General Genetics Discussion - China and Trump Edition

I come and go to sharing my thoughts with my Holla Forums brothers daily to not at all for weeks at a time.
Something that I've never had trouble agreeing with most regulars here is genetics.
Libertarians on the whole even see the good use of understanding genetics and a few see the monetary possibilities of genetics.
All sorts here know about admixture of races and how some population groups are doomed due to the common denominators while mixed race people tend to have the most genetic problems. Leftists on the whole deny these issues and think that if they find one mixed race that isn't and unhealthy fuckup that this disproves all science on the matter.
Many here though have only a basic high school concept of genetics or less. Which is fine if it really does not interest you. There is however no excuse not to have a handful of genetics redpills which you can explain very well and can call up even in person without referring to the memory of the internet.
user will be hosting this general thread without empty bumps and user will bring up a new fresh OP whenever a thread (((slides))) off the catalog.
There will be some studies linked with a brief synopsis of why they are important.
(((Academia))) has been trying to (((collectivize))) even the hard sciences by even infecting genetics. So if you ever see a study about genetics always try to read the methods and data instead of looking at the abstraact and conclusion only. They are often worded in a way to appeal to leftists while the data has the cold hard truth about the genetic differences of humans in the world.

A fresh piece brought to you today is:
Researchers and bioethicists worry that Trump’s political posturing could lead to a dangerous loosening of safety standards for patients. Right now, using Crispr—or any other gene-editing technique—is totally legal in the US, and subject to the same rigorous regulatory framework as other gene therapy treatments. There are even a handful of clinical trials in progress which use gene-editing, and more, including some that will use Crispr, are planned for next year.
Where it gets sticky is when you start talking about heritable changes to the human genome—what’s known as germline editing. Last December a broad coalition of leading biologists agreed to a moratorium on that until the discipline could learn more about the risks. It’s non-legally binding and anyone could buck that agreement, the problem is finding funding to do so. So what the US gene-editing community really wants to know is if Trump is going to make it possible for prospective human gene hackers to apply for big time federal grants.
Power of the purse
“There are two different and opposite things that are likely to happen…
archive.is/hkfz4

This brings forward the topics of international politics, what role USA will play in advancing this science that has huge momentum right now, and how Trump will Make America Great Again.
The focus you need to keep with this is that if not China, then underground labs in America. Genetic Engineering is maturing as a broad discipline and possibilities are no longer theoretical but being tested in the labs across the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/hkfz4
the-odin.com
science.sciencemag.org/content/339/6121/819.full.pdf html
arxiv.org/abs/1611.04135
nanoporetech.com/learn-more
store.nanoporetech.com/minion/sets/
archive.is/A5bXB
archive.is/dYorC
archive.is/v0mHL
twistbioscience.com/
archive.is/IJBRS
archive.is/v4dPQ
archive.is/Xt9ce
youtube.com/watch?v=OoAvpUhsI0o
archive.is/BdJ6j
archive.is/oo4dE
archive.is/8OwCl
imgur.com/a/cVvxY
archive.is/KqnWi
archive.is/V335B
archive.is/NIflh
archive.is/9lev1
archive.is/VVVdD
archive.is/vY9Cj
archive.is/A2do3
archive.is/tPlJa
archive.is/f4D8k
archive.is/SAhDQ
archive.is/9gROW
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

“There are two different and opposite things that are likely to happen,” says Hank Greely, a Stanford University lawyer and bioethicist. “The first has to do with Crispr and germline editing. Anything that looks like an embryo or sounds like an embryo will probably come under attack in the new administration.” That’s more or less the situation researchers face now. Last year’s omnibus spending bill contains a ban on all federal research dollars involving genetic manipulation of embryos, including via Crispr.
That spending bill expires December 9, though Capitol Hill Republicans plan to continue current government funding through March 31 (a short-term patch is aimed at giving the Trump administration a say in 2017 funding priorities). But don’t be surprised if embryonic editing stays taboo. The right wing’s history of opposing anything that seems like playing god goes all the way back to George W. Bush’s 2001 ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.
The FDA, for better and for worse, is a historically cautious gatekeeper, unconcerned with international spitting contests. Clinical trials cost millions, and last for years. But George Church, Harvard University geneticist and co-founder of Editas Medicine believes it’s a necessary step to ensure new technologies like Crispr-based gene therapies really work. Even when they hold you up from making history. (Editas had been an early pick to cross the CRISPR clinical trial finish line first, in their efforts to treat a rare genetic eye disease.) “The FDA is commonly viewed as a roadblock,” he says. “But if your treatment is safe and effective it will fly through the approval process. It has nothing to do with novelty and everything to do with safety and efficacy.”
Patients are looking for answers. Biotech is looking for big bucks. Both oppose regulation. And both are at odds with scientists who think the current frameworks is appropriately judicious. “There is a real philosophical difference of opinion in Washington about whether competent adults should be able to take big risks, and whether desperate people should be offered false hope,” says Greely. He’s concerned about politicians playing up the threat of international competition to drum up support for deregulation. “That will allow trials to go forward without good data behind them. And I hope not too many people die as a result,” he says. “Elections have consequences.”
Yes they do. The consequences of this most recent one will be made clear soon enough.
archive.is/hkfz4

So we know what CRISPR can do and we know that researchers are hungry to experiment with it.
For those of you not in the sciences, this means that some researchers will follow the money if the regulations are too strict such that some types of research are banned altogether. This is no longer a question of whether Chinese can do this research alone or not.
Our mission is to guide this technology to the proper use of human benefit and not leave it for power seekers to play with super soldier programs.

How exactly do you expect to accomplish that?

We are all aware here of the differences not just in the major races on this planet but also of the significant variations between the ethnic subgroups within the races. There is no benefit of allowing a progressive agenda to control the means of this technology. They will use it for manipulating humans in their vision. Banning it means eventually, before you realize it, someone will have used this technology on populations without their consent. Progressives may seek this technology for their vision of equality, elimination in gender, or reduction in the natural sexual differences in the human genus.

Awareness of the methods and the realities of this scientific technology. Knowledge for those who will use it wisely. Public discussion on the subject.
Holla Forums knows about genetics and we will inspire further study.
There are groups that are on our side that fear this and they may be unaware that stopping it was never an option.

Gene drives could be a major issue among those who lack the ability to test their mates for CRISPR in somatic cells. If people can test, you can at least halt gene drives before they have a substantial impact on the popuation.

Stopping this is not realistic. Working with genetics does not require high technology and the information is already available.

My question was mainly regarding how you think humanity could proceed with this technology safely. There are much greater threats than the threat to masculinity or gender referenced in .

This is true. Who gets funding depends on the government/background players and their related groups. You can be sure that they already have projects underway and specific agendas. Scientists in other countries will not stop at ethical decisions and will play and create to their heart's content, whatever they want to try to make. And American scientists will leave the country to join these labs if they don't get funding here. I'm a molecular biologist grad student; you can watch people follow the funding. Scientists often have less ethics than we pretend- the line of "what CAN I do with this" and "what should I do with this" is very blurry.
We would need to get public attention on specific projects (addressing specific diseases and conditions) to push funding for them, but realize that other tests will be going on behind the scenes.

Existential threats exist in many things. Robotics could pose terrible problems as well.
Is it safe? That's a question for subjects and researchers to ask before study, if they want to consider it.
All we can do is be aware of the risks and guide research in the important and useful directions.
Rather than banning it we will embrace it, that is all we can be sure to do.
So to answer your question, safety is not something you can control when you are not involved.

You are wise.
Keep your allies and your people close to heart and you will go many places.

I agree. "Safely" was probably the wrong word. Rather what I meant was how it could work as a force for humanity, which of course depends on one's ideology.

A better question then may be, how do you think technology such as this will be used given the state of modern society.

Plenty of scientists also won't ask whether it is safe and will do what is funded. The use will be determined in large part by the incentive structures of society.

(I am more involved with robotics, ML, and AI, BTW)

Kyle odom bump

Could these technologies be potentially used to 'fix' the races? Give chinks empathy, give niggers intelligence, make people of mixed race be healthier.

