Mark Frost is a hack, David Lynch is the only reason Twin Peaks was good

Mark Frost is a hack, David Lynch is the only reason Twin Peaks was good.

is this the new twin peaks thread? howcome no one here is watching it anymore?

It's not a meme show like GoT, it's deliberately slow and people won't have a real handle on it until it's finished.

i thought everyone here in /got/ hated the show but love to complain about it. havent browsed a thread in an age though
TP is still great even with the slow burn, its intriguing and unpredictable unlike any other popular show airing today. i gave up on GoT because of its cringe dialogue and obvious predictability, i skimmed last season but im not even bothering with this one.

Yes true and it is still a meme show. People watch got or pretend to watch it just to shitpost.

There is a special place in hell for Lynch for making Cooper an autist.

you impatient fuck, dougie coop is what makes the buildup to cooper coming back worth it. all the struggle and cooper being shown as a force of pure even though he is completely handicapped will make coopers comeback so much more rewarding

*pure good

I also enjoy when Dougie Coop repeats the last part of what people say and they think it's complete affirmation to what they said.

In last 10 minutes of 15 episodes, pay off yeah right. It has been a worse shitshow then second half of season 2.

t. pleb

Windam Earle and Caroline were a pointless plotline that detracted from the Cooper character. I can envision that whole sequence with Bob as a dentist with a large needle in my head, there's nothing much surreal about it. The Lynch version even though I've actually seen it I would have trouble describing.

Apart from Heather Graham the Annie character was pretty bad too.

I bet you listen to "You and I" and like it.

That's one of the best parts of the season though. The characters who changed the most have been the most interesting.

Lynch is just going out of his way to shit on people who want a nostalgia trip, isn't he?

I liked Twin Peaks because of two things - Dale Cooper being Dale Cooper, and the small rural setting of Twin Peaks.

Season 3? Dale Cooper is an autist that gets everything handed to him because "OHH LOOK A VISION OF THE RED ROOM", and less than a third of the show takes place IN Twin fucking Peaks anymore.

I think the best way of saying it is this: I wanted Twin Peaks Season 3. I got Twin Peaks: The Return Season 1. It's not the same show, not even close, and it's a damn fucking shame.

If season 3 is the last season it will be shame, it seems more like build up to a coming season like it's season 2.5. Though I do think even if they moved all the action back to Twin Peaks it might flounder in that setting like it did back in season 2. What are they meant to do in Twin Peaks, investigate another murder and meet all the same characters again?

I might add that while it's nice to know that Twin Peaks is still a picture-esque town with a bunch of despicable shit going on behind the scenes, it's saddening how they make such a huge deal out of it. In Seasons 1 and 2, adultery was just a thing that happened, and they rarely made a huge deal out of it - everyone knew that it happened, they just didn't talk about it.
Season 3? Both Shelly and Audrey are sleeping around, but the show makes such a huge deal of it, as if the audience doesn't know that what they're doing is wrong.
So either Lynch is going senile, or he just thinks a lot less of his audience now than he did back then.

Polite sage for double post.

It's actually a good show though. I feel like maybe it shouldn't have even been called Twin Peaks though. Just launch it as a new David Lynch show, and slowly reveal that it's actually a continuation of the Twin Peaks mythos.

Mate, his love of coffee and pie are the only traits Dale Cooper retained in Season 3.

My expectations were just too false. Though I suppose it's partly the fault of Showtime, marketing it as a continuation, a Season 3, when it's very obviously a very different show.

called "The Return".

TP is a massive pleb filter. GoT on the other hand is fucking pleb Autobahn. There are way more people on the stupid spectrum than there are on he intelligent, so there's really no wonder that GoT threads are way more popular.
I also want to say that I do watch both but TP I watch instantly. GoT I hold off for weaks before I can be bothered.

But plot wise and actor wise it literally is. In terms of atmosphere not so much.

there is no season 1 dumbass its the only release they will be doing. and the title gives it away:its all about the return not what happens after. if you expected twin peaks to still be the same after the season two finale you are a moron, BOB had won and there was going to be no quick fix then business as usual with cooper being cooper. stop living in the past.
you built up your expectations and had them deservedly ruined.

Interesting to contrast Lynch and Frost.

focus on atmosphere, imagery, cuts out superfluous shit nobody really cares about

on-the-nose plot/lore dump, random plot-line introduced about shit nobody cares about (3 missing years in cooper's biography? who gives a shit?), tries too hard to be atmospheric and esoteric, his style is completely shit and amateurish compared to Lynch

What's pathetic is that Frost shat on Lynch later about "not understanding how to write characters". Lynch is way too nice to people who talk shit.

I hear you, but the thing is, even autistic Cooper is the best thing about Season 3. Seriously Evil/Autistic Cooper storyline is the only thing that worth to watch this show, the rest is boring garbage.

I'm very partial to the Gordon Cole/Rosenfield plot, two great characters expanded and made even better in S3.

Frost would have ruined the Black Lodge scenes.

The only shitty parts are The RR Diner and her whore daughter, everyone is doing their own little thing and they excel in their own stories. What really pisses me off is how much small town America has changed into a place that hipsters like to reside in modernizing it in the process, the air is musty with faggots and this is at peak in the Roadhouse with shitty bands like the Chromatics and those bitches on the keyboard.

It was cute once in 5-6 episodes but David Lynch's character went above and beyond self-fellating.