Libre Mascot General

For all freedom respecting mascot content.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/articles/texas.html
stallman.org/articles/made-for-you.html
my.mixtape.moe/katbzy.tar.bz
krita.org/en/about/kiki/
krita.org/en/item/interview-with-ito-ryou-ichi/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiki_the_Cyber_Squirrel#cite_note-7
hollaforums.com/thread/683113/technology/speaking-of-kiki.html
youtube.com/watch?v=muqVGa_g79w
my.mixtape.moe/hdvffo.tar.bz
docs.krita.org/List_of_Tablets_Supported
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's see how we do not that we're not tied to the LO happening.

Wouldn't mind seeing more Kiki from the drawfags, not that I mind all these Libs either.

I know Tyson's shit is going to get the most attention here, but lets not forget the classics.

No lewd libbie in op. Why?

The GNU in yellow?

Because they'd get censored.

Squirrels are basically rats

Goats are basically to sheep what niggers are to humans

Make way for best mascot:

I think you meant to say "drawfag attention dispenser general"

I don't think there's much doubt about that, user. This is basically the LO thread number 9, just with a new name.

We don't want to raise metafag's blood pressure any higher. We're concerned about his health.

Thing is, I think trap Konqi might be even more marketable than the standard (nearly) naked Konqi.

Oryx

If anything, opening these threads up to other mascots might make him even more salty.

Which are just giant, buff goats.

I've had this idea of making a picture of Kiki making a portrait of this particular GNU, but it never came out right.

I miss classic Kiki.

Anyone have the Libbie images Tyson took down?

This is one

I've never been attracted by the design of the GNU mascot seems not enough human-ish for my tastes.

We could always fix that~ That said, the GNU in yellow is supposed to be like an old guru or something. Not really someone you'd want to lewd.

I like the way it's drawn. Even if I don't like the basic design of the GNU.

that's what you think

I mean, GNUs are related to Oryxes....

Well I wasn't thinking about lewd and I'm aware that it's meant to be looking guru/wisdom like.
Making a mascot from a wildebeest is a quite difficult task to make it appealing.

I agree.

I'd say the yellow robbed GNU is as good a job as I could do. I mean, even Tyson doesn't think he can make a GNU cute and marketable.

Are those lights or speakers? Why is he wearing the headset backwards? what kind of music player had that many audio outs?

Close enough to breed?

There was some talk about Kiki's eyes in the last thread. It seems a lot of Tyson's more recent sketches have her with more normal ones.

Does David Revoy's shit count?

I'm not saying that it isn't good I'm saying that it's not in my range of taste and like said before making a mascot from a wildebeest is quite difficult.

Making a cute and marketable one like Kiki or Libbs would be pretty difficult. I mean, GNUs are to other antelope what moose are to other deer.

There really needs to be more r34 of Pepper&Carrot. That said, only the cat could really count as a mascot.

Is there any now?

No. And it's a fucking shame. David himself goes slightly lewd from time to time.

are those a mascot just because they look like gentooman?

So, can we finally get some Dashie OC?

Maybe Kiki and Libs arguing about something, or talking about something lewd without noticing she was there?

Gentoo's is a cow, isn't it?

I am noticing a SERIOUS dearth of Libbie in this thread... Fix this fags!

that's because I'm working so I can't draw
and do my attention whore act.

Where's the archive user? He could help.
forgot to spoiler the lewd

Like half the people here don't know exactly who that is.

The drawfag who made that got so flack, but I like it!

some*

The guy who's been collecting the Libbie OC and sending it to Tyson?

I think it looks good if you can ignore her skin is blue.

I just assumed that mean't that she was in a dimly lit room or something.

I'm glad Lia found someone to drive her back to Mr. WTFPL's place.

I still wouldn't mind seeing more Lib'quanda.

Tech needs more husky girls

I don't know of any husky mascots though. Wait, what kind of dog is the Mutt mascot supposed to be?

It doesn't help that the readers complain.

I imagine a more than a few of Davids readers are SJW fags who don't get that the French don't have the same hangups with lewds that we do.

Or lewding lolis for that matter. French cartoonists have always done shit like that.

Source? I figure David would have mentioned something like that.

Never forget

I think this GNU is basically RMS's fursona.

Nah, Stallman is a flowerfucker and /clang/iosperm.
stallman.org/articles/texas.html
stallman.org/articles/made-for-you.html

If only I had a mascot for my Pro-NN bot accounts.

Yes. We need more P&C. I even donate to David because he's a cool dude.

Glad to see you're enjoying Holla Forums, Mr. Soros! Any way I can help?

All I know is a single person got salty for an embarrassed and nearly naked Saffron in one of the chapters. No big deal.

Can we get a Christmas themed Kiki/Libbie OC? Bonus points for Dashie.

I feel for the Doc reading this. He seems like he's led a pretty lonely life.

He's had multiple girlfriends, for what it's worth.
He was going to name the GNU kernel after one of them as a romantic surprise.

Wasn't that the one he was in a love quadrangle with? They were involved with another couple or something...

The two girls got together with another guy and left RMS and the other one's husband in a lurch.

That was actually pretty smooth for a sperg luke RMS.

like RMS*

That only ever ends one of two ways.

Threesome or breakup, right?

I was thinking of maybe whipping up a bunch of really simple animations and make it into a barebones platforming game real quick, but then I realized the amount of animation would be way too much, and it's gonna suck unless it's made with bones and whatnot, which I cannot into. So I'm just gonna do one short shooting a magic bolt animation, probably just sketch of it. You think the headphones should stay? They were kinda just an ad-hoc addition for that animation.

I was going to say paying two women for alimony or death.

as that user said I tried Fedora in order to see if it recognizes
my wacom Cintiq out of the box

and yes it does. in gnome3 and cinnamon works fine
and KDEplasma shows it as fucking joystick again

however for some reason even if boot the same version again.
my 2 monitors appears both as out of range. (both or only one. randomly )

what the fug?

man, this is good writing but man that was autistic. i was expecting a twist at the end but this is some fan fiction shit.

Fedora Gnome uses Wayland by default. You'll still need to use X11 to get full functionality with you Wacom tablet. All you should have to do is log out with and select 'Gnome x11' on the little gear in GDM and log back in.

Funnily enough, Tyson would be the best one to ask about this since Gnome is his main DE.

another reminder that its not blue skin it's ambient light. Kiki is the same "blue" in this wallpaper but I dont hear anyone bitching about it, the hypocritical faggotry about worshiping tysontan should end.

No.

this threads pretty shit, as expected because all generals are.

The only way to unshit this thread is more Kiki and Libbie.

David Revoy is actually even more prolific in F/OSS circles than Tyson, but only the orange cat really counts as a mascot.

orangefag cat isnt a mascot, its just his avatar. its not software. I dont care about some faggots avatar just because he uses FOSS software to make his comic.

Most of us do like Tyson, especially after that letter, but "worship" is a bit strong. In just the last couple threads there was mention of his need to improve in the areas of aspect and emotional range in his art. Some good examples of where his weaknesses showed themselves are his early drawings for FP2.

Not to mention that we went over how he has made Kiki WAY too robotic in her last couple incarnations.

To be fair, he also provides sources and contributes to F/OSS in the form of patches and a cut of everything he makes from Pepper&Carrot merch.

Yeah which was by me. Holla Forums treats his work like its fucking gold. and that kinda shit goes unnoticed until Ive brought it up, so try again.
If tysontan draws kiki with blue ambient light, then it's OK. If a random user draws Libbie with blue ambient light then its "the colorings a mess". Dont try to tell me there isnt hypocritical worship.

This thread is shit due mostly to a distinct lack of drawfags.

Holla Forums doesn't even know what ambient light is.
why bother.

I think part of the problem was that there was less context in the next image. If she were in a room like the image I posted of Libs and her drinking companion, I don't think there would have been any confusion. That said, it souldn't have been that hard to tell it was lighting, I agree.

I think it would be more accurate to say there is worship of the characters he has produced than the man himself. Tyson actually didn't have a good reputation here until the LO shit storm and that thank you email to Dolus.

Trips confirm that shit. Good thing he's going back to meaty Kiki.

We were actually talking about how shit he was at profiles in thread 3.

I'll be posting the current archives later tonight. Not a ton has changed, but still worth keeping updated.

I made the white mage and pixel rain Libbie. Generals were a mistake. Libbie threads already fill up fast, this general shit just creates bloat.

What? Tysontan always had lots of support from Holla Forums anons here knew more about his inner circle life than I did and I consider myself a fan when he doesnt overdesign his stuff.

This is already turning into another Libbie thread, so...

Me too. Personally, I preferred Kiki 3.0 to everything that came later, but you and I both know that Tyson got shit here for being a trap loving furfag. We overlook that more now because he opened up to us in that letter. He's a fag, but now we know he's our kind of fag.

