Reddit safe harbor doctrine was pulled as of yesterday

Reddit probably just lost the safe harbor doctrine which protects them from the liability of user generated comments.

Other urls found in this thread:

safeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?loc=eu&id=32997
lawreview.uchicago.edu/page/who-should-be-liable-online-anonymous-defamation
archive.fo/tBCUa
tomatobubble.com/ukraine_nationalists.html
reddit.com/r/DarkNetDeals/
archive.is/AnPVd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)
pastebin.com/tQ0ANfHz
reddit.com/r/fakeid
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgot links

safeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?loc=eu&id=32997

lawreview.uchicago.edu/page/who-should-be-liable-online-anonymous-defamation

so now they can get sued for calling someone a nigger?

I'm hoping some smart person can tell me what it means. I'm in the meme distribution and targeting div. Just a grunt

But that appears to be what it means

What is the safe harbor doctrine ?

Ironically if they weren't censorious to begin with they wouldn't be censored now.

Basically if you libel someone on Reddit, Reddit is liable for it now, like if the NYT libeled someone.

So basically we can literally destroy leddit with mere shitposting RIGHT NOW?

That seems to be correct

If someone posts CP on reddit, then reddit is responsible.

If someone posts CP on 4chan, then the poster is responsible.

Safe Harbour protection basically protects the owners of a user-generated content website, like this one for example, from being sued or sent to prison for things its users post. So if somebody posted CP on here, Hotwheels isn't liable for that because he had nothing to do with it, he has no control over it

By editing other users' posts, the owner of Reddit has basically confirmed that he can control what the users of the site post, which makes him liable for everything posted on there from now on.

Reddit drama is gay… but this is fucking hilarious.

We need to start a big ass operation on this right this fucking instant.
Shitpost libelling every kike and breaking every single faux-law the internet has and watch that shithole go down in flames just like Israel is doing right now

Shit we can do even better actually.
If I'm getting this right and SOMEONE went and posted death threats against the POTUS, posted CP, posted very thorough tutorials on homemade IEDs, posted some stolen SSN and then peppered all of this with hilarious anti-semitism, IT WOULD LEGALLY BE AS IF THE PLEBBIT CEO POSTED ALL OF IT?

We especially need to target countries which have gay ass speech laws.

Piss off Erdagon, holocaust hoax shit, etc…

We can get reddit lawsuits internationally

This is a noble cause, but the realistic result is that Reddit will crack down extra hard on wrongthink and perhaps go as far to require mod approval before posting.

Oh no, how horrible. :^)

Yeah, sounds like there is no way to lose here

flood reddit with cp when?

DEATH THREATS AGAINST KIKES THE WORLD OVER. PUBLICLY DENOUNCE THE HOLOCAUST. GET REDDIT BANNRED IN EUROPE AND A WARRANT FOR THE ADMINT'S ARREST

Shadowbans are already so prevalent that you need a dozen sock puppets to keep your accounts above the negative line (incurring a 10 minute post wait time).

Yep. The only thing which needs some correction in your post is your assumbtion that it doesn't already happen every minute of every hour. The place is to big for their skeleton team of hired personel to mannage. The only people who the re-dit administration has any reason to rely on. Its not even a matter of anybody doing anything at this point. The sheer existence of fungolian servers will land the admin at gitmo bay in a matter of days!

Oh man
I'm heading to the baph stash now to grab some goodies and spray them on leddit now, don't ask me for links because I know some snitch is lurking this thread already

and this

You know if reddit dies they're going to come here, right?

On the bright side we could turn every one of them into a redpilled fuhrerbot88000

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS

Have some talking points:

THE HOLOCAUST ISN'T REAL AND NEVER HAPPENED
JEWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION
ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS AND CHILD RAPISTS AND BLOODTHIRSTY MARAUDERS
ALL BLACKS ARE LAZY, INDOLENT AND VIOLENT
THERE WAS NEVER ANY GREAT BLACK CIVILIZATION IN AFRICA IN OVER 6,000 YEARS OF RECORDED HUMAN HISTORY
BLACKS AND HOMOSEXUALS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 100% OF ALL AIDS RELATED INFECTIONS, TRANSMISSIONS AND AIDS-RELATED DEATHS SINCE THE 1970's.

There's always plebbitors coming and going from here, but they hardly ever stay for long because they can't survive on a site without circlejerk e-peen points and usernames

Not many Normies know about infinitechan AFAIK

Good luck with that.

Not exactly. Safe harbor protects the site owner from liability of user content. Not having it doesn't imply an as-if situation. The likely thing is that they get sued for regular tolerated content, because now instead of suing random redditards for libel, they can sue the whole company for a big payout.

