Who/what is the final boss battle of proprietary software?

Who/what is the final boss battle of proprietary software?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman#Events_leading_to_GNU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hardware makers and their embedded firmware you can never change.

It is me. Defeat me and you will be the master of proprietary software.

My bet is on MS and Jewtel. They're pushing proprietary hardware, UEFI, TPM, (((Trusted Computing))), SGX, DRM, (((cloud computing))), (((Internet of Things))), etc.

Printer drivers are the alpha and omega of evil. The battle is not over until we can reflash most consumer trash with FOSS firmware that implements standard postscript interfaces, reports ink levels honestly, and doesn't print yellow tracking microdots

This, I don't think there is a single FOSS firmware for printers out there.

printers

I think, it's somewhere on the coast of Dead Sea. Most insane proprietary crap existing in this world coincidentally originates from that land.

Stallman was the final boss all along

Stallman is probably a corporate plant himself. Seeing as all he's done since he's founded the GNU project is try to sabotage its reputation to normalfags by being a disgusting autistic commie

Daily reminder that firmware that isn't modified and update in normal practise is as good as hardware. Tell me, which printer model is it common for users to update the firmware?

printers are also spying on you because they watermark all shit with their unique id

normies don't deserve freedom because they cannot even understand why it's important.

Capitalism is the final boss. Having free (both meanings) everything would be great, but people have to make a living. If that's gone, you will have free everything!

Correct. This is literally how it all started. It's why Richard Stallman started his lifelong quest of freeing the world from proprietary software.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman#Events_leading_to_GNU

In a society without proprietary software, is BSD/MIT stuff allowed or will GPL boys REEEE it out of existence?

We need a "new Stallman."

MIT is not proprietary
MIT has always been slightly more industry suppported but nothing matters until dollars flow

best answer.

MIT doesn't imply free software, there are MIT licensed proprietary software. The nature of the license means you have to inspect the condition for every single title because it is allowed to have proprietary MIT licensed software.

In a society without proprietary software, there would be no need for licenses or any need for copyright tracking. This is how it works for the imageboards that share and modify images all the time without respect to copyright.

Abolition of physical objects because they can't be easily changed.

this

Will he live long enough to see himself become the villain?

oracle