Kikes and arabs only deserve to be killed.

Do not speak of such a perverted use of genetic modification.

I cringe in disgust at the thought of using gene manipulation to keep a lesser race like the negro alive.

Gene drives have the ability to essentially force an allele to be copied to the other chromosome. You can cause a population to become homozygous for that allele over a number of generations by using them, even if the allele is maladaptive (so long as it isn't too maladaptive). You may be able to do this for alleles which are associated with empathy, intelligence, etc. as well. However, it could spread throughout all humanity with time unless precautions are taken.

If used by people like and similar to the regular users here. It will be used for youth such as energy and alertness, enhanced memory and focus to spot the (((corruption))) in government, and maybe even deep space adaptability given enough time and focused efforts elsewhere.
Some will use it only to enhance their looks and this is a symptom of the immediate reward society, that can not be helped.
What kind of robotics do you see in your immediate future?

Yes, the potential is there for things like that. Chances are that neither our darker couins nor mixed race offspring will be thinking about benefits like that. Despite the beliefs of intelligent people to be average, less intelligent people don't often seek more more intelligence. That is only something people, that are already aware of their abilities and know there can be so much more, seek.

Don't take them to space with you.

However, it could spread throughout all humanity with time unless precautions are taken.
Gene drives in humans would be much slower than in mosquito populations because they work by breeding cycles. A virus would have much more applications if someone wanted to spread something throughout most of humanity.
Most human groups avoid mixing socially and do not intermarry. Unlike what progressives will tell you, self identity and nationalism are inherent in the human psyche and prevalent everywhere outside of the western world.

Oh hey, I'm kind of a genetic engineer here. CRISPR's main power is it's ability to target specific DNA sequences in the genome. To give some context, in the past people have to design special proteins that do that, but today we just require a guide sequence to carry out the targeting.

CRISPR, as with many other gene engineering technologies before it, will in my opinion be mainly used in agriculture and biomedicine. With regards to gene drives it should only severely affect organisms with rapid generation times like flies. It will take too long for a gene drive to efficiently spread throughout the human population.

Overall it's kind of a cool upgrade to the previous genetic editing technologies we have been using so far.

Oh dear, I'm more on the ML side. But I'll try to answer.

The immediate future will probably see basic automonous robotics, especially in fields which were previously limited by computer vision (driving is the obvious example here). Large advances in computer vision have principally come from deep neural network architectures; however, these have limitations, especially if something requires reasoning or nontrivial logic to make decisions. Larger issues will be a dramatic rise in the power of surveillance and better sentiment analysis, facial recognition, and tracking.

Military robots are still restricted by battery technology, if I remember right; the problem is the power requirements are very high and that necessitates the use of internal combustion engines for now, which are loud.

I'm fully aware it woud take a while, and it will probably cease to matter much by the time it becomes an issue (~30-50 generations I think). Still, I wanted to answer the question.

Secondly, even a little mixing would be enough to contaminate the gene pool. You know as well as I do that the growth would be initially exponential once it infiltrates (and if you don't think it ever would I think you're being foolish).

Viruses as vectors may have problems because of the immune system. If a cell is transformed with a foreign protein, a non-self antigen will be presented on the MHC receptor, and the cell can be killed by a cytotoxic T cell. I have no idea if this effect would be significant enough to be a major problem.

OT, but how's the transformation rate of CRISPR?

80-100% depending on methods used.

Do you think CRISPR has any chance of becoming an open(able) technology?

Like how in the beginning, software was the realm of IBM-like massive corporations, then open-source happened. Or how hardware and IoT were opened by the likes of $2 arduinos and $5 Pi Zeros.

How big an investment do you think it would be for amateurs to "do CRISPR"?

Impressive. That's higher than I thought it was.

the-odin.com

If you don't mind me asking, have you settled on a topic of research yet?

Why human looks like Alexey Navalny?

Whoa what? For less than a grand you can start tinkering with genetic engineering?

This is on par with 3D-printers! Even more potential, actually. Probably much more.

To extend the analogy, do you think people might be able to engineer "designer babies" in the same way as 3D-printed "guns" became a thing? (/k/ will cringe)

I mean is it possible we're on the verge of "illegal gene mods"?

A lot more compared to hardware and software engineering due to the cost of reagents. Polymerases and restriction enzymes can be quite pricy depending on the type used.

Facial recognition and sentiment analysis aren't going to be so great. You mgiht be able to tell if someone is happy or sad but they might be faking it too. Humans that put on a face a lot will be less readable.

I don't think that most humans today have a more recent common ancestor than over 50k years ago with most other humans on the planet. Social conditioning is only part of the puzzle to biological selection for a group similar enough to your own.

I do mundane things in my career for now; I prefer to stay anonymous.

Sentiment analysis referred to text. We're getting much better at analyzing it.

Also voice. Speech to text has come a long way.

In a way. You would need a very broken government to try to force people to change their bodies after the fact.

These kits mainly offer you the ability to manipulate simple bacteria cells - a good starting point for beginners. To manipulate mammalian cells requires a more advanced skill set and equipment, not to mention whole organisms. These kits are also already optimised, so the user simply has to follow the instructions. Doing new things however will require way more, but iirc with ~5 to 10 thousand dollars you can have your own full functioning laboratory in your home.

We Gattaca now

Those are exciting. Maybe next time they will be able to predict whoever is the next generation of MAGA presidents.

This is fascinating.

As someone who is obviously a noob to this stuff, I can only imagine these machines by themselves are nothing magical inside; maybe the 3D printing revolution will help hardware/software guys to make better/cheaper equipment a reality. I hope to be on that front so I'd like to ask, do you think there's room for improving the price of these machines? In 3D-printing, the RepRap made printers go down in price like tenfold.

Thanks, but I just comment on what I see. I'm hoping to do a lot of good in immunology but a lot of things can be exploited for good or bad.

But it will be used like that. Or at least, people will try, once we know more about cranial development and how "intelligence" actually comes about. People are more interested in having scientists make them smart rather than raising their existing kids to be smart. It probably won't be used just on one race though, unless SJWs get seriously involved in funding and regulation and we have a long way to go before we're deciding who is allowed to be made artificially more intelligent.
(funny to see the cognitive dissonance though: if you say white males aren't allowed to be made smarter, does that mean they are already smarter than you?)

What do you think about the advancement of technology to help handicapped people? Will we soon develop technologies like contacts for the blind and implants for the deaf that surpass normal human abilities? Will normal healthy people be allowed to start using aides like this and we'll slowly become more fused with AI? I kind of foresee this as we get better and cheaper technology, that we will become very dependent on widespread enhancements. Think I saw a Ted talk on it. Wouldn't be for years but it's an interesting future.

SJWs don't want any genetic research whatsoever because it would implode their narrative.

Whites gave the non-white races of the world far too much in return for spite, hatred, and murder. When we engineer ourselves a way to become Supermen, we will not take them with us. They have wasted far too many of our gifts and will pay the price of ceasing to exist for it.

I am not interested in perpetuating the mixed race problem and even less interested in even the thought of allowing non-whites to exist once we pass this technological threshold.

Ok, so this may be possible and is definitely something I would like to investigate. However, it has obvious potential to be a problem.

Last I checked we still don't have a good BCI, which is kind of necessary. The implants usually excite cells in the retina or cochlea and can have resolution issues. I have no idea if better implants will be developed in the near future, but they'll certainly come eventually.

As for how this will proceed, I have no idea and am kind of scared. Direct implants to the brain have the capacity to be very useful, but also to exert extraordinary control over people, and people may be forced to take them to remain competitive. They could also inflict a kind of torture unlike any yet experienced.

Talking about AI fusion and ultimate unification of human consciousness is extremely speculative, but is in my assessment one of the better ways of handling technological progress (if it's actually possible). Most of the alternatives seem to suck in one way or another.

As much as I share your sentiment,
Also, other races don't need to stop existing. We just need a white country, that stays white forever. Maybe colonize Mars with only whites or something, it's also an option.

