archive.fo/VPCDt
archive.fo/x64Uz

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/elections/results/president
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

just like the delegates?

I'm tired of this rerun

That's how it goes sometimes. Six electors won't make any difference, though. As for the states making legal requirements, well, civil disobedience is a thing. As a matter of fact, civil disobedience built this country.

But I wouldn't worry about it. You mention the Madison/Clinton thing … guess who was elected anyway. (hint: George Clinton was never President) So, let them have their fun. In the end it won't matter, just like any protest.

low-brow disinfo

Do you even know the electors are being threatened daily and oathkeepers are volunteering to watch their houses because LE doesn't give a shit? This along with the new TRS meme that Trump is a Nazi hurr durr will make them change their votes.

this

im tired of hearing about this garbage

Trump fucking won get over it

Electors have always been threatened in some way. Hell, the Electors in 2008 were threatened hard-core to prevent them from "electing a nigger". In every election in US history, the results have always made someone extremely buttmad.

Wow.

Not to mention, the guillotines would be setup by cops and military for any EC members who don't represent their state and undermine the republic because of communist cry baby brats.

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOUR JIMMIES STILL RUSTLED???? GROW UP FAGGOT

HOL UP
Same Clinton family? Back in early 1800's?

Three weeks ago:
Today:

Uh, I'm just explaining how things could go. Turn off the red text, faggot.

Another one of these fucking stupid threads. Do you have any goddamn clue how the system works? Here, I'll even use autismo red caps to make it easier for you to process, with reddit spacing and all!

TRUMP ALREADY GOT THE PRESIDENTIAL TALK WHERE HE'S REVEALED SEVERAL STATE SECRETS ONLY THE PRESIDENT AND HIS CLOSE CIRCLE ARE ALLOWED TO KNOW

CAN YOU EVEN FUCKING BEGIN TO GRASP THE MASSIVE CLUSTERFUCK IT WOULD BE IF A >>>CIVILIAN

Trump had a meeting with Obama, but state secrets weren't divulged and won't be divulged until after the Electors vote on 12/19. That's been standard practice since the days of Washington/Adams. The Electors, not the people, pick the President.

I'm thinking maybe you need to learn how the system works before you go spewing red text all over the place.

NO

Fuck your concern trolling bullshit nigger

TRUMP WON, YOU LOST

They want to make themselves unemployed for a "statement"? How big of a hillshill do you even have to be to do this?

I wasn't running for President. Also, it's not concern trolling. It's just stating a fact. The Electors could change their minds and/or go against State law. If you don't think that's possible, then you haven't been paying attention.

You need to calm your tits.

Calm down, sperg. The important part is that they want to change how the EC system works. It says so in the OP. They know it won't change the results of the election, they just want to rig the system for next election so that urban populations have a stronger vote than rural populations.

At least, that's my guess, since my admittedly basic knowledge of the Electoral College is that it's there to make sure heavily populated cities can't steamroll an election. And we all know how cities tend to vote

Electors aren't "employed". Hell, they're not even paid. They're delegates that were elevated to Elector status by votes at the various State Conventions. They vote on 12/19 and are no longer Electors on 12/20 regardless.

Hypothetically, if they had three weeks ago, the majority of people would've said

Hypothetically if they do it now, the response will be.
>You motherfucker, Trump won. Grab the torches and pitchforks.

At this point, trying anything shady would be guaranteed to start Civil War 2

Don't assume that people on the right don't risk their jobs and/or personal freedom to take a civil disobedient stand.

Remember Kim Davis?

Discuss. The current path of Trump has its benefits (deportation of criminal illegals, a wall, etc.), but the possibility of letting (((TPTB))) steal it all from us is pretty tantalizing.

I don't think that the people would rise up. We would see lots of indignation and "Democrats are the real racist!" voters come closer to NatSoc, but as long as the bread and circuses keep going, no one will actually do anything.

This. People have done fuck all about all the illegal bullshit Obongo, Bush and other presidents have done. They will grumble and keep working.
I hate being so blackpilled

good luck I guess?

Even with a successful rigging of the electoral college they'd still have to win over a republican congress which hates Hillary's guts.

This is what happens when you burn through all of your political capital by being an unrepentant cunt. Eventually you end up in a situation where you don't have as many friends as you'd like.

Find something else to kvetch about

You made that up, they're already giving him the book

I would hate rape her

THE DELEGATES, DAHNALD
Ain't gonna happen, lads
concern shillery
They're already briefing him on top secret info.

Why don't you find yourself a good woman instead of angling for Cenk's sloppy second's?

When does these electies conveen to elect? I understand that there is no real thread unless democrats WANT to loose a civil war. But its getting tiresome to watch Holla Forums think that they still have the slightest of attack point. So when is it over with another one of their dilusions?

