Witch King: You fool. No man can kill me. Die now

*shivers*

Are LOTR films the quintessential feminist kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/deus_ex_machina
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ugh she's wearing armor & fighting like a man, fucking problematic toxic anti-male anti-white cultural marxism, saged & reported

This really confuses me. Did she imply she was an Elf, through the distant Elven heritage of her Amrothian grandmother?

I still clap everytime i see this scene. Even when I'm alone. Which i usually am

Since men caused all the wars, only a woman and power of love could've killed the witch king.

this confuses me too. She is of the race of men so technically wouldn't she too be a "man"? Or was the witch king punked when he sold his soul and should have read the fine print?

So gnomes can kill witch kings?

As long as some Elven lord prophetizes it, then yes.

Yes, although that scene is more of a reflection on the Witch King's hubris than how cool it is to have a vagina. The Two Towers is far more egregious about it, especially the warg attack scene. Eowyn, in a cute little blue dress and with no weapons, reckons she can take a gang of orcs riding enormous evil wolves. Bizarre. Were the writers trying to make her look stupid? It's not like what she was being told to do (lead the people to Helm's Deep) was ignoble or unimportant.

Middle Earth runs on poetic justice, as soon as you say the word "technically" your argument is wrong. Besides, she had a hobbit helping her.

Literally the only reason she was able to kill the Witch King is because Merry stabbed him first. Merry's sword made the Witch King vulnerable, because of magic Tom Bombadil reasons. If Merry wasn't there, her 'I am no Man' face stab would have done nothing and she'd have been crushed by his mighty mace. But the theatrical versions of the film practically removed this detail so everyone thought she was being a 'badass'. It really separates those who watched the film and those who read the book.

Correction: "Tom Bombadil reasons" is misleading, Tom gives the swords to the hobbits, but he didn't make the swords. The Men of the Westernesse did, specifically to kill the ring-wraiths and stop the spell keeping them undead.

>>>/lit/

>Not >>>/arda/

WTF I HATE TOLKINO NOW?!

there was a part of the tom bombadil arc in the Fellowship of the Ring where Frodo gets almost captured by a Wight in it's barrow. Long story short, they escape and loot some short swords which are actually magic and were made by the guys in Arnor ages ago specifically to kill the Witch King.
Eowyn literally did nothing. Merry killed the Witch King (by stabbing him in the knee).

She did distract the nazi-ghoul.

See this is why based Christopher Tolkien won't let Hackson mutilate the Silmarillion

Maybe, but that wasnt like the shit we are seeing now. Now it is make it so retarde you cant stay immersed in the story.

LotR promotes racemixing

Tolkien's Elves and to quality high Men only differ spiritually.

Sure thing, buddy.

They don't have pointy ears. And the rest of the things you mentioned are purely result of spiritual differences. Read the Bible, I recommend King James' version, the only one protected by the Holy Spirit from printing errors.

Aragorn is part elf, normalfag.
Thats why he's 87 or 88 when The Fellowship of the Ring starts.

It's the hobbit who kills him, not her. He:

The dunedains[sic?] lived longer than the other peoples, you cumgurgling cuck.

she looks like she just swallowed a

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Or are you so steeped in irony at this point you can't stop trolling?

Do you ever get tired of making excuses for racemixers? Or are you so cucked at this point that you just can't help it?

Aragorn is already mixed-race, so mating with an elf just further improves his offspring. They will live longer than him, with more elvish blood.
Isn't that why you jews love race mixing so much?

wew lad

You realize that Arwen is half-elf also, right? Elrond is half-elf.
Aragorn is descended from Elrond's brother Elros.
You really think Holla Forums has a problem with a white guy fucking an elf? You clearly don't understand eugenics.
You are a jew.
You are arguing semantics about a subject matter you don't know about with the intention to troll.

Pretty sure it was the hobbits magical blade he got from the Barrow-wights in the old forest that killed the Witch king not some cunt.

leftist director pushing leftism ….. typical.

What's the argument against elvish/human race mixing again?

You're being antisemantic now.

Really it was the hobbit's magic dagger that killed the Witch King or at least weakened him enough.
Eowyn's line is really just meant to be a bit of wordplay about a woman and a halfling killing him and a jab at the Witch King's overconfidence in his immortality. It's wasn't meant to be dude feminism lmao.

Quick! Where are you now?
/Christian/
Holla Forums
Holla Forums

What's the difference?

Take one glance at /christian/ and you can see how upset they are with Holla Forums not following their religion. Not even Holla Forums bitches about Holla Forums as hard as /christian/ is these days.

The sad thing about /christian/ is the fact that other than being too invested in a Semitic belief, they are actually quite woke.

I wish Holla Forums would be intelligent enough to realise that the usury ratmen aren't the same as the Jews of the Bible and that if the kikes hate Christ more than anything maybe he had a point.