Hi. Undergrad biologist and amateur geneticist here. As and have brought up. Very basic gene mod kits are already available online. But more important than that, information is available online. Do you fagbags know how how to use Google Scholar? It's like regular Google except it searches university databases for academic journals related to what your searching form. I inputed my top five biotech related schools (MIT being one of them), set my focus to biology, and searched "crispr" pulling up scores of academic journals that can be saved as PDFs. File related
science.sciencemag.org/content/339/6121/819.full.pdf html fuck you Holla Forums let me post it in PDF format

My point is, while these big unis and institutions are all getting the funding, it's entirely possible for us, here, to take advantage of their findings to perform pur own theoretical research on the internet. We can find similarities and draw comparisons between known proteins, enzymes, and genes. and possible even deveolope our own gene modifying procedures to supplant a specific gene into ourselves or the population. We can take advantage of this shit now, and we should take advantage of this shit now, pooling resources and conducting our own studies, rather than being left at the mercy of big governements and special interest groups to do the right thing.
Plus, we can look into RNA Interference which can be used to delete a gene from an organism, and could be incredibly useful if the globalist machine tries to active the racemixing virus

Why should they keep existing? They are existential threat as long as they live. The smarter, the worse. Do you think japs or chinks will be friendly with you for eternity? Do you think they'd have second thoughts about sparing you if they had American nuclear arsenal while the white world would have none? Your pathological altruism is a danger to you, your family and your race.

kys

The problem is, where do you draw the line for how white is white enough? Vid related.

I.e., I'm Italian, but if I could, I'd have aryan children. I don't really care for my gene pool, I just want the future to be significantly more aryan. No need for race-infighting.

The point is making a good future. I'm pretty sure people a lot less white than me (like japs) would love to raise blonde, blue-eyed children. Maybe we can help them?

Thanks all for participating in the discussion, will visit later.

All that power seems honestly terrifying considering the point at which this is all being discovered.

Please do! Post-CTR Holla Forums is so much better.

That's very easy. Not Europeans or descendants of Europeans are enemies. Mixed races are enemies. Are you telling me it's hard to visually identify an European? Are you telling me that genetical analysis will tell me you are something like 80% nigger? Don't spread your pathological altruism for lesser people and try to pass it off as "morality". You won't help the japs because they don't think like you. They are not the same people as you. Niggers don't even have higher intelligence like you. Their awareness is no better than that of a greater ape. Kikes just see potential to abuse you. These people do not think that way because they were violated as children or taught to do that. They evolved that way, genetically. Society is a byproduct of genetics, not the other way around. Good future is white future. You can't live in a state of perpetual war and danger of extinction. It has to stop and it stops with death of enemies of the white race.Why would you want to help your enemy? They wouldn't do the same to you. Did you see niggers in Rhodesia collectively say "Oh yeah, those white guys might not be so bad after all. Let's cease the promises of endless looting of white man magic and help them stand against foreign influences"? Did you see, at any point, chinks or japs or any other asian say "Oh yeah, this white race is really fucked with those kikes abusing them into extinction. We should pitch in and help them"? No? Then why do you want to cuck for other races? They'd love to see your people dead, to them it means more opportunities and power.

You are letting a cringy cartoon shape your beliefs. What's wrong with you?

You're an embarrassment, stop shitting up the place.

Look, I see where you're coming from. But unlike the savages of Africa, Japs are actually decent people.

I wouldn't like their genes to be just lost. Chinks are of course another matter, but Japs have proven time and again they can come up with nice stuff by themselves and have good qualities.

I'm just saying we should first unite all races against the Jew, then progressively prune bad genes. Other races have either cooperated or accepted dominance of the white, in the past. We won't have to fight against anyone as long as there's no virus inside us.

Like said, except his second pic is an abomination. Think like Hitler would - Japs are allies, not enemies.

Bump for the love of medicine!

Well, uh, how exactly are you going to determine what is worth keeping and what to leave behind? Are you really going to do it based on race?

All haplogroups probably contain helpful alleles.

Definitely! I'll provide one example to illustrate my point: Nanopore technology for DNA sequencing. DNA sequencing as its name suggests is used to identify the nucleotide sequences of a given DNA sequence. The earliest methods are extremely tedious while the later methods are efficient but the machines used can be quite bulky and expensive (up to tens of thousands of dollars). Nanopore technology uses a portable and cheap sequencing device that allows essentially sequencing on the go.

Engineering unicellular organisms is generally quite cheap with regards to the equipment and reagents used, and there's already a lot to start with. You might want to take a look into the BioBricks repository for starters, it's a nice place for amateur researchers to obtain parts and get ideas.

If american indians are most closely related to asians, then why are they so fucking dumb?

Asians as you know them now are probably the result of more selective breeding and cross-breeding with more intelligent species/sub-species. The Amerindians are more of the old, pure bloodline from the past.

To add on, now that sci-hub is available, it's extremely easy to bypass paywalls to get any papers you need. From what I understand one major issue today is that there's just too much data out there, and no one to properly consolidate them yet. Digging and consolidation of data is coincidentally one of the main strengths here.

I can't wait to praise kek when cancer kills the faggots editing their genes. Your attempt to control chaos will be your undoing.

Simple: natural selection. Without jews ruining meritocracies to set up their cronyism, it might actually work out. China was a backwater that destroyed its own culture before the west started (((working against its own interests))) and bending over for their oligarchs.

Now, what I'm also saying is, we can't win by fighting everyone. Let's go step by step. Giving Asians the opportunity to cuck themselves with aryan children would work really smooth in practice, and is somewhat on the horizon of possibilities.

So we're near the age of taking a sample of an apple with a small, semi-affordable device and checking if it's from Monsanto? Is this the level we're getting at?

Wait, do you mean an user might hypothetically engineer a final solution virus? If you knew e.g., HIV's DNA, could you make it again from scratch?

Natural selection will never work properly in our modern world. It rewards the sort of things you associate with Jews. Social darwinism is a dangerous myth that justifies exactly what you oppose.

You can't eradicate pathological behaviors entirely.

You are both right. Natural selection is a force of nature that enabled our masterrace status but it's too lol so randumb xDDDD to base an a technologically advanced society on it with the most likely outcome being an idiocracy of bydlos with the most shrewd opportunists in charge.

We need a meritocratic technocracy based on closely inspected eugenics, neither too hard or too soft of them.

The question then becomes: who gets to decide what is good and bad? I hope it's not the people currently in charge.

It wouldn't be tough to select for compliance in addition to other traits. The parasites would LOVE a population that is entirely passive.

Also, they can already cuck themselves with IVF.

Viruses can be engineered; I think some can be made from sequences if you can introduce the required proteins simultaneously to a cell (possibly with another virus). Keep in mind a "final solution" virus may backfire spectacularly and turn into an extinctionist virus.

I've never found an inexpensive sequencer. Do you know of one?

arxiv.org/abs/1611.04135

Chinks made an algo that can recognize criminals by face alone. It's going into their dating apps and other state-controlled systems.

(checked)

The ones who win, this time around. It is crucial that we all improve ourselves, form families, form communities and build bridges above the D&C.

For example: I don't want to gas kikes and kill niggers. But if that's your thing, be my guest. I just want to . We should all agree on that at least.

AFAIK this is neither easy nor cheap, nevermind popular.
I think only artificial wombs and the huge assortment of NEETs with surprising disposable income of Japan could fix that. If an artificial womb costed like 10K, I bet some Japs would shell that out.

Reminder that (((they))) are somewhat likely to be the ones fucking it up. Pic related.

Does this do what you need?
nanoporetech.com/learn-more
Here are their prices:
store.nanoporetech.com/minion/sets/

Man, initially I thought it ID'd people but it profiles them based on appearance. In a western country that would be such a racist algorithm :)

You don't understand cancer if you think that editing any one gene has the same potential to cause cancer as the genes that are specifically important to cancer cells, and the inactivation of certain others.

That is just one application of being able to quickly and easily genetically test.

Less likely, too much can go wrong.

A major reason for this thread initiative. If you are aware and can understand at least the overall workings of genetics then you will not be fooled by agencies that try to control genetics research.