These people really are trash, and they really do need to die.
As does politico, for putting forth this utter nonsense as though its worthy of attention.

That said, the only reason these "Democratic" electors have the balls to do this is because they know they will fail - there's no way they have the balls to risk everything on signaling.

Trump won. Its over. Deal with it.

You could just stop watching leftypol.

Its true.

Voter fraud is CONCEALED, it wouldn't be so obvious what was transpiring.
This electoral college shit? Nooope, it'd be blatantly obvious what transpired - and they'd be lynched.

Its kinda hard when they make theese threads on Holla Forums daily. I understand that this particular thread is probably made by an honest to God Holla Forumsack. But there has been multiple threads like this every day since election. With even less substance. When does the elctoral college meet and vote?

Well judging just by what I've seen ITT, it looks like 12/19.

And don't worry about the leftypol threads. It's just another form of tasty salt.

lel

Thanks! Im looking forward. Its not the salt im worried about. Its just that the same flavor of salt is clocking up 2 - 3 thread slots a day. Slots that could be spend on Jimmy Carters reaction to this election, and stuff. New flavors.

SLOW AND STEADY DON SLOW AND STREADY

Yes. One member of the family ran for President of the U.S. against George Washington.
They are an ancient political dynasty (in American terms) and their throne has and will always be NYC.

We had this bullshit defeatist shill thread like 40 times. Fuck off.

So its happened in the past already, and in favor of a Clinton

Any faithless electors are going to have to go into hiding, and then move far away from the state they represent and any future hope of a career in politics. The electorate has access to their personal info and addresses. They'll either be ruined, or swinging from a rope.

If Trump died before December 19 then the electors could pick somebody else.

Otherwise the only person who could sway a large number of Republican electors to switch from Trump would be Cruz since he worked behind the scenes to get his own people installed in many states as electors regardless of Trump's wins.

With Trump now seeming to screw his voters by back-peddling on his campaign promises, he's going to look like a fool crying "mandate" if the Electoral college screws him.

Choice 1 or 2

Elector College is good - then they can scramble and a coalition of Democrats and 39 Republicans can give the presidency to whoever they choose regardless of the popular vote.

Electoral College is Bad - Trump lost the popular vote and should not be president, give it to Hilldog.

Only one choice, you can't be pro-electoral college and then try to rob them of their right to vote as they see fit.

This should be fun. President Trump might not have much power, but Emperor Trump of the American Revolutionary Army certainly would.

Yeah you can, it's called will to power you dumb faggot. Whatever gets our guy in is the best.

Reality: The Electoral College is a largely ceremonial vote kept in check by various faithless-elector laws and the threat of violence if electors vote against their state's choice. Both parties knew the rules of the electoral college long before they began their campaigns, and acted appropriately. The Democrats failed to achieve victory under the rules they knew and abided by for decades, making their advantage in the popular vote irrelevant.

lol. Keep eating up media lies.

The real reality is that Trump isn't even "president elect" at this point because the electors are the only votes for president that count at all under the Constitution.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of choosing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;–The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President,….

Reported.

Are you like 8 years old?

reported

Are you literally from Reddit omg

Negative - restriction on locality in terms of the popular vote.
That's the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT of the electoral college, you dipshit, to reduce from general popular vote to localized regional popular vote, to avoid urbanite centers dominating everyone else - if not for the electoral college, the vast majority of the country's vote would be totally meaningless.

See above.

Yes, actually, you can.

The electoral college is a ceremonial vote because we already know the outcome, you retard. That's why everyone calls Trump the President Elect- even though he technically is not- ,and why people like you buttblasted beyond all compare. The electors will never change their vote for reasons that I have stated already. The game is up, even if it isn't official.

You're a brainless twit. Re-read what I wrote.

They won't try to give it to Hillary, they'd go with some cuck like Paul Ryan

Keep talk confidently about things you know nothing about, you blithering idiot.

Reported for cuckchan.

no salt for you

What chance does Trump have of not being elected, then, professor? Put a number on it.

Wrong, it's never over till it's over, you miserable shit head.

Zero, because electors are surely braindead people who have no concept of the consequences of betraying the electorate :^)

it's over, ctr
just get ready to be suicided by shillary

We have IDs here. Replying twice won't make your argument any more convincing.

It's over. Drown yourself in semen.

When the process was created it was meant for the electors to override a bad decision (angle they're going for with Trump). However it was understood people would also vote for the electors. Now that they're appointed, I doubt it would hold up even if they tried.

