The right is using scripts to exploit voting on Reddit

Hey guys, get a load of this little gem I found, in the /test/ board of all places. All the info is there on how to manipulate voting on Reddit if anyone is interested in counteracting Holla Forumstards astroturfing attempts. They really will resort to anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/test/res/30340.html#q32293
wikileaks.org/nsa-japan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who cares?

Well I have no idea how to use this but I suppose it could be a good idea.

I know we all hate reddit here, but it does reach a massive audience, and generally leans left. The goons would love nothing more than to change that.

Honestly, how many paid shills would Hillary have on 4chan? I mean, really.

How many, and how effective would they be? Considering every second person is accused of being a shill, I can't imagine they would be much good.

What about on Holla Forums Holla Forums? Would people even bother?

They sure wouldn't get far on 8/pol/. It is an impregnable bubble of neo-nazi propaganda. I was permabanned just for sharing polling data from realclearpolitics.

There are dozens of CTR threads a day on 4pol atm. The damage control is real.

The script is a Greasemonkey script. You need the Greasemonkey addon in Firefox, and the Reddit Enhancement Suite to use it. To install the script you have to copy the code into notepad and save the file as filename.user.js and then drag the file into the browser window. Greasemonkey will recognize it and auto install it.

Haven't tried it to know if it works (have better things to do), I just wanted to make people aware that the right is using dirty tricks like this.

// ==UserScript==// @name reddit upvote all// @namespace reddit// @include '''reddit.com'''// @version 1// @grant none// ==/UserScript==function get_rand(min, max) { return Math.floor(Math.random() ''' (max - min + 1)) + min;}function upvoteall(){ $("div.up").first().click(); setTimeout("upvoteall()", get_rand(350,550));}function downvoteall(){ $("div.down").first().click(); setTimeout("downvoteall()", get_rand(350,550));}$(function(){ $("ul.tabmenu").prepend("Upvote All"); $("ul.tabmenu").prepend("Downvote All") window.upvoteall = upvoteall; window.downvoteall = downvoteall;} );

source:
8ch.net/test/res/30340.html#q32293

Sage because there's no way to validate this,

but it looks like there are interest groups active on 4chan's politically incorrect board. Pretty recently, threads typical of counter-pushing are popping up on a consistent basis. There's no way to tell if it's just a user base recuperating a lost space, or a pressure group hoping for a new centre ground given the disappearance of an active Stormfront presence from the site. There's also no way to tell if it's CTR astroturfing; it's entirely possible the gains they want to make won't materialise, so it could just be one of the numerous anti-racist groups.

There's probably 100% shit all on this site.

Or it could be Holla Forums trolling themselves. Let's be honest, that's the most plausible explanation.

Yeah probably.
It'll also be fucking hilarious seeing it lit up as Trump daddy loses.

Is the Schadenfreude worth another ME war?

Stein's got this one in the bag fam.

Trump>Clinton and Stein will finish behind Gary Johnson.

He's already out the race.

Honestly though you can achieve more for leftist "shilling" if you go to political posts early and set the standard for the hivemind in the thread. Downvoting certainly helps, but the early birds gets to dictate how reddit reacts.

Pic related

Nonsense. He's doing better than (((stein)))

We sure this guy is AnCap or is this just like 'fascist' a word thrown around to shut down anyone who disagrees with you?

He was a genuine ancap. Its been a while since I made that image though, but if I recall correctly he posted on the ancap subreddit.

Yeah fair enough then.

How do we stop TTIP and TPP? I've got the TTIP dox but I can't read that shit.

Here's an example of the language used and this is literally in the introduction on the first page.

neither Party may] [US: no Party shall] increase any existing customs duty, or [US: adopt] [EU: introduce] any new customs duty [US: , ] on [EU: the importation of a good originating in the other Party] [US: an originating good].

The rest is incomprehensible. Now I get that this is by design, but why hasn't some lawyer who speaks business come out against it? They can't all be keks.

ReeeeeeeeeEE

MOAR

Why aren't we doing the same? Looking at the amount of ELon Musk/Bill Gates setc worshippers on reddit it's obvious that such tactics are effective at controlling the public discourse. Should we not fight back?

If the CIA is capitalism's invisible army, then what's NSA?

wikileaks.org/nsa-japan/

the only thing that happened with Holla Forums that got any real attention was gamergate and it's pretty much dead except for the average video bashing anita sarkesian that comes out every time an alt rightist says cuck

We should try to get some techies on board if we do this. They are usually good at social engineering.

I fail to see the problem. The SJWs on that site have been engaged in similar behaviour for years. Leave the pair of them to attack each other.

Obviously talking about 4chan you dumb asshole.

'''left''''

Yeah, "left".

Well, some mods don't look left. That doesn't mean there is no point in doing anything there. Even 1% is pro-Left it is a viable option.

That said, I'd recommend concentrating on forming group out of actual Left, rather trying to persuade general public.

myfuckingsides