Let's be real: We all know by now that AES is backdoored by the NSA, right?

Let's be real: We all know by now that AES is backdoored by the NSA, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptome.org/2013/11/snowden-tally.htm
eprint.iacr.org/2011/710
eprint.iacr.org/2011/710.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard#Known_attacks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set
youtube.com/watch?v=1mRG2oAQhso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you start a thread to say something you know is retarded? This thread is basically spam. What is the fucking point? You know it can't be backdoored, because it's a fucking algorithm. We all know this. If you don't, you should be on 4/g/. Honest to God this is the most annoying shit in the world, because a good thread is 1 step closer to death thanks to your shitty one-line no effort post. Jesus fucking Christ, niggers like you should be fucking banned and hanged.

They know how to decrypt it

nice try cianigger

You people are the reason Holla Forums's PPH is down to 19

go back to cuckchan

Wrong. We don't know that AES is backdoored by the NSA. Edward Snowden didn't release any stuff documenting this, neither has any other whistleblower, yet.

People in USGOV apparently still use AES to encrypt top secret level documents. There was no attack on AES publicized yet. Canary in the coalmine is when the spooks scramble to replace AES by organizing competitions for a brand new algo. See DES and SHA-1 for examples.

Now instead of the algo being backdoored which is silly as explained above, we can talk about hardware being backdoored, which is more likely. Intel ME comes to mind. CPU support for AES too. Unless the CPU makers release full specs and docs they AES black boxes can't be trusted not to steal the keys.

tl;dr: Proof is needed, you paranoid nigger, otherwise it's just scare mongering and pointless spam.

Why would they bother to backdoor AES when the hardware is backdoored? It'd be better for AES to be unbreakable so anyone not in control of the hardware is locked out while the NSA just hoovers up the keys.

this is the real issue. but there's no reason not to use the free crypto. it's still good against the greatest threat to your technology, the dindu. just layer the other shit on top of it.

Because we all know how honest and forthcoming the US Govt is with information pertaining to "matters of national security".
If lying about what encryption they're using to their staff means they can continue secretly leeching russian and chinese information goodies via some AES backdoor, you can be sure as hell they're going to do it.

I mean just look at Area 51. What other country in the world has a literal top secret tourist attraction where the government itself is literally going "We're totally not hiding aliens there guys ;))" when asked about it.

Snowden was a controlled leak, you know. He is not a hero but a fake.

I'd still like to know what the motive is here if that is the case.
Care to enlighten me?
I tend to believe he was legitimate, albeit naive.

Here is a proof he is a fake: cryptome.org/2013/11/snowden-tally.htm
He could not have retrieved this many documents at the time he worked there.

As for the motive? Well, they can control what and when gets released. People would have realized they're being spied on sooner or later, and there might have been an outrage then. So might as well tell them before. You know the boiling frog story...

Interesting. I'm still on the fence about this.
If I was to advance (or jump on-board) a theory, it'd be the "Snowden is a CIA asset meant to damage the NSA".
The only reason I'd suspect this was that NSA had windows (no pun) into most systems. And therefore the NSA likely would've had windows into the Pizzagate fiasco - which might be the reason for the Trump shit storm that's been happening the past year.

There's nothing at that link the proves or, indeed, even suggests that Snowden is a "fake". Whatever you mean by that.

The Cryptome folks (Young and Natsios) have been critical of the fact that the Snowden leaks have been released in dribs and drabs, a criticism which they repeat at the page you've linked. That may or may not be a fair criticism, but has nothing to do with whether he's a fake.

It's worth pointing out that Young and Natsios suffered galactic-level asshurt at the amount of media attention and plaudits that Snowden has received subsequent to his leaks, while they've been publishing leaks for decades and are relatively obscure. In whatever criticism they have to offer of Snowden (which isn't as fatal as you seem to suggest), there's more than a little jealousy involved.

I've listened to an interview some months ago that proved he could not have stolen so many documents. But I can't find it now.

A person who was an IT expert and given access to the NSA IT system is not capable of copying many files? You'll have to excuse me for a moment...

