Jeb Bush calls for constitutional convention to pass term limits

Jeb Bush calls for constitutional convention to pass term limits
© Getty Images
Jeb Bush is calling for a constitutional convention to impose term limits on members of Congress.

Writing in an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, the former Florida governor said that the GOP should use its newfound power to remake the way the government works.
“Americans, by wide majorities, agree that Washington is broken, so let’s send power back to the people and back to the states,” Bush wrote.

“Republicans should support convening a constitutional convention to pass term limits, a balanced-budget amendment and restraints on the Commerce Clause, which has given the federal government far more regulatory power than the Founders intended.”

archive.is/Nu25k

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Politics/interesting-moments-covering-jeb-bush/story?id=37104666
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit. Fucked up the formatting. Sorry.

Is Jeb actually retarded? One of the major points Trump ran on was imposing term limits on congress - it's literally in his 100 day plan.

…What's he playing at?

This is a good role for Jeb. He was a fairly smart guy who has no balls and no speaking skills. Penning these little articles and teaching seems like a good way to put him to some sort of use.

Given he's probably trying to take credit for some of the good ideas Trump has that don't carry with them backlash from libtards.

Trump can't impose term limits by himself. He can suggest it, but if it doesn't have the backing of Congress an the People of the United States, then it will never become law. The President cannot amend the Constitution on a whim.

Maybe not, but God Emperor outranks President.

What limitations does a president have with EOs? I know they can effectively pass law from the bench, but to what extent?

I know Trump was against using EOs in the primaries, but it's always an option.

Slow and steady?

image/career salvage.

Trump is not and will not be a God-Emperor. This is the United States, not some European shithole.

THE GUAC RISES

An executive order cannot go against the Constitution. If it does, then the Supreme Court or Congress can overturn it.

CTR pls go.

Trump is going to swear an oath before the Court and the People of the United States that he will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. If he declares himself "God-Emperor", he will be removed from office and all of our hard work to get him elected will be for naught.

That ain't CTR, kid. That's the facts.

Dubs confirm human laws don't apply to Kek.

S H A D I L A Y

turtles is trying to jump on the Trump train for good PR

Ah, forgot I was on a LARP board. Well, you enjoy your role playing.

where did you think you were? reddit? leftypol? david brock's spirit cooking forum?

Deportable.

Look at this first post kike playing the humble game to cover for his conspiracy to commit formatting fraud!

wtf i love jeb now #jebcanfixit

You know what they say about broken clocks.

checked!

Jew, gas thyself.

kek has spoken, you have to go back.

You're so easily trolled, plebbit.

By whom?

Top kek, talk about LARPing…
> "For fuck's sake, shut up Cicero."

More like a sniveling bottom feeder than a broken clock. I'm sure he's aware of Trump's position already and is trying to stay relevant. Worse than Ted.

The military, most likely. They also swear an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. They don't defend the President nor the people. They defend the Constitution. All it takes is an act of Congress to remove a President. If the President refuses to leave, then the military steps in and does its job. If Trump has military supporters on his side, then we'll see a very exciting civil war.

By whom? Libshit retards don't own guns.

Agent Brutus of the US Secret Service.

Jeb is just a poor, low-energy guy who got cucked boy Big Donald. Ted was a rat. A traitor. A traitor is much worse than Yeb!

Is he even relevant now? I thought he went turtles all the way down.

Differing military factions. Not that dissimilar from the first civil war, which started with State militias. You cannot assume the entire military would be on Trump's side in the event of his removal from office by Congress. Various state National Guards would choose up sides.

It would not be a war between common citizens, who most likely would be disarmed in the event of a civil war. Remember Katrina? Soon as people started shooting at military rescue helicopters, New Orleans citizens were disarmed by order of President Bush.

Good 'ol 4.5% Jeb! weighing in as if anyone cares what he has to say about politics. What a mess.

They never removed Obongo when he declared himself king nigger.

Thank you Jeb!

Just you wait.
Stein's in on it too. RECOUNT 2016: JEB SURGE

Gonna go ahead and assume you've never been in the military. Within every branch everyone knows who the libtards are because they are the pariahs.

He's still a Bush. Still a part of the establishment.

It wouldn't be shitlibs. It would be muh freedumbs cuckservatives that would oppose the god emperor.

That never happened

I love how Jeb had said Trump was the "Chaos Candidate" and as it turned out that Kek (Chaos) itself had backed Trump.

You are seriously underestimating how much the military despise liberals and globalists. It's not a "3% of the population" thing that have that level of contempt in the military like it is in the civilian world, closer to 85% with 10% oblivious and 5% liberal cucks (who rarely even manage to qualify with a rifle in under 3 tries.)

meme magic never fails

But they would oppose any god emperor.

