I know Mockingbird, Hellcat, Whor, America and Ms. Muslim get a lot of hate and deserving so...

I know Mockingbird, Hellcat, Whor, America and Ms. Muslim get a lot of hate and deserving so, but look at how pathetic the female face of Marvel is. A character that used to be fapbait only memorable for getting raped by her time-travelling son up until she got reinvented as a stronk independent dyke that has been relaunched 3 times with each of their volumes barely lasting 15 issues each time. She is not really that popular to begin with and specially not now after Civil War 2 that featured her as a dumb ass authoritarian who arrests people before they even commit a crime and gets even her own friends killed.

Casuls point her out as the best female Marvel superhero, if not best superhero period. But they can't even explain what makes her appealing besides having a vagina. Who does Marvel think they are fooling by saying she is their best character.

I hope that Writer's Strike does happen so that superhero bubble may burst and put this thing's movie six feet under.

Other urls found in this thread:

view-comic.com/ms-marvel-v1-001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She is a rip off of Super Girl, even her name is similar.

Kara came out in the 1950's, and Marvel responded with Miss Marvel.

Who?

My normalfag friends

They sound like they're even worse than normalfags.
The normalfags I know either don't know who she is, or agree that she's fucking boring. She's got nothing that makes her unique. She's a poor man's Supergirl and is typically portrayed as a Mary Sue because no one can make her anything but boring.

Normalfags don't know who she is, she hasn't had a movie or endearingly shitty cartoon

Normalfags not privy to the fact that she's really only a means for Marvel to keep the Captain Marvel trademark away from DC?

I don't know what else to call them. I have this friend who doesn't like obvious SJW shit like Riri Williams, Moon Girl and Ms. Marvel, but he thinks Captain Dyke is a well-done female superhero, even though its all the same shit. When I asked him what was appealing about her, he was really grasping at straws.
Another friend that I have despises Feigbusters and Emma Watson's Beauty and the Beast, but for some reason they love Horizon Zero Dawn.

That's Geoff Johns' fault not Marvel's, the trademark just keeps DC from using Captain Marvel as a book title.

Maybe your friends aren't fully redpilled yet. They maybe clinging onto somethings but eventually will turn.

All Carol is good for was getting her powers stolen by Rogue.

This. Sounds like OP is friends with people just like Max Landis.

That doesn't really say much about what makes her special.
So did every superhero ever.
Elektra has beaten her to the punch.
You mean the right side of the conflict?
So is Batwoman. So she isn't that special.

The movie is going to bomb. I hope they dump a pile of money on it like Cisbusters did. Captain Marvel fucking sucks. They took the only thing interested about her, sex appeal, away, and told the fans to eat it as they shoved that down their throats through an editorial decrying her previous costume. I'm not going to accept that. She's more forced on people than Vince McMahon's chosen wrestlers. She's a fucking character devised in a board room. She is political correctness manifest.

When I think of great Marvel superheroines, I think Storm, Jean Grey, the Invisible Woman, Black Widow.

I liked Carol Danvers best when she would show up on the periphery of Wolverine stories about espionage and special operations.

Did Danvers ever have it out with Mystique for beating her boyfriend to death?
Or did the new writers just ignore all her old plotlines and supporting characters?

You know the answer to this, user.

Wow. He's almost in tears about how bad things have gotten. I honestly feel sorry for Landis; it feels like he has actual talent and understanding, and is completely blind to the social side of the problems he's discussing. Like when he very correctly stated that Rey was a complete Mary Sue, and promptly got blasted for it. It's like he legitimately doesn't understand how to toe the party line. He's like a Marxist in Stalin's cabinet. Incredible.

I've seen Energizer in a few pages scattered around here but never really followed the character. Is Power Pack a good read? Any recommendations?

It wasnt rape

Wasn't it retconned as mind-control once they realized the implications? I would argue that mind control (as seen in comics) is morally equivalent to rape anyway, but it definitely makes one unfit to consent.

I think originally it was mind control, but its still not rape, because if you mind control someone for love, its not rape

pt2

She was in one episode of 90s X-Men where she acted like a complete psychopath.

Only half remember that show, did Rogue start the series having perma absorbed her powers or was that something that happened in the course of the show?

I'm pretty sure Rogue already had Carol's powers when the show began.

He sounds like he doesnt give a fuck about social issues or doesnt know anything about them, and just wants to see movies and read comics to have fun.

I actually really like her current costume, I just hate the dykey haircut they're giving her these days.

Yes.

