Are we heading towards another dark age of animated movies?

Are we heading towards another dark age of animated movies?

We're already in a dark age of animated tv shows. Animated theatrical films being crap are merely a byproduct of it.

At least Disney hs Wreck It Ralph and Frozen 2 coming up soon

We're in it already.

who cares

What a strange and pointless post. You're on the cartoon board. People here care about cartoons.

No. We've been in the dark age of cinema for years. Everything is either shit, a remake or a reboot.

Just look into Europe silly goose.

Holy shit kill yourself.
If there's one movie series that stayed true to its essence even after 10 years it's Ice Age.

True, but if it keeps going like this, it'll eventually run out of steam. Best to end while the spark is still bright.

The last one was pretty good.

Jesus ducking Christ, how many movies are they going to fucking make?

The new Smurfs could've always been worse, I'll forgive it for not being the absolute shit version anymore.

Yes, but it will lead to a web based creator controlled renaissance.

When did the last one end?

I thought it was mostly about shitposting about cartoons

They haven't ran out yet. Until they do, I'm gonna keep watching… You never know what they're gonna pull, I mean they made a movie with fucking space rocks and it was actually good.

If it's bait then don't reply to it, faggot. This board doesn't more spam.

You guys keep saying that and I doubt it's gonna happen tbqhfam.

Recall the Windows vs Linux situation. Which one works best and is more popular?.. Now apply that to cartoons.

Depends on the area. Windows dominates on PCs and internal company servers, Linux does really well on smartphones, web servers and supercomputers. Or is that part of your analogy? I don't really get what you're trying to say.

I was mostly talking about the desktop. The fact that something fueled by money and a large dedicated mass of manpower is bound to outperform anything done as a side hobby and offered for free.

I get where you're coming from now, but the analogy doesn't work out. Most contributions to Linux are by paid employees of companies like Red Hat, IBM and sometimes even Microsoft, and some Linux distributions cost money.

Well the blockbuster billion dollar grossers with great reviews are a monopoly by those assholes in Disney, we got the Chinese stepping up their oh-so original animated films and tv shows, Europe is also in the same space, we got unlimited trash being worked on by Hollywood again, so no OP, we're already living in it

Wait, when did the first dark age end?

When did it begin?

Sometime shortly after Shrek seems to be when animated films went in the shitter.

Samurai Jack is literally the only good thing to come out in a decade and I have no idea what I'm going to do when it ends.

We've been in the dark ages for a while, ever since Disney gave up on 2D and started producing the shallow 3D movies they now produce. The difference in quality from Aladdin, Mulan, Pocahontas, Hercules compared to Brave, Frozen, Zootopia is objective.

Zootopia is particularly disgusting. Such high praise for such a shallow premise.

M-maybe we'll get lucky and Jack spawns a new wave of good cartoons?

You assholes say that whenever an animation that's rated PG14 and above gets made.

You can watch them with your girl friend you'll never have either.

Girlfriends are disgusting and have cooties.

oh user, we aren't heading towards another animation dark age

we're already at its apex but shit isn't getting better

>mfw it was ep 19

Samurai Jack is alright.
I can't think of any other examples, but at least there's one point of light in the darkness.

what are you doing wasting your time here nigga