Unstoppable Wasp Storytime

Alrightie, guys. Someone in the Frank Cho thread asked for a storytime of this shit, I figured I'd oblige them and went to go find somewhere to storytime it.

Let's get started.
The art style is fucking terrible, number one. It's some horrible, god-awful combination of Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, and Hellcat, all rolled into one.
The story so far just sounds like a dumbed down version of Starfire's, where they have to get her papers set up. But Starfire had a place she could go to because the superheroes in DC were used to this kind of shit happening. Why is it different in the Marvel universe? This feels like something that should be easily handled.

I don't know if this is an original character or a prexisting one that got rebooted (I'm pretty sure the latter considering we had a Wasp before this), but her backstory sounds like a shitty self-insert OC from a Naruto fanfic.

Also:
kek

Its ironic that the story is a dumbed down version of Starfire's when this artist worked in the second volume of that title. For some reason it felt better there than here (and even then, her artwork is a stepdown from Emanuella Lupaccino). As far as current female-led titles were concerned, I thought Starfire was the most harmless because while it was still a comic about a heroine going on wacky adventures, she wasn't a quippy, snarky Joss Whedon type of heroine but rather a clueless, fish-out-of-water, but otherwise nice girl which was fresh of breath air (even though it didn't make much sense in continuity, since she is established as a hard-ass warrior / slutty type in the New 52) and she didn't fight some horrid caricature of internet trolls, conservabros or bigots like Hellcat or Mockingbird.

Is Janet Van Dyne dead? How does she feel about another woman using her name?

For that matter, has Hawkeye reacted to there being another Hawkeye?
And has Peter Parker commented at ALL on there being another fucking Spider-Man, or is he just so numb after the Spider-Clones he doesn't care any more?
Is Falcon still Captain America? If he's Captain America shouldn't Steve be calling himself The Captain, or Nomad, or something?

Fucking diversity heroes, they're not even legacy heroes, since with the exception of Chulk and Moon Girl, the originals are still around. At least Ironheart has her own name. I feel bad for Thor because that's his NAME. His ex-girlfriend has literally stolen his name.

Have they killed off Logan before making X-23 Wolverina?

So far this comic seems like it's just reminding you how many OMG GREAT FEMALE CHARACTERS Marvel has now.
Also, Nadia just forgot about the whole Immigration thing, I guess? Because she never finished up with that.

KEK

Nadia mentions she's met the other Wasp. I'm guessing she's still alive.
Logan's officially killed off (for the time being), though they brought Old Logan into this universe, because reasons.

She was stuck in a room doing science her entire life, how come the only way she figured this out was through 'movies' anyway? Where did she watch those movies? If she saw those movies, how could she not figure out the phone immediately?

But it doesn't have toes, unless for some reason the giant robot is wearing boots

You can tell this is written by some out-of-touch man, because all it's full of is 'HEY SCIENCE IS A BOYS CLUB GIRLS CAN DO IT YEA LETS GO GIRLS!!' and… Roller dirby? I know they're technically just doing roller hockey, but they're dressed like stereotypical roller dirby girls from a mid-to-late 2000s movie about feminism.

Also, why is this cunt wearing rollerblades inside?

How does she know that saying if she doesn't even know what a bleacher is?
Also, writer confirmed for telling teenage girls to go be sluts.

Considering Luna constantly rattles on about how she's the Smartest There Is, why is it a surprise that everyone knows her goddamn name?

The explanation of the ring (which was for some reason just sitting on the back of the rat's tongue?) was pretty lack-luster. Why not just say there was an injection? Or a chip inserted into the brain that stimulates certain areas to cause aggression?

I was going to ask why this is being storytimed again but iread your description. Godspeed OP. Hope you survive this piece of shit.

???

This is some normie science shit.
And why does Nadia care about Carl Sagan? …How does she know about him? Nicola Tesla I might accept because he's a slav and maybe he got mentioned in her studying, but Carl Sagan??

Why would he be able to talk to her about building a teleporter? Why would she go to a planetarium to figure out how to make a teleporter? Why does Nadia know who he is?

God, this entire thing really is a guy trying far too hard to impress a young female audience. 'oo popular girls r so dumb XD'

[insert Bane joke here]

Also, the second wrestler's eyes are open. She ain't knocked out. Bitch is dead.

I don't care if she says they're knocked out, those wrestlers look dead.

Also, why be a cunt and shrink their phones like that? She doesn't even fucking know them and just assumes they're some catty bitches.

Also, how do these rings that Ying makes even work? They're apparently connected to the bloodstream, I'm guessing by those little pointy parts stabbing someone's skin, but there's no way that thing broke through her jacket and other clothes to actually pierce skin. Especially the other guys' leather jackets.

