What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCAM
archive.is/XABz
archive.is/rqCBz
archive.is/9vmFX
archive.is/CR8f6
forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Comcast-downgrading-all-1080i-HD-channels-to-720p/td-p/2806786
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reddit wars

nice facebook angle there George

He underestimated the autism of neckbeards.

BLACKED

The Prequels. Not baiting don't reply.

Is this a postmodern bait?

It is the newest thing from 4chan - ironic memeing.
We are now living in the postmeme era

about "Not baiting" bait?

The problem was people not understanding what midichlorians were.

How people took the Midi-chlorians to be the actual Force, instead of bacteria in the blood that allows one to have a connection to the Force still baffles me.

That wasn't bait, it was a fact. Now that we're past the meme phase of talking about Reddit Wars we post the truth again so retards like you get ass blasted.

Please, try to keep up.

But this is clearly bait.

You're not fooling anyone, leftycuck.

The best thing George Lucas ever did was give us Reddit Leddit Memeia

SW was never great

Apparently hokey dialogue that's straightforward isn't revealing enough.

This is what is happening

He didn't put the effort in, knew he should have delineated more tasks to his subordinates, didn't spend money in the right areas, shot for technological advancement instead of thematic aesthetic, used too many digital backdrops, didn't give his characters things to do, chose the youngest version of anakin skywalker instead of someone around padme's age, told us about things he should have showed us, and most probably; he doesn't want to direct, he wants to produce, but couldn't find a non-union director on the level of irvin kershner to take over.

Then of course theres the disney thing.

i enjoyed making rlmcucks sperg with the prequelkino meme but it has gotten stale. redditors took a ironic thing seriously again and now its ruined.

This is how you know someone is straight from cuckchan, they are too dumb to appreciate the prequels.

Irony is dead, mate.

In the end, it still came out okay. It didn't pull a Batman & Robin where it went underground for a decade. Most adults saw it and were mostly apethetic towards it. The prime demographic (which is kids, fuck you Mike) enjoyed it greatly and were passionate enough to invest in the universe through toys and such. Revenge of the Sith was a peace offering to the constant complainers that rejected it and used it as more ammo against George. Only the weirdos that got way, way, WAY too invested in Star Wars saw it as a "betrayal". Ironically they all love Disney Star Wars despite it committing even worse sins, but it indulges in THEIR politics (identity, not corruption), so it's okay. Most people saw the potential and wished it was more than okay/mediocre. George suffered due to wanting to finally not get fucked by the studio, so for better or worse, these were his movies. II and III were being changed due to feedback, but it was never enough for some people. They just wanted the exact same fucking movie as the OT, everything else be damned, and George was too old and tired to give a fuck after a certain point. He really does love Star Wars, and he wanted to share a different side of it with people, in his weird autistic way. If you want to know what really ruined the prequels, blame Fox for fucking him so hard in the 70's/80's that he needed to go full dictator and the people that would nitpick his movies to death, but let the house of mouse get away with murder.

You are an enemy of cinema

Yea, because you flapjacks forgot we were just fucking kidding about the prequels being masterpieces,

reminder the prequels are directly responsible for the current plague of capeshit in cinemas today, a fact that is brought up by prequeltards

Oh, we're going to ironically hate Star Wars and George now? I get it. *wink wink*

Why do kikes always lie?

whi is it all so tini and smole xD

Disney shills are out in force today, lads.

you're shit though. your memes aren't funny. "i was just pretending" isn't an excuse is it? idiot.

The only bad thing about the prequels in concept is the fact that they are prequels. You know its actually kind of funny, the only movie that the audience wanted is the movie they won't get.

People wanted an Episode 7 where Luke trains the new jedi, Leia leads the Republic, and Han Solo goes off to build space ships or something cool with lando and chewie. Maybe he raises his kids and then finds out their force sensitive he sends them to Luke's school. Maybe Luke falls in love and has kids and thats part of the reason why "Anakin Solo" or whatever decides to become a sith. Maybe theres a bit of cousin rivalry going on that clouds Luke's judgement.

Maybe Anakin Solo leaves the Jedi Temple before becoming a knight because he does something really bad, and absconds with half of Luke's class, which leads to the creation of the New Imperial Order that starts taking land from the rebellion.