Risk 1: Trump could die
Risk 2: 39 Republican electors could join with the Democrats to pick somebody liberal
Risk 3: Trump pisses off the elector who are part of his base and they abstain from voting
Risk 4: mix of 270 electors go rogue

You don't celebrate until you've actually sunk the putt.

Spot the butthurt leftist

Nah, you just had a shit argument fam.

The point of the electoral college is that generalized national popular vote would disenfranchise huge swathes of the electorate, the remedy to this being to reduce instead to localized popular voting, with electors (who really should be little more than place-holders) providing their locality's electoral votes.

If the electors are NOT merely placeholders, if they can dismiss the localized popular vote on a whim, then its not longer even representative voting - the so-called representatives have no (legal) accountability.

You're acting like a Jew and arguing the letter of the law vs the spirit, much like the Jews behind this bullshit push to try and get the electors to NOT act like placeholders but instead to "vote their conscience".

Forgot my pic.

Are you drunk?
I quoted the Constitution above. Trying reading it. Better yet, log off and go make some money by renting your head out as air compressor.

I asked you to put a percent chance on that. You can't even give me a ballpark, so I'll help you. Choice 1 or 2
Only one choice. And I'll feel free to celebrate whenever I want, faggot.

see:

then:
fuck off

we need to find out exactly which states follow this law, because trump has 21 states, while clinton has 21. more than likely they're split amongst the two, but if by some crazy fucking chance trump had all 29, his EC votes wouldn't budge an inch.

if it didn't happen with dubya in 2000, who had the absolute minimum of electoral votes required and lost the popular vote and on top of that voter fraud accusations, it's not going to happen with Trump
gtfo

Trump has 30 states plus Maine's 2nd congressional district, retard

Trump is acting like he's already won, so he's already screwing his base, already pissing away his mandate like he can afford to - but he can't. That just leaves the door open for the EC to screw him out of the vote and Trump say, "I won" but they will say, "You lied" and he will have egg on his face and deserve to lose.

Congress shall be in session on the sixth day of January succeeding every meeting of the electors. The Senate and House of Representatives shall meet in the Hall of the House of Representatives at the hour of 1 o’clock in the afternoon on that day, and the President of the Senate shall be their presiding officer. Two tellers shall be previously appointed on the part of the Senate and two on the part of the House of Representatives, to whom shall be handed, as they are opened by the President of the Senate, all the certificates and papers purporting to be certificates of the electoral votes, which certificates and papers shall be opened, presented, and acted upon in the alphabetical order of the States, beginning with the letter A; and said tellers, having then read the same in the presence and hearing of the two Houses, shall make a list of the votes as they shall appear from the said certificates; and the votes having been ascertained and counted according to the rules in this subchapter provided, the result of the same shall be delivered to the President of the Senate, who shall thereupon announce the state of the vote, which announcement shall be deemed a sufficient declaration of the persons, if any, elected President and Vice President of the United States, and, together with a list of the votes, be entered on the Journals of the two Houses. Upon such reading of any such certificate or paper, the President of the Senate shall call for objections, if any. Every objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received. When all objections so made to any vote or paper from a State shall have been received and read, the Senate shall thereupon withdraw, and such objections shall be submitted to the Senate for its decision; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall, in like manner, submit such objections to the House of Representatives for its decision; and no electoral vote or votes from any State which shall have been regularly given by electors whose appointment has been lawfully certified to according to section 6 of this title from which but one return has been received shall be rejected, but the two Houses concurrently may reject the vote or votes when they agree that such vote or votes have not been so regularly given by electors whose appointment has been so certified. If more than one return or paper purporting to be a return from a State shall have been received by the President of the Senate, those votes, and those only, shall be counted which shall have been regularly given by the electors who are shown by the determination mentioned in section 5 of this title to have been appointed, if the determination in said section provided for shall have been made, or by such successors or substitutes, in case of a vacancy in the board of electors so ascertained, as have been appointed to fill such vacancy in the mode provided by the laws of the State; but in case there shall arise the question which of two or more of such State authorities determining what electors have been appointed, as mentioned in section 5 of this title, is the lawful tribunal of such State, the votes regularly given of those electors, and those only, of such State shall be counted whose title as electors the two Houses, acting separately, shall concurrently decide is supported by the decision of such State so authorized by its law; and in such case of more than one return or paper purporting to be a return from a State, if there shall have been no such determination of the question in the State aforesaid, then those votes, and those only, shall be counted which the two Houses shall concurrently decide were cast by lawful electors appointed in accordance with the laws of the State, unless the two Houses, acting separately, shall concurrently decide such votes not to be the lawful votes of the legally appointed electors of such State. But if the two Houses shall disagree in respect of the counting of such votes, then, and in that case, the votes of the electors whose appointment shall have been certified by the executive of the State, under the seal thereof, shall be counted. When the two Houses have voted, they shall immediately again meet, and the presiding officer shall then announce the decision of the questions submitted. No votes or papers from any other State shall be acted upon until the objections previously made to the votes or papers from any State shall have been finally disposed of.