You know, that's really a shame because this comic has a fuckton of potential. The action is far from terrible, the art's not bad at all, the butler could be an amazing character, the tension cliffhangers, like that one with the best friend who has a bomb to the back of her head, are creative and efficient… there's lots of shit that could frankly make it amazing.
But the issue is, it's all littered with frankly uninteresting archetypes and repetitive characters. The "sassy young minority girl who doesn't fit in with the hot white gals at school" was overdone ten years before this came out. The dialogue is frankly bland at best too, and you'd assume Buckley helped writing it sometimes seeing how fucking wordswordswords it goes.
Also, for a highly trained assassin, she sure looks way too remorseful and "coldless". If she has killed tons of times before, and was trained all her life to do it again and again, why the fuck would she feel guilty even just hurting other people who'd deserved it ?
In short, it's something that could be HUGE that forces itself to not go too far. It's scared of its own potential, of what it could produce, and tries to just limit itself just where it won't make a protagonist that is TOO original.
The conclusion of that G.I.R.L. shit better be good by the way (why the fuck make such a retarded name, too ? it's not even a miserably bad idea, I guess, it's just so lame and childish when you make it out that way).
This basically feels like it's going to take 25 volumes to finally get anywhere is the big problem.

Whenever I see Nicola Tesla being referenced in a work, it always comes across as a transparent and desperate attempt to go "Oh, look at all the nerd cred we've got splattering wetly down our inner thighs".

val pls leave

I know I said this in the previous UW storytime, but this backstory makes no sense.
HOW DOES SHE KNOW THIS IS ALL TRUE?
WHO WAS KEEPING TRACK OF ALL THIS INFO?
WHY WOULD THE RUSSIANS EVEN NEED TO TELL HER?

She could have been born from a back alley whore and just been lied to about being the daughter of Hank, so she would aspire to learn his stolen research and master the technology behind it. An actual backstory of lying to a child about having smart parents (instead of much worse ones) to motivate them and to get them to master their parents tech (for the Russians benefit) is the only way I can see this being redeemed.

The art is flat and dull much like the majority of tripe they're trying to pass on as a story. The aesthetics are not there, and can easily be dismissed, it just doesn't stand out as anything with potential.

I like your style user.

He was her mentor from what I know, so he probably approves of it.

Parker and Morales crossed paths few times, and it was accompanied by Bendis humor about "wow we are both Spider-Man!". Some user posted few of these in the last Spider-Man thread about month or two ago.

But if Miles is now native to Earth 616, since Peter is alive he has no reason to be Spider-Man.
Is his backstory now that he's just a stalker with the same powers and no imagination, and Peter is so cucked he doesn't even object to the use of his code-name?
I mean, can you imagine some guy walking up to Captain America and saying "I'M CAPTAIN AMERICA!" and Steve laughing and saying "Ho ho ho, we are both Captain America!"?

Waaait a minute:

Kek I still have this saved. No reason to appeal to these cucks.

Even Frank Cho's talent is no match for this tumblr grade cringe. Marvel comics needs a rebirth and new writers.

FUCKING KEK

I understand there are some cases where the anatomy looks broken as shit, but this has become such a fucking meme. To the point where they think looking over your shoulder is anatomically impossible. Her spine isn't even fucking bent; her back isn't turned. You can't see her tits. She's just looking over her goddamn shoulder.

Like, seriously. How the fuck do they think a spine bends?

This is why SJW artists are shit; they don't know anatomy.

…….what in the everloving fuck??

I Blame loomis for this one specifically.

They really act like this is unrealistic and when you point out its not, they claim its still unrealistic because why would she pose like this in the first place?

Who is that?

I am saving the fuck out of this

What's the point of including those interviews in anyway? No one cares about some random idiots with bad taste, who probably aren't real in the first place. Better choice would be to just stuck in page of ads instead this crap.

Why?

Lurk more, faggot. Or at least learn to use search engines.

I think the only real problem here is anyone who even acknowledged these people's opinions. How much time and headaches would have been saved if people simple responded to things like "why is she dressed like that? why is she a sex object?" etc. with nothing? Give these people a pint and they take the whole gallon.

>>>/loomis/

I love how guys like these are the new Anti-Sex League. They can't get laid in a morgue, and they've realized this, so now OMG SEX IS BAD.

Giraffes confirmed for filthy muties

They're not wrong, but at the same time, that's the most basic understanding of evolution I've ever heard. This sounds like someone that just took a science class once in high school would write. Just more proof the interviews are fake. It's the equivalent to Moon Girl's 'EVOLUTION ISN'T A THEORY!!' line. Yes, it's not a theory in the way most humans use it, but you can't fucking bitch just when someone calls it 'the theory of evolution' when teaching their class about it.

To attempt to show girls there's women in their profession.

