Best with weapons

Why this shit is allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/God_Killer_(Sword)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because he has some sort of Micheal Myers Death god avatar shit going on.

Fank Castle is Marvel Batman first of all. He has contingency plans for contingency plans. It's hard to pin him down. But on top of that, He's basicaly the one Marvel character that doesn't deal with supervillains. Other heroes get clued in on villain plots by unraveling a thread and figuring out their plot, but Frank's "evil plot" always comes down to "I'm going to murder a bunch of niggers/spics/chinks/pedophiles." Anyone that could ever speak about Frank's future plans is dead, and if the no-kill-heroes get a bead on where he is, they recognize that whoever Frank is fighting at that moment is of significantly more importance than Frank himself.

God protects him.

Not sure if I'd go 1:1 on that since he seems a hell of a lot more effective than Bruce.

I meant that in the sense that he has no superpowers, but is one of the biggest badasses in the Marvel universe through sheer determination and planning. If he somehow decided that the Avengers needed to be killed, most people would accept that Frank would find a way to do it.

There was that comic where the Avengers did come after him and he managed to out manuever most of them. He even used Spiderman's webslingers to web up Thor's face but only gave up when Cap showed up.

That was a good run as it gave us a scene where Thor did a logical thing by just sitting down with Frank and talking things out over some beers. It was also showing how hypocritical Spiderman was complaining about Punisher when Wolverine was on the team and standing like 4 inches away from him.

What's the specific run that it happens in?

Realistically a guy with a machine gun should be able to take out most of Marvel's heroes.

Realistically, the police force should be able to defeat most super villains.

This is bullshit and you know it. Normiefaggot scum like him and deathstroke should be murdered.

There's no real benefit to putting Frank in jail since he'd either kill most of the prisoners or get himself killed. The real reason he's allowed to operate freely is because he's too popular to retire as a character, despite being either nerfed or useless outside of his own comics.

Probably Greg Rucka's run

Eddie Brock vs Frank Castle, round 3 when?

Yet Batfag and Rubbin get a pass?

shitty american capeshit comic writing, obviously

What they should really do is have a series of comics when heroes come after Frank, but them trying to stop him ends with civilians dead on accident. Everyone knows Franks will never ever hurt an innocent, so I could imagine heroes refusing to fight him because on the multiple occasions they did try and stop him, innocent people ended up dead that would have otherwise not been hurt.

I'd love to see a comic about some Nu-Marvel shit characters like the Champions went after Frank to try and do some preachy bullshit, but ends up showing their naivety and Frank managing to subdue them. I think Frank is at his best when he's either killing shit tons of small crooks and crime-lords, or when he's sparingly used but pre-52 Batmanesque when he is used.
Probably the thing that allows the Punisher to stay so fresh, beloved and accessible is that you can theoretically drop him anywhere on Earth and have a self-contained story there without needing to explain too much. You can drop in on any Punisher comic and all you really need to know is that prior to this issue he was killing a bunch of guys, and after this issue he will kill a bunch more guys.

How is Deathstroke normiefaggot? He has enhanced strength, speed, reflexes and a bit of a healing factor.

So just like the Boondock Saints.

Not to mention he uses more straight-up high tech crap than either Punisher or Batman.
Plus isn't his sword magical or something?

I don't know if his sword had any magical powers. I thought it was just a sword.

The Punisher is the only real hero.

A quick google search shows that, at some point in time, Slade was using a super special awesome magic sword named God Killer. I have no clue if this is his standard sword, however, as comic continuity is known for being dumb and retarded.
dc.wikia.com/wiki/God_Killer_(Sword)

I'd say Frank is best used as a plot device. There's a lot of good Punisher comics and stories, but you only need to read maybe 5 specific comics to fully understand Frank's personality. My favorite Punisher story lines aren't necessarily about Frank, but rather depict him as an unstoppable force of nature. The best Punisher stories aren't usually Frank being a dude that hunts down criminals, the best stories depict Frank as a THING THAT HAPPENS TO BAD PEOPLE.

Have you read the MAX series?

If anyone is discussing The Punisher without having ever read MAX, then they need to be perma-banned. Yes I've read it.

Fair enough. That said, I disagree. Frank is at his best when he's paired up with characters that are a foil to him in some way.

YES, the infallible logic of The Punisher vs Batfag, the crime fighting pussy.

Has Fury been replaced with Diversity Fury in 616 yet?

Kinda of. In the clusterfuck that was Original Sin, Nick murdered the Watcher and was forced to become his replacement as punishment. Now he's The Unseen.

Nick Jr is getting an ongoing this month written by James Robinson

That's pretty broad, so I guess, most of the famous ones are either bullet proof or have superhuman reflexes and/or speed.

If you kill a murderer, the number of murderers goes down, I mean, unless killing him would count as murder?

I like frank, even though he's edgy

Didn't Original Sin reveal that there were multiple Nick Furys over the years and the 1st Fury took over as watcher?

Doesn't Frank have a special gun that he symbolically keeps just one bullet in so that he can eventually an hero to atone for his sins?

I don't remember what that's from, but I remember that being a thing.

I much prefer the version of Frank that feels so little remorse for his actions he's unaffected by Ghost Rider's penance stare.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. He can acknowledge that he's a criminal and a killer and, by his own credo, needs to be put down eventually, without actually regretting his choices one bit

How come I feel if Frank were to ever die then you'd see a group of copycats rise up?

