So I'm starting a job with a lot of commute time due to reasons

So I'm starting a job with a lot of commute time due to reasons.

I have to change buses/trains and I have trouble reading long texts in that setting. And using a laptop at the time is less than ideal.

So how does one spend that time usefully?
Anki is at the top, language, physics, chemistry, just about anything.

Podcosts? Nothing I usually use but I'm up for suggestions

Other ideas of how to spend that time usefully would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/ebooks/index.htm
mises.org/library/books
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Play Pokemans on your 3DS.

Podcasts are nice, but they are just generally idiots with a microphone. Ted talks can be worse. I personally rip the audio from defcon presentations and listen to them on my way to work. Also audio books are a thing.

If you want some sort of computer thing that is smaller than a laptop, things like the pyra or the pocket chip are a thing.

A better option to spend your time usefully would be to make friends on the bus and stop being an antisocial faggot.

Auditory stuff like audio books, language learning and music listening would be easy to do. There are portable morse code trainers with tiny LCD screens. If you play guitar, you can play a gripmaster.

Read political/economic/philosophical/spiritual writings. Most people strongly lack a good grounding in these topics nowadays since they dumbed down university ages ago.

THIS

Meditate and try not to look any muslims in the eye.

Buy an ebook reader with a good size screen that can read pirated .epubs. The kobo ones are good.
Then download all the .epubs from here:
marxists.org/ebooks/index.htm

Stop typing like a vapid teenage girl, you fucking faggot. I bet you talk with a lot of vocal fry due to all the dick that's roughed up your throat.

"I'm starting a job with a lot of commute time" would have been more than sufficient.

Apart from my suggestion that you stop being such a lisping power bottom, I'd suggest that you work on Project Euler or other puzzles or math problems. A lot of that can be done mentally.

Close, but no. Instead of showing himself as a submissive faggot OP should pick a target and stare at them for the whole ride.

a job's a lot of work. long commutes are work in themselves. are you sure that 'useful' is what you should be worrying about?
I've have 3-4 hour commutes per day for the last five years or so. I've gone through music, audiobooks, podcasts, novelupdates.com, and books, and repeatedly falling asleep on busses. I go for a while on one thing and then I change it up. Occasionally I dream about being productive this time (more than reading productive books), but barring something like a Pyra or a Sharp Zaurus, there's not a lot of space and you don't want the attention.
uh, really? too autistic? Are you sure? Maybe you'll get better with practice.

Jesus tap dancing Christ on a cracker. How much do you hate your life?

it's fine. I get a lot of reading in. It's not like I'm driving 3-4 hours. And that's per-day, adding the to-work and the from-work times.

bring your prostate massager with/within you. orgasm on your way to work

Sorry OP, I meant this website:
mises.org/library/books

They wiretap everyone 100% of the time. At least if your comms are going through Internet backbone and telcos. Of course some of it might be encrypted, but widespread "protection" rackets like cloudflare effectively negate some of that. Also can't really trust SSL certificate CAs.

www .mrmoneymustache.com/2011/10/06/the-true-cost-of-commuting/

Hot af

What if I enjoy my hour long commute zipping around secondary roads?
t. /o/

Vocal fry is cool tbh

Follow Hacker News on Telegram, you'll have plenty of stuff, aside from that:
Louis Rossman
34C3
DefCon
Primitive Technology

Yes presentations from CCC now could work.

And making friends on the bus/train is not culturally accepted here, it is considered extremely strange to talk to a stranger on the bus. ( Sweden )

Fun idea with morse code trainers.

I already read things like that but I tend to get motion sickness.

Already have, problem is motion sickness.

Interesting overall, things don't always go as planned. As before, motion sickness.

I'm looking for a place that is closer, it's temporary because I feel like the author.

But that is the usual, but I'll see.

Please stop shilling Holla Forums.

God I love being American.

when I used to commute, I just read manga on my phone

How long do you have to travel?
Get a car like every normal person and not ride buses or trains like the assholes, if you cannot afford a car, consider changing your job in the near future. Or if you have a short distance then take the bike, usually much faster than the public goyim transportation shit.

but you need a license for that

Well why not get a license? Assuming you are young that would always be a worthwile investment, even if you are a citydweller, and then again distances under 20km are probably faster done with a big than with the assholebus.
You do not have to look at all the city dwelling motherfuckers, you do not have to pay money for that shit and you also do something for your health.

Public transport in middle and big sized cities in Europe is usually good, so no need for those (((investments))).

It is absolute bullshit, i use the bike and i m about 2x faster than using this dreck, it is for assholes and old/fat people.
Also a car is status, a drivers license is also a plus in spontanity and mobility. You can take a boobanimal to certain places for example, or you go whereever you want without using the assholebus.

Enjoy having to waste money just to mantain and feed your (((status toy))).

Well let me ask you: what do you spend money on that you consider worthwhile?

I save most of my income so that I can stop being a wage slave and live on a remote village away from niggers and gypses. Last year I only spent money on enjoyment literally once, on a hard drive.

Money is never a problem for me. When I want to buy something, I can make any plan to get that money.

Sweden and more so Scandinavia is full of litteral snowflakes. I can't stand their social conventions

Not long before they have to fill out a form before they fuck :^^^^^^).

if you're not retarded you can get a relatively cheap and reliable used car.
my $1500 shitbox has been going strong 6 years now, and I beat the hell out of it.

C'mon, is there any place on Earth where people talk to strangers on their daily commute?

best suggestion itt

I am from Barcelona. I take the metro thrice a day for a total of one hour of travel every day. This has been going on for two years, and I have casually spoken with a woman once.

I wish talking in the daily commute was more common so I could try to talk to the cute Barcelona girls without looking like a creep.

Commuting will kill you
True horror awaits you

You have money, why not move closer to work? I live 1mi away, my "commute" is a 4 minute drive in my shitter beat up old car. I need to fill my gas tank up like once every 2-3 months.

Just get a car.

my experiences:
2012: long commute, one bus 10min, couldn't do shit on that one. Transfer bus was 45min and not crowded. Used laptop to read pdfs on, was mostly fine.
2014+: Now have smartphone. New job, two buses but both are short (20min each). Never been able to really get into what I'm reading because I'm afraid of missing my transfer/stop because the buses run like shit and are super crowded.

Most public transit is too shitty and crowded to do meaningful work on, it only works out if you have a decently long ride and the bus isn't packed. A car will get you to place where you can be productive (work, library, whatever) much faster than a bus. WAY less stress too, I miss my car so much (sold it when I moved for work).

And depending on where you live you might be surprised by how much more comparable the costs are than you'd think. Cars = expensive is a normie meme.

Only thing that definitely sucks is you have to have a place to park, which is a big deal in some cities.

Not that user, but it depends where you work. SV is notoriously hyperexpensive and there's no way you're getting a place 4 minutes from work without making CEO-tier pay and even then you'd probably need to ask Goldberg for help. Even SD is expensive and "starter homes" within 20 minutes of the tech jobs don't go below $600k.
I've got an apartment 10 minutes from where I work that's about $2k/month and I use the time I save to do contracting. 12 hours a day combined, but I'm making over $200k/yr before it's taxed to support blight.

I do math as a hobby, so that's what I would do during long commutes. You just bring a notebook and pencil

have radios in your backpack and take silent control of the electronics of everyone in and around the bus as well as the bus itself.
oof botnet, roopkits, and brapdoors. oof!
now you can get a nice place to bounce your traffic around in.

>>>/suicide/