Rep. Dana Rohrabacher Says Trump Admin Considering Him for Secretary of State

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher Says Trump Admin Considering Him for Secretary of State

One day after Thanksgiving, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher tweeted out news that he is being considered for the position of Secretary of State in President-elect Donald Trump’s Administration.

Rohrabacher previously served as a senior speech writer for seven years as well as special assistant to former President Ronald Reagan. He is a senior member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and serves as chairman of the subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats. He is also a member of the subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, and the Global Environment The California congressman was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1988 and is now serving his 13th term. He was a leading figure in the effort to boycott the 2008 Beijing, China Olympics on the basis of human rights violations, according to his website. The site also states, “As a senior member of the International Relations Committee, Rohrabacher led the effort to deny Most Favored Nation trading status to Communist China, citing the rogue nation’s dismal human rights record and opposition to democracy.”

In October Rohrabacher slammed Republicans who distanced themselves from Trump as “gutless,” then proclaimed, “We don’t have to just be concerned about saving House seats. We have to be concerned about saving the United States of America” according to the Orange County Register. Other names being tossed around as candidates for Secretary of State are former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani — a strong supporter of Trump during the election season — and failed 2008 and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who repeatedly and harshly assailed Trump as unfit for the presidency and attempted to recruit a third party opponent to him during the 2016 election season.

archive.fo/6VPNh

His immigration record looks pretty solid:
archive.fo/dUo50

He also believes voting in support of the 'Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002' was a mistake, supported the Russian annexation of Crimea, but still thinks bombing Serbia so the Kosovars could create their own permanent Muslim state in Europe was a good thing, so that's not so great.

archive.fo/lvLfd
archive.fo/pM7Cw

Considering the US foreign policy establishment is extremely shit, Rohrabacher would seem like an 'okay' choice for Secretary of State.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=beuCodiQ20A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ctrl+f on his wiki article and nothing about Israel, that's a good sign.

Into the trash he goes.

All things considered he seems better than most.

Has quickreply stopped working for anybody else?

Yeah, the site's fucking up again.

Sounds like a decent guy who won't be purged.

I'd rather have Michael Scheuer to be honest family.

Based solely on OP's post, this guy seems pretty good with the exception of
Is there anyone else rumored to be in the running as good as this guy?

We need him to be the head of the FBI to go after the bastards.

You aren't wrong… but everybody makes mistakes. Kosovo isn't and never should be considered a country however. At any rate, I'm still holding out hope for Tulsi Gabbard, she seems like a good pick both tactically (ie: I think she'd make a competent SoS) and strategically (ie: she'd make the left shit their drawers.)

No, obviously he's not full on Holla Forumsack but he's leagues ahead of the other cucks being floated around.

I think the point in the greentext is a terrible thing, but no, there's nobody else better. Unless there's somebody else we're not aware of

We already have Bosnia and Albania, mind you, it's not like some huge line was crossed.

And bombed serbroaches is always a good thing while we wait for based Croats to annex the Balkans.

ZA DOM SPREMNI!

His position on Ukraine is decent and would enflame the "everybody I don't like is a Russian propagandist" crowd

why do croshits say this? It's embarrassing and shit tier even for meme humor

It's kind of interesting that there's even an anti-immigration Republican in power in California. I guess Orange County really does have some people who get it

Wouldn't he be better in a position to affect or influence international policy and relations? FBI is supposed to be strictly domestic and in a Law Enforcement capacity. They don't have much pull on policy, but instead are sent where directed. Scheuer needs to be pissing in Trump's ear and shaping foreign policy.

As I understand it, Orange County is full of super-wealthy cuckservative types who don't want to lose their money or their badass geography to spics and welfare niggers, so they tend to be more right/republican than the rest of CA. But of course, that's like being the skinniest kid at fatcamp.

Nobody cares about his stance on an irrelevant Balko-Turkic backwater state

OC user here, it's a fucked hodge-podge of ridiculously rich white areas (republican), sort of rich white/gook areas (50-50 R/D), moderately wealthy white areas (republican), and various third world enclaves of gooks and spics (democrat obviously).

Because unlike in Shitbia it's normal to be fascist in Croatia. (Serbia's okay in my book but Balkan shitposting muss leben).

Semms like a decent salute to me, whats to complain about? Is Sieg Heil cringey too?

tbh lads

Rated -1 by AAI, indicating a mixed Arab/Palestine voting record.
Rohrabacher scores -1 by AAI on Arab-Israeli issues
The Arab American Institute has compiled a Scorecard to catalogue the voting record of the 112th Congress on issues of importance to the Arab American community. For the House, we included 15 items: two bills on the Arab Spring, five bills and one letter on Palestine, two bills on Lebanon, three bills and a letter regarding civil liberties, and two bills on immigration.

1.H.Res. 88 (+): supporting democratic aspirations in Egypt
2.H.R. 2643 (+): penalizing the Bahraini government for attacking medical personnel
3.H.R. 1006 (-): the Jerusalem Embassy and Recognition Act
4.H.R. 1501 (-): withholding US contributions until the UN retracts accusations of Israeli war crimes.
5.H.Res. 268 (-): opposing any unilateral declaration of a Palestinian state
6.H.R. 2457 (-): prohibiting any US government document from referring to "Palestine"
7.H.R. 2829 (-): defunding the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees. The bill's 141 co-sponsors receive a (-).
8.8. (+). Rep. David Price (D-NC) and Rep. Peter Welch (D-VT) issued a letter titled "Support Palestinian Aid and Israel's Security," in which they call upon Congress to continue aid to the Palestinian Authority.
9.H.R. 2215 (*) "to ensure that United States taxpayer dollars are not used to fund terrorist entities in Lebanon
10.H.R. 996 (+): to raise awareness of the use of cluster munitions where civilians are present
11.H.R. 140 (-): the "Birthright Citizenship Act, to eliminate "anchor babies" by changing the 14th Amendment.
12.H. Res. 283 (+): to counter violence and discrimination against Muslim, Arab, Sikh, and South Asian communities
13.H.R. 1805 (-): authorizing an extension of the USA PATRIOT Act until 2013, and amending the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA)
14.H.R. 1842 (+): the DREAM Act to protect undocumented minors pursuing higher education.
15.H.R. 1932 (-): the Keep our Communities Safe Act for greater power to detain undocumented immigrants.

> youtube.com/watch?v=beuCodiQ20A
REP. DANA ROHRABACHER DEFENDS ISRAEL ON HOUSE-FLOOR AGAINST FLOTILLA ACCUSATIONS

Sounds like a fucking cuck to me.

I'm tired of seeing this shilling constantly. OUT OUT OUT.

It's not shilling to want an non-interventionist as SoS.

A Neocohen's view on immigration is completely irrelevant if they want to crusade for Democracy in the middle east.

The closing of our borders is much more important than the bombing of a few sand niggers.

Indeed. Scheuer would be better for international stuff. I feel as if he may not be on Trump's radar due to being out of the limelight for a bit. We should pester Trump with this pick.

She deserves some bullshit useless position at most.

tbh that was one thing Israel did right, except they should have used live rounds on the hippies.

Tulsi Gabbard

She deserves to be tortured slowly to death.

The Secretary of State has nothing to do with immigration policy you retard.

I know that, and? Do you want to give government positions to traitors?