Hello

Hello
Today I'd like to present a library to help you deal with these pesky segfaults. Production ready `asegv` not only will stop users of your software from complaining about your crappy programming skills but will also make them enjoy these moments when your software decides to misbehave. `asegv` was made with ease of use in mind. All you have to do is link it with your software and voila! For the situations when you don't have the source code or are too lazy to compile it is possible to add this amazing library with LD_PRELOAD, no problem!
Just remember to decompress it first with `xz -d`

a.uguu.se/ehKyn4hdPnNm_libasegv.so.xz

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/blob/master/src/posix/sdl/i_main.cpp
a.uguu.se/DEji8BtEVgHm_asegv.diff.xz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That would be our DOOM

Does it also solve UB?

What the fuck

Also cures software cancer

I'll just sick to gdb + valgrind

For everyone who doesn't feel like running a dynamically linked shared object which through an oversight still has a dependencies on SDL2 (and also zlib, libjpeg etc.) left…
Good one, OP.

you've missed the 'sudo' part though

Where is the source code?
Do you think people will simply run your botnet blob?
And what exactly does it do? It magically turns compiled C code into PHP or something?

It seems to be gzdoom but with a few extra functions to set up a signal handler. Unfortunately gzdoom is under a cuck license and is not fully compatible with the GPL. Quick RE:
void handle(int signal) { int argc = 1; char argv[][] = {"gzdoom"}; if (signal != SIGSEGV) { return; } fprintf(stderr, "Caught SIGSEGV: Starting DOOM\n"); run(argc, argv);}void init() { signal(SIGSEGV, handle);}
This is bundled along with gzdoom. The run function is actually the main function from github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/blob/master/src/posix/sdl/i_main.cpp but renamed to run. It also looks like OP didn't properly create argv so that the array terminated with a NULL element, though this could be a side effect from the compiler / my reverse engineering.
I didn't check if OP did anything else with the binary, so you should still be weary about running it.

*by bundled, I mean that OP bundled it

Hey, OP here. Tomorrow I'll try to provide diff of the gzdoom repo just to show how big of a botnet I created.

I've known OP for some time through IRC now and did some static analysis like before running it on reduced privileges. Just wanted to provide a screenshot for the rest before he never eventually delivers his source patch.

gzdoom is fully gpl

Whoops, my bad. I was looking at zdoom which didn't look to be GPL.

We forgive you. x

Here's the diff against the gzdoom repo containing headers with gzdoom.pk3 and doom1.wad
a.uguu.se/DEji8BtEVgHm_asegv.diff.xz

I'm working on a better tool. Whenever there's a segfault, it deletes your OS and programs and replaces them with new ones written in Rust.

redox liveinstaller?

They won't. Corporate inertia knows no bounds.