Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with regulated recreational narcotics

Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with regulated recreational narcotics.
There are anons here who would say otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Park
stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/rat-park/
strawpoll.me/10898184
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It should be an inalienable right that people should be able to take and manufacture whatever drugs they want because otherwise is to legislate our own bodies, which is a violation of personal liberty.

I know you were trying to bait some mates but even though drugs can have horrible effects on the body, it's not the government's job to prevent people from hurting themselves.

yes

There is no liberty when using drugs, just as there is no liberty under capitalism.

Just because you do it voluntarily it doesn't mean it won't slave you, you can't have any significant choice if you are hooked to cocaine.

Drugs damage you, your loved ones, and the whole society, stay clean!

Recreational drugs: For when alcohol just doesn't keep the proles in that sweet demotivated stupor it used to

when they are legalized people use them less so this argument is not valid.

More importantly though, people die from them less and are more likely to seek treatment.

Unregulated would be better

If I burn down your opium fields I'm violating your body? Are you stoned right now?

Dogmatic drivel. Your decision making is compromised when addicted or high, but the choice is not. Liberty is having choices, not making the right decision.
But staying clean is not bad advice.

I'm pretty sure I actually read some shit like this written by Mussolini to try and argue how fascism "liberates" people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Park
stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/rat-park/

liberated from the struggle of thinking about shit, sounds nice, like I dunno.. herion or something.

Having some drinks with friends is just awful though

imo all drugs should be legal except weed

You talking about addiction?
Mostly what I've learned from my extensive experience with drugs is that addiction as a psychological phenomenon has essentially nothing to do with drugs themselves and everything to do with attitudes and trained behavior patterns. A lot of people buy things impulsively, buy junk or buy things they never use and soon tire of because they like the feelings of liberation, disinhibitation and bringing closer the illusory promise of satisfying wants that such consumption brings. Others game heavily to escape, secure enjoyment and validate the ability to enjoy, and so on and so on.
I've developed opioid dependency a couple times but this sort of physical equilibrium is just an uncomfortable and inconvenient one to return from. The actual pathology of addiction is so utterly substance-independent it's frightening.

Note: advanced/severe gabaergic dependence (benzodiazepines, barbiturates, alcohol) is a rare exception in that it can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms and detox/dose reduction should be medically supervised

Psychedelics for one are a useful tool I wouldn't want to deny to anyone. NMDA antagonists' long lasting acute effects against various types of "treatment-resistant" depression are promising. The true limiting factor is one of education, the major point beind "legend drugs."

Pathologizing healthy, informed substance use throws the baby out with the bathwater and confuses the issues facing addicts.

fuck off troll

stoner faggots will be shot after the revolution

but not cokeheads or people that do ketamine. There can be no logic to this. You are a troll.

weed is a fascist drug, coke and ketamine aren't

That's a picture of weed. Weed isn't a narcotic…

strawpoll.me/10898184

New strawpoll, comrades

what a totally reasonable and systemic analyzation comrade. 10/10 you get the luxury gulag.

I tend to think the same way. I thought leftists generally agreed with that. Hm.

explanaition needet

Crack is the prole drug

Holla Forums is hardly a good example of the average leftist.

What about caffeine?

Damn, knew i was forgetting a common one

just made it quickly and didn't want to overcrowd it with heaps of drugs

Real question. Are the bourgs who use coke for fun having their lives ruined by it? Are they completely without choice or freedom because of it? Because they seem to have a much easier time getting by while using drugs. Even when they get caught they get assigned to "rehab" instead of prison which I doubt many of them ever really bother with.

Let me ask you something OP: can you ever have a free and willing exchange with a gun to your head?

Suppose that the first time you take drugs, it's perfectly consensual. You know, at least theoretically, what you are getting yourself into. You know what addiction and withdrawal are, you know the statistics, and you know that what you are taking might get you addicted. But you acquire and take the narcotic anyway. It can definitely be said that the first transaction is consensual.

But what about the second? You're probably not hooked at the point. The third? The thirty-third? At some point you have the gun of withdrawal pointed at your head. Now while your first acquisition of drugs might have been consensual, at this point you are facing coercion every time you have the urge to buy or not buy drugs in the form of hefty chemical penalties and rewards levied by the substance that you initially bought of your own free will.

At some point the purchase of narcotics ceases to be solely a matter of free will. Outlawing them doesn't solve the problem, but the business of drugs is one that deserves heavy scrutiny regardless of the form it takes.

zero-effort shitposts are a fascist drug

every time

Why shouldn't they be regulated? I don't do heroin, but if I did, I'd feel safer knowing that the shit I'm injecting into me is pure, and wouldn't kill me for any reasons other then an overdose. Also, I don't think I'd mind if the weed I bought came with some regulator's stamp of approval, guaranteeing the amount of TCH and strain.

I'm behind on my memes. I have no idea what that means.