Anything, do anything other than shit.

That's incorrect, i was a kid when the prequels came out. I was expecting more practical effects, miniatures, and cool costumes.

neck yourself, tbh. youre the cancer on this board.

There was more of that than in the OT though?

Yet very few people bust the balls of JP for this scene. I could bring up how Toy Story suffers despite being a pioneer, or older movies like Jason & the Argonauts with shit like the skeletons. Special effects age very poorly in most circumstances. Unless it's really good practical puppetry, most shit will look more outdated as time moves on. The prequels get way more than their fair share of shit for having poorly aging CGI.

That looks much better than the prequels, and the skeletons is Jason and the Argonauts are great.

Yeah the OT was good. it made me want to buy x-wing toys and jump around like a jedi in real life. Thats the fun part of star wars. The nu-wars saga has nothing in it like that, let's be honest. They don't have any of the characters doing anything cool at all stunt-wise. The aerial combat scenes are all CG, and there's no character to connect to. No motivation at all.

Yeah, that's the problem with any kind of follow up. People want more of the same for the most part. New adventures, but similar tone, cast, etc. George was doomed from the start, but that same tenacity was what kept Star Wars alive when Fox wanted nothing to do with it. I'm still blown away that Disney had the easiest job in the world and fucked it up despite that, but seeing Kennedy on camera instead of a brief producer credit said everything. Plus Abrams probably pulled very connection he had to get the job for VII.

I was also a kid when Phantom Menace dropped and had no problem with any of it. Wasn't too interested in the queen or gungans, but I liked the Jedi, battle droids, and podracing. I guess it's gonna come down to opinions for us, but the toy sales for the prequels vs. Disney say everything about how the #1 demographic really felt about the quality of each series.

I'm too lazy to make a webm, but that dinosaur looks ever shittier in motion during the scene. I like the skeletons too, but you can still tell how inconsistent they are in lighting with the shadows, interaction with the human swordfighters, and reacting to what the actors are doing, like Obi-wan with Grevious. You can still enjoy them, but you can't ignore they do show their age. It's just not fair to let some off the hook while ripping another series to shreds over having the same problem.

You just grew up, user. Also the thing about no motivation is laughable, they're just as if not more fleshed out than the OT characters. I know plenty of kids who love the prequels, most of them more than the OT. Finally you seem to have swallowed the CGI meme with hair and all.

I didn't "just grow up".
I watched the Despecialized editions the other day and they are still good movies. They have interesting stories, characters, themes, and aesthetics. The old Indiana Jones movies are still fun to watch.

Turn on Attack of the Clones for 5 seconds and you'll want to shut it off, because it looks like an Ed Wood film with a high budget. The dialogue is still first draft, and lazy. The CGI is flat and lifeless. There's no saving the prequels. If you like them, beyond "revenge of the sith was kinda cool at parts." or "There's some good work in the phantom menace" or "Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid were good" or "I liked the music" you're probably too low IQ to discuss kino with.

I grew up in hollywood so nothing youre going to say or imply is going to change that knowledge and experience i have. I know some of the people personally that worked on these movies, so i really don't give a fuck about your wish to shill for late 90s CGI. The facts are the facts.

this is what the actual movie looks like lol

yep it looks terrible.

Looks like the fickle tide of shitposting has turned against the prequel defenders.

There isn't a single scene in the prequels with this kind of feel.

Behind the scenes pictures which document numerous sets and elaborate miniatures which actually appear in the film, dumbass.

Green/blue-screened shots does not necessarily mean that CGI is being heavily used. In the case of the SW prequels, many of the backgrounds which were composited with color-keyed shots of actors were actually footage of film miniatures, in some cases with CGI touch-ups (i.e. if there needed to be in-scale figures milling around a miniature set).

Years ago I had a "making of" book for RotS, and I recall marveling at the fact that most of the backgrounds for the Utapau sinkhole city (including the establishing shot showing the entire sinkhole from above) were achieved with scale miniatures.

AotC over-used CGI, especially in the case of the Clone Troopers, but TPM and RotS for the most part made appropriate use of CGI (that is, to achieve shots which would be impossible/impractical to achieve using traditional techniques).

thrawn trilogy was the best possible option.