This may be of great interest to everyone in this thread.
In a letter to the president, the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) urges the creation of a new entity charged with developing a national biodefense strategy within six months. Such a strategy was developed in 2009, but it's carried out by several government agencies in an uncoördinated approach, says Piers Millet, a bioterror expert at the Wilson Center in Washington, D.C.

The council is also urging the president to ask Congress to establish a $2 billion fund to respond to public health emergencies that could be caused by new biotechnologies.

For the past two decades, the government has focused its biodefense efforts on a list of known pathogens—such as anthrax, smallpox, and Ebola—declared by the Department of Health and Human Services and Department of Agriculture to have the “potential to pose a severe threat to public health and safety.”

It will be nearly impossible to monitor all such experiments, Kuiken says. But a better national surveillance system that includes detailed information about a germ’s DNA, as is suggested in the letter, could tell government officials whether pathogens involved in disease outbreaks have been engineered or modified.

The council members also propose investing in the development of new antibiotic and antiviral drugs against both natural and manmade threats, and setting aside $250 million annually to stockpile vaccines.

But while Kuiken says he sees the letter as a step in the right direction, it primarily addresses traditional biological threats, like viruses and other pathogens. He says it doesn’t do enough to consider more exotic biological attacks, like an insect that has been genetically modified to wipe out the country’s supply of a staple crop.
archive.is/A5bXB

Jewish bioethics emerges from the practical application of Jewish law to ethical questions in contemporary medicine. A central tenet of Jewish law…is that a human life has infinite value. The duty to help heal the sick and prevent disease is so overriding that the Mishnah, the oral law, says: ‘He who saves one life, it is as if he saved the whole world.’

It is very important to place new technologies in the context of existing technology and legal frameworks…Humans have eradicated diseases, used technologies like pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to screen for and avoid genetic disease, and have recently successfully created ‘three-parent babies’ using mitochondrial transfer. All those technologies carried risks along with benefits. In this context, it is difficult to argue that genome editing is so different, that it crosses an ethical red line or radically changes the course of human evolution in a way that no other medical advancement has.

The GLP aggregated and excerpted this blog/article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion, and analysis. Read full, original post: Therapeutic editing of the human genome – Jewish bioethical perspectives
archive.is/dYorC
source: archive.is/v0mHL

Ok, there were two questions together so my bad. But again, assuming you had a file with the DNA sequence of HIV, could you with current technology re-create it? (imagine HIV vanished and all you had was "HIV.dna" in a computer).

Since this thread caught my attention I ended up aware protein folding is some magic shit (vid related is a nice intro on DNA for fellow noobs), but I imagine crafting viruses at home (or worse, in govt. labs) could be really scary stuff.

Now that you mention it, just kill one staple crop and people would actually starve. I can only imagine this is much easier to create than it is to control/eradicate. Probably a new frontier of M.A.D.

Re. IVF:

It is expensive (about $10K-$15K), but raising a child is much more expensive. I have doubts whether other technologies will be as safe or reliable, and I don't see how they'd be that much easier or cheaper.

Re. minION:

That's pretty cool. I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Re. who will win:

Do you have a concrete plan for organizing and obtaining support? Relying on Trump isn't going to be enough, and tbh I'm not even sure his policies will help your cause in the long run.

A quick trip to google found me a startup the can manufacture custom strands of DNA at 10 cents per base (pretty cheap), so yes, if someone bothered to sequence a strain of the HIV virus you couldn't sequence the whole genome, it mutates too fast, then yes they could send their HIV sequence to a company like this and they could manufacture some bioweapon DNA for you.

twistbioscience.com/

Here's their website^

Can we fucking stop spreading this jew meme that kids are expensive as hell? They don't have to be, at all. I raised mine on goodwill toys, $120 in cloth diapers and honestly spent less than $500 or so TOTAL on yard sale clothing and play mats etc. and about the same on food each year. It doesn't have to be expensive at all. Stop discouraging whites from breeding.

(off topic)
Good point brother, with home schooling you could even potentially live outside of the USA and live relatively cheaper in kind.

(on topic)
In the hands of a biohacker, CRISPR-Cas9 could transform even the most benign infections into deadly epidemics and engineer them to replicate rapidly, targeting specific sections of society based on their genetic make-up. In terms of their potential to cause harm, this could be a weapon far easier to deploy and many orders of magnitude more dangerous than a nuclear attack.
Even experiments with apparently noble objectives could have drastic unintended consequences. There are labs in Harvard today that are experimenting with using CRISPR-Cas9 to insert malaria-resistant gene drives directly into the genome of the anopheles mosquito so that future generations of mosquitoes are genetically incapable of carrying the malaria germ. No one can accurately predict the long-term implications of this sort of manipulation, but given that they are germ-line modifications, it is not inconceivable that a poorly thought-through edit could result in the eradication of mosquitoes as a species.
It is primarily for this reason that the genetic community has called for a complete moratorium on germ-line genetic manipulation to ensure that any edits to the genetic code do not pass into the hereditary pool. More than 40 countries explicitly discourage or ban these experiments. The Indian Council of Medical Research, in its Specific Principles for Human Genetics and Genomics Research, has issued a prohibition along similar lines.

But there is another school of thought that challenges this conservative approach. They argue that medical science has always been about improving our odds of survival. Vaccinations gave us superhuman immunity; prosthetics were designed to replace limbs and damaged organs—even the drugs we consume are intended to reverse the effects of naturally communicated diseases that would otherwise have curtailed our life span. The goal of medicine has always been to create improved humans and CRISPR-Cas9 is just the latest tool that will help us along in that direction. Any ban on germ-line research will prevent us from reaping the therapeutic benefits of this technology.
Even if we can agree that there are risks inherent in meddling with the gene pool, we have to recognize that certain genes are bad in every conceivable context. Tay-Sachs is a rare genetic disease currently believed to be incurable. Children afflicted by it grow normally for six months, and then, without warning, begin to develop muscle weakness, loss of vision and hearing and seizures. They usually die before the age of four. Tay-Sachs is caused by a mutation in the HEXA gene that prevents the body from producing Hexosaminidase-A, resulting in the build-up of a fatty substance in brain and nerve cells that eventually destroys these cells.
There is no conceivable benefit in allowing a gene that causes this sort of pain and suffering in children to survive in the gene pool. Now that CRISPR-Cas9 makes it easy to target and remove specific gene mutations, there is no reason why we shouldn’t make appropriate germ-line modifications to permanently eradicate Tay-Sachs.

While we may be understandably wary of vesting god-like powers in the hands of human geneticists, we cannot let our fear of designer babies come in the way of our goal of ensuring that our babies are born healthy.
archive.is/IJBRS

How do we make a supersoldier with this?

I don't think you'd want to, user. But from what this thread tells me, one user with about 10-100K to spare and a few anons willing to put their knowledge into it and we could do some pretty fun (and surely illegal) stuff "at home". Not supersoldier tier, but maybe "kill this type of rat but not the other" tier.

As far as organizing this, we couldn't have any NSA-able trace of it, but I neither have that kind of money right now, nor I'm knowledgeable in this topic, so I wouldn't worry with it unless anons here are interested.

I hope some anons here are networked phisically with nice people. Having a person-to-person chat is best.

I'm not aware of any laws against genetic manipulation of humans…

As genetic manipulation tech advances it seems almost inevitable that somebody will go into a lab and produce something to destroy humanity? If it only takes one person to do it, how is it not going to eventually happen?

Kill yourself. Eugenics wouldn't allow you to reproduce anyways.

We could always tell that to the officer, good plan.

Indeed, it's a Fermi Paradox level thing.
Puts the mars colony into another perspective.

I don't care for my personal genes. I do care for white genes in general, and wish the best ones would spread a bit more. The likelyhood that my own genes are the epitome of the white race are pretty much zero. That doesn't mean I won't have children, because I'm not an idiot, but if I could choose to have children with the best genes instead of my own, I would.

Also calm your tits.

No, we'd use our 5th amendment right while under arrest and save our arguments for the judge.

