youtu.be/MlcrsAZUC-E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A case of the studio-mandated ending being superior to the Director's Vision

also Fester is Morticia's mother's brother, NOT CANON

pretty good movie though

Julia was pretty based, died too soon

Was about to make exact same thread
Hard to pin down best comedies as a lot of people have different tastes for it
This one was fucked up by the protagonist ineffectually played by Carmageddon Broderick

What was the Directo's Vision?

youtu.be/MlcrsAZUC-E

The replacement Fester wasn't supposed to turn out to be the real Fester. That was a last minute change and it's kind of obvious in retrospect. IIRC pretty much everybody hated that idea, not just test audiences, but the people making the film.

what? i thought it was a classic. not conventionally hilarious but definitely ahead of its time. it tells the story of an socially deprived overobsession we are familiar with now, way before the internet clued us in. It was just to weird and creepy for most people to accept back then.

I do believe it's a classic, along with everything you said, but Broderick's performance was highly sub-par
One can get confused because this was also among the best performances Carrey had, but seriously, i've seen the movie many times to realize Matthew was wack, very unlikable and unrealistic in his contextual traits, along with bringing zero comedy to the movie
Maybe the only time, with Zoolander in its side, where i can say Stiller would have been much superior. If you switched his role as the twins with Broderick, movie would've been an indisputable comedy classic

Hangover is just a rip-off

I found "Dude Where's my Car" hilarious when I was a kid, I wonder if I would still like it.

Timberlake's impression of John Holmes was pretty chuckle worthy, with Val Kilmer as his acting mentor
Really worth it :^)

Peep Show
I'm Alan Partridge
Saxondale
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
That Mitchell and Webb Look
The Office
Extras
Black Books
Nathan Barley
Brass Eye
The Day Today
The Thick of It
The Mighty Boosh
Yes Prime Minister
Bruiser
House of Fools
Monty Python's Flying Circus

robin williams' best film.

I remember watching that with my little sister.
We both thought it was funny as shit, but it was also extremely fucking creepy.
Jim Carrey should have done more creepy comedic roles, he was fantastic in The Cable Guy in this regard.

Sure you are jesting

dim-witted Anglos can't into true comedy kino

Kung Fu Hustle
Shaolin Soccer

Typical Americhow plebeian

What did he mean by this?

This one was surprisingly interestingly good-ish

I guess he had too many temporary problems.

I guess he hated jews so much he decided to go for the permanent solution

Was never shown in my country, but the movie is a gem. It doesn't seem to be well known even.

definitely Matt Damon's best work

I didn't know Chris Chan was in the Addams Family.

Patrician taste my friend

had me laffin all the way

Does kinda look like him doesn't he?

what a memester

i'll admit, i still get a chuckle out of this.

omg you're right. i forgot how bad he was. phoned it in hardcore too. oh no.. wait maybe he was trying, but being next to carrey probably highlighted his weaknesses even more.

goodbye juice is what they drank in Jonestown

Unironically good movie, which is really surprising considering it stars Ben Stiller.

another unironically good movie with Ben Stiller

Ben did pretty well for himself but it was the very talented Jay Baruchel who carried the movie on his shoulders imho

Ben was okay in Mystery Men, which is another underappreciated comedy, and also doubles as one of the very few good superhero movies.

only if you still have the mental age of a kid, that is, if you're a stoner

I remember you, he was okay but by far the weakest of the bunch, it didn't help there was a bunch of good actors near him, with maybe except Garofalo but the role did suit her a lot
Mystery Men was indeed pretty cool, but i have heard recently a lot of heat for it due to the comic nature

Withnail and I.

t. millennial woes

Best comedian of his country though the french one is always better

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever posted about Mystery Men on this board.
Did I miss a fun thread or something?

"We want the finest wines available to humanity! We want them here and we want them now!"

Fucking genius.

How to Get Ahead in Advertising is more underappreciated. I can't even find a good image. They even gave it away as a free extra on the Withnail and I Bluray because no one cares about it.

How come Bud Spencer never landed the role of Bluto?