/leftyk/ thread, post em if you got em!

/leftyk/ thread, post em if you got em!

In order to stimulate discussion…

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Instant_Criminal_Background_Check_System#Prohibited_persons
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/08/lsat-6-5mm-plastic-cased-ammo-armys-next-small-arms-program/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56×45mm_NATO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56×45mm_NATO#Performance
youtube.com/watch?v=fbHH5xZcVvQ
8ch.net/k/res/395841.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tm_DjUFb1I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtN3VYcFB0g
youtube.com/watch?v=xC03hmS1Brk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope someone shoots you like you shot those poor birds.

I like slavshit meme guns as much as the next /k/omrade, but if you live in a NATO country (especially burgerland) and your SHTF gun isn't chambered in 5.56/.308, you're a fuckin moron. You're needlessly creating a much larger possibility of dealing with ammo scarcity.

Hi Holla Forums

sghdgty

Real fucking NATO is .308 user…

Also 7.62x39 is like $250 for 1500 rounds so it makes sense to stockpile both.

Wasn't really sure what you meant by that phrasing tbh

7.62x39 is still decently cheap and inexpensive, sure, but you can buy once-fired military surplus NATO brass by the thousands for ridiculously cheap if you reload.

How does one get into guns? Everyone I know is centrist or liberal, and I live in New York state.

Slow day at the NSA, huh Robert?

Enjoy your IED

I'm not sure what the rules are in Jew York vis a vis liscencing, background checks, etc. so first you should look into that. Once you jump through all the hoops then you should look into what's legal and what you can afford. Good, cheap options for starters include a Ruger 10/22, SKS, low end AR-15, or Hi-Point carbine.

I have it at home, dissmantled cause I got it to the police to get it's permit renewed and I'm too lazy to reassemble it.

It's 4th pic anyway.

;_;

Country/state?

You wanna register me or something?
Lurk moar.

because there isn't a shitload of 7.62x39 or 5.45 or x54R in the US, no sir.

i have yet to obtain a gun for myself because of family.

Just wondering because I'm curious as to where you would be required to disassemble your gun while getting your permit renewed.

Y-you're not a Britcuck are you?

Hopping on the bandwagon, also in New York.
As far as background checks go, is anyone aware of how strict the rule is? I might have some medical records that mention depression, so I'd hate for that to keep me from possessing a firearm.
I never attempted anything, but I'm pretty sure I told my doctor or therapist that I had suicidal thoughts before.

I don't quite get the Holla Forums maymay, since 5.56 is a NATO rifle round. It's also perfectly usable in a fight. You don't need a fucking gigantic rifle round to shoot to kill anymore, ballistic research has made small rounds efficient.

And if you really need the firepower, .308 Winchester is actually more powerful than 7.62 NATO, IIRC, just enough of a difference to cause potential complications if used interchangeably. Both .308 and .223 are readily available, so why not use 'em?

Fuck buying corrosive ammo in bulk, I'm not going to maintain a rifle any more than I need to.

kek, that logic

The whole
meme is over, for the time being at least. It's the nature of surplus for there to be a limited supply of it, and that on top of the situation with Ukraine has kind of impacted the price of imported Eastern Bloc ammunition. And like I said before, you're simply never going to be able to beat thousands of rounds of once-fired surplus ammunition for half as cheap as the cheapest of 7.62x39 rounds. Invest in reloading equipment.

What is the best price/efficiency balanced weapon for a revolution?

Nah. Just south Europa.
And am not sure if the papers are yet ready, since feb.

If you're American and don't own an AR, you're a fucking larping idiot.

This, tbh

I subjectively like Soviet weapons better than NATO ones, but if you're at all serious about the possibility of having to use a gun for a fucking revolution, using a gun that doesn't fire rounds used by your country's military is fucking out of the question.

It depends on where you live, since that will determine which guns cost what and also the price/availability of ammo. For example SKS rifles cost about $250 in Canada but $400-500 in the U.S. because of an American ban on importing Chinese made weapons that Canada doesn't have, so we get all the cheap Chinese guns we want.