That's great, now the plan is solid.

kys tbh, we don't need ethnomasochistic faggots who are basically just the weeaboos for germany

Greece and Rome are literally the cradle of western civilization, if you can't take pride in the Mediterranean race when you're part of it I don't know what the fucks wrong with you

I'll breed your wife if she's hot enough

Redpilled triracial mutt here. Ask me anything.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

I just really wish the northern races weren't a bunch of cucks, ok? Roman genes aren't going anywhere - pic related is a map of people's opinions to immigrants.

I think Sweden has some of the best genes in the world and they may not be around for too long. That's pretty sad, and I feel powerless about it.

She's 42kg and 165cm, green eyes. But I'm not into NTR

What shitty kind of meme is that?

Because I have no reason to and I have a country to fight for and get it rid of leftists and cucks.

SJW could care less about this. So do niggers and mudslimes. Jews are gonna use the hell out of this so expect massive funding. I'm guessing OP took the info out of the science thread.

The moderators have been compromised.

bbb

The moderators have been compromised.

ggg

Also, if you wonder why doesn't soros get rid of those bags of sorrow, it may be because he'd look like rockefeller.

Concerned bump.

Actually i'm bit afraid of possible extension of civilian available technology. As you may already guess military-grade version would allow to breed real super soldiers of sort with thermal vision, bones of titan alloy, built-in brain training programs and super advanced sixth-sense abilities. Yet, some may guess "luminati"-grade version already allows it and it probably goes even further - that is no wonders they replace modern-day police with tech not every military person can get their hands on. Probably because some military generals (even though they are masons or simply put shabbos goyim) still have some sense of honor and pride for their country, and would most likely try to topple one-world government plans.

Back on topic: i suppose civilian-grade is still the lowest grade available, made only to lower self-value to abyss. Just like damn "healthy" radiation, everybody knew it was not and never will be, yet still, people flock to test it out, because they are either forced to or truly believe in new-age scientific church of "no-god". Yup, just like good old soviet times: either by consent or by force, "willingly-forcibly" as our parents used to call it.

Nope, they are just too afraid of death, because they do know what awaits them on the end of the tunnel.

Why are sand niggers so close to Europe, and who are those (((Europeans))) that cluster with sand niggers closer than with Europe? Please don't tell me it's Italians.

Because Semites are desert-adapted Caucasians. The Middle East, coupled with inbreeding as well as their black slaves, completely ruined them.

Why don't they cluster with niggers then?

Seven?

Seriously, no one who doesn't believe in an afterlife would get that many transplants. The man is terrified about something.

My atheist grandfather had to beg for DNR like 7 or 8 times before they finally let him die. That kike is afraid.

Fucking figures the kikes would be behind materialism, the most ancient form of D&C in existence.

The superlative smug when both him and Soros will die soon, and for the latter, his faggot of a son won't manage to do shit, too busy collecting organic vinyl LPs of U2.

Is this true? Doesn't the Jewish religion have heaven/hell nor reincarnation?

Nigger detected

bump for a fine thread.

According to Helene Faustrup Kildegaard from Novo Nordisk, traditional technologies like random integration, down-regulation using RNAs, or knockout via mutagenesis are currently replaced by the CRISPR/CAS approach that helps shorten the cell line development from one year to three months. “We need more than CRISPR like genome stability or an optimization of genome editing,” says Faustrup Kildegaard.
However, severe challenges are appearing on the scientific horizon. Prof. Huimin Zhao from the University of Illinois showed a fully automatized and dehumanized laboratory where a robot is transferring probes from one machine to the other.
“In the future, we will see fast, automated systems for a fast discovery of new products from known or new sequence information….” says Zhao.
archive.is/v4dPQ

In the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe the prevailing approach for gene manipulations is based on homologous recombination of a PCR product that contains genomic target sequences and a selectable marker. The CRISPR/Cas9 system has recently been implemented in fission yeast, which allows for seamless genome editing without integration of a selection marker or leaving any other genomic ‘scars’. The published method involves manual design of the single guide RNA (sgRNA), and digestion of a large plasmid with a problematic restriction enzyme to clone the sgRNA. To increase the efficiency of this approach, we have established and optimized a PCR-based system to clone the sgRNA without restriction enzymes into a plasmid with a dominant natMX6 (nourseothricin) selection marker. We also provide a web-tool, CRISPR4P, to support the design of the sgRNAs and the primers required for the entire process of seamless DNA deletion. Moreover, we report the preparation of G1-synchronized and cryopreserved S. pombe cells, which greatly increases the efficiency and speed for transformations, and may also facilitate standard gene manipulations. Applying this optimized CRISPR/Cas9-based approach, we have successfully deleted over 80 different non-coding RNA genes, which are generally lowly expressed, and have inserted 7 point mutations in 4 different genomic regions.

Available primer design programs for gene targeting in S. pombe allow the manipulation of coding sequences using the standard PCR-based method13, or rely on current gene annotations to generate a database that contains primers for deletion of non-coding RNAs, 3’-UTRs or tRNAs14. We have designed an online tool, written in Python 2.7 (www.python.org/), to help with the design of all the different primers required for CRISPR/Cas9-based deletion of virtually any region in the S. pombe genome. This tool, named CRISPR4P (CRISPR ‘for’ Pombe or CRISPR Pombe PCR Primer Program), is freely available from our website (bahlerlab.info/crispr4p)26. CRISPR4P designs PCR primers for sgRNA cloning and primers to generate the HR template, and also checks primers to verify gene deletions. Figure 2 provides an overview of the workflows for CRISPR4P, and Figure 3A provides an overview of the different primers that can be designed by CRISPR4P.

archive.is/Xt9ce

Jews only have two afterlife places: Sheol, and Gehenna. Gehenna is split exactly down the middle between a burning flaming hell, and a frozen snowy frostbitten hell. It's where you go if you disobey the Talmud or a Rabbi.
Sheol is an exact copy of this world except everything is made out of dust. Yes, even the food. Yes, even the people.
So it's extremely bleak.

>mfw Jews actually have several layers of hell reserved just for them

About that, it seems Jews do not all agree on what happens upon death, they do have these three layers of hell but there's even the notion of being completely destroyed as a soul.

Is this why so many Jews are transhumanists?

False. I've done genetics info threads before, few replies when Trump was being elected.

A false front. They will hijack the technology to damage others genetically. Notice most of the good coming out of genetics is not done by either jews or primarily jewish funded organizations/corporations.

On that - is there any independent group focusing on genetics research?

In other words, how can people contribute so that good, open research gets funded?

Also, as researchers - what would you be working on, money allowing?

Extending life. Primarily working on diseases that affect Europeans more than others where possible, ms, diabetes, cancer (prostate cancer especially).
There is so much more we can do but (((feeding the third world))) drains more money every year that science could be using.
Stem cell research applying stem cells that are actually the subjects own cells to regenerate their aging organs; Personalized medicine.

I'm really worried what would happen if Jews could avoid death.

So make sure jews stop controlling countries with international banking.

Fuck!
I have to worry about my dream to emigre to Japan, muhdicking cute nips and post it's pictures on 2ch with the Subject "how can ielou boi even compete?"

bump

video to share with the uninitiated
youtube.com/watch?v=OoAvpUhsI0o

don't die on me yet

When it comes to public health issues, this would seem to be a slam dunk. Preventing devastating incurable diseases that are as predictable as the sunrise—who could argue against it? What possible reasons could be advanced in opposition? In the past, similar threats like Yellow Fever have been eradicated (albeit temporarily; complacency has allowed resurgence) through the wide and repeated application of pesticide sprays, and intrusive, if not draconian enforcement. But British company Oxitec (named for Oxford University, where the technique was developed) has come up with a brilliant, innovative solution that combines time-tested male-sterile insect release methods with modern techniques for rendering the pests infertile.
Despite successful field trials in the Caymans, Panama, and Brazil (where large-scale control measures have been launched, and the residents are very happy), some Key Haven residents expressed concern that there are still unanswered questions about the technique.
Misplaced worries about “genetically modified” organisms are not new, and they are entirely unsurprising given the extent and persistence of the ongoing campaigns of misinformation. Or in today’s vocabulary, “fake news.” But scientists around the world recognize that the facts remain today as they have always been—there is no basis for assuming hazards or risks from these new innovations any different than those from traditional (obsolete) products; they have been examined in advance, in unprecedented depth and detail, and have a proven track record of safe use around the world.

