What year did people realize it was just a mediocre action flick with incredible special effects?

What year did people realize it was just a mediocre action flick with incredible special effects?

Patricians have always known that, only Alien, Alien 3 and now recently Prometheus were kinos with artistic merit in this series. Resurrection was actually pretty okay for a film written by Whedon but it was trash too. Aliens is pure 80s garbage and have stood the test of time very poorly. Basically it's one of the reddit favourites because of how bad it is.

When did people realize that Alien is a shit franchise that coasted for years on Giger's art?

ALIENS > ALIEN

DEAL WITH IT PLEBS

It's pretty good but not as kino as Alien

Alien 3 was pretty and had some neat ideas but let's be real now.

kys

Watch the assembly cut.

Plotfag pls leave.

>>>/reddit/

Prometheus was a loathsome abomination and only retards would consider it part of the canon.

AvP was better than Prom.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot, neckbeard, you've just proved to be a complete pleb. Stay away from film and stick to comic books.

Prometheus was pure garbage, only some gay contrarians like Holla Forums would like that shit

Get outta here Scott/Lindelof.

Promtheus had no redeeming qualities at all. It was fucking shite.

Alien was too good that a sequel that followed it would never reach its greatness. So Cameron just made it an action film.

Alien is simply the best by a mile.

You have no argument, "it is bad" is not a criticism. Now why is it that you're not more specific? I believe that it's because you know the only thing you have to offer is a kike cucklasa nitpick about the plot.

But in terms of a kino, as a motion picture which most important qualities lie in the visual storytelling, cinematography, acting, score and in science fiction's case particularly audio, you have nothing to say. These were all great if not amazing in Prometheus. It was a kino that really made you think and not in the meme way, it was hauntingly beautiful and most important of all it prodded the viewer.

Mike the kike enjoyed the film moron.
prometheus was a massive disappointment on all levels. Pretty CGI couldn't save it.

People will list some problems and you will just call it "autistic nitpicking" like you did in this post here:

That's not my post, lad.

Mike was appeased by the interracial stuff.

Alien and Aliens are both good. Alien3 was not as good as it could've been, Resurrection was a bit shit. Aliens, honestly speaking was not a proper sequel, more of a spinoff.

Kino Tier
Alien
Predator

Good Tier
Aliens

Watchable / Okay Tier
Alien 3
Alien Vs. Predator

JUST Fuck My Franchise Up Tier
Alien: Ressurection
Predator 2
Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem

Expanded Universe Shit Tier
Predators
The Predator (2018)
Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Awakening (2018)
Alien 8 (TBC)
Alien 9 (TBC)
Alien 10 (TBC)

how do you classify movies that aren't even there yet?

pretty much agree with this list

Seconding this.
I'd probably rename the last one Alternate Universe Shit Tier

List some problems not related to the plot following slasher movie tropes at points. Like can you criticise it as a film?

Let me give you an example of what I mean. You can say that Stalker is a slow and longwinded film, or you could ask why they went into the zone if it was so dangerous and say that nobody you know talk like the characters do and that makes it shit. One of the two is useful when you discuss it as a film, the other just cements your autism.

You're the one that's paranoid and thinks everyone who disagree with you is one and the same guy.

Come on, at least have the balls to admit it.

Agreed except AVP1 should be moved down to JUST tier, its incredibly boring and uninteresting to watch.

You have the same posting style, either its you or all the "le kino XD" faggots type exactly the same

I would if it was me honestly.

You have the same posting style as the goon, goon.

I realized it when I watched it in like 2006

swing and a miss kid, want to try again?

Predator 2 should be in Okay tier

Pure goonpost tbh.

Just predictions. They might end up being fantastic, but I doubt it because they are part of a 'Cinematic Universe' which puts them on the level of capeshit, starshit, transformers etc.

Cinematic universes are designed to churn out sequels and spin offs anually or bi-annually and so the end product is generally shit. Disney started it, but Sony, Paramount, FOX, Warner Bros and Universal now all want a piece and are commissioning new franchises with five films off the bat, there is no room for art in such a churned out business model.

It's commendable for taking a retarded concept and making it work but yeah, it's borderline.

I don't think it's as bad as """""""""critics"""""""" say, bold of them to take it to an urban setting but I can't fucking stand Gary Busey, which is why I put it there.

Aye.

Remove yourself from the genepool asap.

he's right tho. what is it with all these losers coming to defend this crap. you boys getting payed by the reply or something?

Aliens was Kino. Fuck off back to reddit

I would actually say it was good

>>>/reddit/

you're wasting your time with these people, user. These are the same aspies that would drone on endlessly about "plot holes" in Prometheus. I remember many many posts on Holla Forums listing "plot holes" as one of the main things wrong with the film. They would go on to list things that absolutely weren't plot holes.

I never bothered to correct them because they were likely just parroting something their favorite yt reviewer was saying. It's really not worth your time.

fixed that for you

Aliens had more iconic scenes than Alien but I think Alien has a better atmosphere than muh space muhrines

>(((Stefan 'one dollar' Molyneux))) meme
Since you are too fucking retarded to see why Prometheus is trash, see

This is bait.
Alien 1 is a slow burning Ridley Scott "lived in universe" style horror film. It's his take on the slasher movie which was popular at the time.

James Cameron said "Fuck that, let's go in there and let's kill those fucking bugs". The blasé attitude of the marines contrasts the experience that Ripley has had before. She has her priorities in order, while everyone else around her repeat the series of events that caused Alien, only this time its worse.

There isn't an Alien movie that has been as highly regarded as Aliens which should tell people something about the series in general.

It's good isn't it. I don't even mind Alien 3 theatrical cut so much either, it will always be truer to Alien than Aliens was.

AVP Requiem was by far the worst

Predator 2 is good.

Aliens is garbage. The action scenes are badly directed because you're very rarely showed what the soldiers are firing at, the plot and story are your boring generic James Cameron's favorite ebil rich futuristic companies cliche, the set design is inferior to Alien 1 despite being made on higher budget, and the characters are dull roughnecks: feminist wet dream edition. Did you see the armored car? It looked like literal cardboard boxes cobbled together.

Starship Troopers > Doom >>> Aliens, this is the only non-reddit ranking.

its fine if your lying to us user, but dont lie to yourself.

get a load of this hothead, predator 2 is kino as fuck and far better than avp. any film with bill paxton is automatically gold.

c'mon fam, i enjoyed prometheus as well but it had serious shit writing.

No, it decently written, the only reason you thought everyone acted stupid was because so much got lost in editing. Don't blame the writer for what the hackfraud editor did. Watch the deleted scenes and it makes sense.

It was about as decently written as your post.
Put on the dunce cap, Damon.

which part?

Kino tier
Alien 3

Film tier
Alien

Flick tier
Aliens Prometheus Alien Covenant Alien Resurrection

When they realized that Alien is basically a bad copy of 2001 with feminism and a cruel enemy that's literally a dickhead and is born by bursting out of the belly of the victim.
Everything in this franchise is shit. It's made for women to hate men.

Wew
Any movie that has special effect praised the most is a shit movie.

yeah that's why I said it was mediocre, did you read the OP?

What's an outstanding action flick, OP?

And I was saying that even the special effects were shit.

Alien was just a slasher flick in space.

People thinking it was more gave Ridley delusions of grandeur with Prometheus.

pretty sure the bad guy in that movie was the jew. but irrational people will always hate that which they are jealous of.

at the end of the day,
water no get enemy.