Thread seems to be getting back on track after starting off on a tangent, user.

I think I mixed that one, could you post it here?

missed*

That white mage Libs was good shit, user. Got a lot of love when Tyson retweeted it too.

its already been posted. and then theres the pink sunset variant. Thanks to the archive user I still have at least that, just not the original PSDs so I cant make it any bigger. Because my hard drive was nuked by a virus and I wasnt able to do any art on Photoshop (which those oc were made with) for at least a week while I fixed it.

If this thread doen't work out we can always just open a dedicated one next time. But like user said, things seem to be getting back on track.

Actually nevermind, I gave it a go and I couldn't even draw a fucking sketch.

Glad to be of service. I don't suppose sometime before the good rabbis birth day you could whip up something yule themed for the archive? Doesn't have to be anything as elaborate as the others.

Doesn't look too bad to me, user.

Last thread there was mention of replacing the PNG files in Retux or Supertux with Libs or Kiki. It'd be simple, but tedious.

I'd actually like to see this sketch finished. There are still some gaps in Libs reaction portfolio, and this happens to be one of them.

I think they fit your style pretty well, user.

I just had an HDD fail on me and lost hundreds of blend files. I feel you pain, user.

I would have already had some oc for that. i would have already had distro themed Libbie desktop oc. I'm back to square one on most things, but I still maybe plan on something no promises though.

Well, promises or no, I'll be keeping an eye out. You did some amazing work with those three pieces, user.

fuck that i'd rather the second option

That's petty much a given.

Here is the current image archive. The only new video was the one with the headset that someone already posted here, so unless there is a request, I'll hold off on

posting it. my.mixtape.moe/katbzy.tar.bz

Getting the scale right is the biggest problem I see with that. That Tux (while cute) is pretty tiny.

It'd kill me to lose all that work because of fucking malware. Hope it you never have to go through that shit again.

Did Tyson ever confirm that Libbie was a bot too?

Well she's a cyber oryx so it's possible.

I think the headphones depend on the context. If she's at a computer, or listening to music, they make sense. Otherwise, they're just pointless decoration.

Riiight. I forgot they cyber bit. So she's another of his 'meaty' androids.

Have an order of Pizza, Cheese with Libbie Sauce.
why does everyone think I'm a corporate shill?
I'm just supporting NN

Lewd.

One thing I wish Tyson would try is more subtle colors. I get that a rainbow explosion makes sense for Krita, but does Kiki always have to be portrayed that way?

stuff like her hair doesnt seem to be physically possible so i think shes more of a cyberspace-being instead of an android.

If her hair is made from some kind of fiber optic material, that might explain the ability to change the color on the fly.

I think Libs hair basically works the same as pick related's

Only one color at a time, I guess.

ignoring all of generic furry hair that the sai user does, looking at its not just color changing but behaves in hard polygonal angles and kind of floats in layers, instead of drooping like normal hair would. neo-libbie's hair is effected by gravity and flows' but still doesnt have any hair break aways like normal hair.

neo-Libbie?¡

To be fair, that image was kinda between the original paper-craft style and what Tyson considered her 'true' form at the time.

Either talking about or pick related

God, I wish Tyson had finished this.

MATH LIBBIE IS A NIGGER
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Shots fired~

I wonder if Tyson did that deliberately... Asians can be downright Holla Forumsish at times.

newfag.

both of these have the hair as big shapes, not generic anime hair slapped on a furry. its one of the more unique aspects of Libbie that's been prevalent through all of Tysons art of Libbie from day 1.

It's called maff, nigguh

It was reworked into the white mage libs, yeah. But while that is a VERY nice bit of work, it's not what the image was originally going to be like.

We invented maff. Juss look at them pyramids. You white devils were living in caves when we wuz travilin' across the stars inem.

To me, it just looks like she has two layers of (highly stylized) hair.

Let's be fair to SA (wherever the fuck he wondered off to) he got her hair about right with the Naga piece. Balanced with the less angular style, at least.

it wasnt "going to be" anything since it was just a scribble. tyson does does of that kinda stuff, and didnt even last past a few days without going deleted on his twitter. this isnt like pic related when Tyson started to work on the next krita splash which kiki keeps getting more sexualized as the versions go up.

Nope. still too floppy and makes me think of crinkled tinfoil. is more like her actual hair designs.

Tyson has actually said he's going to dial the lewdness way back. I suspect so he doesn't lose his gig with Galaxy Trail.

I-is her skirt flying up?

I thought he was just getting paranoid?

At least sai user doesn't try to draw them in a more 'conventional' furry style.

This doesn't even look like a squirrel...

yes but looks like shes wearing spats.

when tyson keeps drawing kiki lewder its not just paranoia. the new stuff also has the most skin kiki's ever shown off with a more adult shaped body. this isnt the innocent chibi kiki from v3 anymore

I don't think v3
was a chibbi. I think you're thinking of v2.

I mean't Tyson was deleting shit because he was getting paranoid KDE would drop his mascots and GT would do him like they did Gashi.

isnt v3. thats just some pic he drew to try to do a 3d printed model and ended up going overboard. this is v3's splash but shes cute in v2 as well.

I think the mix up is because the white Kiki dancing in cum was for Krita 3.0, but wasn't actually the third version of Kiki.

The pic he drew to become the model came later though.

No. look for yourself. krita.org/en/about/kiki/
That dancing pic was never an official one made for Krita, just one of TysonTan's offside sketches because he likes to draw Kiki, and experiments like trap-kiki that Krita wont ever actually use.

Anons here and on Holla Forums keep saying Gashi got screwed, but I've never seen any sources on that.

Personally, I think everything after Kiki 1 was a downgrade.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a Krtia icon featuring current Kiki?

I wouldn't mind Kiki going back to something younger looking, just as long as she's less robotic.

The current Kiki is a tad elaborate for an icon. isn't she?

what even is this? looks like some pokeblob hybrid with icecat mistake

thats not the current kiki. its just a kiki tysontan made in his electric hearts style. its completely unofficial and tysontan did it on his own. krita.org/en/item/interview-with-ito-ryou-ichi/

That is the original Kiki icon for Krita. Dunno what to call her since Kiki 0 is already taken.

And again those eyes prove to be an unnecessary stumbling block.

I know, that's why I've asked

i can tell its for krita, but what is it? all i can see is vague head with ears, no nose and a blob torso. its something id expect out of pokemon like a latias or celebi.

A squirrel made out of paint, from the look of it.

I kinda feel for Tyson. He obviously likes doing lewds, but feels like he'll loose credibility and respect in the OSS community if he does.

Just look at the current splash screen for Krita. it's this one.

i guess now that you pointed it out its easier to see. Didnt think krita was always squirrel themed but it would be interesting to see something like that. Still weird how it has no features or limbs but at least the ears are actually squirrel ears instead of the hair-bun missile looking ones tyson came up with.

I think those are just supposed to be hairbuns and not her ear. Her ears would be covered by the hair helmet most versions of her have.

Honestly, her buds could be anything you'd want them to be. From batteries to missiles. It never actually occurred to me that they're ears.

you are deep in denial.

Didn't take a close look at the middle pic. I guess I kinda see it now. I still say they look more like weapons.

I'm literally going to marry Kiki!

I want an icon for the program itself, to have Kiki on my taskbar. I guess I'll have to cut one myself.

Well, it is legal now...

This thread is surprisingly vibrant, given the utter lack of drawfags.

Mine's this though

Uh-oh... Maybe TT wasn't being paranoid after all.

Is there anybody that actually uses Gentoo for drawing? I often see drawfags that use some other OS that just werks.

The few highly talented drawfags using Linux tend to stick to Ubuntu and/or Arch derived distros, I've noticed.

black libbie is best libbie

Stick to arch and debian based.

Thanks for reposting this.

this looks like a toucan

weird. I updated to the last version and yes. the splash changed.
but not in the about section.

anyway it seems it can be a problem with this:

I'm not against not having a tyson's kiki in the spash.
but different characters feels wrong

I wanna riot

It's easonal change I think. Splash becomes snowy around winter. Try changing your clock to test this theory.

REMOVE KEBAB
you are the worst albanian, you are the albanian idiot you are the albanian smeell. albania genocide best day of my life.russia+usa+croatia+slovak=kill albania

It works

I think I'm just about done drawing Libbie. The sense of novelty wore off and it's not fun anymore. now i remember why i'd quit drawing back then So I'm back to sporadically drawing memes I guess.

Not sure if this was ever pointed out before (probably has), but Cloud cameo?

fixed

Appreciate your contributions, user.

It's in the archive. Might want to check if you're missing anything else.

You going to post the rest of that picture, user?

Black Libbie is thicc-est Libbie* (In both senses of the word).