In reality, this isn't helping anything. It's not the lack of women in a profession that stops more women from joining. Men and women are different psychologically and enjoy different things. If you hear from a woman in a male-oriented job, you'll often hear that they feel they are treated equal. Rebecca Sugar stated this once when interviewed about how she's a rare case of a woman in animation. I listened to an interview on the radio once about the only woman in a given state (I don't remember which one; Washington or something maybe?) that brews beer professionally, and she said the same thing. In a political science class I have, I'm the only female student, and I hear it pointed out a lot, though I've never been treated unequally.
Meanwhile, there are more women than men in teaching or nursing positions. I have a minor in psychology specifically because I enjoy the classes and I need one to take those classes, though it would not interrupt my ability to graduate in four years. I go to these classes, and there's only 4 men at the max, and they are usually quiet and sit in the back.
Women are emotional, social creatures. This is why they're more likely to get right-brained disorders like bipolar disorder, while men are more likely to get left-brained disorders like autism. There is a psychological difference. We need to stop crying because women are not in STEM fields. It's not because of inequality; it's because women are inherently different from men and tend to favor different jobs.

Shit do psychologists still use those terms?

Depends. Psychologists are a lot more all-over-the-place than people of other studies. There are still psychologists who take Freud seriously, man.

True, I think Gestalt theory is the only thing that isn't 90% speculation.

These interviews are also funny because they undermine the comic's narrative that women are wrongly excluded or underrepresented in the sciences – but evidently there are enough female scientists for the comic to feature two of them in every issue.

Ah, I wouldn't argue that. It's just that it's hard to prove anything in psychology given how complicated the brain is and how little we know about it. I don't think there are many people arguing against what we know of child development or things like classical conditioning.

By talking about right-brained and left-brained, it's just simplifying it to make it easy to understand. Like why the limbic system is still taught.

On the same note of the comic's narrative, I find it hilarious that most of these people she's recruiting are non-white young women from poor urban areas. Schools in these areas suck, how are they so smart? Shouldn't she be trying to visit the rich areas where schools are decent?

I really don't like this kind of character, the whole "Hi, Modok"
"My name is Murdock"
"ok, Modok"
I mean, it can be funny, or cute, I guess depending how you do it, but in this case is really obnoxious, because she is supposed to be sooooo smart and she acts really retarded half of the time and it is not the socially inept kind of thing, that would be funny or fitting in the story, no, she just acts like an idiot.

One of my last /tg/ characters keeps changing another character's name because he has a bunch of mashed together letters for a name. She happens to be smart because of the dice as well, but she is in fact depicted as this blunt, redneck-type girl. The twist is she actually does know his name, which she uses to charge potions to his account

I also had another character who kept changing a place's name every time she said it. It started sounding like its real name, but then started devolving into stupid vombinations of words that had nothing to do with the original. But then again, she was supposed to be dumb.

Oh, I didn't mean in the sense that it was great, just that it's very, very far from webcomic-tier. It's trying and does its job properly.
It does feel somewhat flat though, you're right. I dunno, it all feels like it could shine so easily if this were given to people with more dedication and intent behind it. Right now it feels like it was written over twitter.

I swear, this whole comic is the best example of what would happen if someone on TV Tropes somehow made it in big in the comic book industry and wrote their own comic.

Everything has to be "meta" and "ironic" and the art is the type of shit you would find on Tumblr.

Oh on that level, fuck now you made me feel sad for the state of american comic.

It's a bad idea. When group comes across one of the male heroes, she is likely to lose interest in the project and chase after the guy instead.

Why are you namefagging?

FTFY

How old is Whitley that he thinks this is a good idea in a comic (supposedly) aimed at young girls? Who sits there and thinks "You know what little girls love? Roller Derby!"?

If I was writing a comic for little girls, with editors who simply didn't care what I wrote, and was having the main character in a sport, I'd choose two-gun because female athletes actually are relatively competitive with men in shooting sports (there were female medalist when Olympic shooting was a mixed event and plenty of modern examples), adults and minors can be in the same event and it's visually interesting. It would also fit any tinkerer character because having better equipment than your opponents isn't cheating and is actually pretty normal.

Huh that would be interesting to read. Never did shooting sport so never knew much about it. Normally when it comes to "female" sports I think of Volleyball, Cheerleading, Gymnastics and Soccer I guess.

I wouldn't say it feels far from webcomic-tier. There are webcomics with better art than this, user. If this is better than webcomic-tier, it's just slightly better.

Now that's an interesting idea. It works better with the source material than what they did, and would never, ever get printed.

Why is Wasp a white nigger?
Is nuMorbius going to be an aboriginal transsexual next? Where does it end

How is she a white nigger? Is it the lips?

I don't know why but the cover really frustrates me, there's just something about it… wrong

Can people please drive this child molester off the board already? Thanks.

???

ok that's a neat touch, have to admit

never mind

It's a shame. If it wasn't so preachy, I'd probably like this a lot. The art's less than ideal, but I like it enough. Nadia's cute and I like her costume too.

We did, and people picked up his name for memes, don't know if he's actually back or not.

You know there's a filter, right?