It doesn't matter if you have practical sets if every frame has a digital effect. How would you like it if Jar Jar Binks was in Casablanca, and Jake Lloyd was running around blowing up nazi planes at the end? Fucking stupid argument.

I love how we never got a sequel series based on EU content because it wasn't made up by George. Now we will never get EU content because it isn't made up by Kathleen Kennedy and her beta team.
Not Rogue Squadron
Not Kyle Katarn
Not Anakin Solo or Ben Skywalker
Not Qui-Gon Jinn
There are so many things going wrong it would take hours to explain.

You think its a meme but original xbox did have better graphics.

Did you read the whole post? I'm not even making a value judgement about the prequels as films, I'm just pointing out that people seem to vastly over-estimate the amount of actual computer graphics used in their production. It's funny because it implies that even with the 1999 CGI in The Phantom Menace, there have to be a lot of shots wherein people genuinely can't tell the difference between what's computer graphics and what's physical props and miniatures.

KYS

KYS

KYS

HAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA

This

Lucas saw that he could save money in the future by using digital.
Lucas saw that the studio execs were going to use CGI everywhere to save money.
Lucas realized he could do things that he couldn't do in the original trilogy like Yoda fighting with a lightsaber.
Lucas figured he could get away with it.
He was wrong.
You don't mix CGI with live action and expect it to work automatically.
CGI is good for removing things like matte lines, cables, monitor/screen replacement. Basic things. Think two dimensional green and blue screens. CGI in a live action environment looks absolutely horrendous when entire characters, locations, and backgrounds are fully CGI.
Performance capture is better for CGI environments, so make a video game like Hideo.
Live-Action is the easiest suspension of disbelief for an audience. If you want to go cartoony, then make a cartoon. The charm of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Space Jam to a lesser extent is that the two worlds of cartoon and reality collide, but they don't mesh perfectly. The goal in all those movies is to fix the two universes. When a CGI robot fights CGI Stormtroopers it feels like its not really happening.
Why do you want CGI?

Married a black woman. Adopted 3 kids. CUCKED.

Everything wrong with Star Wars fans

The prequels look great, even now. You might prefer static matte paintings because of nostalgia but they look gorgeous. There's a ton of practical stuff, real sets, real locations and miniatures but for some reason autismos can't wrap their head around that.

TPM looks ok because it was shot on film. AotC looks like hammered ass because it used first generation digital cameras and basically the live action shot of the actors is captured at 1440x800 or thereabouts and looks like total shit for all eternity, no amount of remastering will ever improve AotC. RotS at least used the next generation of digital cameras and is closer to 1920x800 source capture with higher color channel accuracy.

kek

you're objectively wrong
The Sony HDW-F900R shoots in 1080p. good luck releasing a 4k print of the prequels. try defending that, shill. wolololol

KEK

4K is a meme format anyway.

35mm film is higher resolution than 4k

(no u)

At present, sure. But that's more a consequence of the tech required to really make use of it being prohibitively expensive for the consumer market. Give it a few years and I expect it will be the standard for home releases.

It genuinely saddens me that it will be a long time before it becomes cost-effective to even attempt making AotC and RotS viable in 4k.

Why I find it funny about all the bitching about Dunkirk is most of the fags have probably seen the digital small screen projection.

Went to see the 15/70 IMAX projection and it was some beautiful shit. Granted, you lose resolution in each generation, OCN > Interpositive > Internegative > Prints, but still a sight to behold.

I haven't seen it, but i bet its great.

AotC was shot with HDW-F900 (no R, important distinction) and recorded to HDCAM (non SR). The HDCAM output from the F900 yielded 1440×1080 using an 8-bit discrete cosine transform (DCT) compressed 3:1:1 recording, content is upsampled to 1920×1080 on playback. The recorded video bit rate is 144 Mbit/s.

The HDW-F900R was a later model that support full HD-SDI.