If the OC peters out before Christmas, I'll go ahead and send him the archive early (it's not like they celebrate this shit in China, anyway). But I hope we can get the autism flowing again.

This MAY be part of the reason why Tyson was getting paranoid. Could you imagine the autistic shit storm that would start here if they dropped Kiki as the Krita mascot? It would fucking dwarf the one that LO had to deal with.

Gonna need to see the rest of that user, for reasons.

Adding the open source symbol was an interesting Idea. I'd say the free culture one would be more fitting for Libs, but then I had a look at it... You made the better call.

Two things hurt the momentum:

1) Lack of new OC
2) Lack of focus for the first 70+ posts

We can get things going again, but the thread is going to have to stay on track.

CUTE!

nice. I like the sharp coloring.

there's no more sorry.

I don't think that's possible at this point since krita means squirrel in albanian
or Ardilla in spanish... whatever.

the thing is
if lewds are the problem. they can fire tyson. but that doesn't mean lewds are going to stop. I mean I can personally lewd that girl and the cat in no time if needed.

I would very much like to see this... But not WITH the cat, just have it playing with Kiki or Libbs in the other room.

I doubt the Krita or KDE projects care if WE lewd Kiki. But Tyson doing it might be a different matter.

Yes please~

That's a shame. You're style lends itself well to reactions.

More likely, if they had a problem with Tyson for whatever reason, they'd just use another artist for official stuff. They've already had David Revoy draw her a few times, actually.

Didn't mean to post the first image twice*

And as much as I like David's stuff and the work he does, I don't wanna see Tyson get curbed for being a little to daring with what he posts on Twitter.

This is cute! Kiki is best when she has a child-like quality about her.

I said if necessary which it means to lewd anything that replaces kiki. (something that I don't think would happen.)
anyway they are not mascots so to start with.

the only problem here is Tyson doing "official" lewd kiki.
not being able to draw lewd kiki is the price he has to pay
for being the designer and the actual official artist for her.

user, bless you and your way with lewds.

That may be true, but he seems to think making lewds at all is a problem.

I wonder how many times this actually happens.

I seriously doubt the Krita guys are the ones that got Tyson Spooked. Again, I have to say that I STRONGLY suspect it was Strife from the FP2 devs.

Reminder: Tyson is a good boi

The Pepper & Carrot comic is pretty charming, but Revoy NEEDS to find a native English speaker to help with the translation.

Dubs confirm. Strife was the fag who made Gashi's increased lewdness an issue before FP2 started development.

This may not be a popular opinion here, but I prefer Tyson's cutes to his lewds.

And now I know why people here bitch about the GIMP so much. Who the fuck came up with that UI? Krita and Mypaint are at least sane in that area.

Is that the OSI logo?

Seems to be. I suppose it's more fitting than the LO one now. But really, Libbs is more Free Culture than Free Software related now.

Fixed

There's a free culture logo too.

Maybe make the smooch trap smaller...

But would it look good on Libbs? I don't really think so. Maybe a CC0 in place of the open source logo would make sense.

Pepper and Carrot aren't for sexual!

Would be neat to see mage Libs casting a spell that looked like this.

The news about Disney and Fox has renewed me interest in this topic. Anything else worth reading besides pic related?

that's just an opinion.
and doesn't overlap rule34.

anyway
I don't think is a lie that this thread has a the problem with the lack of content.
being slow doesn't help if only way to make it faster is having me or someone
else as an attention whore with new drawings.

the other problem is that I've been drawing too much animals these days.

I think you might be even better at lewding Kiki than Libbs, sai user.

And now I have a new fetish...

Holy fuck, yes. Please finish these.

Getting too much of the wrong kind of attention, user?

Before the LO happening, Holla Forums was basically a dead board. Even this thread is moving faster than pretty much everything else here. I think the bigger problem is the anons didn't get the message that this was just the old LibreOffice thread under a new name to shutup the spergs that were bitching about the LO drama being over.

You really do like flat, user.

Dead besides the occasional drama and Krita thread. Anyone who ever went to either of these could have told you why these threads took off the way they did.

That squirrel is going to be the death of Holla Forums.

I expected this thead to be slower than the last simply because of the change of focus. This is still mainly for OC involving Tyson's mascots, but to still the autistic screeches that were building up I made it into the LMG; I though opening up the thread to other mascots would be a concession we'd have to make eventually anyway, but I'm starting to think I was wrong. The thread started very unfocused and we've been trying to get back on track ever since. Lessons learned and all that.

kiki was always a loli, not so much with forcing libbie to be one. so its easier to just draw whats already there than have to come up with what libbie might look like.

nobody said libbie couldnt be flat. but sai user is just a lolicon, pretty obvious by now.

I think with this pic alone, you've doubled the amount of Kiki lewds. Seriously, why are there so few of these?

Sai user mentioned that doing flat Libbs didn't make as much sense now that he usually throws Kiki into the mix.

It's not all that hard with Libbie since she was basically in chibi form to begin with.

which is a copout. he was doing loli libbie until anons asked him to stop and do more adult. he mentioned that he didnt enjoy doing adult big breasted libbie and how he thinks of kiki as a fleshlight.

libbie in chibi form had polygonal curves and still didnt look like a loli.

So, basically like half the anons who post in the Krita threads? He's good at lewding her and getting better; that's really all I care about, to be honest.

I don't recall anyone ever telling him to stop making flat Libbs, but wherever he got the idea, he shouldn't feel like he has to make Libbs with huge knockers if he doesn't want to.

Are you saying that's a bad thing?

Holy dubs of truth.

Come to think of it, what license is Kiki under?

Seems the white Kiki was for a pose study.

Did you know that we're cited on Wikipedia's page about Kiki?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiki_the_Cyber_Squirrel#cite_note-7
hollaforums.com/thread/683113/technology/speaking-of-kiki.html

What the fuck is this? I remember that thread. Why are random names attached to the anons?

Take a bow Dolus.

It scrapes content to pretend to be its own site for shady reasons. There's a site just like it that scrapes from 4chan.
It's the most reliable Holla Forums archive there is.

Isn't it just malvertising? I don't think there's anything more sinister to it than that.

I remember that thread, and I remember that exact Kiki fanart that basically killed the thread. Western furfags are going to ruin Tyson.

Gonna post it?

They replace every mention of Holla Forums or Holla Forums with their fake site's name. Wew~

I draw flat. i'm a lolicon
I draw thicc. I'm a fat lover
I draw animals I'm a furry.

come on.

but seriously. too many animals.
and afaik I'm not getting any "different"
attention because of this.

is there any other mascot that's not an animol?

VLC's mascot is a traffic cone

There's the Ren'Py mascot.

But you're good at them...

meant for

Been happening for decades. Same thing happened with Eric Schwartz's Amy the Squirrel -- when Gateway bought-up the Commodore remains, they approached EWS about using Amy as a community mascot of sorts.

Got dropped because of the 'spooge' art that EWS and others had drawn.

I keep forgetting about her.

The piece of art I'm talking about was basically a neon colored rat in a suggestive position. It was basically the worst kind of furfaggotry imaginable.

I like this idea, user.

I always wondered why Ren'Py's mascot didn't get more attention.

Eileen technically the mascot, but I'm not sure most people would recognize her without the snek.

The Python is the mascot of Pygame, which Ren'Py was originally a fork of. He's just there as a homage.

Y'all fuck off! She's too pure too lewd.

requesting lewds of eileen and snek

She isn't even wearing panties.

If you wan't to take a break from Libbs and Kiki (pls don't) Eileen is really the only lewd-able non-furry mascot I can think of.

Loli Eileen

I've noticed that on gnu social a lot of them let you down if you show your power level even a little bit.
Imo I don't think you lose actual credibility I think that it even ads more to you since it shows that you're just human and like everyone you wanna fork.

If you're on the wrong node, sure. Get on one of the lewd-friendly ones.

Added to the lewd archive.

Cute!

You've made a lot of good shit for us, sai user. Don't feel pressed.

I actually think awkward pickup lines kinda suit Libbs. Can't say why though.

chibis yay

wew

Do you have any idea how many lewd games have been made with her?

One word

I mean, she IS CC0.

I can see Libbs doing nudes, but she's a tad too classy for selling herself on the street.

Just one short trip to Mr. WTFPL and nothing's too classy for you.

Now LIA I could see doing that sort of thing.

Seeing Libbs being posted in Holla Forums now. Feels kinds weird, but I guess I'll take it as a good sign.

HAHA PSYCHE IT'S STILL FUN AS SHIT

man. this style of coloring looks so simple
but is so complicated to replicate.

fuck.

That GNU reminds me a tad of pic related

oh no!!1!1

Wanaca has a major problem with sameface, but her style is still delicious.

Well, GNUs ARE antelopes too. I guess it's technically not heresy.