Ok so why don't we do one better and make it look like the commucucks are behind it?

Start a thread on lefty pol and then just cut all the posts agreeing with it and put together a collage then dump it on Cuckchan saying the left is attacking the "new right".

Say that reddit went out of their way to ensure rules against racism etc and the left manipulated this to shut it down.

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

Won't they just renew this paperwork?

They lost safe harbor because their CEO showed he can edit users' posts at will. How many others can do this? How many posts are not genuine on reddit? If reddit is pushing a certain point of view or stance by editing posts, then reddit should be liable for the content of those posts.

Reddit has two options:
1. Prove that posts can no longer be edited like this. Show that reddit is an actual forum and not a propaganda platform pretending to be a forum where the "speech" is just a muddled way for the company to push their own agenda. I don't expect this to be particularly difficult for reddit to accomplish - they'll just add something like, "This post was edited by an admin" on any edited posts and call it a day. Would probably still include a way for the CEO etc. to edit posts without it regardless.

2. Reddit goes full 1984 wrongthink mode, and rather than trying to pretend to be an open forum full of free speech they lock everything down and censor as much speech as possible so that the company cannot be sued for what a poster has said. Plays right into the hands of the propagandists in the short term, but reddit will die like digg and a successor will be born in short order.

Fucking these. Lets bring up allegation of Alan Dershowitz into pizza gate or some shit. That fucking kike likes to sue anyone, even his victim

implying they wont go to half chan

In theory this is correct.

In reality, it's not that simple. It would be argued in court, and reddit lawyers would argue that in practice the reddit CEO doesn't exercise any meaningful editorial control over the content of the website because that was an isolated incident. What the outcome would be would depend on the judge/jury in question.

But for any of this to happen they'd need to end up in court in the first place. And for that to happen, we'd need to find a prosecutor willing to drag reddit into court for something.

stonetear situation might do it, but I won't be holding my breath…

It was several incidents

Well, several incidents all in one night from what I understand anyway. It seems obvious to me that they should be taken down for this. But I don't think that's likely to actually happen.

Having the technical capability isn't what triggers it of course anybody with root access can do it, that's unavoidable. And even if the CEO didn't have root, the CEO could of course demand and receive root, on account of being the CEO…. Actually doing it is what matters.

I'm not a law talking guy, but all that's needed in court is to show both the admins ability and willingness to edit user comments.

Should also be enough for discovery on any past cases in which comments were submitted as evidence

Posting the sentence, “The holocaust did not happen.” makes Reddit.com criminally liable in the red nations.

Austria: 1-10 years
Belgium: 8 days - 1 year and €26 to €5000 fine
Czech Republic: 1-5 years
France: 1 month - 1 year or a fine
Germany: up to 5 years
Greece: unknown penalty
Hungary: up to 3 years
Israel: up to 5 years
Italy: up to 4 years
Liechtenstein: up to 2 years
Lithuania: unknown penalty
Luxembourg: 8 days - 6 years
Netherlands: up to 1 year (if you say anything bad about faggots, you get the same)
Poland: up to 3 years
Portugal: 6 months - 5 years
Romania: 6 months - 5 years
Russia: unknown penalty
Slovakia: 6 months - 3 years
Spain: 4-8 years
Switzerland: up to 3 years

use a canadian proxy, deny the holocaust, instant legal ramifications this comment posted for satirical purposes only :^)

They can only hire so many lawyers.

You misunderstand me. I think this is good. I'm not as optimistic as hotwheels seems to be, but even if this blows over it certainly isn't good for reddit, which is a good thing.

How do you just "lose" the ability to do that? I thought it was just a disclaimer you could slap on your page

This is the important bit. The kikes generally don't bother to sue random users nowadays; they stick to targeting companies, since those need to have money and stay on the law's good side to operate. Usually they just try to pressure companies to pay them for a "content filter" service, but with Reddit liable for user content, all bets are off. They could easily get pounded with a huge storm of copyright infringement lawsuits.

Based Spain

What of the cases when someone's post here is edited by a BO or a volunteer, for example when removing direct links, or something to make a post comply with the board rules? Doesn't that count?

Based my ass, Spain is little more than a Moroccan colony by now

No, because those people don't own the site.

How fucking disgusting.

God bless the founders of the USA who foresaw bullshit like this and wrote us a great constitution despite the kikes effort to destroy every piece of it.

There are actually relatively few Muslims there.

So the CEO dun goofed and fucked reddit over hard because he's a butthurt faggot? Or is this unrelated to the post editing?