RotS was shot with the HDC-F950 recorded to HDCAM SR, capable of recording in 10 bits 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 RGB with a video bit rate of 440 Mbit/s, and a total data rate of approximately 600 Mbit/s.[2] The increased bit rate (over HDCAM) allows HDCAM SR to capture much more of the full bandwidth of the HDSDI signal (1920×1080).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCAM

>Yeah the Prequel was horrible. it was just made to sell x-wing toys brand new kinds of starships toys and jump around like a jedi\
OTfags everyone

the I, II, & III would have never happened if redditwars wasn't a success though, a fact that is brought up by redditors everywhere

Yes, he should've thrown in Darth Vader, the death-star and Luke for bait for the autistic nerds.

Anakin's line about hating sand is actually deep as fuck when you think about it.

Since he comes from a planet of Sand, it's his home yet he hates it. Hate is also the path of the dark side and just an innocent line like that, foreshadows what is to come, the way too emotional jedi turning to the dark side by his loyalty to his love and his fears.

Attack of the Clones is the best of the prequel-movies.

he basically got high on his own farts, then got butthurt that people didn't like his shitty prequel trilogy so he sold it

you'd never be able to tell the difference if someone didn't point it out

No one ever had any problem with the Tin-man running around being a goof. Still Wizard of Oz is considered a classic.

Gotta say, Ep II looks amazing - Geonosis & Naboo in particular.

Been thinking about making a collage like this for Episodes II & III as well. Got more than enough pictures, but not all of them are high-res…

This goyim gets it. The ot was small-scale within a large universe, the pt included more of that universe.

the nigger has a gun?

George, did you huff that last can of gold paint?

For the things to go wrong things have to have been going well at one point in time.
This is not the case.

The concept art for Cloud City is way better than what's in the actual movie.

Do you 'member…

Everything

Straight up retarded statement by someone who doesn't have one

Made a good movie by mistake, decides after 20 years to turn it into a terrible movie, insists he meant to make a horrible movie all along.

All that means is you know what a circumsized penis tastes like. Your opinion is completely worthless.

You got the wrong post there cocksmoker.

>Made a good movie by mistake
And what movie might this be?

Howard the Duck, best Marvel movie to date.

All honestly good points except this one, why would Obi-Wan be an old man but Anikan be young? Makes zero sense.

not an argument. i got to see how people are behind the scenes. i got to study film on a level that most others dont. And i was able to witness the rise of digital cinema.

what value is your opinion? whats your opinion based on? a lack of sense?

go to bed, @uptomyknees

Well really I was trying to make the point that all film revisionism is bad. If you're going to put out alternate editions, at least treat the fan base with some respect and put out the original versions. All those frames are from scans of original 35mm theatrical release prints held by private collectors. Disney has access to elements to far superior condition and can afford the professional restoration, the excuse of originals too damaged to put out is bullshit.

My opinion is valid because Bernie Producerwicz never fingered my asshole.

Back to reddit faggot.

But muh plot twist

He's not wrong.

>>>/reddit/

This
Attack of the Clones is the best

The reviewers back in then day certainly didn't think it was the best…

cuckchan has gone too far

Anakin reverting to his age when he was turning to the dark side instead of the age he was at when he was redeemed is terrible kino tho

Not sure if serious. I know trolling is a thing. I get it I do.. but if you don't know why Empire is better than you have no business discussing movies .. or anything. Your brain is in your fucking ass

lel

Wew

I'm not sure what autism this is. I guess your brains are so full of bad video game story's and cutscenes the nigger semen is backed up into your eyeballs. Hundreds of classic movies were given bad reviews.. not that that matters.. people in the 80's thought a lot of stupid things. There were literally 5 people who reviewed movies anyway.

Also, source of gtfo.

Here you go, fuccboi

'The Empire Strikes Back' Strikes a Bland Note: archive.is/XABz
'Star Wars': Slaves to the 'Empire': archive.is/rqCBz
'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back': THR's 1980 Review: archive.is/9vmFX
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back review: 'emphatic': archive.is/CR8f6

Most people aren't watching 4k sources anyways, unless you have an UHD ultra blu-ray player and buying UHD releases (black blu-ray case) or one of the supported client devices for Hulu or Netflix, and there's very little 4k content on those services. 4K content is also not the same as 2K (mastered in 4K) such as many normal blu-rays (4K mastering looks superior but video files are scaled down to 2K).

