I'v been testing a software called ATAS the past few days, it has a trial period of just 7 day...

I'v been testing a software called ATAS the past few days, it has a trial period of just 7 day, sadly for personal reasons i spent most of that time in hospital and wasn't able to test it properly.

so i tryed to reinstall it, demanded another login/pass, as expectied it didn't work.
i thought the software wrote some keys in my register so i can't reinstall it again.

so i went on my second OS that is installed on a different hdd (on the same computer).
tried a fresh install, and...it didn't work either.

my question is, how do they know ?!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

intel me in ur cpu told them

They probably just checked your MAC address when software contacted their server.

you mean my network mac?

As opposed to impersonal reasons for spending time in the hospital? Just admit that you slipped and fell on the wooden floor while wearing your programming socks, and the dragon dildo with which you had just barely breached your sphincter was violently jammed into your colon by the impact, perforating your bowel and necessitating a humiliating hospital stay, during which time your free trial expired.

Anyway, you haven't really given us enough information to answer your question. But if I had to guess--and I do, because you haven't really given us enough information to answer your question--it's probably phoning home to the software publisher.

Firewall it and then trace the program to see which files it touches.

i don't think it touches any files, i think it checks my hardware, but i don't know which one, what hardware can i have that has a unique signature?

Oh this is a trading platform... well it's hard to trick them because they're just going to cut off your feed (if I understand it). That is, even if you reverse engineer the program to toggle the check, they can render it useless remotely.

Try spoofing your MAC address.

The reason I said files is that it may have a fallback method if it can't reach their server. Again it is most likely the MAC address. Just set it in ifconfig.

its a windows software.

i also use different demo feeds.

Weeeeeeeew lad. See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address.

i was talking about his advice use "ifconfig" to spoof it, you blithering moron.
there is no ifconfig on windwos

why live?

Maybe he wants to make money he can actually spend.

Haven't used Windows in a while, but it's ipconfig there isn't it? In any case change the MAC somehow and that should do the trick.

thets the only job i know that is 100% compatible with neet life style while still making more then a 99% of normies.
its neat tbh

i was thinking about using a VM, what do you think?

Stallman was right.
Accept that.

what?

If you want to make lots of money by trading you need to be a hyper "normie" to get inside information not to mention have tons of luck.

btw something called a hardware mac does exist.

try a different computer altogether

Put it in a prepared VM that can be reverted to a clean state.
Log all activites the program does via sysinternals or similiar tools.

That's a good story, probably exactly what happened to OP but he deserves it for blogposting.

GUID

That's what you get for not using free firmware and caring so little about your freedoms. Do you not see why you should look to the long term and be free? This is what you get when you sacrifice freedom for "convenience".

i'm not a programmer, this seems too complex for me.
could you do it please?

there is no "inside" info if you trade currency futures.

bump

t. someone not in "the group" :^)

Download Virtualbox (or pirate VMWare) and run the application in there. Both lets you randomize your MAC address, and you can even make a VM backup point before installing the software, so that every 7 days you just click 2 buttons; "Randomize MAC" and "Restore to latest backup", then reinstall the software, and you can use it indefinitely.

i can't test it currently, i'm away from home and only have a tablet with 2g ram, thats not enough for a VM.

Install Windows 7 on a VM 512MB ram, then once it's done installing change it to 256MB. Should leave enough ram for your primary OS, and Windows 7 can run acceptably fine on only 256MB.

i agree.

bump

Whats a good way to learn trading, Anons? Realistically how much do you need to study/practice it to actually make decent money?