Similarly, 8mm Mauser ammo was and still is far more widely used in Europe than North America so buying a rifle chambered for that cartridge would be far more practical in Europe.

I wouldn't worry. This is what you're dealing with: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Instant_Criminal_Background_Check_System#Prohibited_persons

No.
We use lighter intermediate rounds now because engagements are taking place at shorter distances than before, and lighter packing/more rounds, mobility and greater rate of fire are advantageous. Designated marksmen still commonly use rifles in 7.62x51 or similar.
Trench warfare is not really a thing anymore, ever since armor and air superiority. It could see a return in some limited capacity if we had a Spain-type situation, but it's anyone's guess whether the full-sized battle rifles of yesterday would justify their supply issues in a revolution.

Yes, I suppose that when you compare "billions of rounds" to "tens of billions of rounds" then the NATO rounds are more widespread. But even still the billions of x39 are still extant and they are most definitely usable.

But haven't they found recently that 5.56 has some serious flaws? I remember reading on /k/ that they have been experimenting with 6.5 cartridges since 5.56 is practically useless past 300m and NATO troops were getting fired on from far greater ranges in Afghanistan and found themselves unable to return fire.

That's not the point. The AK and the AR are so close in terms of how preferable they are that there's really no reason to use an AK over an AR when 5.56 rounds are going to be vastly more plentiful than 7.62x39 rounds.

Tens of billions of rounds compared to billions of rounds isn't negligible, and I don't know if you realize how revolutions work, but usually what happens is the revolutionaries expropriate weapons and ammunition from the State. Having your own gun and your own stockpile is certainly preferable to that, but you're going to have to start expropriating rounds at some point, and there are literally going to be NATO rounds being brought to you when the police are being brought in to try to keep order.

The main advantage of an AK over an AR in any event is reliability, and that meme isn't as applicable as it used to be in comparing the AK to the M-16 in fucking Vietnam. Unless you live in an area with extremely poor conditions for operating a rifle and aren't able to clean it regularly - which you should be doing anyways - then there's really no fucking reason to get an AK over an AR unless you're a LARPer. Which is of course what the majority of Holla Forums is.

Gonna need some sauce on that.

Here's a sauce on the U.S. military potentially switching to 6.5, but I don't have anything about the Afghanistan incident (it was just something I heard on /k/ after all).

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/08/lsat-6-5mm-plastic-cased-ammo-armys-next-small-arms-program/

It's called engineering, you fucking retard. In the real world, optimum efficiency is not just pulled out of asses, it is refined over time. Even "full-size" rifle rounds are much smaller now than they were before because of improved weapon design.

They'd better call it .256 to avoid getting called communists.

Well from perusing the article, I don't expect that's going to actually happen. But in any event I don't think it's directly relevant to the debate over whether or not NATO or Soviet rounds are preferable. Really though, if it turned out that 5.56 rounds actually do have problems with not being able to go over 300m (which sounds ridiculous to me), I would just say then to just get a FAL and use .308.

By the time ammo of any type starts running scarce and revolutionaries would be forced to expropriate small arms and ammunition, we are talking about being years and years into the conflict at which point either the revolt has been crushed and you're not going to be taking ammo from the state, or personal reserves are going to be irrelevant after having the two hundred thousandth ammo dump and armory been raided and distributed.

Tens of billions vs billions makes a difference if we're talking about an organized revolutionary force comprised of millions of people which is able to procure and maintain its own armament, not on an individual scale

Also yes, 5.56 had problems over 300m when fired out of the M4 carbine because it wouldn't fragment properly and lost almost incapacitation capability. They had to redesign a bullet with a thinner jacket for the M4.

That's exactly what I've been talking about you dumbass. What do you think a revolution is?

And my point is that individual stockpiles of weapons and ammo are irrelevant to said organized revolutionary force so getting butthurt over people picking an AK for themselves is autism.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56×45mm_NATO

Imo from a geurilla's position .308 would be a preferable option because of greater versatility, and it's still quite common since its used in NATO issue marksman rifles and LMGs.

I believe the figure is more like 500m, but Afghanistan is indeed a notable example of modern guerrilla/asymmetric warfare with longer engagement ranges than what we've seen since Korea. It's worth studying.