Dubs confirm the anti-Trump rebellion's strength will come from cuckservatives.

Not directly, but he did try passing law from the bench, which is unconstitutional. See the illegal amnesty EO debacle from a few months back.

Everyone in my family has been in the service, one way or another, and I can confirm that even if those numbers aren't 100% accurate, the military is overwhelmingly right wing.

GUAC SURGE SOON ANONS

Not if it were Trump and he stuck to everything he campaigned on. In such an event they'd be the "right wing death squads" themselves.

Trump is and will be a God Emperor.

The American Dream is dead because we bailed out Jewish Banks in 2008 due to the fact that they were able to bribe our entire fucking congress.

HAIL TRUMP! HAIL VICTORY!

GOD BLESS THE HOLY AMERICAN EMPEROR!

isn't that a violation of the constitution? or are there clauses for state of emergency in the second amendment?

Tell that to Lincoln and FDR even Bush and Obama

Go sic em Trump

DUBS CONFIRM GOD EMPEROR TRUMP

PRAISE KEK
S H A D I L A Y

checked

HOLY AMERICAN EMPEROR THANKS YOU FOR CONFIRMING DUBS

wew

Oh so now they want limits. Convenient.

Bush has also called for a huge physical wall to block off Mexico and has also suggested that Mexico be the ones to pay for it.

That was GW, this is Jebbers who married a mexican bridge troll.

Not much room there for clauses about when it applies.

I'm kidding buddy, I'm pointing out the fact that Yeb is copying Trump's policies now as if he's somehow relevant

I just noticed this…

When iJeb! holds the handful of turtles, there's a bandage on his finger. He doesn't seem like the hands on type. Did he ever come up in that crazy spirit-cooking shit?

My bad

No I think Jeb would be too scared and would spill the beans..

checked

She would have made a fine First Lady

This. Also, conflate the idea and Trump in some regards with him, either to drag the thing down while making himself look principled, or if it works, fuck over other senators because of petty reasons. In the end I'm full of mistrust whenever a Bush is involved.

Case in point. If that were unConstitutional and were held up without Congressional approval than your magic "we hate shitlibs" military would have staged a coup. But they didn't.

There is a lot of LARPing on this board, but to believe that the US military would just stand by idly while a President openly declared himself "God-Emperor", then you've never known a single person who actually served.

Lincoln didn't have the backing of several state militias, hence the first Civil War. Do you really, honestly believe that someone declaring themselves Emperor of America would be met with zero resistance? Honestly?

You know Obama actually had to replace about a half dozen generals through his terms, right? Once they're out it would be fine.

That happens, apparently more so than you think.

Don't mind me, just
JED SURG'N
OVER HERE

Jeb will always be my favorite meme fron this election.

Slow and steady wins the race.

He's going to pretend the primaries never happened, support some actually positive legislation and in 2024 pretend like he was never against Trump. He's playing the long game trying to preserve the bush family legacy

He and brown hobbit wife can go fuck themselves

>you clearly have never met a mexican person serving
Hi Carl.

This is actually a good idea in a lot of ways. And it has been discussed in the cuckservative circles for a while. Its one thing I think they are right about. Given the (((demographic changes))), it's now or never. The republicans are only a state or two away from passing amendments without democrat input btw. But popular things like term limits and a balanced budget amendment could pass some of the cucked dem states as well with a populist president pushing it in the media.

GOP is pretty close to the 75% of statehouses threshold to do just that tho

genius

is that first pic legit? he's rich, why the fuck did he cuck so hard

Yeb married her in 1974, and she wasn't half-bad looking for a spic back then. Age didn't favor her like it did Yeb.

EOs can be overturned just as easily as they are passed as soon as another president takes office. You do remember that one of Trump's pledges was to overturn Obama's executive orders, right? He can do that with the flick of his wrist. Trump can only hold power for a maximum of 8 years.

You should be smarter than this.

now they lost congress suddenly they demand term limits. beyond the slimy wiles of the Golem!

Spics age like milk. The more native admixture they have, the worse they age.

Shitposter or D&C, either way you have to go back.

Why do I have an erection?

Your sexual fantasy is to be Donald Trump dominating Yeb.

Hell is forever!

Autism is forever

After menopause, all female spics turn into goblins

If !Jeb the turtle can help pull this off he'll officially be cooler than his brother the shrub.

Oh please, most government workers (enlisted and civilian) are just there for the paycheck and benefits. Zero fucks are given as to who signs their check.

I thought all those pictures of them together were shops, I didn't think she could be that small and strangely proportioned. Damn, Jeb.

Hell is forever!

Autism is forever

I really, really, really like this image.