Because that was the ending to Punisher Max

You know I just realized for all the times I read MAX I haven't finished it.

Huh didn't know that. I just had that idea for an alternate future where Mayday Parker is around and Punisher vigilante groups rise up after Punisher's death.

Technically it was more like there's this title called the man on the wall. The man on the wall is a person who protects earth from weird shit. So once Fury became the Watcher Winter Soldier took his place as the Man on the wall.

To be specific, it's not copycat vigilantes. The citizens of New York themselves decide that without Frank around, they'll go fuck up the shithead criminals themselves.

Why do people care about Frank when Nick Fury is just a better version then him?

Punisher is edgier in every way.

Folks kept calling him a badass yet Wolverine's faggot son managed to slice him up into pieces (sure he came back as the amazingly awesome FrankenCastle)…and this guy can kill every hero in the Marvel universe?

He apparently can also do it while they're super powered cannibals. He's a broken gary stu character that edgelords love.

Never saw Punisher as Marvel's Batman. Always saw him as the Marvel version of Paul Kersey from the Death Wish films.

Like was said earlier in the thread, Punisher wins with prep time as if he we Batman. If someone gets to him first, or surprises him due to whatever reason, he can get his ass kicked.

Also the fucking FrankenCastle thing was retarded.

Only in Garth Ennis' wank-fantasy.

He's the secret to comics: Power-scaling is bullshit. The author of a comic always decides the winner out of who they like more.

I could imagine him doing it,maybe, but he'd need to do it over the course of like 30-40 years and not have his hideout found the whole time.

I get the point you're making but that scene was fucking retarded. Ghost Rider's penance stare would be fucking useless if it worked that way.

I agree, Frank works very well when depicted as something that happen, not someone that comes. Several of my favorite Punisher comics aren't even from Frank's perspective, they're from the perspective of either people witnessing The Punisher, or trying to avoid having The Punisher happen.

I think that's why modern writers really sturggle to write Frank. He doesn't need character development, he doesn't need huge explanations, he just happens. I'd love to see more comics where The Punisher is presented as what Batman is supposed to be, an ominous force that eventually snuffs out particular criminals. A comic where it shows a bunch of irredeemable crooks who get their characters developed and their origins examined, but they're running from the Punisher and eventually they all get done in.

Agreed.

Here's an idea: A new line of Punisher comics only ever from the perspective of criminals/bystanders. Instead of calling it "The Punisher," call it "Punishment."
I'd love to read more stories from the perspective of some little girl Frank is keeping safe as he brutalizes everyone around her, kind of like the Lost Children arc in Berserk, but do it multiple times.

The only good character development I've ever seen someone give Frank is in Punisher MAX when Bullseye figured out why he was in the park with his family on the day they got shot. Everything else has been a retarded attempt at making him "more likable" which generally defeats his purpose.

I like this idea.

I fucking love punisher. He's a badass war vet thats an actual vigilante, he deals with everything that regular people can't either because of skill or legal limitations. His personal motto or rules are just kill criminals and win. As far as long term effects go he's one of the best at saving people. No one targeted by Frank castle ever hurts anyone ever again. Because they're too goddamn dead.

Did that Thunderbolts series with him and Venom and Deadpool and whoever else ever get good? I remember people saying it improved after Way left.

Ehh it was very very hit or miss. Mostly miss.

I still have to finish it, I got to the part where Ghost Rider joins the team and put it down for a little. The dynamic between the members is okay but I can see where everyone feels it falls flat. The part where they were looking for that crime boss in the middle of an alien invasion felt pretty meh.

That would be The Shadow.

Anyone can kill the marvel universe if they find enough maguffins

The Punisher is already very likeable. He's not the nicest, but you can't help but respect what he does.

Hell, at least The Shadow made sense. The guy had a lot of assistants from informants to guys who ran communications. Frank Castle however is someone I can't really see work..not since he iced Microchip. Who he got left? Soap? His lady friends, who mostly end up dead anyways? Like how do Frank got the money for ammo, kevlar, medical treatment…and gas for his van?

He does steal a lot of drug dealers' money.
Out of necessity, he's half standover man, what we call in Australia a "toecutter", and what the British call a "villain", a violent criminal who steals from thieves, con-men, dealers, pimps and other criminals who aren't quite as capable in violence. The individual standover man is a kind of transitional phase before organised mobs and syndicates, but then Frank isn't interested in organisation, and most of his standover jobs end with the mark quite dead, so he's more of a cut and burn operator compared to the average toecutter being more like a farmer gathering a crop.

I think the MAX series went into a bit more detail on that, but it's there most of the time. Frank not only steals resources from the criminals he guns down, he also has a network of informants and minor allies, like old war buddies that are willing to help him score guns and ammo or drop by to give him medical treatment. It's also implied/outright stated every now and then that the police just let him do his thing because he saves them a lot of time, money and work every time he goes out to gun down nigger criminals, plus he keeps the collateral damage to a minimum.

They honestly should get more stories together.

Frank actually is alive, super old but active, in MC2. He dies in his only appearance though.

because hes Coldsteel the hedgeheg BUT taken seriously instead of a living joke.