Nevertheless, perpetual opponents of biological innovation have announced their intent to sue the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to prohibit the proposed Florida field trial. They claim the:
FDA cannot just arbitrarily approve releasing an entirely novel genetically engineered organism into the environment without accounting for risks…The Florida Keys are home to some of the most diverse and threatened species in our country, and we will not stand by and allow the government to break the law by approving this unprecedented experiment without analyzing its impacts.
Now remember, this is about eradicating the deadliest animal in the world; an invasive species, not native to the Americas; one that is a keystone in no environment anywhere; and one so pestilential it has spawned calls for its global eradication.
As it happens, in accordance with the law, the FDA has in fact published an Environmental Assessment (EA) of the proposed Oxitec field trial. The report concludes that:
[t]here was no overlap between the threatened and endangered species’ habitat and the domestic or peri-domestic environment” of the trial mosquito in Key Haven. The report goes on to say that “[t]he Stock Island Tree Snail is the only species found in the physical vicinity of the proposed trial site. An assessment has been conducted according to the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) criteria … [and] it was determined that the use of [the trial mosquito] is not likely to adversely affect the species as no removal or modification of habitat is proposed in this trial.
25florida1-master768Those in opposition also claim that the FDA “did not consult with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)” when preparing the EA. This claim, too, fails, like the others. “Consultation” is a legal term of art with specific meaning.
archive.is/BdJ6j

Long-term maintenance of human naïve T cells through in situ homeostasis in lymphoid tissue sites
Naïve T cells develop in the thymus and coordinate immune responses to new antigens; however, mechanisms for their long-term persistence over the human life span remain undefined. We investigated human naïve T cell development and maintenance in primary and secondary lymphoid tissues obtained from individual organ donors aged 2 months to 73 years. In the thymus, the frequency of double-positive thymocytes declined sharply in donors >40 years of age, coincident with reduced recent thymic emigrants in lymphoid tissues, whereas naïve T cells were functionally maintained predominantly in lymph nodes (LNs). Analysis of T cell receptor clonal distribution by CDR3 sequencing of naïve CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in spleen and LNs reveals site-specific clonal expansions of naïve T cells from individuals >40 years of age, with minimal clonal overlap between lymphoid tissues. We also identified biased naïve T cell clonal distribution within specific LNs on the basis of VJ usage. Together, these results suggest prolonged maintenance of naïve T cells through in situ homeostasis and retention in lymphoid tissue.
archive.is/oo4dE

Mounting evidence for the presence of AMHs out of Africa earlier than 75,000 years ago

High-coverage whole-genome sequence studies have so far focused on a limited number1 of geographically restricted populations2, 3, 4, 5, or been targeted at specific diseases, such as cancer6. Nevertheless, the availability of high-resolution genomic data has led to the development of new methodologies for inferring population history7, 8, 9 and refuelled the debate on the mutation rate in humans10. Here we present the Estonian Biocentre Human Genome Diversity Panel (EGDP), a dataset of 483 high-coverage human genomes from 148 populations worldwide, including 379 new genomes from 125 populations, which we group into diversity and selection sets. We analyse this dataset to refine estimates of continent-wide patterns of heterozygosity, long- and short-distance gene flow, archaic admixture, and changes in effective population size through time as well as for signals of positive or balancing selection. We find a genetic signature in present-day Papuans that suggests that at least 2% of their genome originates from an early and largely extinct expansion of anatomically modern humans (AMHs) out of Africa. Together with evidence from the western Asian fossil record11, and admixture between AMHs and Neanderthals predating the main Eurasian expansion12, our results contribute to the mounting evidence for the presence of AMHs out of Africa earlier than 75,000 years ago.
archive.is/8OwCl

imgur.com/a/cVvxY

Eukaryotic association module in phage WO genomes from Wolbachia
Viruses are trifurcated into eukaryotic, archaeal and bacterial categories. This domain-specific ecology underscores why eukaryotic viruses typically co-opt eukaryotic genes and bacteriophages commonly harbour bacterial genes. However, the presence of bacteriophages in obligate intracellular bacteria of eukaryotes may promote DNA transfers between eukaryotes and bacteriophages. Here we report a metagenomic analysis of purified bacteriophage WO particles of Wolbachia and uncover a eukaryotic association module in the complete WO genome. It harbours predicted domains, such as the black widow latrotoxin C-terminal domain, that are uninterrupted in bacteriophage genomes, enriched with eukaryotic protease cleavage sites and combined with additional domains to forge one of the largest bacteriophage genes to date (14,256?bp). To the best of our knowledge, these eukaryotic-like domains have never before been reported in packaged bacteriophages and their phylogeny, distribution and sequence diversity imply lateral transfers between bacteriophage/prophage and animal genomes. Finally, the WO genome sequences and identification of attachment sites will potentially advance genetic manipulation of Wolbachia.

In addition to providing new insights into the evolution of bacteriophages and showing phage WO genomes to be far more complex than previously described, the findings here reveal the bacteriophage WO attachment and bacterial integration sites as well as evidence for gene sharing between metazoan hosts and phages of obligate intracellular bacteria. We suggest that the possible acquistion and retooling of intact eukaryotic-like domains in phage WO could be viewed as analogous to the commandeering of host genes by eukaryotic viruses. Whether lateral genetic transfers between metazoans and bacteriophages are common in the symbiotic virosphere remains to be determined.
archive.is/KqnWi

TLDR: viruses contain genes from their hosts and some viruses that infect bacteria have genes from the multicellular animals they live in; phages which are viruses that infect bacteria are not well enough known to say if this is common in them or not

Because the modern left is the epitome of separating the result from the cause.

Leftists want food, yes, and not all of them are ultravegans, no. But they don't view meals as former animals or plants that someone had to kill or harvest and process into what they're eating, much like they can't view nations as societies that survived by maintaining distinct cultures and/or peoples for hundreds or thousands of years.

So they enjoy the result of these actions, but the process is unappealing to them, so they demand the process either cease or change (but don't want to change their diet/social habits, either.) So you get rid of hunting/farming/cultures and realize the food/country is suddenly shit but just have to shut up and starve/have your daughter killed by South African extremists because you chased off the people that could fix it.

To provide maternal age-specific rates for trisomy 21 (T21) and common autosomal trisomies (including trisomies 21, 18 and 13) in fetuses. We retrospectively reviewed prenatal cytogenetic results obtained between 1990 and 2009 in Songklanagarind Hospital, a university teaching hospital, in southern Thailand. Maternal age-specific rates of T21 and common autosomal trisomies were established using different regression models, from which only the fittest models were used for the study. A total of 17,819 records were included in the statistical analysis. The fittest models for predicting rates of T21 and common autosomal trisomies were regression models with 2 parameters (Age and Age2). The rate of T21 ranged between 2.67 per 1,000 fetuses at the age of 34 and 71.06 per 1,000 at the age of 48. The rate of common autosomal trisomies ranged between 4.54 per 1,000 and 99.65 per 1,000 at the same ages. This report provides the first maternal age-specific rates for T21 and common autosomal trisomies fetuses in a Southeast Asian population and the largest case number of fetuses have ever been reported in Asians.