One of the drawfags, I presume? Wanaca has been at this for ages. Just look up Demon Master Chris.

That libbs looks like she could kick a truck over.

it's literally deviant art tutorial tier. you can find thousands of cell shading tutorials that will teach you this shit.

Can we get a libbs in a lewd chinese dress?

Wouldn't mind seeing that either, to be honest.

Iron King and Queen reference?

I actually think Oryxes are about the same size as GNUs.

I was wrong. That's still a pretty fucking big goat though.

Plot twist: it's an antelope

I know. But it looks like a giant buff goat.

Golly!

For all this talk of how slow the thread is, at this rate, we'll probably hit the bump limit tomorrow.

Go watch Jojo's Bizzare Adventure animu. Or read mango by the same name.

do it.

show me is that easy.

I wouldn't mind seeing Libbs in Wanaca's style. She hasn't taken commissions in months.

and?

And we need more OC of her curvy ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=muqVGa_g79w

Apply yourself. If you think that these are any different then youre being a tard, the reason Wanacas cell shading looks good is because she knows where to put the shadows and highlights to look appealing via a good enough grasp on anatomy forms, texture folds and occlusion. but the technique itself is piss easy and never changes.
Wanaca doesnt even do anything remotely advanced with gradients, there's way more impressive shit even on Deviant Art tier tutorials. has the same level of cell shading, the only difference is it's a low effort chibi drawing and not one you put on a pedestal. If you cant be objective and just fangirl like a fag then you wont be able to deconstruct and copy the style thinking its some unachievable result. Basically the only thing else that Wanaca does that I didnt mention is the soft pink blush tossed around the highlights to make the skin look alive with subsurface scattering, but it's so basic its probably part of the flats layer.

I think you should demo this in lewd form. Might help.

That shit ain't subsurface scattering, it's just a nip meme effect, same as eyes visible form underneath the hair. Subsurface scattering is when light bleeds into shadows in the skin.

(you)

if lewd is all you want then already did it. remember how the first time it was posted before the edits it had red parts around the highlights as well because the user tried to copy the look verbatim but it looked like she was shedding her skin because it wasnt the right color for it.

Yes he suck and he knows it
He's even pointing to some cellshading that's totaly different from wanaka's
There's a lot of different things going there.

I hate it when the drawfags start snapping at each other...

but thats wrong, look at this hand with a bright light on it. SS is on both sides you can see the hand has more of pinkish glow around the highlight spot even when the light is infront. subsurface scattering applies to anything transluscent and skin isnt completely opaque. thats where the nip-meme comes from and adding some redness used in making skin look good in all sorts of examples east or west, otherwise the skin looks very plastic-y

The pinkish spot is in the shade, dummy. It's not visible in the highlight because it's much dimmer than the highlight.

Also the subsurface scattering goes across the whole surface, not just sits around specular reflections.

so youre blind and cant see the obvious pink in around highlight thats visible even in the thumbnail. how sad. we are talking about the cellshading application of it, you know what else doesnt sit in one spot? highlights dont become hotspots in real life like in anime unless it's wet or oily.

Luckily we have computer graphics these days and I can simply show you an image with this effect enabled and disabled side by side, so that it's obvious that your statement wasn't correct and that you can't weasel out of it.

you really are fucking retarded. do i need to eyedrop this for you nigger? Do you understand the first thing about stylization comes from reality? Clearly you dont you just think the nips and everyone else made it up.

still not a single proof of him being able to draw. now I think he's a 3d model faggot who can't even do illumination by himself.

well now we need muscle libbie lewds

What is the song in this video? I'm really digging it.

It originally had a filename which contained song title. I don't know for whatever reason he didn't keep it.
ko0x - sunlight feels right

At that point it's like saying that shadman's shitty art is a stylization, not him failing to understand how light, perspective and anatomy works.
Top quality argumentation. Back to cuckchan with you.

See, this is why I don't like when you drawfags start in at each other, it kills the OC. How about posting some of your own shit to demonstrate what you're talking about?

Alright, we should hit the autosage today. I feel like we got off track with this tread. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Picked up the album from bandcamp, thanks user!

What is the point of putting your name on your work if it's totally illegible?

urghh

Because

So this is /furtech/ thread, ehh?

ha ha no I'm not a furry what are you talking about ha ha

Sure thing Phil

Holla Forums has always had a thing for Tyson's mascots. You know how every Krita thread turns out.

Neet Libbs is best Libb.

S-she'd never do that!

It's a bit more complicated than that. Tyson's stuff is simply less offensive to the senses than most other furshit. Just compare his version of Kiki to some (hideous) fan art a western furfag made of her. We NEED a different word for these two things, because they ARE different.

Thanks for the contrabution, drawfag! This has bee added to the archive~

Should have added "legitimate work only" or something along those lines.

This sounds a lot like the whole "kemono vs. furry" debate

Why is Kiki such a bitch? They're family.

I do think there is a difference. One is basically a person with animal features and the other is a neon colored rat.

Dub dubs makes a point. Kiki is too pure heated to ever do that. She might make Libbs do all the chores though.

Fuck you.

Oh, there is a difference. But most people will call it furry regardless. Just like with kemono

Which is partly because there has only been the one word for both for as long as a lot of people on the internet can remember.

A few anons on Holla Forums seem to think the Libbie posts on Holla Forums we're seeing now has something to do with a shill campaign. It's amazing how paranoid those guys can be sometimes.

It means it worked.

Are there any japfags here? I plan to caption it with リパ and 「オペン ソース」 would that be right?

I'll ask the japfag from a few threads ago.

I meant リビ

What thread?

I don't see many nips using the style of image 2.

Pretty sure it's the one talking about shilling happening on Holla Forums.

Well it's pretty much a Warner Brothers style, so yeah it would make sense that nips wouldn't use it, not many people outside of US use it. That particular drawing is complete shit regardless, that has little to do with style. If it was drawn as kemono it would've still looked like shit.

Anyway the idea is that on the west a common way to draw furries is realistically, with realistic heads, with varying degrees of cartoonification. Japs on the other hand do slightly animalized moeblob animu human drawings. Sometimes they aren't animalized at all, just animal features duct taped to an otherwise ordinary human.
>TWO SETS OF EARS
that shit got to be the worst.

Tyson seems to be in the middle of that. But throws robotic elements into the mix. Overall though, I can't bring myself to hate his stuff. It's just cute.

Let's not pretend that that pic is an anomaly. And I never said that Nips are perfect. They've been going down a different annoying trend over the course of the past decade.

Side mouth is animators' invention, that way profile shots are cheaper to animate since you only need mouth piece to be moving, not the whole face piece. Same reason why exagerrated reactions have simply mouth open to the edge of the face, without the jaw moving. A lot of higher budget anime opts in for realistic mouths on side shots.

and? are you saying there hasnt already been a case of eastern style oc that looks like shit? At least the WB style furfag knows how perspective on a face works.

I already know about that from east vs west animation standards fluidity vs detail, I enjoy good nip shit like Sudio Ghibli who puts in a lot of attention to detail, just like I can enjoy Disney's or MGMs animations which Anime wouldnt exist without their influence.

I want to eat that backside

Also note poor anatomy in the ass region and tail starting before the spine ends.

I Think part of the problem is that sai user was having trouble deciding where the tail was going to come out. It it comes out the same place our tailbones end, it makes pantie shots a lot harder.

Somebodies a little salty at sai user... But lets be fair, for quick and dirty, it's not bad.

We all do. Welcome to Holla Forums.

Tail usually just goes through them, or indents at them.

I think I just learned a new way to deflect criticism: just call them salty. I mean really, they're just jealous of my 1337 skills, is all, it can't be that I've fucked up something.

yeah nah you are a faggot. it looks like shit, this is what happens when all you do is study from 2nd rate anime sources instead of high quality ones or from life.

We're reaching bump limit anyway, so I guess it's the perfect time fore a derail...

Nobody ever fucking said that the east was perfect. I said their furshit was usually way less gross looking than a lot of the western furshit. And it's the fucking truth. With shit that looks like the second pic posted, it's no wonder anthropomorphic characters have gotten such a negative reputation. This is one place where the western artists have gone off the fucking tracks.

Still on the fence about including this in the archive. I removed it from the first one I sent him, but...

Might want to remove the direct reference to Holla Forums.

Does Libbie only have four fingers?

I dunno, that type of furshit seems to be a very rare exception. I mean just go browse /fur/, chances are you won't find any. Then again you probably won't find kemono either.

No, it's an artifact of a super-shit sketch. See

/fur/ is a different kind of autism but you still find shit like that, a more accurate example would be e621 or some other repository of furfaggotry where you definitely find shit like that commonly.

I dunno how personally Tyson would take this, tbh.