I'm still waiting for you to make an argument in a non-Semitic fashion… Were you going to be doing that, or were you going to keep doing exactly what I said you were doing, by arguing letter of law vs spirit of law?

The Constitution says nothing of any accountability on behalf of the electors - which is an obvious flaw… However, it says nothing as to the requisite nature of the reduction from popular vote to localized popular vote.

Thus, your whole dichotomy is bullshit - there isn't merely the choice of "electoral college is perfect, therefore absence of democracy is fine, Trump wins!" vs "electoral college is shit, therefore national popular vote is better than localized popular vote, Hillary wins!".
There's much more nuance there.

And I suppose, though they have no legal accountability under the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment thereof provides We, The People, a very clear avenue of applying accountability, legal or otherwise.

fuck off shill, ya lost

You are missing the point. The point is is could happen and the chances of it happening have increased because of Trump's stupid remarks about giving Hillary a free pass.

He has. We've been over this. You still refuse to give me a percentage, and still insist that Trump has abandoned his base despite offering no evidence.

We kill everyone.
We kill them first, then everyone.

stop feeding the trolls, retards

No, it couldn't happen, because these people realize it would start a war.

Legally, the electors are not accountable, you may be correct there… But they would be held accountable by the people, that much is assured - and at this point, attempt at shenanigans would likely cost someone their life, and they know it.

learn to sage

When are they voting?

And where can we find OFFICIAL election results of popular vote? There has to be a .gov

You are too stupid to understand what I wrote, too stupid to understand the Constitution, too stupid to write without blathering on like a drone, and too stupid to even make a sensible point.

If you agree with the electoral college, then fine. But don't complain if they vote in surprising ways. If you complain about the electoral college, then you are saying you want Hillary to win because she got the popular vote.

she can be the president of california for all I care
#calexit

the point is, if trump has the majority of those 29 states he's clear for presidency.

now i seem to have found a list of the 29 states (29 states and dc), they are:

Alabama - T
Alaska - T
California - H
Colorado - H
Connecticut - H
Delaware - H
District of Columbia - H
Florida - T
Hawaii - H
Maine - split
Maryland - H
Massachusetts - H
Michigan - leaning towards T but not still official
Mississippi - T
Montana - T
Nebraska - T
Nevada - H
New Mexico - H
North Carolina - T
Ohio - T
Oklahoma - T
Oregon - H
South Carolina - T
Tennessee - T
Utah - T
Vermont - H
Virginia - H
Washington - H
Wisconsin - T
Wyoming - T

out of 29 states that's 15 for trump (16 if we count michigan, which will more than likely go his way), 13 for hillary and 1 for hillary because of dc

trump's got the majority of them, we're safe. considering the other 21 states are split between trump and clinton also in trump's favor (something like 14/15 for trump and 6/7 for clinton), literally all of them would have to cast a faithless vote, and that sure as shit won't happen, or to the point that clinton could gain a lead.

STFU you little punk. You make me want to puke

wtf are you talking about?
Trump is the confirmed winner of the popular vote in 29 states
nytimes.com/elections/results/president

The original plan of the Electoral College was based upon several assumptions and anticipations of the Framers of the Constitution:

It's just a vestigial tradition kept on to give states more power in the General Election, if they chose anyone but Trump it wouldn't hold up in court let alone be legit in any way to the people

THERE IS NO WHERE TO CHECK FOR POPULAR VOTE ELECTION RESULTS outside of new organizations

jesus christ m8 learn to read

there are 29 states that have mandatory electoral voting based on the popular vote. not all of those 29 states were states that went to trump.

what i'm trying to calculate here is the possible number of states that have the ability to flip their trump vote in december, and whether it's enough to overturn the decision or not.

270towin is probably the least biased outlet for elections

Either you're drunk or you're a nigger - or both.

Not an argument

pretty sure you're not allowed to use words like that on the job

Running out of steam, fag?

not that guy, but i live and work in new york, and we say nigger on a daily basis.

if i can get away with that here, he can surely do it wherever he is.

The Jews are banking on the idea that the US Military, Intelligence, police, etc. will always take the side of the President, so if they are able to steal it they hope they will have the entire Executive Branch with them.

It's delusional to say the least.

official

The implication was that he was a shill I think

alright fags, here are my results so far.

without michigan, trump has 120 locked ec votes, 136 with. hillary has 145. it's only when the other states are tallied in that trump's surge starts up.

watch this