Power Pack as a series has a very high quality overall. Only things with Power Pack in the title that really sucked were issue 34 (It's one of the few, as far as I know, comics Marvel actually declared outright non-canon due to how badly written it was. Marvel normally just ignores things, gives weird retcons or says they were alternate universes, not strike them from canon entirely.), the last 7 issues of the original run, and a PSA comic with Spider-Man. You can read their entire original series (even the last 7 issues if you can stand them because the "Holiday Special" finale does really clever things to fix the awful issues), the Holiday Special (actually a finale that's pretty good), Shelter From the Storm (a PSA comic that takes place right after issue 17 but was written years afterward and standalone) and the 4 issue Volume 2 AKA Peer Pressure (Not great, not terrible, decent read that fills some holes in the end). Then you can read the alternate universe mini-series series Marvel did about a decade ago in publication order which is pic related, X-Men and Power Pack, Avengers & Power Pack, Spider-Man Power Pack (Don't confuse this with Spider-man and Power Pack, which is a disturbing PSA), Hulk & Power Pack, Fantastic Four & Power Pack, Iron Man & Power Pack, Power Pack: Day One (actually their revised origin for this canon told in flashback), Skrulls vs Power Pack, Wolverine and Power Pack then finally Thor And The Warriors Four.

Unfortunately things that weren't their own comic featuring them have run the range from good (Uncanny X-Men 195 and 205, the Strange Tales where they first met Punisher), meh (MC2 Energizer is just wasted potential. She was gathering heroes for Thanksgiving parties and got Frank Castle to do what she asked him to when she was 5 but she's just a random scientist in the future?) and oh god kill it with fire (anything else that tries to make a Power Pack member a solo character for more than an issue like New Warriors and Avengers Academy.)

Her Warbird costume was one of my favorites, but I like this one a lot too. It's very superheroic and a little bit military.

I guess the Power Pack works if they are all together…and not going solo, huh?

I like Miss Marvel in Avengers EMH

Is that the only good version of her?

I liked the original 25 issue run she had in the 70's, despite the goofy costume and worse hair, she managed to be a feminist without whining about it every page, ie, it wasn't a limited characterisation. Like every feminist character now, who just walk in and start wall-of-texting about how men are such pigs before they've even got their strawmen set up to ad hominem.

Chris Claremont laid a lot of the groundwork for his run on X-Men, with the first appearances of Deathbird and Mystique, and an early appearance of Sabertooth.

Power Pack's personalities were built for a dynamic where they played foil to their siblings (like Alex is fairly bossy despite being a kid. That's never going to work without anyone but his siblings).

It's not inherently unworkable, and New Warriors/Avenger's Academy didn't even remotely keep characterization anyways (Especially with Julie in Avenger's Academy). It's far from a good idea though.

Oh and for the mini-series series, really the only continuity is
so you could ultimately read them in any order aside from that (or even ignore that as its not super critical). I recomend reading the original series start to finish first, because there's loads of little nods to it (Protoplasm has a much bigger role. The writers even uses Katie's middle name for a gag, and that was mentioned once in the entire original run.)

Much obliged, anons. Now I just have to find a source, or get a Marvel digital sub for a month.

Does that even have Power Pack?

I thought it was everything older than ~6 months? It seemed like a huge list when I originally had one, a few years ago.

… Yup, just checked. They have it. Their comic browsing interface is fucking terrible though. It's like they're trying to hide shit behind all their "popular" series and movies and whatnot. Comixology only has the first volume available as "unlimited," the rest you would have to buy.

Huh. Wonder what the image quality is for some of the original run.

Get new friends post-haste.

Your pain is one I know all too well.

The only people fooled are the same Marvel employees who came up with the propaganda in the first place, and they're high on their own supply.

"You HAVE to pretend she's the best or else you're sexist! She's Earth's MIGHTIEST Hero!"

Do they fap off to this blatantly nonsensical stuff? Do these writers and editors privately commission Amanda Conner to draw pictures of Carol sexually dominating the Marvel editors or something?

No one cares about this character and the movie is going to bomb.

She was good as a B- or let's be honest C-list character who was there in a supportive capacity sometimes for the X-Men or Avengers. It was like "Oh hey Carol Danvers yeah she has some interesting history in the MU and is vaguely qualified as a known hero."

Then magically she became this instant A+-lister and they got Mary Sue DeConnick to write terrible stories about her.

It speaks volumes that Kamala (who isn't even a solid A-lister herself) is obviously far and away more popular and a better character than her "idol" Carol.

The character really, really, really sucks now. The whole "n-n-n-no she's really popular a-and fans a-are called the C-Carol Corps…" stuff is knee-slapping funny.

user there's legitimately no reason to do that, its more distracting than helpful. I'd say fuck off to Reddit but I'll take the benefit of the doubt and say you;re just new

(checked)
Its alright, they've should've went with a more 80's vibe with the cut.