He'll be fine. Any half-assed artist is perfectly aware of all the corners they've cut.

delusional. the mark of a good artist is fixing the stuff that looks like shit along the way, did they fix anything it on their own? no. so they dont have a good enough eye to spot when it looks like shit, because all they have done is spent time to be a copycat of low budget anime, ergo they arent a good artist even when its "finished".

Nigger we all know this. Perfection is a pretty high bar and sometimes you have to cut some corners. There's a certain point at which it's "good enough" and you move on to the next thing that needs doing. And staring at your own shit, especially for prolonged periods, creates positive feedback loop in the brain whereupon you can't tell if there's anything wrong with it, even if it's pretty obvious to someone else. More often than not you just have to go by the general feel and references and hope your own perception doesn't fucks you over. That said, if you draw digital there's no excuse not to dick around with transform tools and extra layers while sketching.

Thats what mirroring and taking breaks is for, as any good artist will tell you.

Well, he was asking about Tyson.

That means "half assed and above".

This will never get old

It's not new? I thought sai user made it?

Aaaaand, that's bump limit. I'll be keeping an eye out for new OC, but things seem to have slown way-way down on that front.

Sheep are the dumbest animals in existence. A flashlight is enough to spook them into stampeding.

t. farmfag

Goats are even worse though. They will literally eat metal out of boredom.

Libby → リビー
Open Source → オープンソース

Why is it extended E though?

Given we're transliterating a non-Japanese name, there's no set right/wrong, but "Libby" ends with double consonant + Y, which usually gets lengthened (see "happy" → “ハッピー“)

One more thing I guess, プ sounds like "pu", not "pe"? Is it jap spelling or something?

Katakana English deviates from actual English pronunciation in a lot of counterintuitive ways (part of the reason listening to Native speakers is so hard for nips). オープン is a fixed form of "open", its in dictionaries, and regardless of sound "オペン" simply carries no meaning.

Oh I see, thanks.

Why is Kiki and Libbie art is so fascinating Holla Forums ?
i am not a furry, it just look good ok

user, please dont do this.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Looks like Pepper and Carrot got a new chapter.

And some new paps

Think this should go in the sfw or nsfw section of the archive?

Because, unlike other furshit, Kiki and Libbs are cute first and lewd second.

Did I fuck up again?

Looks a bit like she has paws, but that's cute~

Added to the archive. Thanks, user.

Yes. its cleaner but still fucked. You arent really attempting to follow the old sketch in a lot of ways and it's not better for it. For instance, your version has no forearms and shes staring off into space.

I do like the child-like quality of it, personally. Though there are some things to address.

Jesus lol, if you're that insistent I'll just quit, whatever man.

I like it. I'd love to see more.
That doesn't mean that the criticism is invalid, but don't let it discourage you.

Fuck you.

Why are you keep baiting for pity replies? Does that makes your dick hard or something? You almost sound like a deviantart hubris-swallowed faggot except they'd insist that everyone else would quit. It's normal for an artist to fuck things up, ask any of us. But also any of us can learn from mistakes and being able to take criticism, however shitty it is you got a pretty comprehensive list of things to fix btw, most of the time people just get "wow what a pile of shit", is deciding factor in being able to correct for things you didn't thought were wrong. And if you thought you're gonna get headpats for your efforts, you've joined the wrong community. Not that I know of any community where that would happen, though.

>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/twitter/
>>>/furaffinity/
>>>/suicide/

Literally none of the criticism so far has been valid, I wasn't tracing a fucking sketch I was taking inspiration from the pose. The sketch itself is anatomically incorrect, makes her face look fat as fuck, and is super fucking lazy. In my version I removed the forearms to make it seem like they are hidden by the hair and the angle. I imagined her looking at a computer screen (thus the chair) rather than the viewer, but your autistic vision thinks shes staring off into space? What the fuck. My previous attempt got shut down as well so, yes, following my own suicidal nihilistic tendencies I added a pitiful question to the post. Big fucking deal.
that person said it after they said
So how about you go back to 4chan and suck more dick like the faggot you are.
Nigger I haven't joined anything, stop trying to jew me into your shitty delusions of "community", I merely posted some pics I made of a character I like, if you think that makes me part of your club you're a fucking nigger. Also this

I didn't, that was someone else

it would be a different situation if he did his own art instead of trying to

Must be a nigger.

Yeah youre deviant art shitter alright, fuck off do your own artwork and stop taking a dump on someone elses work.

Listen, this is an imageboard. Cantankerous is the default setting for most discourse here, and you just have to learn to not take it personally. And besides, there is no reason to care what a few random fags on the internet think. Take the criticism, and try to apply it.

Doesn't matter. If people say it's shit it's because they don't like it. You can say "that ain't valid" all you want, the fact remains the fact.
Excuses, excuses. You don't need to trace the sketch exactly, but if you gonna finish it you've got to keep the feel.
You've joined us drawfags. From here on you'll be perpetually pelted with shitty comments on your works whereever shall you post it. Welcome to the club.

You might be melanin enriched yourself my fellow kang.

I'm starting to think all this bitching at the drawfags is a new tactic of the metafag.

Could be. I'm with dillema there though: on one hand, that will drive out special snowflake faggot artfags. On the other hand, that will drive out special snowflake faggot artfags. So while decreased faggotry levels may be appreciated in general, is it really worth losing OC creators? Should we pretend like we enjoy their shit just so they don't leave? Oh wow now that I put it that way I wouldn't want people to treat me like that.

Not saying we don't criticize the art, but the way this one user just came along and tor into saifag last night has me wondering. Without drawfags, these threads die. Plain and simple. So it's not hard to see someone coming up with the idea of scaring them off.

Next thing you say is "I have a life, I've got no time for paying attention to all these details".

I'm sorry, exactly what is so fucking wrong with the picture? Apparently I'm a fucking autist that needs to get spoonfed; list the specific things I need to change with as much detail as you can.

Then I guess it all hinges on drawfags' ability to take basic fucking bantz.

Look, I'm sure you spent a lot of time on this so you're taking it personally. But one thing that I would point out is that Libbs hair is always white on top because the white layer is longer. Most of the criticism I have a niggles with certain details, but there is no need to over blow anons talking like anons.

wanna talk about where the black stripe is in the original concepts? oh thats right there isnt any. The blackstripe is something added on later as an option and the original work only has it on the underside of the hair. Kill yourself you dumb ass nigger.

Sai user I would have expected to, but a lot of artfags don't spend a lot of time in these places.

Wew lad.

Dubs makes a point here. The black stripe started out as a misunderstanding that the top white layer was black on the bottom side. Sai user made it look good, so it stuck.

How about you try making a sandcastle and then get 8 buff dudes stomp it down, call it shit, and then call you a faggot.

Anyway like I said I'm an autist so could you please be more specific:
Exactly what do I need to do? Make the greyish part on top of her head white?
I was using as a second reference.

He IS right though. It's only black on the underside in official shit.

see >>838114

That's just how these places are, user. And it's not entirely a bad thing.

Well at that point it's arguing semantics. We all agree that it's there and that it's on the underside, but you insist that it doesn't count because you use a different term for it. Basically, argumentum ad dictionarium fallacy.

the black stripe was only ontop in neo libbie version you autistic faggot. Does this pic bother you even when everyone else can tell it's obviously Libbie?
If the answer is yes, then you have autism.

The green triangles on the table give the impression that it's the green part of the hair flowing down. I know it's a different shade, but that's what it looks like at a glance.

That's the point

Oh wait you mean it should be white? Just say so then, gimme a sec.

Y'know, guys, we COULD just ask Tyson for clarification.

I was actually thinking of making the table a lighter color and maybe having a shadow...

Sounds just as retarded as the other guy tbh.

Which one came first? The wizard or the triangle cluterfuck galore?

The original Libbs was papercraft, like what you would make in LO Draw.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, you want me to replace the flowing hair on the desk with darker colors to simulate shadows?

wat

I was thinking it would be a stealth way to get him drawing Libbs again.

Well I sure as shit have never seen that papercraft you speak of. But I have an excuse, by the time I joined the party the contest was over a week closed.

Yes. Libbs hair is long but it doesn't seem very flat or wide.

Are you saying you don't know what papercraft is, or you've never seen Libbs that way before?

The neowhatever fag that made photocopy libbs? Is he even around?

Rather, I mean it doesn't seem like it would lay flat like that.

I mean the papercraft Libbs.

I mean Tyson. The few new drawings he's made of Libbs got taken down quickly.

There you go. Now I'd also consider making the horns a tad shorter, but Libbs has had short and long ones in Tysons art too.

Do you have them? I've missed the whole drama.

its a good thing we dont have ids here, i can be a gigantic faggot and no one will ever know

So you are a newfag and cant read a thread. OG "papercraft" triangle stylized Libbie has been shown in the OP every time. Theres 2 different "canon" designs Libbie and NeoLibbie that TysonTan drew. People can draw either one it doesnt matter.