If you niggers (including OP) are in the mood for reading, here's what I found:

eprint.iacr.org/2011/710
eprint.iacr.org/2011/710.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard#Known_attacks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set

NiggerAmDisappoint.jpg
AES ain't broken yet so it's probably safe to use.

Look at it this way, every single practical encryption algorithm does not use a random key the size of the message because that would be impractical (though unbreakable). What is practical is not to have unbreakable crypto forever, but unbreakable just for as long as it's practical.

So you have little tricks like AES taking a key and inflating it into a pseudorandom stream the size of the message. Of course it's not unbreakable forever, because it's a trick. But it's unbreakable for just long enough to be practical. If you want to actually worry about something worry about this: will your ISP and govt preserve all your internet traffic long after you're dead? Will kids 500 years in the future look at these posts because they've been archived and connections decrypted so that they know "yeah that dumbass OP was my great great great grandpa". Be scared of infinite data storage.

Ever heard of double elliptic curve?

I know you don't know what you're talking about, because "double elliptic curve" is meaningless unless you're more specific. What you think you're talking about is Dual_EC_DRBG. That's not an encryption schema, but a PRNG, and therefore irrelevant. Please, go back to /g/.

encryption relies on the PSRN, if you know what value it will output, the time to solve could go from heat death, down to weeks.

What the fuck is a PSRN?

I'm with you on this, Holla Forums is shit; complaining isn't the way to solve it though. The problem is it's slow and nobody really makes threads about anything.
The solution would be making quality threads and suffering through the slowness of the board by having no one reply to them for like 5 days. Then just post yourself and keep making more threads. Rinse and repeat.
It's painful but it's the only solution. Stupidity isn't going to leave just because you call it out.
Sage for meta.

Seconded.
The opening post really reads like underhanded attempt to present a false consensus.

Funny you say that....

They're not seemingly replacing it, but from the amount of research going into post-quantum encryption methods which is oft funded by defence orientated stakeholders I'd say something is afoot.

This is half correct, but it's more nuanced than that. AES is sound in theory, not in practice. Most will use an implementation by cia niggers they don't understand and have no way of verifying outside of trusting cia niggers that it's good. That's one thing. Secondly, most will run the algorithm as well as the random number generator on inherently compromised platforms, like an intel or amd on something that has been connected to the internet, ever. All in all, yes AES is compromised, but not because theoretical AES in itself is compromised.

Also, for the side discussion, Snowden is obviously a shill. That just stands to reason, his cia nigger mug wouldn't be plastered on the TV if he wasn't, now would he?

The NSA paid RSA 10K for a backdoor to its 2FA ..shortly after this was exposed Art retired..now that's a fact.

10 million but rest is right

You just described common core.

So much garbage in one post, the post.

That's what all stream ciphers do retard. Are you implying that you can't make a provably secure cryptographic primitive?

You do realize that you can craft an encryption algorithm in such way that there exist a specific action you can perform on its output that can reveal its input? Put into it such step that appears to increase security or don't do anything particular about it, but enables some obscure attack to be carried out, by design?

I think you mean the implementation.

The development of quantum computing is what's afoot. There's nothing remotely secret or mysterious needed to explain why they're researching post-quantum cryptography.

Snowden was simply the face of whistleblowers for a while after verifying things that had been speculated and claimed for over a decade before. What he did wasn't like earth shattering or revolutionary but it made for a good news story for a while and got everyone up in arms over things that were basically already known but not in the common news cycle.

Implementation backdooring is nigger tier, it can always be done. Backdooring the algorithm itself mathematically makes it impossible to unfuck and guarantees that any and all implementations are vulnerable.

There's a difference between conjecture and hard facts. Snowden's whistleblowing changed the public knowledge of what specific PRISM programs that were happening. Before Snowden, this was all a matter of conjecture.

Snowden is a paranoid schizophrenic, everything he 'leaked' was created by him in powerpoint during his internship at NSA. It's literally all made up and in his head. The same as terry davis wold of glowing CIA niggers.

I heard all the best and brightest were leaving. That leaves you, I guess.

Check out how cheesed off this newfag is.

youtube.com/watch?v=1mRG2oAQhso