No they left out the blades they got from the barrow wights which were made by elves to counter the witch kings magic when he was mortal.

Except they totally are, and their kvetching about white achievement is consistent with their kvetching in real life. For example, see the book where they literally compare the king of babylon to satan and do it in the most jewish way possible where the train of thought jumps from the king to satan without a single break. The jews hated babylon just like they hated rome. They hate all that is achievement and the whites who create it.

They hate him because he wrecked their temple and even after they had him killed, his followers created a successful jewish sect that rivaled theirs. Except his followers adopted the tactic of recruiting other races other than jews. It has nothing to do with his "teachings" which were written into canon hundreds of years later, it has to do with the fact that they got out-jew'd.

His story is literally the product of jewish kvetching about a vandal NEET. "He died for your sins" is a variation of muh 6 gorillion.

This is about on the same level as those pastas that claim Hitler was working for the Jews.

She clearly said, "I am gnome anne." Is Eowyn an incarnation of Gnome Anne and kept her powers hidden until she needed it most?

You could have started from the top of the pyramid, but you chose to start from the bottom.

Really makes you think.

I'm not really interested in arguing tbh, famalam. But if you really want to wrinkle your raisin then suppose for a moment that you're right and Christianity outjewed the Jews, why wouldn't you adopt it? It saved the Roman empire from collapse and it's the basis for most of western high culture. What's your argument against it even?

And secondly, what do you suggest it be replaced with then? Without God you can't have a civilization. Are you one of those faggots who think paganism is viable?

You can't compare it to irl racemixing really tbh, except maybe between different groups of whites
In Tolkiens universe the main objection is that Elves and Men share different fates - therefore in order to share the same fate the two lovers must appeal to Illuvatar to change the natural law for one of them.
Hence Luthien died as a Man, and Tuor went to Valinor and lived as an Elf forever. By LOTR idk how this works though since it's not the Elder Days

that's probably the single most cringy scene of the whole trilogy

It was a Macbeth reference. Only dummies didn't understand it.

>

Yeah, dude.
There totally wasn't corruption in the Roman senate.
There totally weren't covert assassinations.
There ''totally weren't frequent civil wars when charismatic generals wanted power.
There totally weren't degenerate pagan emperors
Roman paganism a shit, and you know it. If all the reason you have to be apart of a religion is because "muh ancestors did it", you are using nigger-tier bushman logic.

They are a different MAGICAL forms of a living being in a form of a man. You can't compare it to the modern jew defined "races" due to elves being perfect in all forms.
They're a an ideal, immortal creature, loved by the gods and are in the mortal realm only due to a bling chase that went too far.

Date of birth
March 1, 2931
Year ascended to the throne
May 1, 3019
Date of death
FO 120 (aged 210)

aditionally, they are not races but species. There are different races of man in lotr, like dunedain and these mongols from rhun

Men are loved by the Valar too, but the reason Elves are closer to the Gods is because they share the same fate and dwell in the same place (valinor). Both the Valar and Elves are bound to the circles of the world forever, while Men (the favourite children of Illuvatar) have a fate the allows them to escape the circles of the world.
Calling the Elves 'ideal' is a bit of a stretch - they're closer to Godliness but they still have flaws (most clearly seen in the Noldor) and while Men are more easily led astray, the remain the favourite children of Illuvatar and it's Men who ultimately rule over all of Middle-Earth after the Elves depart or fade.
Personally I see it as two distinct species that simply have different purposes in the world, but mixing of the two is clearly not impossible and in fact serves a purpose. But it's very rare so any comparison to negative irl racemixing is dumb.

To be fair, that isn't why he was killed, it was due to the weapon that killed him. Of course most feminists and women don't realize this.

Well yeah, many of them don't understand what's occurring throughout the movie. They just see huge battle and get a general idea of the plot.

This, tbh. Only The Lord of All and Giver of Freedom could guarantee Mankind's salvation from having their souls consumed by the ever-hungry Eru after death, through immortality inside the Creation where Melkor's ever lasting presence shields the Children from Eru's wanton and undeserved wrath.

Hackson cut the barrow-downs so it kind of got lost in the adaption.

Aragorn saying "These blades were made by my people to fight the foe we face tonight" would have been succinct and better than the book.

Men are the favoured children of Illuvatar you fool
Elves are the Firstborn but not the chosen ones

And Eru propably isn't even real and Akallabêth was a Valar inside job.