Cuck.

Hell is forever!

So is serving the Jew God who usurped and stole the fame from the actual Gods like Kek, apparently.

Bell is forever!

Sounds like somebody is just being a sore loser.

Kek didn't lose, he just waited to see who was willing to feed his enemies.

Holy shit you're more autistic than Jeb. I'm assuming your friends never invite you out for fun because you always just make everything too serious right?

Dubs confirm 507834 has fewer friends than Yeb.

Jeb 2020. The hindsight and turtles candidate. Slow and steady!

i never really understood what they thought, practically speaking, this was going to accomplish

Jeb cut himself while making guac.

The funniest part is that this isn't a joke: abcnews.go.com/Politics/interesting-moments-covering-jeb-bush/story?id=37104666

Finally I have a reason to post this again.

he's a wealthy and powerful man… w-why… w-w-why did he marry that… THING??? …i mean, he could have married a hot spic, no?

He did. In the 70s.

Spics don't age well.

He was a kissless autistic virgin who married the first girl who was willing to talk to him.

yeah… i suppose she wasn't bad back in the 70s… and, yeah, esp full-blooded wetbacks age like milk… same with full-blood gooks. they go from 16 to 60 in like 5 years right around 30

For some of them, that's absolutely right. Like Chinese. They age like milk. Some Japanese age well, though, or it starts far later in life.

EOs are only supposed to affect the operation of the executive branch. Now that's a lot more power than it sounds like of course because it includes the way that the DoD, DoJ, DoT, the other departments, and all their sub-departments operate, but that sure as shit doesn't include amending the fucking Constitution.

Democracy is why the USA was ruled by a black person for 8 years, it is disgusting.

Of course not, but the Constitution only means something if the people in power give it any meaning. If the Supreme Court decided to stop caring at all about Constitutionality Roe V. Wade, Obamacare, Gun control, so on, they could, and there wouldn't be anything short of revolt that people could do about it. Elect a different president, maybe, but those judges are there for life, so unless they die or step down, nothing will change.

Kek agrees.

It's forever. It's Hell.

Hell is forever.

Forever!

What you did there
I see it, Kek

learn how the US government works you retard.

You misspelled "because (((we))) allowed globalist jews and other nefarious forces to immigrate to the USA in the late 1800s whereby they immediately passed the 14th Amendment, gave women the right to vote - thus ensuring their electoral dominance, and turned us into a slave state under the Federal Reserve Act." The American Dream has been dead since the end of the Civil War caused states' rights to cease to exist in any meaningful way, a right wing dictator is the only thing that can give us a chance.

Bad idea. We don't want a Constitutional Convention. That's not the same as an amendment, which just adds one pre-screened rule to the Constitution. A convention puts the Constitution on the operating table, opens it up, and allows for any and all changes.

And we might think "oh, the GOP has all the power, it would obviously go well" but the GOP has shown itself to be so spineless, so willing to roll over and submit to the Democrats despite having a majority, that I fully expect we'd come out of a convention with the 2nd amendment stricken from the Constitution along with heavy damage to the 1st, 4th, 5th and other important aspects, all without getting a single benefit for us out of it.

If repeating digits, Jeb is going to have a major influence on future politics.

rerollan

Rerolls are invalid. Stop abusing Kek.

This. Kek is not some plaything for you to toy with.

>tripfagging

Anything to do with trump is larpers and not real politics

>>>Holla Forums
>>>Holla Forums

Better get your share of avocado stocks while they're still cheap, lads.

I merely left it on.

Fuck the police

Oh shit. The Guac Man is going to meme guac into the next trendy food.

Jeb is redeemed in the end.

Now all we need is to meme JEB! 2020, so the Jebposting will never have to end

This board is r/the donald but worse

Hot opinions, lad.

Warwick Davis ??

You have to go back to your shitty cuck board

till truth and talent claim their place.

theres no way her legs are that skinny…

are you sure she wasnt at auschwitz to revisit the glory days?

fuck off m8 or i swear on me mum i'll fucken rek u

Jeb needs to build up his self confidence and his talking skills. He should also get /fit/ in the process and make a great comeback to politics. Who knows, maybe he'll double, or even triple from 2%!

That statement has been posted here more times than I can count, and yet it has NEVER EVER gotten dubs.
So, in effect, get fucked.

It is incredibly hard to defeat an incumbent, so much so that once elected many politicians can comfortably retain their seats indefinitely. The longer they retain the seat, the more likely they can engage in corruption or betray their constituents.

America is Rome 4.0, thus is known
Germanic Trumpf dynasty will lead the 2nd HRE, the Viersten Reich.

Forever!

Forever. Hell is forever!