Even Comcast started transitioning the bulk of its HD channel lineup back to 720p (hope you not mad you're paying 2027 prices for 2007 picture quality).

forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Comcast-downgrading-all-1080i-HD-channels-to-720p/td-p/2806786

If you don't like Em>>842428
So literally one review that was linked for page hits so people could laugh at him VS mountains of videos, reviews and opinions on how bad the prequels are. Keep trying dickless.

George Lucas had tons of great ideas, but couldn't quite fit them all into one trilogy without it getting over burdened.

In retrospect, he probably would have been better off trying several movie series at once that were all set in the same cinematic universe. Imagine if with the prequels that Lucas had Anakin in his own movie, Padme in her own movie, and Obi Wan in his own movie. They could have devoted more time towards each of their story lines, then have their story lines all become tied together in a single movie afterward Avengers style.

I think that's a key problem, no one had really set this precedent for having different characters that each have had their own movies, all existing in the same cinematic universe, then all joining together in a movie later on.

He should just be an idea man and script writer in general, and not be so pissy and butthurt about things and alienate people. That's why Jedi had such a shit director. He was pissy about the money he had to pay over the writing credit for empire or whatever. He has always had a huge ego. But he can't direct or write coherent stories.

What was the purpose of bringing a foreign child with no practical skills-besides podracing-to a warzone where there was expected to be heavy fighting and a Sith warrior?

The first moment the Naboo encounter resistance, the Jedi tell Anakin to get to cover and to not move. Wouldn't that be better accomplished…anywhere else? Don't they have foster homes in Star Wars?

What did you find incoherent about the prequels?

Because the podrace foreshadows the starfighter scene and the starfighter scene the death star. Having Anakin hunkered down in the Gungan village throws that entire dynamic out the window.

I know why George did it but it was never justified in the movie.

It was qui-gon's decision to bring him along, and it is after the jedi counsel denied him training anakin so he just decided on such short notice bringing him along wherever they went would be only wat to do that

Qui-gon took him on as a padawan so he just follows him wherever he goes.

Could be a miniature or CGI, or more likely a mixture of both; they did have a large set of the office for Episode III.
Anyone got a better quality version of the clip/listened to the audio commentary track for clarification?

It's all real (except outside of the windows). This wouldn't have happened if they had used CG.

Yeah, probably. Could still be some miniature work there as well – they did make a lot of miniatures for the interior of the Jedi Temple, the battle arena at Geonosis, etc.

Empire gets away with a lot of shit because ANH and RotJ do the heavy lifting of establishing the characters and setting, and wrapping up all the plot threads, respectively. It succeeds by virtue of having smaller challenges to overcome than the films before and after it.

Qui Gon probably concluded that someone needed to keep an eye on the child produced by the Force and the Jedi Council didn't want to do it.

Qui Gon was an intuitive jedi as opposed to a rational one, so attuned to the living force that he figured out how to be a force ghost. It legitimately could be that he felt it was the force's will that Anakin come.

Track their feet, and the perspective of the furniture in the room as they move, nothing in the scene is real. The entry hallway flanked with couches at the far left at the end of the clip is fucking cringe worthy 90s era PC gaming quality, and door looks like it's scaled for Yoda's mudhut.

kys
AotC is best of them all
It's not just kino, it's something better

What could be better than kino? Still, I agree. There's so much going on in AotC that it's mind-boggling, the mythical motifs, the pulpy stuff, the politics, the worldbuilding, the 10/10 poetry… It's probably the densest kino I've ever seen, you could rewatch it a hundred times and still have missed something. Even just the sand line is incredibly deep in the context.

stop reading shota, its affecting your brain.

succinct.
sometimes i wonder if he sold it intentionally to fuck with the fans and the studios.

all he needed to do was replace ewoks with wookie nd the original trilogy is solid.
he shouldnt have waited to mke the sequels. then he could make the prequels with the same crew, and finish the whole thing off.
he shouldnt have directes, just lightly managed everything, and accepted that certain things just dont fit.

He had a gtudge against the unions, and he was a notorious cheapskate.

knights and squires. poor casting. the characters age range was 9-21 during casting. i dont get jorges thought process.

they added a bunch of unrealistic bloom and color grading like LOTR.

Anakin < Darth Vader

mmm do you just come here to bait?

And you missed the old 50's detective story aswell.