To me Carol was always a cumdumpster, good for a fap but nothing else.

What's funny is she was clearly created to be a feminist version of Captain Marvel back in the 70's but she never took off in terms of popularity.

Feminists defend her because she's one of their holy cows.

I'm not him but where did this reddit spacing thing come from? I remember there was always a weird minority of autists who'd double space their posts for some retarded reason, when the hell did it become associated with reddit?

When formatting posts on reddit, you need to press enter twice to move down a single line
like this. So if you switch to Holla Forums where you only need to press enter once all of your posts

start to be

really spaced out

like a retard
I was a reddit fag long ago

Oh, get new friends? Just get new friends? Why don't I strap on my friend helmet and squeeze down into a friend cannon and fire off into friendland, where friends grow on friendies?!

Now I want lactation smut of Carol.

You still are

Go back to your goat farm.

It's not a Reddit thing. I put a space in if I change subjects to break up a big text block.
It's better than trying to put in an indent to start a new paragraph.

So it's just autism, not a reddit thing then. Good to know.

What is she even doing? I know she was fairly centric in their Civil War shit but I know about most heroes through osmosis and I have no idea what she does or really who she is besides she was fapbait at one point and was pruded up.

forgot to add

the subtitle says what we're all thinking…

I used to read her old book, and the appeal was that she was an ASS KICKER. A fucking brawler, the prototype of all the other Chris Claremont warrior women like Storm and Psylocke and Fatale. Amnesiac, split personalities, everyone lined up to kill her, in the beginning she had two lives who were completely unaware of each other. J. Jonah Jameson as a boss in her civilian identity, holding down a tough job editing a big magazine while dealing with blackouts, then randomly coming to in the middle of a fight with no idea who she is, and beating the absolute crap out of some really bad motherfuckers like Deathbird, Scorpion, Sabretooth, the Doomsday Man, MODOK, Tiger Shark, Grotesk…

I should add what Mystique did to her was absolutely filthy. It goes to show that the new writers don't read the old comics that Carol has never gone after Mystique like a fucking ICBM after Mystique took her form and beat her boyfriend to death with her bare hands in his own apartment for kicks.

Sounds kinda brutal.

Wow is that like the female version of the fridge?

Motherfucker you started a new line for nearly every single sentence.

Holy shit what's with all the costumes and genders? How many times did they re-write this character, exactly?

The male Captain Marvel is owned by DC and is currently called Shazam due to copyright bullshit.

The female one is owned by Marvel.

I'm not an expert on the character but I've seen her in some X men stuff and she's gone through a few costumes.

The Marvel Captain Marvel was originally male too, but he died of cancer so Ms. Marvel took his name.

Thanks for correcting me on that user. I get the feeling they're going to butcher the male Captain Marvel in the live action movie.

I was catching my breath.

What's the BFD with Reddit, anyway?

I've never been there, but everyone here acts like it's Holla Forums for normies.

Her origin story is more or less a ripoff of Green Lantern's and from what I have heard about her movie, they're trying to make the story as different from Green Lantern as possible.

The REAL Captain Marvel!

What about shoah'ed Captain Marvel?

He died in the eighties. There have been several more male Marvel Captain Marvels since then

I remenber reading Secret Invasion I think and the only good thing about Ms. Marvel, that made her stand out from the other generic C-Level heores was how brutal the woman was. She's like a female version of Sentry, the girl have no restrain when it came to fights and was tearing skrulls apart and hating herself for enjoying it.

I doubt this is how she will be represented in the movie. She'll probably be some female version of Captain America.

Danvers was always a badass.
Even before her origin, she was an airforce intelligence jockette with judo training, the Psyche-Magnetron gave her the complete training of a Kree warrior, like Captain Marvel, on top of that. When she was suffering from split personality disorder, her human half actually had to force her Kree half to hold back from using lethal force every time she fought.

Here, I found the original run.
view-comic.com/ms-marvel-v1-001/

The whole problem with Danvers is that no-one since Chris Claremont has had the foggiest idea what to do with her, and even he ended up throwing her under a bus when he started the X-Men.

That pretty much is it, yes. It's the forum of normies, with an upvote/downvote system that has resulted in clique-ism and circlejerks, shills and fanboys as far as the eye can see, any chances of open discourse crushed under Redditors' needs to shout memes and attentionwhore, and SJW mods and admins that will ban you for any reason.

So it's basically 4chan but even more normalfag and cancerous. Also I have no idea how the fuck you navigate it, it's the most baffling website I've seen, every time I've seen a page of it I have no idea how their ass-backwards system works, it's like they wanted a message board but decided to complicate it as hard as possible.

