Best Video Game genre

What do you think is the best video game genre and why is it business simulators.

erotic visual novels

Quake. Practice for the revolution.

are there any decent business sims released in the last ~5 years?

Not that I know off. The old ones are amazing though.

Industrial giant 2 is on sale on steam, a developer got the rights and fixed all the compatibility issues, if you want to check it out.

I tried playing this a while back but after a while it just dragged on, the logistics made me crazy.

Morrowind, obviously

It could indeed benefit from some more advanced setting and automation.

Such as prizes that adjust themselves (if allowed) to the supply they have, or vehicles with multiple shedules that choose based on inputs etc.

Other than that, the logistics are the fun part.

Grand Strategy games

I just want these games to simulate the labor market too. There's no penalty to putting your factories in the middle of nowhere since they're magically filled with workers anyways.

These two are correct.

Grand strat. No contest.

But RTS and city building are also top-tier. Is there a better fullcommunism simulator than Banished?

RimWorld.

Banished is mediocre. You get to a point were it's boring and pointless.

C&C style RTS.

I like comfy RPGs personally. Though builders and (some) strategy games are also fun.

Why? It's like comparing novels or poetry to something like history books, and I don't see how map coloring sims which seem to have a foothold on the genre are the most worthwhile thing it could push out.

literally kil yourself manbabys

Most Cuhrazee games, for that level of gameplay depth and encouragement originality in play style..

This. Allthough, the genre seems dead.

This game was used by Harvard and Princeton in their business schools.

this

I loves like Zeus and Poseidon. (even Age of Mythology too)

Banished, Gnomoria, Dworf Fortress (although most of the time I have no idea what is going) are by far my favorites.

I love games*

I'm 2 dumb tbh

Novels aren't my thing tbh. I prefer to get my fiction from movies and vietnamese animated drawings.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love RPGs too, especially the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. I just don't find myself playing them as often as grand strategies

Factorio is the only answer.

Dwarf Fortress is pretty good if you like Banished.
If you can get over the massive clusterfuck of a UI

grand strat + rts + Tropico

What? Sure it gives a basic high school level understand but the abstractions get absurd like the 3x3 grid for all buildings with every function taking up the same space thus purchasing, labelling, storing and sales all take the same physical space in the 3x3 grid and the logic being a department store can't sell more then 4 commodities. These abstraction is what made me stop playing Capitalism 2.

rts games hands down

not a genre but minecraft with the terrafirmacraft mod installed. really nice, intense agrarianism simulator except with zombies n shit