In conclusion, this study provides the first maternal age-specific rates of fetal T21 in the Thai population, based on the largest fetal case numbers of maternal age-specific rates for T21 and common autosomal trisomies to date in an Asian study. Our data is an alternative information that could be applied to risk assessment in genetic counseling for prenatal screening and decision making in public health services.
archive.is/V335B

The intestinal microbiota influence neurodevelopment, modulate behavior, and contribute to neurological disorders. However, a functional link between gut bacteria and neurodegenerative diseases remains unexplored. Synucleinopathies are characterized by aggregation of the protein α-synuclein (αSyn), often resulting in motor dysfunction as exemplified by Parkinson’s disease (PD). Using mice that overexpress αSyn, we report herein that gut microbiota are required for motor deficits, microglia activation, and αSyn pathology. Antibiotic treatment ameliorates, while microbial re-colonization promotes, pathophysiology in adult animals, suggesting that postnatal signaling between the gut and the brain modulates disease. Indeed, oral administration of specific microbial metabolites to germ-free mice promotes neuroinflammation and motor symptoms. Remarkably, colonization of αSyn-overexpressing mice with microbiota from PD-affected patients enhances physical impairments compared to microbiota transplants from healthy human donors. These findings reveal that gut bacteria regulate movement disorders in mice and suggest that alterations in the human microbiome represent a risk factor for PD.

Our findings establish that the microbiota are required for the hallmark motor and GI dysfunction in a mouse model of PD, via postnatal gut-brain signaling by microbial molecules that impact neuroinflammation and αSyn aggregation. Coupled with emerging research that has linked gut bacteria to disorders such as anxiety, depression, and autism, we propose the provocative hypothesis that certain neurologic conditions that have classically been studied as disorders of the brain may also have etiologies in the gut.
archive.is/NIflh

Didier Raoult of Aix-Marseille University in France and his colleagues discovered a new kind of virus lurking inside single-celled protozoans back in 2003. Like other viruses, it couldn’t grow on its own, lacking the biochemical machinery to build proteins and genes. Instead, it had to infect host cells and use their material to produce new viruses.
But this new virus was enormous, measuring hundreds of times bigger than any previously known virus. What’s more, it was far more complex. Typical viruses may have just a few genes. The new virus had over 900 — more than many species of bacteria.
Since then, Raoult and his colleagues have found over 150 different kinds of giant viruses all over the world, in oceans, mountains, and the bodies of animals (including our own). One kind of giant virus contains over 2,500 genes.

Exactly what giant viruses do with all those genes has remained mostly a mystery.
But on Monday, Raoult and his colleagues reported in Nature that some of those genes provide giant viruses with something never observed before in a virus: They have an immune system, one that works a lot like the CRISPR system in bacteria that scientists have co-opted as a powerful gene editing tool.

These so-called virophages slip inside the giant viruses and hack their biochemistry, much as the giant viruses do to their own protozoan hosts.
Raoult and his colleagues wondered if giant viruses were using a CRISPR-like defense system against Zamilon. To their surprise, they found that resistant giant viruses carried small pieces of the virophage’s DNA in their own genomes. When they searched the DNA that surrounded the Zamilon sequences, they found a gene that unwinds DNA, and another that slices it.

“What we know is that it’s critical,” said Raoult. “If you silence the genes, it doesn’t work anymore.”
Raoult said that like CRISPR, MIMIVIRE might be worth investigating as another potential gene editing tool: “It is different, so it may have different applications.”
Even if that search bears no fruit, Raoult thinks that MIMIVIRE is important for what it says about the evolution of giant viruses.
archive.is/9lev1
( Study: archive.is/VVVdD )

Where does the corny as fuck lingo in your pic come from?

I think people thinking human crispr based on the current corpus will work well are way too optimistic. The fact that we would essentially be doing trial-and-error tier human experiments if this were legalized is evidence of that. There remains a lot of shit in proteomics that still needs to be understood better before we ought to start intentionally fucking around with the germ line. At least eugenics were controlled by basic natural selection, this won't be, and if that doesn't concern you, I'm not sure what would.

That isn't evidence of anything. That is you scared of something you don't understand. Clearly you do not understand this, why have such a strong opinion on it?

Asians hate Trump coz he's racist.

No. Open source software exists because 99% of software production takes only labor, cheap mass consumer equipment (or one available in universities, at open-source's dawn) and has very short production cycles.

Still closed for all intents and purposes. Open hardware is either expensive and unsupported versions of closed one, or blinking led tier hipster garbage.

Blazing trainwreck running on hype, race to release and Dunning-Kruger.

Which are worse than guns assembled by mountain barbarians from junk with technology and tools available for century at least.

Does this mean furries will become real?

Eugenics by definition is artificial selection applied to human population.

It will be, in a 'no horde of mutants' sense. Ability to reproduce is first thing to break if you fuck with genes too much.

we're working on something much more impressive than just plastic parts, user.

Unfortunately, if the funding is there, this will be possible shortly after gender changes become possible. And you know those will get funded.

This is incorrect. On what do you base this?

The Salk scientists were able efficiently to edit non-dividing cells in the eye. Crispr has previously been most effective in dividing cells such as those in the skin and gut but most cells in an adult mammal are non-dividing.

Silence Therapeutics, a UK company, has used Crispr to add genes to living mice, which produced new proteins in their liver for 200 days with no apparent side-effects. Ali Mortazavi, chief executive, said the study showed that “in vivo” gene editing would be possible, as well as the “ex vivo” applications in which target cells are extracted, edited and put back into the body. Clinicians would use genome editing to make permanent genetic changes in patients, while reserving alternative RNA-based technologies for transient treatments.
archive.is/vY9Cj

So many people cucking themselves for the nips just because they like anime and video games. Get a fucking grip you faggots, nips are not white and never will be. Germany only allied with them out of convenience.

Wrong thread, friendo.

The inability of native Saccharomyces cerevisiae to convert xylose from plant biomass into biofuels remains a major challenge for the production of renewable bioenergy. Despite extensive knowledge of the regulatory networks controlling carbon metabolism in yeast, little is known about how to reprogram S. cerevisiae to ferment xylose at rates comparable to glucose. Here we combined genome sequencing, proteomic profiling, and metabolomic analyses to identify and characterize the responsible mutations in a series of evolved strains capable of metabolizing xylose aerobically or anaerobically. We report that rapid xylose conversion by engineered and evolved S. cerevisiae strains depends upon epistatic interactions among genes encoding a xylose reductase (GRE3), a component of MAP Kinase (MAPK) signaling (HOG1), a regulator of Protein Kinase A (PKA) signaling (IRA2), and a scaffolding protein for mitochondrial iron-sulfur (Fe-S) cluster biogenesis (ISU1). Interestingly, the mutation in IRA2 only impacted anaerobic xylose consumption and required the loss of ISU1 function, indicating a previously unknown connection between PKA signaling, Fe-S cluster biogenesis, and anaerobiosis. Proteomic and metabolomic comparisons revealed that the xylose-metabolizing mutant strains exhibit altered metabolic pathways relative to the parental strain when grown in xylose. Further analyses revealed that interacting mutations in HOG1 and ISU1 unexpectedly elevated mitochondrial respiratory proteins and enabled rapid aerobic respiration of xylose and other non-fermentable carbon substrates. Our findings suggest a surprising connection between Fe-S cluster biogenesis and signaling that facilitates aerobic respiration and anaerobic fermentation of xylose, underscoring how much remains unknown about the eukaryotic signaling systems that regulate carbon metabolism.
Through combined genome sequence comparisons and genetic approaches, we identified novel epistatic genetic interactions between mutations in HOG1, ISU1, GRE3, and IRA2 that enabled anaerobic xylose fermentation across multiple yeast strains engineered with xylose isomerase. Mutations in GRE3 and IRA2 were only beneficial for anaerobic xylose fermentation and required additional mutations in HOG1 and ISU1 to fully recapitulate the evolved Y128 phenotype (Fig 2C and 2D). Based on our combined genetic, proteomic, and metabolomic studies, we propose a model by which the mutations in the evolved Y127 and Y128 strains emerged and enabled xylose metabolism (Fig 7). The parental Y22-3 strain lacks sufficient metabolic activities in one or more steps in xylose catabolism, the pentose phosphate pathway, the glycolytic pathway, or some combination, to permit significant growth and fermentation of xylose aerobically or anaerobically (Fig 7A). Due to this inability, Y22-3 and other non-xylose metabolizing strains under aerobic conditions experience starvation stress, and respond by activating the ESR and Snf1p-controlled pathways that ordinarily allow metabolism of non-preferred and non-fermentable carbon substrates using the glyoxylate cycle (Figs 4 and 6B). Other transcriptomic and metabolomic studies of xylose metabolism identified up-regulation of glyoxylate cycle and non-fermentable carbon metabolism genes [58–62]; however, in some cases, these data were interpreted as an indication that up-regulation of these pathways was needed for xylose metabolism.
archive.is/A2do3

Prove you and the rest of these hacks can be trusted to ever meddle in these ordeals. If you cannot prove that then why should his supposed (your assumed) lack of knowledge on the topic be reason enough for you to cast his well concerned opinion aside or even be questioned?