It's actually not illegal to deny the Holocaust in Spain. It used to be, it isn't any more. It is illegal, however, to justify or defend it. So if you say 'The Holocaust didn't happen' you'd be fine. If you say 'The Holocaust didn't happen, but it should have' that might land you in prison

Pretty much

I lived in Spain for years as i am half spanish, moors were not as everywhere as you make it out to be.

Do they actually lose this protection, though? I can't imagine the kike courts doing that.

Probably nothing will ever come of it.

Wow, Sweden No?

They're such cucks that they're not fighting even for Israel.

Dubs of hard reality.

I'll explain this as easily as I can. First a few terms: 1)Any defamatory statement that is anything other than unrecorded spoken words is libel and not slander. If someone calls it slander you can immediately discount what they say as bullshit. 2) I'm going to assume the safe harbor "doctrine" is actually the Communications Decency act.

Liability for defamation changes based on the subject of the defamation. Public Figures are given much less protection than private citizens. Further, defamation must be a false factual assertion. Writing Hillary Clinton is a cunt is never defamatory. Writing Hillary Clinton ordered the murder of Vince Foster could be defamatory if:

1) It is false! True statements can never be defamatory. When discussing a public figure THEY must prove the statement is false. If it's a private figure in a non-public matter, falsity is presumed.

2) A public figure must prove the publisher of the statement KNEW it was false or acted with Reckless Disregard. There is no legal duty to fact check and this is why you see such bullshit written in newspapers about Trump. This does not apply to private figures.

3) A public figure must prove actual monetary damages to their reputation. Just that a false statement was printed isn't enough.

Someone may be liable for defamation if they allow a defamatory statement to stay on their property. In one case a bar owner was held liable for defamation because someone wrote something nasty about a guy's wife on the bathroom stall. The bar owner was made aware of it but did not remove it. He was held to have "published" the statement. Applying this to the internet would have anyone who owned a website liable for defamation pretty quickly. The Communications Decency Act was passed and carves out an exception to the rule for internet websites for providers or users of websites. However, content providers are still liable for what they publish. So if a website owner or user is held to be a "content provider" they do not have the same protection from the "publishing" rule.

Someone wishing to sue reddit for libel, even if reddit is held to be a "content provider" and not granted protection from the "publishing" requirement still has an extremely tough case to make.

This isn't everything but should give a decent understanding of how it works in the US.

But user, they are going to halfchan.

Thank you lawyer negro.

2016 ISN'T OVER

WE'RE GOING TO KILL REDDIT

This is important. RAID REDDIT NOW. Holocaust as many subreddits as you can by being a total nazi. Maybe we can get Reddit knee deep in shit with the law.

That must be fore really specific denial of the holocaust because they're quite anti-semetic.

hahahah no they fucking aren't
Almost everyone there is bluepilled cuck that hates nationalism

You can get a 1k bill in Finland for saying that, but I guess by the countries in red you mean prison time?

They will go to voat.co
Worst case 4chan.org

Every time there looks like a lot of people are going to move to voat it gets ddosed into the ground.

archive.fo/tBCUa

I expect more of this. they were absolutely btfo online with the Brexit and MAGA campaigns.

you need to go back

this
let them burn

Arguably a case could be brought in the UK under our libel tourism practices.

Would have been nice to have this happen when the shit really kicked off with Pao. If we could find something like this with twitter, especially with their bullshit safe space team, it would be great.

That would be truly poetic. Please let this happen Kek

voat is their #1 choice. It looks similar so it's comfy for them. All voat needs is one major exodus and they're big time.

reddit is caught in a catch22 - if it keeps (over)moderating content, then it is liable for everything posted. if it doesn't want to be liable for content, then it can no longer be a SJW-commie rag

its fucking beautiful

slander/libel corporations/products, not holohoax/jews. That'll get them into Court and you don't have to rely on the lazy fucking government

kek

Good!

Bring Reddit to its knees. It's the last bastion of SWPL's on the internet. Take it from them.

Riddle me this faggots? If Russia is so based how come it's illegal to say the holocaust didn't happen?

Does it, now? How very interesting.

Any chance this could happen to 8ch?

t. illiterate though concerned european

Nope

Worth a different perspective.

tomatobubble.com/ukraine_nationalists.html

A 'safe harbour' just means you are 100% free from liability - but being outside of it does not necessarily mean you are liable, it just means you are back to the place of having to prove being a distributor.

