The whole plot would have been avoided if Shaw just didn't reactivate David

The whole plot would have been avoided if Shaw just didn't reactivate David.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/umPp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I enjoyed it. The scene with the alien embryos and skeletonsee was cool, David was badass and was great as a villain and the showdown between David and Walter was fucking epic. David was a much scarier villain than the aliens imo because we all know a "David" IRL.

All in all I rate it 8/10

Gas the 8ft tall pale dudes race war now

David was legitimately intimidating. The protomorph evolution was good, but could've been expanded by a good 20 minutes to give the viewer a little more detail, and watching James Franco die in the first 10 minutes was the highlight. Also even the Xenos know, burn the coal, pay the toll.

All in all, it was breddy gud for a reboot. Solid 8/10 waiting on a directors cut

Fuck off, smaefag.

Your b8 wasnt strong enough.
You should have used a picture of the original Alien and said something like "hey fags, what if ALIEN didnt exist?"

But it is legitimate plot hole in Covenant. Why did Shaw need to reactivate David? Did she need him to fly the ship or something?

What the fuck is a David?

I agree with you. Movie was solid and will be remembered fondly in the future.

literally who
literally who

Covenant was legitimately underwhelming. The Neomorphs were scarier than the Xeno. It needed some real trimming of the fat to be honest, the characters weren't likable enough to support the dead zones where fuck all happens. I found myself saying a lot of the time "when does David come back?" because David and the clipped hair chick were the only interesting characters.

Prometheus and Covenant just make me think that Ridley Scott has other horror ideas in him. An android with a god complex that creates monstrous entities is a decent premise on it's own that could support a separate horror sci-fi film. But instead it is tied to Alien (which hasn't been scary in decades) and feels like Rogue One tier 'look at all this shit you like, have it again!'.

4/10, okay film, not solid enough for five sequels like what is planned. An expanded universe for Alien like Star Wars or Marvel would just be generic shit over and over until Resurrection starts looking good by comparison.

Isn't it supposed to be a trilogy? This really felt like a middle part, with no real ending and having seen the previous film pretty much being a requirement.

kill yourselves, the only good part of the movie was the unintended camp of the gay robot and his flute.

>>>/lgbt/

I went to see the movie multiple times. It was solid. I even bought the sound track. Pretty similar to the sound track of the first film, but it was nice to actually hear the same pieces in another Alien film. This felt more like an Alien film to me than a lot of the shit we have seen in the past 25 years.

O’Bannon & Giger are turning in their graves – I hope you are happy.

You truly are the best of goys.

I meant unintentionally funny you faggot cuck.

of course you did you knobgobbler.

Why did a small fully grown alien burst out of the guys chest
Why did the small fully grown alien then begin to mimic Davids movements?

Didn't O'Bannon want the Predators to have created the Aliens or some weird shit when they had him work on AvP? Also O'Bannon was against androids in the Alien series.

O’Bannon didn’t work on AvP.
He only has credit on anything post Alien because he made the original film.

No, you're wrong. They tried to bring him in during pre-production, but they didn't use his ideas I think. Also O'Bannon's other big work is Return of the Living Dead, which aped someone else's film so much they got sued for it. I mean I like O'Bannon but he wasn't some creative god. His script had to be edited to take it from standard horror to the more complex film we got.

Also I don't get the point about Giger giving a shit, he's just the guy that draws terrifying shit with human beings becoming mechanized and also contributed some art to Prometheus.

Ridley Scott should have kept the neomorphs small and he should have also given them firearms. Then it would have been Black Hawk Down in Space but with no rescue convoy.

This is a really good point. Aliens could never be scary again after Aliens.

What?!? We all know psychotic androids with god complexes IRL?

If they absolutely had to revisit the Alien universe I wish they would have done something completely out there and cool, and not try to make it serious – and fail completely, making a mess that tries to be deep and thought-provoking.

Here’s the full interview btw:
The Den of Geek interview: Dan O'Bannon | Den of Geek: archive.is/umPp

This interview is great, Dan O'Bannon is /ourguy/

This shit is as bad as Prometheus isnt it?

It's not nearly as good as Prometheus.

Once it will be completed it will be the greatest trilogy ever.
I just hope we had a sex scene with Shaw and David while a chestbuster was coming out while she was cuming on drug.
Cuckino.

It's better than Prometheus imo.

Yup, exactly what I was referring to, and it's something more retarded than Riddle's ideas. O'Bannon needed other people to come in and flesh out his basic ideas to make them better. I'm not saying he isn't very important to Alien, but his original script was built upon and polished into something better.

I bet you think Rogue One is better than the Prequels too.

One bad idea does not invalidate the rest of his career. He was a good screenwriter.

Did you not watch Prometheus? That's exactly why she put his head back on.

except invasion 78 is the best version, all the others are trash in comparison.

it"s a pretentious slasher flick.

You could argue that's what ALIEN always was though.

nice strawman, I didn't even see Rogue One, Alien isn't Reddit Wars

If thats not the mother of retcons i dont know what is. They wanted to make Prometheus completely irrelelvant, the whole point of that shitty movie was making us imagine how humanity creators world would be like.

not all the engineers were wiped out, they're going to be in the next film (if Fox makes it, if they don't fuck them)

Aliens franchise cant be fucked anymore than it already is

this pretty much

I turned it off 40 minutes in because it was the exact same thing as half of the previous movies in this franchise. "Ship full of hyper & irrational people make bad decisions & all get themselves killed, plus there's an android".

Only the prequels are pure unfiltered reddit, get it right.

Take a hike Mike, you self-loathing kike.

Yep thats basically it and its why alien 3 assembly cut is probably one of the best and only good ones

I think you mean the prequels and the disney wars movies.

False, that planet was just a small Engineer colony, it was not their home world. That being said it was pretty stupid that this god-tier ancient alien race had no means of defending itself, though you could argue Fassbender bot had a large element of surprise.

Stop trying to force this meme, the prequels are pure kino and reddit fucking hates them because RLM tells them what to think. The original trilogy are reddit tier and nu-Wars is tumblr tier.

You are the sort of cancer that ruined the alien franchise. Kill yourself right fucking now.

Take your own advice, reddit.

I know you're just joking, but there are people here stupid enough to fall for this.

yeah the force awakens had a black guy and a woman in it, i was triggered as fuck, that white genocide shit is fucking problematic and toxic, MAGA

Underrated post, it rhymes.

This what it looks like when Holla Forums attempts humour.

When you think about it, then we never would've had the events of Alien or Aliens take place.