Designing optimally efficient ogival projectiles is not at all difficult and there's little guesswork.
What specifically about weapon design has improved cartridge performance? The M16 uses the same action as the M1 Garand. Barrel length has the largest effect by far on muzzle velocity, but only up to a certain length determined by the cartridge.
Standard infantry aren't using 5.56x45 over 7.62x63 because weapon design has made them perform identically. It's based on the relative advantages and disadvantages of each.

Well fuck me. That makes sense
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56×45mm_NATO#Performance

Another New Yorker here. How do I into /k/? Just got a new job and nothing to spend the money on.

First up, learn the laws if you're going to do it legally. It's stupid but it keeps options open. If you're not going to go legal then I guess you get what you can off the streets or from people you know.

Second, figure out what you're going to do with your gun and use that to set parameters on what you're buying. Compile a list of potential firearms.

Third, see if you can borrow, rent, test, etc. some of the firearms on your list and see which you like in your hand.

A little disappointed that Holla Forums is buying into the gun autism shit.

Looking towards the no gun utopia is one of the things I admire the left for, and I feel like the current situation is a libertarian parasite on nationalism.

You don't need a gun. Guns kill people.

Guns don't kill people.
I KILL PEOPLE!

those birds did literally nothing wrong

They were fascist birds.

not birds. Fascists.

lol at the stupid comic
wouldn't that policy make large shootings practically disappear, as the guy would be only able to fire off a few shots before being killed by the person pointing a gun at him he didn't see? Not that it's a good policy, just… effective?

Bird Fascists (the worst kind)

Not even a faggot like , but why those birds
What the fuck man

Because I ate them? Wild grouse is fucking delicious.

youtube.com/watch?v=fbHH5xZcVvQ

Should've said so earlier, dingus.

I thought it was pretty obvious tbh.

why are slavshit meme guns so fucking awesome? I yearn for an Obrez and its basically the biggest piece of garbage you can possibly have

just saw off any bolt action rifle

The meme power of Slavs is only matched by that of Finns.

must be Mosin tovarish is not same otherwise:(

Any advice for someone wanting a gun in Britbongistan?

Move.

true, attempting to outmeme mongols is bad idea

how is there no simo häyha spurdo, thats just wrong

Vote BNP

import a turkish blank pistol, have someone that can weld .380acp/9mmkurz barrel in(or nigger-rig it)

Someone mentioned this on /k recently, and ive fucking seen these things here, super blocky glawk fawtyish looking, apparently its one of the few blank pistols that is solid enough, you can even go full auto if you are retard

heres the thread, zoraki thats what theyre called, most of the darkmarket gaterats you can get in western yuroop are these

8ch.net/k/res/395841.html

I am not a wallah snackbar, and also not a german/iranian

lol

Come on guys, we're better than this!

any amerifags here willing to start a left wing gun club? we can avoid FBI by claiming we're a patriotic liberals group

Noguns (for the immediate future) here, what do you think about the ruger charger vs the 10/22 as babby's first?

I'd mostly murder targets because I've little interest in hunting wildlife, and the reduced size seems nice for a car/backpack gun.

Perfect.

What is this meme?

Please despond

lol

I've never shot either a 10/22 or a charger, I was just giving you /k/'s list of basic bitch starter guns.

Any .22 is good to start because they are cheap, the ammo is cheap, and shooting them is a good way to get familiar with gun safety and proper shooting techniques, so I would recommend to go with whatever you can afford and whatever appeals to you. Go to a gun store, take a look at what looks cool, finger fuck a few, and pick something you like.

Fair enough.

Thanks comrade.

this meme socdem
never change

Also it's a good idea to take a look at some gun channels on YouTube. Some good ones include IraqVereran88, Hickock45, TFBTV Alex C a cute, InRangeTV, and Forgotton Weapons Ian a cute too

Also good videos if you're looking to break into the gun scene…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tm_DjUFb1I

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtN3VYcFB0g

That was just the M855. M855A1 manages to break up at smaller velocities and in more violent ways.

