What's our official position on Islam?

What's our official position on Islam?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijtihad
youtube.com/watch?v=xH3qA2bkQ5A
youtube.com/watch?v=KBgNeF6UQts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally who gives a shit about muslims as long as they're class conscious.

There, thread over.

Islam is a religion. Religions are interpreted. Most current interpretations of Islam are too conservative or political.

Dont know dont care revolution now

Sadly, Mohammud knew this, so he designed his religion to leave little ambiguity

And there we have it.

TIME FOR SKELETONS

True. Some people need to be more honest about that as well. But you shouldn't underestimate the mental gymnastics abilities of the faithful.

Ijtihad (Arabic: ‎‎ ijtihād, "diligence"[1]) in Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh) refers to the a decision-making made through personal effort of "independent reasoning" which is completely independent of any school (madhhab) of jurisprudence.

from
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijtihad

Unfortunately, this concept isn't very accepted in sunni Islam, which is a bummer

I don't think you know what that word means

Oh? It looked to me like he was

like all the Muslim nations that don't have these policies, and all the non-muslim nations that have ones just as shitty.

Islam is good to the extent that it can be used to destroy western civilization and capitalism.

Iran and Saudi Arabia are both the biggest Sunni and the biggest Shia nations

Which Islam are we talking about?

Iran is the biggest Sunni nation, and Saudi Arabia is the biggest Shia nation, so both

Iran is the biggest shia nation actually.

And Indonesia is the largest Sunni nation.

There is no "official position" because we're not a hive mind.

Now stop making these threads already.

What's the difference between banditry (theft) and stealing?

Or is it referring to kidnapping someone for ransom?

Banditry is stepping in front of a stagecoach with two flintlock pistols and saying "your money or your life."

Stealing is what normal people do.

the only wrong thing is stealing and banditry{theft}
Now days they get them in jail
And Adultery {if married} is the complex one but all sunnies are against it from pure "Taffsir " aka Islamic theology i bet you don't understand Arabic but if you do you can check those
youtube.com/watch?v=xH3qA2bkQ5A
youtube.com/watch?v=KBgNeF6UQts

everything else is right

Wrong
Al ijtihad is a sunni concept that acted long time ago until ibn tamia comes and fucks up the golden age and after his big fuck up comes abd al wahab and fucks it even more

Whabisism =/= sunnism

Nah i think like all religion it will go against communism in one way or another
We need either state atheism or secularism

/thread

I will never understand your position

The more I hear about it the more ISIS seems like the Muslim equivalent of Caesar's Legion

Islam is a religion of peace (cliche I know) the reason why Muslims are committing terrorist attacks is simply because of neoliberalism and Western foreign policy, before the West decided to slaughter Muslims, there was no such thing as an Islamic terrorist attack. America killed 1.2 million children through sanctions on Iraq alone. Osama admitted that this was the reason why he attacked us on 9/11.

The fact is the West deserves what it is getting. We spreed terror and violence and we get the same back.

Neoliberalism must be defeated if we are ever to defeat Islamic extremism.

Oh shit this pic is cool. Can you dump these somewhere?

The West has treated Africa far worse than the Middle East, yet we don't experience sub-Saharan Africans committing terrorism in revenge. It seems to me like the West's foreign policy can only be part of the story.

I really don't think that Islam is a religion of peace. It's a religion of imperialism and conquest, fundamentally. That's not to defend Christianity, but let's be honest: Mohammed was a warlord and Islam spread through a succession of caliphates (empires).

I believe that Islamic terrorism can only be explained when we consider the feeling that Muslims (or at least Arab Muslims) have that they ought to be running the world, that they wuz Sultans etc. and need to reclaim their ancestral birthright.

That's probably partly true but terrorism would still be nowhere near as bad and might not even exist without western imperialism, and that's the part of the equation we control.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

I don't have a lot. I think it's concept art or something.

Thanks bunkerbro, turns out it's a short film. I'll give it a watch later.

Opiate of the masses.

More like krokodil in this case.

Wrong interpretation of the quote buddy. Opiates, back in marx' time, were painkillers, not drugs.

Although an argument could be made that drugs are still pain killers, of course.

On top of a high building, for a short while, like everything left.

Comrade, are you some sort of Anarcho-Hoxhaist Hipster Anarchist or SocDem Pacifist?

The meaning is the one of being drugged, confused and losing will to fight. Not that different from modern-day. Sans addiction, probably.

I'm not scared of Islam.

i pick the 2nd

You Marxists can have them but dont whine when all the churches and mosques are on fire.

Pick one

absolute cancer that needs to be purged alongside the rest of religion.

Radical Islam is the only true revolutionary movement of the 20th century

Islam like all religions is shit, but legs be honest here, a random Muslim has much more to fear from the west than a westerner has to fear from Islam

Don't have one. We disagree with each other about things. It's fun, you should try it.
Meh. People can believe what they want. Those beliefs shouldn't affect how they're treated by the system. That means no polyp straw/boogeymen of child brides or slaps on the wrist for raep, and also no librul straw/boogeymen of 'muslim = turrist he did it obviously throw the book at him.'