What I don't like is that she's an Etch a Sketch of a character. Constant Black outs/Amnesia means no real character development ever sticks.

Compounding that, someone with such horrifying mental issues shouldn't be trusted in a place of military leadership.

Wasn't Rick Jones Captain Marvel at one point?

I hear the 2006 run is supposed to be good.

Shit sorry I meant to respond to

Technically he was one-half of Captain Marvel twice. First with Mar-Vell, and again for his son Genis Vell years later.

…who came out in the 70s.

And one female before the dykening.

Speaking of Monica Rambeau, why in the hell didn't they continue with her? She's OP as fuck. Or, y'know, just for shiggles, why didn't they make Carol Danvers COLONEL Marvel, since she's a motherfucking airforce colonel. Then they could have their bitch-character without making the rest of us murderously angry?

That's a pretty good idea.

Nah, she was head of security at Cape Canaveral when she had her origin, but by the time she became Ms. Marvel, she was editing a magazine for J. Jonah Jameson.
She had plenty of character development, this is a Chris Claremont book after issue #3, she went through enough angst for an entire X-Men team. The amnesia, the blackouts, then the split personality, they were all explored, worked through, subverted, then changed for something new.

Funny thing, she had Mar-vell's memories of training, so she'd flash back and see herself in his place at the Kree military academy where he trained, the other cadets beating the crap out of him for being a pink-skin…

Because Marvel needs someone to sit on the Captain Marvel trademark. And the problem with Rambeau is that, aside from being OP as fuck, she's barely a character herself. Being so far removed from the Kree and Mar-Vell made obscurity inevitable for her after her heyday with the Avengers, and her depiction in Nextwave certainly hasn't helped. Between Monica and Carol, they're both blank slates at this point.

My point, Kara Danvers was around before Carol Danvers was.

DC Captain Marvel super-cedes all other caps.

They could just bring Mar-Vell back. They've done dumber shit for far less justification.

He's a fucking white male, user.

This and they already brought him back as a villain in the Thanos Imperative.

I would argue that doing so would trample over a very powerful story, but this is Marvel we're talking about

Yeah, Rogue started the show with Danvers powers. Danvers appearance happend during season 2, when Xavier was lost in Savage Land and Mistique started appearing transformed into Danvers to try to make Rogue leave the X-Men and join her Brotherhood back.

T-hey hate diversity! And women!

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll dump it here:

I've joined Team No Capeshit, folks. I kept the faith as long as I possibly could, but that faith was not rewarded, and will never be rewarded as long as the globalist jews and their pet social justice cattle are running and ruining the industry I used to love.

you went from naive retard to carpet sweeping retard in one swoop

That's not what he means. He means he's not going to defend modern capes as a whole or expect any significant number of good titles to come out anymore.

Disregarding the current state of cape comics in particular, capeshit was always a thing for 2 main reasons.

First, almost all the comics are formulaic. Create a mary sue character (or whatever the male equivalent is) that stands for everything good in the world, and have them fight off an incarnation of evil and defeat it by the end of the story.

Second, the tie-ins. That's my worst beef with capeshit; "We see you're reading THIS comic right now, and after several pages in we're telling you won't be able to fully understand it unless you read THAT comic which we published in the past, which may or may not exist in stores right now!".
I'd understand if a comic was EXPLICITLY a continuation of another comic but otherwise I find a lot of comics tying-in to completely different series just because.

I would read the fuck out of Carol if she was drawn like this by Alan Davis.

Doesn't Alan Davis hate Marvel now?

He wouldn't be wrong for it.

He is currently working in a Guardians of the Galaxy comic.

If I didn't know how shit her writing is in modern comics or how she's forced in general I would like her for design, though I would change her hair a little bit, she could be a cute curvy and fit tomboy. And why did Americunts ruin short haired women? Do leftists there love military so much or what?

This.

Just because capeshit isn't that great right now doesn't make the past 10 years of spregs decrying capeshit retroactively correct.

Man I wish the superhero bubble would burst but realistically I don't see that shit happening anytime soon.

They kind of ruined the alt-girl look. Used to be that alt-girl was down to earth and outside the mainstream. Now they are the mainstream and are unlikable cunts.

I tried searching for that image to see where it came from but I couldn't find it. Is this some alternate universe comic or from a different run or something?

user, that is a collage pic I made from Captain Marvel in the limited Fantastic Four: The End series. Its an alternate reality comic written back in 2007 before Marvel went full-blown PC Culture and allowed Alan Davis to draw women with curves in the right places.

Also that Captain Marvel isn't even Carol Danvers, but Ayesha from Guardians of the Galaxy.