Maybe but I meant every word. The prequels really are dense, Lucas put so much autistic thought into them.

ok i'll admit, the prequels really are dense. there's so much going on. every scene has a special effect.

tbh
This is why plebs complain about Lucas 'telling us things rather than showing us' - because they're not capable of comprehending what Lucas was showing us

George main strength is his ability to invoke masculine traits and emotions which the boys has and always have:
1) Luke wanted to have an adventure, always looked into the horizon like us when we were kids. Remember how annoying it is that you have to listen to your parents and teachers on everything.
2) Indy killed any men he wanted, fucked any girls he wanted, able to speak every language, and a big nerd on history. And his bad guys are awesome and threatening.

With the prequel he try to do the same thing:
1) Anakin who always wanted to become a hero and end up being the thing he swore to destroy. Same with George and every failed liberal art student or wageslave or most grown-ups in general.
2) Anakin had a ton of talents that were not utilize because the council did not give him a chance. Just like everyone who did not land his dream job or found that the real job is full of compromise.

And Yet:
1) Anakin is too whiny. We dislike that.
2) He failed in love with a older woman who doesn't have personality.
3) The politics are shallow. Done right, it could give a lot of personality of the character and the world but it became just a confusing distraction.
4) Obi-wan is terrible as a teacher. And Anakin just a spoilt brat.

The prequels if done right, it would have been a masterpiece of cinema. It would have character study of masculinity, a great mythology, an exploration of the flaws of a republic system and a greek tragedy of the fall of a hero combined with a rich escapist universe. But Lucas forgot himself as young man and tried to capture his feelings when he was a cynic adult together with the mentality of children. It contrast too much and did not work.

In a discussion about the story, two people gave an negative opinion regarding one of George's input. The nest day, their badges no longer work at the gates. When all you have is yes men, your ideas did not go through a filtering system and thus don't be surprised if it is full of shit.

Not really, he had Darth Sidious in his ear manipulating him since he was a little kid. His teacher was someone who wasn't originally mean't to be his master, he was just a padawan aswell when he took him on and it was obvious that Anakin was already surpassing him in most ways than the wisdom-part.

Add to that a Jedi Council who were acting wrong and getting involved in politics making them a glorified group of henchmen for the republic and at critical times contradicting the very code they were very stern that Anakin had to follow, you can kinda understand Anakin's gripes with his situation.

It's a tragedy, nobody is mean't to be perfect.

The chivalric romance between Anakin and Padme is the most aesthetic one I've ever seen on film. It's tragic, passionate and forbidden yet at the same time so pristine and pure.

…written and acted horribly.

He is acting like spoiled brat in AOTC. He was the most gifted padawan in history, the greatest star pilot, the chosen one destined to fulfill a prophesy and yet he acted like a whiny brat when thing don't get in his ways. Look at the fight at the end with Dooku, if he wouldn't be such a teenager he would have not lost his arm and Dooku would have lived.

In Revenge, his situation is more understandable, the problem is that his character already made an ugly impression before that.

It took George two movies to get the character right. We all acted like Anakin inside, but we don't show our insecure whiny side to other people like he does. In Revenge, it was portrayed right. He was upset that he wasn't made a master, snapped then apologized like a real human. While in Attack, he is just whine a lot. George at least learned from his mistakes albeit too late.

*Dooku would not have lived

WRONG
If you think it's badly acted or written you just don't understand what George was going for.

Not the user you posting too.
But i understand what he was looking for but it was shit.
Natalie Portman is too lousy an actress to evoke real emotion of love. Great medieval romance have an aspect of awakening to them. Having a emotion called love forcing through and controlling their action. Both actors acted terribly at these. They just said the line in the most pale intimation possible. Just look fake.

Poor acting, poor casting, and poor writing (especially the dialog).

The phantom menace was also completely unnecessary as was "little kid Anakin".

I think the actor did a great job. He brings dimension to the character and able to portrayed the emotions very well. It just that the writing sucked. The character has depth but the dialogue is shit making him shit.

The phantom menace could have been a great opportunity to set up the conflicts and the world of the Old Republic. But George lacked foresight and it just provide a lot of confusions, logical leaps and plot-holes.