5.56 is a fine round. Keep using it.

what did he mean by this

old people burning old people burning

youtube.com/watch?v=xC03hmS1Brk

100% agreed tbqh

stay mad moralfags

Yeah, but I can't skulk around the jungles of Zimbabwe in short shorts with a puke green and snot yellow AR-15 now can I?

I have a criminal record, so there is no way that I`m getting a gun(unless war with Russia brakes out and national mobilization takes place that includes all the reserves).

You can do what says, but that can get you serious prison time. For the time being, go to the gym, get fit, learn some martial arts or do some boxing take self defence lessons or something that will make you semi capable in a fight. Think about getting your hands on stuff that's legal but can be used as weapons, the biggest knives and meat cleavers you can legally own, axes, baseball bats, crowbars hammers, knuckle dusters, snooker balls in a sock. Read up on making petrol bombs. The one advantage of being in a nogunz society is that most of the police and the fascists wont have guns either, so at least the playing field is still more or less even.

Already has been beat to death but yeah I don't see the point of abstaining from 5.56 if you for example live in the US. Maybe if you live innadesert or mountains and want something with a bit more range but I think comrades should be steered towards Slavshit for pricing purposes only. I still find Mosins cheaper than the average dinged hunting rifle locally.

Where do ya live? Some places don't care about black powder reproductions enough to license them or forbid felons from obtaining. It's something in any case.

The flag just arrived yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to iron out the creases yet.

Is that an 870 or a Mossy? Also why do you just have an AR lower? Are you building your own?

It's 'technically' a Mossberg. It's a Maverick 88, the budget version.

Yes, I'm building an AR. Slowly but steadily.

Unfortunately AR's are "restricted" status in leafland so I need a special licence to get one, and even then I can only use it at the range and the RCMP will be on my ass the whole time. Luckily slavshit still goes for cheap, $250 for an SKS so that will start me off until I can afford something in a NATO round. Since all our 5.56 options like the Tavor and T97 are prohibitively expensive (and also I'm a lefty so bullpups aren't really an option) I'm probably going to go with the Norinco M14 clone.

Real fuckin NATO is still pretty common since it's a popular hunting round and is used by the military.

Also going to get an 870 or Maverick after my SKS.

Quality on Remingtons is still a crapshoot so I'd suggest a Mossberg. Better quality for comparable price, and much better quality in the budget range. I've owned an 870 Express as well as my Maverick, and the latter is better by leaps and bounds.

I don't know about the ammo situation in Canada, but in the US prices are crazy inflated right now. 7.62NATO really isn't economically viable for someone with as limited a budget as I have. Occasionally a big surplus palette ends up at an online retailer, but generally you'll pay anywhere from 10 to 25 cents more per round on .308 compared to .223

Chinese surplus .308 is going for about 60 cents/round right now. Significantly more expensive than x39 or 54r, but I would feel the need to stockpile less since it is such a common round among civilians here.

Here's a chart, and some other stuff

That last pic is very misleading, in the UK gun permits are approved at the discretion of the police. The guidelines state that you must provide a "valid" reason for owning a gun, they certainly won't approve one for self defence in the city and they would never let you own a .50 calibre sniper rifle with light armour piercing capabilities.

And a gun license is £50 for a year per weapon should anyone here wish to take up "hunting". ;)

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying that.
WEW. Here in (some) states, you buy a license for either a certain number or years or a lifetime, and it goes for all of your guns rather than per gun.

Quail murdering bastard. I had some pet quail a long time ago. Wonderful animals.

My ruger pea shooter here is for the murder of cans and bottles, not innocent animals.

They're grouse actually.

BrrrrrICK FROG!

I've got a FiveseveN. Wanna get a carbine or something now. Idk.

I wonder who's behind this post.

I've been shooting poor birds since I was 14!
The were DELICIOUS!

The ideological superstructure of the birdgoisie is everywhere comrade.

Why does this shit sound like some Slav dude just handed in his essay homework for his English language class? Possibly also drunk while writing it.

It's an SCP meme article that people find funny, basically.

Since you obviously enjoy firearms chambered in one dollar bills why not go for a PS90 and share ammo.

ehhh, close enough.