See and . There was a third one, but I can't find it.

I thought it was:

1) LO Libbs
2) True Form
3) Electric Hearts

Welcome to true anonymity.

I think we can count out Tyson making any new Libbie art any time soon. If Dolus' archive didn't do it, I dunno what would.

That does look better, actually.

TysonTan hasnt drawn her in an Electric Hearts version, only mentioned that he wants to use her for that later. still looks like LO libbie just not overly triangle stylized so theres only 2

So the "papercraft" you refer to IS the triangle clusterfuck I've mentioned. You could've just said it, no need to be a snob on an imageboard. But if anything you just made the ordering more confusing. OG libbie? "Normal" and "Neo" libbie? Your ability to convey information is fucking abysmal.

Pretty sure the Libbie sketch that the red mage and punished Libbs are based on IS the EH version. Or a very rough sketch thereof.

That's an improvement I'll admit. Could you put some books or something on the desk? Looks a tad barren.

Ididnt call her papercraft. OG = Original. and if you cant keep up with basic memes like that and neolibbie you shouldnt be on an imageboard.

We were calling the OG Libbs papercraft since the first thread. Tyson even said he wanted her to look like something you could make in LO Draw.

A drawing tablet and stylus would be simpler.

It's like saying that if you can't instantly grasp wave equations with no prior knowledge you shouldn't be in physics. The whole thing is a complete clusterfuck, everything is in total disarray, no one is dropping meaningful information unless queried and even then there are faggots like you who will do dogshit job at it while being condescending. All I asked is which design was the original, all you had to do is to post triangle Libbie, and if you wanted to add more shit you just list it in order with appropriate images attached.

Best Libbs

He said he spend 40 hours drawing these. Where did it go though? Sketching? Because the final work looks like it's very low effort, look at all this chicken scratch, he didn't even bother to fix any of it.

The product of superior Aryan goat genetics.

Ah so you're fucking up perfectly good coloring because you're a stormfag. Way to establish that your input ain't worth a shit.

Added this to the archive! user, we're assholes, but we're helpful assholes, I'm glad you didn't just run off like certain other drawfags I might name.

If i put them side by side the only major difference magic Libbie and Neo Libbie is the clothes, and Mage Libbie is just more animu than the others. It's far less of a shift from OG Libbie so I still think it's only 2 designs with different outfits. And Knowing Tysontan this isnt what he thinks of when making an Electric Hearts version because its not complicated enough.

I'm actually poking fun at the Holla Forumsacks. Don't take things so literally, user.

Well I browse Holla Forums sometimes and stormfaggotry like that gets you banned pretty fast, so your poking aim is way off.

You're kidding, right? That place has a My Little Pony mascot.

Her horns are also a bit different. Ears too now that look at it.

You mean cuck/pol/ surely. And even then that's a stretch.

I've seen that pony on 8/pol/ too.

yeah and then they get banned but sure its a Holla Forums mascot :^)

Sometimes faggots post it yes. They get banned. They then post it again. I mean really, go ahead and post a horse on Holla Forums and see how long does it takes to get a ban.

sure i noticed that, but the point is dont be an autist over Libbie being only one way. The sai drawfag hasnt drawn libbies horns the canon triangular shape the whole time but no one gave him shit about it. People have done many different colors and it's been fine.

Oh, I agree. Thing is, each drawfag brought something new to the table. I woudn't mind some of these things becoming a sort of (soft) standard for Libbs going forward.

All three designs are different in a lot of ways e.g. ear color pattern is different every time, base skin and accent colors vary, it's not even consistent whether she has feet or hoofs. I don't think Tyson even has a solid idea of what she looks like beyond the papercraft version. So I suppose it's a free for all, just do whatever.

This is basically what I imagine Mr. CC0 sounds like. Basically Mr. WTFPL, but without the drunken swearing.

I imagine Mr. CC0 would be like a cross between an anarchist drunk hobo and a lawyer.

So, a thinner, more well dressed, Mr. WTFPL.

Wearing hawaii short.

Whereas Mr.WTFPL goes commando. Without pants.

so an autistic reference sheet. better get started on that.

CHECKMATE

Nice try faggot.

does this mean that every libbie with a black on top hair is a dude

The dick only makes Libbs better, user.

Of coursh.

The one in the top-left does look like a trap.

Traps come in various cup sizes user.

I dunno what the point of opening another thread is going to be without drawfags. What do you fags think?

If it's not flat, it's a tranny, not a trap.

I'm still drawfagging. Which ones had left anyway?

Sai user got burned out (more likely his halfchan ban ended). And
said he was tired of doing Libbs. I'd love suggestions to get the train moving again, but I'm a bit at a loss.

I've been trying for a few days, but couldn't find a single relevant thread on 4chan. Also saifag haven't posted anything new in his tumblr.

In anycase, I'll see how things go tomorrow when I post the current archive.

Didn't sai user mention he had to go to the hospital at one point? Maybe he's having health issues.

/g/ was actively trying to keep Libbie threads and posts down when the happening was in full swing, it's no wonder.

Well shit, where am I supposed to post the AWAKEN when I finish it?

Here. Like I said, I'd love for things to pick back up again.

This something new?

This thread isn't going anywhere anytime soon as slow as the rest of Holla Forums is. You can also post it in the Open Source Artfag Thread if it's more active by the time you finish.

meant for .

Yea I'm still working on that
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
sketch I posted earlier.
It feels like I'm drawing faster than ever and yet I still haven't got to color it yet. I don't undestando. Must be Dio's doing.

Maybe he caught that virus that was giving the other drawfag problems.

That's what you get for using proprietary software.

Nice. I'll be adding it to the archive for Tyson (and whoever else wants it), so don't worry.

Sai user got very used to a particular set of tools. On the one hand, I can understand why he'd want to stick to what he knows; on the other, though, it's going to bite him in the ass one day.

And I'm not even saying 'abandon sai and PS'; I'm saying getting to know you're way around other tools never hurts.

Glad we still have a couple of you guys hanging around.

I know this is only tangentially related to this thread, but David Revoy did a thing:

Pepper a cute. Cat is forced. Same ole' DR.

I tried SAI once and it was pretty underwhelming compared to Krita. Photoshop is just not suited for art.

He was right to say that SAI is lighter than Krita. Then again, Windows Xp is lighter than than most modern OSs too.

Were you the drawfag who said he used Mypaint?

Lighter? As in, lower memory footprint? Why would you care? The software itself is a minuscule fraction of the shit you put into it, the actual artwork footprint eclipses the software. Does he have 2 GB RAM old laptop or something? As a content creator you really need a powerful PC to store all that raw data and then crunch all of it down to adequate filesizes for distribution.

No, and I use Krita.

Oh. I've just seem a lot of Anons talking about Mypaint lately, so I was curious.

If you're a Macfag, it makes more sense. Apples NIH syndrome has limited Krita in a few ways. Especially the shit GL support in OSX.

Mac is such a joke. It's supposed to be a workstation tier computer, but compared to a real workstation it's a fucking children's toy. And it costs more than a real workstation.

It used to be a decent alternative for a UNIX system. But now Apple's retarded choices made it a pain even for that.

What do you need a real unix for nowdays anyway? I mean besides router firmware.

Like I said, back in the early days of OSX it was a decent alternative. These days Linux and the BSDs are better for UNIX-y stuff.

Yeah. I have no idea what Apple is thinking with Metal when they could just use Vulkan for free.

No. It means tysontan like other anons liked toying with a black stripe iteration, because it helps break up the face silhoutte from the white hair on white head. After TT drew LO libbie he did Mage libbie and Neo libbie, both having black stripes. Do you even know how indecisive TysonTan is with this kinda shit?

That's some fine autism there, user.

Tyson seems to be having problems deciding what to do with his art now. He WANT'S to do the occasional lewd, but he's scared of the negative reactions from his employer/supporters.

no. this isnt about that, this is about how tysontan is autistic about designs. Faia v2 in pic3 would be perfectly fine, but he kept trying to add more variations on just to be different. One could even make them twins with similar base designs but not Tyson, he is a full autist about this. On one hand its great because hes always searching and never locked down to one direction but on the other hand, its autistic as fuck and in perpetual development hell.

He's mentioned in the past that the reason he keeps changing Kiki and not Konqi is that he got the later 'right' the first time. That said, he has said himself that he has felt under pressure to stop doing anything even slightly lewd.

i dont give a fuck, him stopping to draw lewds has been brought up to death already it's got shit to do with the topic of libbies black hair streak and other variants of libbie hes done. If you dont think Libbie would go through revision hell then you havent been following Tysontans work. Also Konqi is pretty damn boring, so there's not much to remix.

nigga did I say tranny? Traps aren't trannies and it was a convoluted trap joke

Yoshi faced head with K horns slapped on.
speaks for itself. Konqi and Katie green memeOS lizards a shit.