I sure am glad the world will be soaked in ashes and hellfire, because, I wouldn't want to live in a future with people like yourself who are so confident about this WHILE saying at the same time to ignore any causes for concern. Heh.

There are causes for concern and there are solutions in knowledge and awareness.
Banning the technology (in the west and in the open) or restricting it needlessly only ensures that the nightmare scenarios happen in some underground lab without anyone else ever knowing until it is too late.

I read through this thread and a lot of your posts say to me, "Don't worry so much about it! Let us handle this, but, help me in my efforts to get there ;^)"

This technology and many others will be abused regardless of the consequences and with how the world is structured; this means wherever you may stand in this does not matter, user. You nor the supposed people whom MIGHT be able to eb trusted are the ones with the money or resources to truly back this or any technology. Which these new and ever advancing technologies that come about are always going to be a double edged sword. To avoid what you speak you would have to do so much more and it would in turn rob the world of what it cradles most.

You would have to have a future where all peoples are born of artifice and are watched at every given moment of their existence. Their actions guided only by influence of an entourage as well as their many other devices. While simultaneously making sure nothing exists outside these domains where people now only exist. You would also have to make sure there is no form of independence for people at all. Which is why I say you would need to eradicate everything outside this domain. Leaving only your place where safety can be established for the betterment of everyone. Essentially you are asking to make small steps to a world where this 'nightmare scenario,' cannot occur. While creating an entirely new nightmare, but, oh I am simply but a fear mongering man in the eyes of 'progress.'

Oh believe me I am aware of the potentiality for the good it could do others, but, in this life where is there not a struggle?

Whoops I meant to say you nor the people whom might be able to be trusted are NOT the ones with the money or resources to truly back this or any technology.

All I'm saying is that it is happening and censoring it won't even slow it down. Instead learn about it and make it good.

I don't get it, is that supposed to be an albino nigger?

Others scientists have argued that regulations will leave the U.S. behind countries like Sweden and China in the race to tap the potential of CRISPR, and right now, that latter group is being proven right. With one small trial on a patient suffering from an aggressive form of lung cancer, China has already made the giant leap to human CRISPR test subjects.
Now, the question isn’t so much if the U.S. can win this new global race, but whether or not the country is going to let extreme caution prevent it from even entering in time to compete.

Last month, synthetic biologists at Ginkgo Bioworks raised their glasses—filled with genetically modified beer—to cele­brate the launch of a new automated lab. By applying engineering principles to biology, and with the help of some nifty robotic equipment, Ginkgo has created a factory for churning out exotic life-forms, the likes of which have never before been seen on this planet.
archive.is/tPlJa

This week, international conservation and environmental leaders are calling on governments at the 2016 UN Convention on Biodiversity to establish a moratorium on the controversial genetic extinction technology called gene drives.
Gene drives, developed through new gene-editing techniques- are designed to force a particular genetically engineered trait to spread through an entire wild population – potentially changing entire species or even causing deliberate extinctions. The statement urges governments to put in place an urgent, global moratorium on the development and release of the new technology, which poses serious and potentially irreversible threats to biodiversity, as well as national sovereignty, peace and food security.
Over 160 civil society organisations from six continents have joined the call. Among them were environmental organizations including Friends of the Earth International; trade unions such as the International Union of Food Workers representing over 10 million workers in 127 countries; the largest global organization of small-scale famers La Via Campesina International, and organics movements like the International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movements; the international indigenous peoples’ organization Tebtebba; scientist coalitions including European Network of Scientists for Social and Environmental Responsibility and Unión de Científicos Comprometidos con la Sociedad (Mexico); as well as ETC Group and Third World Network.

archive.is/f4D8k

It's a meme by butthurt Italians, Greeks and Spaniards who can't accept the fact they've been infused with sandnigger genes. They like to claim the actual whites are the mediterraneans and that germanics, slavs, celts and finns are "snowniggers".
It's an understandable response to D&C calling mediterranean whites, sandniggers

Mutations in Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) are strongly associated with familial Parkinson’s disease (PD). High expression levels in immune cells suggest a role of LRRK2 in regulating the immune system. In this study, we investigated the effect of the LRRK2 (G2019S) mutation in monocytes, using a human stem cell-derived model expressing LRRK2 at endogenous levels. We discovered alterations in the differentiation pattern of LRRK2 mutant, compared to non-mutant isogenic controls, leading to accelerated monocyte production and a reduction in the non-classical CD14+CD16+ monocyte subpopulation in the LRRK2 mutant cells. LPS-treatment of the iPSC-derived monocytes significantly increased the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines, demonstrating a functional response without revealing any significant differences between the genotypes. Assessment of the migrational capacity of the differentiated monocytes revealed moderate deficits in LRRK2 mutant cells, compared to their respective controls. Our findings indicate a pivotal role of LRRK2 in hematopoietic fate decision, endorsing the involvement of the immune system in the development of PD.
archive.is/SAhDQ

Increased Paternal Age at Conception Is Associated with Transcriptomic Changes Involved in Mitochondrial Function in Elderly Individuals

The increased paternal age at conception (PAC) has been associated with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), schizophrenia and other neurodevelopmental disorders, thus raising questions that imply, potential health concerns in the offspring. As opposed to female oogonia, the male germ cells undergo hundreds of cell divisions during the fertile years. Thus, the advanced paternal age is associated with increase of point mutations in the male spermatogonia DNA, implying that this could be the major driving mechanism behind the paternal age effect observed in the offspring. In addition to replication errors, DNA replication fidelity and inefficient DNA repair machinery in the spermatogonia also contribute to the mutagenic load. Our study population consisted of 38 nonagenarians, participants in the Vitality 90+ Study, born in the year 1920 (women n = 25, men n = 13), for whom the parental birth dates were available. The gene expression profile of the study subjects was determined with HumanHT-12 v4 Expression BeadChip from peripheral blood mononuclear cells. We used Spearman's rank correlation to look for the associations of gene expression with paternal age at conception. Associated transcripts were further analyzed with GOrilla and IPA to determine enriched cellular processes and pathways. PAC was associated with the expression levels of 648 transcripts in nonagenarian subjects. These transcripts belonged to the process of mitochondrial translational termination and the canonical pathway of Mitochondrial dysfunction, more specifically of Oxidative phosphorylation. The observed systematic down-regulation of several mitochondrial respiratory chain components implies compromised function in oxidative phosphorylation and thus in the production of chemical energy.

In conclusion, we found that advanced paternal age at conception is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction manifested by small-scale down-regulation of the genes involved in mitochondrial translation and the respiratory chain, which was analyzed in PBMCs of nonagenarian individuals. Mitochondrial dysfunction is assumed to give rise to oxidative stress and the observed uniform down-regulation of respiratory chain complex genes could indeed result from excess oxidative stress produced in the oxidative phosphorylation. Advanced PAC has been linked to various adverse effects in offspring, such as detrimental birth outcomes and pregnancy effects, and mental illnesses. However, the study population was considered healthy in this respect. This suggests that the mechanism exerted by advanced PAC might act in threshold-like manner. Therefore, we can see some changes at the gene expression level of these nonagenarian individuals, even though they are phenotypically healthy, i.e., not suffering from the clinically described effects from advanced PAC. Interestingly, the pathophysiology of mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia and autism, are often linked to mitochondrial dysfunction, which could partially explain the association between mental illnesses and advanced PAC. Based on our results, advanced PAC could have a partial contribution to the pathophysiology of these neurological disorders, through mitochondrial defects.
archive.is/9gROW