Of course, if you are altering user's posts then you are no longer a distributor, but a contributor, and, in theory, you just re-classified yourself as a liable party for purposes of direct accountability for the content posted by 3rd parties.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

REDDIT CAN NOW GET SUED BECAUSE THEY ARE NOW LEGALLY LIABLE FOR EVERY USER MADE COMMENT ON THE SITE, SINCE THE (((ADMINS))) STARTED EDITING USERS POSTS

SHILL REDDIT HARD, WITH COMMENTS THAT WILL GET THEM A LAWSUIT, ALL BETS ARE OFF

LETS KILL THAT FUCKING SHITHOLE ONCE AND FOR ALL

ITS HAPPENING

Perhaps something to do with the fact that Germans entered Russia, destroyed shit, got BTFO.

Once someone does that to your country, you don't:

1) say your enemy was misunderstood and actually OK

2) say your epic win against them should not be celebrated

3) claim that foreign invaders were morally justified in destroying your country

Duh

This, pretty much. Defeating Germany was really prestigious for Russia (especially they were considered third-rate fighting force before WW2), so they want to capitalise on it as much as possible.

This TBH Lads

I doubt Putin knows abiut CIA controlled nationalist groups.

Isn't Putin an Anti-Communist? Why would he focus on Communist era Russia? How come saying that the Soviet's atrocities were justified doesn't warrant a penalty? Why is Russia considered "based" then?

Good idea.

Peter Thiel, I know you're in this thread.

It's on.

2016 NEVER ENDS

noice funs and dubs you got there. Consider them checked.

Anybody do anything crazy yet? Then what, alert the authorities that someone on reddit said jet fuel can't melt dank memes? How exactly does this work?

CURRENT YEAR IS THE BEST YEAR
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE
REV UP THE MEME MACHINES

This is perfect. This is exactly what I wanted out of a Trump administration.

These fuckers pretend to be a common carrier while censoring the shit out of us. Time to pay the fucking piper, cunts.

Because the usual revisionist explanation for where the holocaust accounts came from is that it was Russian intelligence spreading black propaganda to distract from their own war crimes like the Katyn Massacre.

If the revisionists are correct, then the truth could be found in Russian archives and it would be awkward for the Russians to admit a continuing cover-up.

Capped. It truly is perfect justice.

board owners and mods are just users.

HW and friends where smart enough to learn the laws.

The Redditfag crossed the line and then went on record that he did it.

Wew.

It's not the current year, anymore.

Because they had a large hand in inventing it back when they were ruthless commies. Hard to get an entire nation to swallow the black pill that something so central to their cultural identity was all a lie.

Nah, brah. Shitpost on there under your real name with the intent of getting defamed, and sue them yourself.

Fuck, maybe get a bunch of anons to do it all at once and make it a class action.

We can get rich and bankrupt them at the same time!

Killing Reddit might not be a very bright idea.

If you're successful, where do you think they'll go?

Yeah.

obligatory
>redditspacing

You're trying so hard to fit in, how cute.

Thanks for the (You)'s

Who wants to file a class-action lawsuit against Reddit?

What happened to all the turks we used to have and the "speciality item" they always used to post. Would be funny to send a bunch of them there and get fucking leddit sued, since the Turk gvt doesn't give a shit (at least they never used to before coup).

so, I should post "the CEO of Microsoft just murdered 6 million jews by throwing a toaster oven into a pool at a batmizvah" and reddit is screwe?

the other normie shitshows
Digg, buzzfeed and Pinterest?

Never. And you should kill yourself if you have any of that shit.

Get the fuck over yourself, realise the vast majority of redditors don't even know this site exists. Just because we got mentioned in four or five new articles doesn't mean we're mainstream.

Checked. Please see

*news

Checked and seconded.

I thought about that too, but tbh vols sometimes change comments here as well. Although it's usually just something appended

Just get the NSA to do it, I hear their CP stash is pretty stacked these days.

So I guess the vols are just users. Although I don't think any of us really know who the vols are, which ones are sockpuppets, and which ones might be sockpuppets of somebody that could be considered ownership

They'll go to anywhere but here you dingus. Hell, maybe even that .pl board.

I got a plan to take them down, and put them in jail.

We Silkroad them.
reddit.com/r/DarkNetDeals/

This community (and hundreds more like it seen in the side panel) has been allowing people to safely deal drugs the same way Silkroad does. Reddit has done nothing to stop these communities. As they are now liable, there in fact can be a class action lawsuit against the government if they don't treat Reddit the same way they treated Silkroad for allowing drug trading AND being responsible for it.

Start archiving the darknet places in their sidebar. We can build evidence and take them down.
archive.is/AnPVd

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)

Read up fuckers, this is textbook definition the same as what silkroad was doing once you remove safe harbor laws and put the responsibility on the site owners.

pastebin.com/tQ0ANfHz
Here's some archives of the posts from that subreddit.

Also reddit.com/r/fakeid

and if someone posts CP on Holla Forums, gawker is responsible