Wrong.gif

My jojo drawing is taking fucking forever so have something else in meantime.

Looks surprisingly good on your version of Libbs. Added the archive, btw.

People have been replicating master paintings in MSPaint. Not an argument.

I gotta say, I like you're version of Libbie for reactions.

Are the drawfags coming back?

Hell, they've done impressive shit in Tuxpaint too.

so am I a bad example now? I've never said I was perfect. even you gays saw and read what happened to that image.
the legs were different and I changed them because I couldn't get the right perspective for Libbie so I "fixed" Kiki's. then the
drawing ended just like that because I was OK with it and I din't want to waste more time in one drawing.

imo if he wants to quit, no problem. the idea of being so weak to claim dropping drawing after 1 critique annoys me a lot.
I don't give a fuck about what other people think about my drawings if they don't like them for stupid reasons.
I enjoy doing it. critique is accepted whens valid.

is flat and a girl
REEEE

yes, a little tired of drawing animals but I'm alive. just absent for 2 days I guess. I was working on some other shit.
also. I wanted to avoid linux mint but is the one that actually works the best for what I want. lel.

I use SAI, MEDIBANG, krita. and I'm pretty sure SAI works in lunux under playonlinux/wine

I like how fast it is, that's all. It fucking works. krita feels bloated for some reason. is like day and night
I don't understand why kriata is so slow. after tried medibang, sai, opencanvas, clipstudiopaint or even my paint.
Krita feels bad even thou I like it.

I'm still with windows 7. w10 feels bloated and slow as fuck. that shit about the HDD at 100% almost all the time was
enough to make drop it immediately and hate it every time I have to use anyone's else laptop. loading shit to star the fucking
start menu. even 7 waste time loading shit after opening a folder. what the fuck. gladly there's Everything search engine.

I would like to keep using XP but 64bits is a big plus. XP64 is incompatible as fuck, nothing works on it.
I think I'll try that japanese patch for windows 2000.

also, I don't want to upgrade my pc. I don't need it.
the shit everything works even the games I like. but Use to play in my PS3 or my pirated XBOX.

Main pc
-phenomIIx4BE 3.2GHZ quadcore.
-16gb ram
-Nvidia GTX560 non Ti
-256GB SSD + 2.5TB (different drives)

laptop . fujitsu t5010 (wacom 13")
-core2duo 2.4GHZ
-8gb ram
-128gb ssd
- intel GMA series 4 (is shit)

is not nice for drawing but is actually good for everything else that's image manipulation.
anyway I don't like the idea of using phothoshop because I'm never going to pay for that shit.
is so expensive that I hate it just because of that so even pirate it feels as an insult to me in
some way. please praise me gentooman.

NICE.

wot

ALSO is just me or the images and the web is loading so damn slow since 2 days ago?

Don't know what you're talking about. Probably some windows-specific issue - it's made with QT which isn't anywhere close to WinAPI GUI, but sure enough runs fine in Linux.
Windows issue. It puts EVERYTHING into swap file even if you have 30 gigs of RAM to spare left. Linux only puts shit in swap when your RAM had absolutely ran dry. Also it uses unused RAM to cache your hard drive files and shit.

Welcome back Sai user.

You mean Cinnamon or just Mint in particular?

If you mean here on Holla Forums, I haven't noticed anything different in FF.

what you said is not an argument, Photoshop has been the standard for decades on creating art. You sucking ass at it is not an argument against the millions of artwork created with it and you sound more like an oldman retard who has been living in a cave. The ones who wrote off Photoshop as only capable of image manipulation ate shit and got shown up by people who blazed the trail and proved otherwise. Kill yourself freetard.

I'll go ahead an throw up the current archive before I hit the bed. Hold on for a few minutes.

Yes and a huge pile of dog shit spaghetti hell that is Windows had been desktop standard for decades, does that makes it good despite all of its shortcomings?

Nigger. this isnt about windows, this is about how youre shit at photoshop and cant handle theres millions of people creating god tier artwork with it. Photoshop takes time to learn, but its more than capable than any other freetard program and thats a fact.

I was making an argument that your idea of
is fucking retarded and you're doubly retarded for failing to see that.

For image manipulation, that might be true, but Illustration is another matter.

Alright, here is the current archive! You know the drill, check for dups anything in the wrong place and whatever might be missing.

my.mixtape.moe/hdvffo.tar.bz

the only one who made that connection is you because youre a dishonest faggot who just cant handle photoshop being best of the best. Krita literally copies features from photoshop and still cant compare where it counts in terms of workflow speed. Fucking doesnt even have the ability to change brush softness without opening up the full settings menu.

it doesnt matter how many times you repeat the lie to yourself, you are still wrong.

Hey SAIfag, why aren't you ever putting effort into Libbie/Krita drawings (except that one time)? I know you're drawing tons of monster girls so it being /fur/ material shouldn't be bothering you.

Well whose is it fault that you're an ass backwards nigger?

freetard confirmed

and I might add. that even Sai has an edge softness slider. but you want to be a freetard faggot eating shit you go right ahead.

krita works slow on linux for me too. is about high resolutions canvas.
and their solution "instant preview mode" is kinda buggy.

the rendering engine is just not good. I happened to try it on a Galaxynote6 today,
slow again. somehow autocad 2017 was running nice enough.

mint.
example:
the cintiq of my main pc works on fedora with gnome3 but it doesn't with my laptop.
fedora cinnamon doesn't even reconize my monitors of my maind pc but it does works with my laptop

mint works fine with both machines and comes with flatpak working unlike fedora cinamon.
I know I can find a way to make fedora working. but I don't want to waste time dealing with configurations.

about that. I'm kinda sick of hearing people saying "ohh this software is weird to use" just because is not like photoshop.. same shit for Blender or some other software.

what?

because I don't want to waste more than 2 or 4 hours in any drawing.

I recall lazynezumi as a glorified thing for photoshop some years ago. why?

I honestly don't care what you use, as long as we can get the autism flowing again.

How much of a pathetic faggot are you, everyone on the planet who has used any program with pressure sensitivity knows about the software sensors. Please get a fucking argument freeshitter.

You using Nouveau (which should work well enough on a 5XXX series card) or Nvidia's blob?

Either way that gonna suck.

Nice~ But is it just me, or is David's stuff looking more Chinese cartoon-ish?

lazynezumi is a software interpollator for your cursor, you can use it in any program but the reason it's promoted so much with photoshop is because thats where all of the pros are and it was a quick fix for some of the issues on Windows with the shoelacebug. and sai already has a stabalizer so the basic function of LN isnt needed. You could still use Lazynezumi to get perspective rulers into Sai if you wanted.

Not really. All of the improvements that AMD has put into Mesa, in theory, should help Nouveau too. Might be worth a try to see which driver works best on that generation of cards.

no idea, never tried
SAI2/medibag/cps have perspective rules and stabilization.
just saying.

I think I tried both set of nvidia drivers. same thing.
even tried krita in several windows machines.

anyway maybe is not slow for everyone. after being used to
draw in sai everything feels is slow. so.. whatever.

The argument is that if you control things like that with buttons and dials, you're doing it wrong. Doing it right is having one of the sensors assigned to it such as tilt elevation. Plus, there is an absolute fuckton of brush engine settings, you need like 15 tabs in the settings window just to list all of them, how the fuck do you expect all that shit to fit in the toolbar? It has master opacity, size and flow control, but it doesn't have that one very specific brush engine setting you wanted, holy crap this is now officially a shit software. Don't be obtuse.

How high resolutions?

In photoshop I can adjust the edge softness just by alt click dragging. freetard software only lets me adjust size with dragging the cursor. Freetard software 0 Photoshop 1
you know what krita also has a fuckton of? a bunch of memey layermodes (70) that no one gives a shit about, and only creates a mess to get through. Photoshop 2 Freetard software 0

Already know that, now it's a fairly standard thing for modern art software. CPS had the special rulers before anyone else but for years there wasnt much of an alternative and you couldnt just copy the functionality like LN lets you do. The newest PS finally has smoothing because an actual art pro joined Adobe and made them change it, soon they will probably have an actual painter wheel instead of having to get a plugin for one.

If you gonna make an argument that freeshit lacks features, at least try not to defeat your own fucking point by saying that photoshop lacks features.

more than 2500x2500
krita is the only software I have that suffers from that. some brushes even have seconds of delay.

when I created manga pages in medibang they were 4500x6200 and no problem. (10 layers or so).

SAI doesn't complain at 8000x8000 even with 20 layers.
I usually draw at 4000x4000 by the way.

desperate.

How does MyPaint perform?