Wrong
The acting was great, you just don't understand that the characters were written that way. And it actually makes sense given the context.
Your criticism of prequelkino is baseless and unfounded.

Anakin was still very young in AotC so it's understandable. His complaints aren't unfounded either. Personally you're missing what a great written character Anakin is. You need to look deeper, it's kino after all, not for plebs.

Time, money and being overrated in the 1st place. Geroge obviously had a big part in making Star Wars but it would have been wank without the help of many others.

The 1st sign that someone is blinded by fanboysim.

Moving the goalpost, prequelfag?

George was always interested in certain aspects of film making and when he became independent of the hollywood system he could focus on that.

Don't forget George did whatever he liked with the brand for decades then sold it for billions.

The character is a bunch of literary trope thrown into each other and displayed poorly on screen.
You missing a critical part of your brain. There are much better version of Anakin everywhere, George show how to write it badly/

dude, the "le prequels are good" meme is just like pretending to like trump. it's a ruse. lurk.

who's pretending?

Make up your troll minds

at this point the cgi doesnt even matter
the movies themselves are not good maybe episode I

What am I looking at here?

Top Frame: Matte Painting
Bottom Frame: Painting + Live action elements
Before they had CGI they did this.

Nowadays you have more options

Damn, the matte paintings for the prequels were far better than this.

This is your mind on reddit.

Actually, they used blue screen back then…

I always wondered about the carbonite freezing thing, was the blue screens intended to be replaced with some cool looking backdrops only for it to not work with the smoke?

That’s an interesting question – perhaps they talk about it on the audio commentary for Ep V.
I’m surprised they didn’t use it for this scene as well; the background doesn’t look all that impressive on these BTS shots – maybe they enhanced them for the later releases…

Wrong
You are a pleb
Anakin is one of the greatest characters ever written

I'm not pretending

Never said the latter
CGI is better than that shit. The only people who defend the OT are nostalgiafags

He relied too much on CG and his ego to carry the prequels, and nobody on his staff took the time to tell him how retarded his new movies are while they were making them.

Did too much showing and explaining and left little to the imagination. Fights were flashy but predictable, and not exciting. Plot focus was unclear and a lot of weird decisions with the main plot points.

Lucas couldn't handle the criticism he got over the years and decided to sell it to the White Slavers at Disney, who only care about making McDonalds commercials and merch.

His stories are decent, he just needs to be reigned in which doesn't happen when you're both writer and director. Which is part of why many directors want to write, they want to do whatever they want.

Midicholrians were presented in such a way where more midichlorians = more force. It was a stupid concept that basically turns the path of the Jedi into predetermined fate instead of a mystical journey. Its a lot harder for people to relate to fake microbes that give you more magic powers than just being able to let your feelings become a powerful force if you tried hard enough. Kinda spoils the highly relatable fantasy with some autistic science fantasy explanation.

If not Midi-chlorians, how then would you go on to explain that the ability to connect with the Force is hereditary, and that some bloodlines are better at connecting with the Force than others?

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." Was a pretty good line without some bullshit microbes.

What about “Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is… another… Sky… walker.” or “You’re wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you’ll learn to use it as I have. The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And… my sister has it.”?

Yes. That line was much better without midichlorians, you turboautist.

Based on those lines it would make perfect sense for the Jedi Council to have a simple method of testing potential Younglings.

Also, you seem upset.

Midichlorians were always a part of Star Wars. Lucas created the concept to explain why some people like Han Solo couldn't use the force. He couldn't include it in the OT because there was insufficient time to introduce them in the first movie.

kikes

Based on those lines it would make perfect sense that the force is basically a living mystical entity that has strong ties to the Skywalker family.

Instead we get bullshit microbes where the more shit you are full of, the more magic you have.

Also, "didn't have time" or "didn't have technology" is an excuse Lucas used numerous times during remasters to explain why he added stupid shit. Can't say his word is very credible here.

The first cut of RotS was four hours long.
There is a lot of material and ideas he never got to show in the finished films sadly.

And it is - the Midi-chlorians are just an indicator of their ability to connect with the Force. That shouldn't be so hard to accept.

This is shown in the special features which evidently not enough people here have seen

fuck that jew mindset

fuck it to hell

My prequelkino dvds predate bluray faggot