Well I just created 7x10k just for kicks and started doodling across entire canvas while adding new layers, went up to 20, it didn't gave me any shit. Some brushes however do lag when you set the size to very high values, I think an airbrush is pretty slow. The instant preview mode is useless because it just makes the whole thing freeze after a single stroke and it takes like three times as much time to render it as it does without this bullshit mode on.

This is "it's ok if nintendo does it" tier argumentation. Just so that you're aware. It sucks that it doesn't have the slider you need on the toolbar, and I in fact agree that it's pretty retarded that there isn't an option to put it there even though the toolbars are fully configurable. You can now stop being a 4cuck tier twat.

into the trash

it's beta but into the trash it goes again. What makes you think that this is acceptable?

It's still pre-alpha.

Actually nevermind, it gives you a second or two to keep drawing, when you idle it starts rendering all queued strokes.

inb4 your right click is actually a middle click or some shit

and good for them, they already showed that they will let bugs that grind the program pass on official big celebratory releases so i dont give a shit what they call it. they could call it perma beta and it would be a more accurate statement because once out of alpha and beta youre supposed to make it a smooth experience not riddled with shit bugs and ive seen these built up hundreds of these little "Features". LMK when its behaves like advertised.

Instant preview comes enabled by default. Are you you sure it wasnt working like shit whe. You deactivate it. Is what actually happens to me

Did you do the one with OUYA tan?

What do you mean by that, exactly?

christmas cake Office lady libbie, is best libbie.

nope, i only added the texts on the sign on a few pics.

When I used the shape-brush (one of the only advantages over photoshop 2 step lasso-fill) it refused to even draw anything when I had the stabalizer on.
And here's another one for you. The cagewarp would create opaque white shit behind whatever I moved and warp would behave completely randomly giving me shit results after I committed the change, forcing me to have to use Liquify slowly. But Krita is so much better transformations xddd

It was kinda sad at the time, but I can get a good chuckle out of it now.

Well dunno, cycled through all brush smoothing settings, all display settings, all transform modes - worked fine. So I think you might be lying. It should be piss easy to corroborate though.

Why the fuck would you use a stabilizer is anyone's guess, that circle follow thing is retarded.

Fuck off. I hope you never get into programming because this is part of life in code. Expecting everything to work because you test it on one hardware only is when you end up with shit like Krita. When Adobe had the drag-rightclick menu bug instead of just being able to click it open like always then I didnt use that version and went back to rocksolid CS6. Its called having standards, something freetards dont seem to have. Krita has more deal breaking bugs than all of CCs, and Adobe obviously has the resources and the team to deal with these bugs but when Kritas devs release dogshit then it stays uninstalled.

Nigger I just said that I tested all of it and it worked, what the fuck are you on about? Also you don't get to claim that some shit does or does not exist without providing at least cursory evidence. Because it worked for me, and because of your attitude about it, I'm inclined to think that you didn't actually ran it, you just picked up some (possibly old) bants off the internet and respoted it here. I will believe you if you can point to an open bug in the tracker or make a short recording that highlights the bug.
But you do seem to care awfully lot to keep arguing agsint Krita.

Note that I'm saying
because I've tried to web search that kind of problem and came up with no mentions altogether. Krita is not some backwater paint tool, if there were these problems there would've been forum threads all over the internet and anyone would have been able to find them instantly.

shove. it. up. your. ass. freefag.

no idea. it was fine at default resolution.
I'm not using it. the GUI scared me. 2spooky4me

there's a thread in nervecenter about files loading slow.
so I'm not the only one. cloudflare ??

Once I figured out how the panels and windows worked, it wasn't bad. Were it not for needing CYMK, I'd use it more often.

People will be less sceptical if you don't sound like a low effort troll. I still couldn't find any people reporting this issue, for any version, any OS. Maybe your case is unique in having an exceptionally rare and shitty combination of drivers and versions and whatnot which caused the glitches. Try disabling OpenGL and/or instant preview (keep it disabled anyway), not that you care to dick around with settings just to get it working.

Showing me it works for you is worthless kid. Im not the one who claimed anyone is lying, you did. Good for you it works, its one of many pile of bugs that make the program shit to me. Do you think watching Pepper and Carrot's author demo the transform tools somehow make it not buggy as fuck and broken for me?

Youre right i dont. i put up with krita for 2 weeks and it was this kind of shit the whole time, so why would i waste further time troubleshooting it when photoshop is better in every way, especially painting performance? Disabling openGL is like when Adobe forums suggest disabling HW acelleration, these dont fix anything and just sweep the problem under the rug losing functionality while the bug remains. Oh and I just tried it, OpenGL set to Direct3D 11 via angle didnt do shit, and neither did disabling all canvas accelleration. So why did I launch the program again? just as buggy and unusable as the last time.

In any case, you might want to consider reporting this behavior to the Krita devs.

You somehow stumble across all those bugs that I can't even reproduce given video instructions, let alone actually encounter during day to day activity, well - sucks to be you.

Disabling hardware acceleration is a common tip because hardware acceleration is all sorts of fucked. You have no clue how broken even the best of OpenGL drivers are. D3D doesn't fares much better mind you.

Pretty sure more works have been created with SAI.

well you did said none of that matters the important part is that it's more popular didnt you

Great to have you guys back and everything, and the debate is fine, but maybe some OC would be a better way to prove your point?

Those are probably the same guys that kept sperging about the pink glow effect. I don't even think they can draw at all.

Pretty sure one of them is Sai user, but I genuinely don't mind them arguing as long as it goes into something productive.

This new? If so, I'll add it to the archive.

Nope Im not. I Stick it with sai because l like how simple is and the fact that is fast as hell and that's the main reason.

It even runs on the fucking old toshiba portage m200 I have for emergencies.

And as I said before. I don't care about photoshop i'm not using it and l'm never going to buy it. What the other people do is outside of my control but if they want my opinion l'm not going to recomend ps

Also I have no idea what the pink effect is.
And gtadient can be made by resize a mix of blured colors.

Anyway. How is the new thread going to be called? Drawing software & MASCOT + libbie. or what?

I mean some of you said this thread didnt get so much attention because its name

If 'Libre Mascot General 2' doesn't work, I'm open to suggestions.

Maybe just Libbie general? But then I don't mind the Kikis either.

This thread got a decent amount of 'attention'. It hit bump limit in a couple days. The problem was the lack of OC compared to previous threads.

Anyway, I'll let this thread ride for today and open the next one tomorrow. Also open to suggestions for a better name.

Libbie Mascot General. See, it's more clever because SHE's the mascot of the mascot general.

Libbie's Mascot General?

Yea it's new, maybe I'll finish it some time later.

I'll keep an eye out for it. You're style for Libbie is great for reactions, btw.

If things don't pick tonight, I'll open the next thread (would still like input on the title). That said, we need to get the autistic juices flowing again.

user, I like what you've come up with here...

Bloated shitware, everyone of them. ALL you fucking need is Tux Paint and the WILL to artfag.

make us some libbie oc in tux then

Fine. Give me a minute to an hour.

Keep on sperging out user.

As long as he's bringing OC, he can sperg all he likes.

Put a little nametag with Holla Forums or CC0 and it'd be perfect.

so much for using SUPERIOR SOFTWARE lmao but do go on and keep telling everyone their painting tool of choice A SHIT because it has a PROTOOL™ label attached while defending its shortcomings as LEL MEME FEATURES WHO NEEDS THOSE

New thread:

are you sure that's not the fault of your tablet compatibility?
docs.krita.org/List_of_Tablets_Supported
Also, if you're using linux you have to make sure your tablet is set up correctly or you're not using wayland desktops.

Ceneralizations like this cause conflict
The point is japs made more 20th century "2D" content (both printed and digital) than the whole west combined. but still, most japs use scanned trad while westerners use flash.

AFAIK sai has this gradient eraser thing used on transparent hair.
I don't know though since I never used sai to work on anything.

Good thing if you prefer simplicity. Bad thing if you're more technical. I prefer open canvas than anything else. It's by far the least bloated experience.
Krita still tries hard to be a bloated photoshop clone but its UI is still far behind

SAI - paint on 4K canvas, no lag.
Krita - paint on 4K canvas, laggy preview.

Not really. If you use tablet pc hybrids then SAI won't be crunching too much power.

Think sai as a portable drill running on gasoline or DC. It does the job. you can take it anywhere with you like a smartphone or a hybrid laptop.

But hey, why not get a shiny and more powerful AC drill?(you). A stationary computer with top-notch specs overclocked to match the "pro" software.

Both does the same job so there's really no problem at all.
Although it seems like you're saying efficiency is irrelevant because "professionals" need the convenience of higher computational power and feature rich premium tools and that makes you "pro"
Not really.
Professionals do one thing. If you can't answer it, ngmi.