Accept Ar-Pharazôn as your immortal King and Lord of the West today.

smh tbh fam
t. Dwarf

The whole point of Akallabêth was that Men started to see their gift as a doom which in turn brought real doom on them. Death is a gift, fear of death is a doom.
your argument also falls apart given that Númenór only existed because of the Valar in the first place

Dwarves aren't children of Illuvatar though

The dagger that stabbed the Witch-King pretty much killed him, and it was used by a Hobbit, not a Human. However, that alone couldn't end him. So a human woman, then, could finish the deed. A non-human, and a non-male, working together, put him down. Technically, the best bet would have been an Elven Woman, but the Witch-King would have played more seriously then and would likely have won. A Hobbit Woman with a sneak attack would probably work too. The best attack, however, would be to have the Eagles take a female hobbit with the ring into high orbit and then shattering back to Middle-Earth as a meteor. The intense heat from entry would have exceeded that of Mount Doom, destroying the ring, while at the same time granting enough energy to the female hobbit for her to act as a miniature asteroid and annihilate the Witch-King, at the cost of her life.

How progressive!

WHO THE FUCK IS TALKING ABOUT ELVES!!!!

This is apparently how it pans out. Aragorn's elf percentage is so low that it rounds to zero. He is blessed with long life because he is one of the Dúnedian, not because of a significant amount of elven blood.

Leafburners BTFO

Eru gives every important Elf/Human pair the same "gift", i.e turning them into the same species.

In Tolkien's work, God himself steps to prevent race mixing.

I think the twist is that shes an orc rather than a human?

How progressive!

You're especially disengenuinous for ignoring the fact that the corruption was brought about because of christian nepotism. Christian-Roman politicians subverted were giving favors, usually positions and titles to other christians and marginalized non-christian politicians until in order to participate you first had to be christian. Soon after rome collapsed.

Really makes you think.

Im not the guy you are replying to: But I think you are conveniently ignoring the fact that the Roman Empire was built on nepotism. Hundreds of years before Christianity took hold.

Basically you are both wrong.

It isn't based on blood.
Remember how Arwen chooses to be mortal?
The dunedian are the most direct descendants of the Numenor kings, who in turn were came from a half elf half man that DECIDED to be a mortal man by forfeiting the gift.
Who was Elrond's brother.
Shit's magical.

The main problem is that you're a leftyshit trying to mock something and put Holla Forums logic to work on things that aren't even possible in the real world.
And when you get BTFO'd by anons that actually know their shit you ignore them and harp on.
It's funny how you desperate idiots try to battle over something that you know an average Holla Forums visiting user likes and try to twist it.
Thinking that everyone here is from that board.
Pretty pathetic if you look at it.
The only thing that you achieve is yet again proving that leftypol is a cancerous board full of idiots that can't get over their condition of brain rot.
Fuck off back to your board >>>Holla Forums

And for God's sake, learn to use memes effectively. You really live up to the reputation of your board.

"I'm no Man"

okay I'm fine with that

"I'm no Man……..AAaaaaAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAUUUUUUGUGGGGGGGUUUHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

WTF

That's actually false though Eru Illuvatar's favored were the race of men, and the elves were known to be jealous as fuck about it. Eru granted men the gift of mortality which meant unlike the elves they alone could exist outside the song of the Valar and were free to shape their own destinies. Of course Sauron tricked men into believing death was actually a curse rather than a gift which led to the fall of Numenor.

Numenoreans have an average lifespan of 400 years. Only the "lesser races" of men native to middle earth have a typical human lifespan. (Men of the North, Rohirrim, Easterlings, Dunlendings etc.)

this. It's supposed to be a fan service reference to events that take place in the Legendarium. After the fall of Fornost, the combined host of Elrond and Gondor smashed the armies of Angmar and whilst they were pursuing their general they realized he was actually the witch king and one of the elven lords basically said "let him escape, for no man shall slay him" or something like that anyway. Granted if your a movie viewer only It's understandable how this could be mistaken for "muh female empowerment".

That was only the True Kings™. Other Numenorians were long lived, but not so much. Longevity was a divine blessing, and true kings were extra blessed and the blessing waned after the Fall, not because of race mixing, but diminishing lessening blessing. (That is, if you believe the pro-Eldacar propaganda.)

Aragorn becoming the True King™ was why lived so much longer than his immediate ancestors.

Reminder that non-sequitur religious D&C is Freech and should be reported and ignored.

Yes I should've specified Numenorean royalty were longer lived than Numenorean commoners.
Their average life span was still between 300-350 years though, far longer than the lesser races of men.
Well it is worth mentioning that despite both Kingdoms of Exile being founded and ruled by Numenoreans, they were still a tiny minority. Most of the men of Gondor and Arnor were not actually Numenoreans only the nobility were. That said race-mixing was illegal for the royalty, but it's still highly possible the few non-noble Numenoreans interbred with local human populations.

They had a whole civil war over royal racemixing and the racemixers won.

Found the quote I was referring to
The "I am no man" shit is a cheeky reference to this, though as others have stated his death was really by the hand of a hobbit.

That's precisely what I said, user. Your post is spot on.

Wasn't this a Kinslaying of some sort? I remember this, though, it's why the Kings of Gondor eventually dwindled into a race of lesser men

Nah, their longevity continued to diminish at the same rate regardless of who they married. Unless you believe they did some Egyptian style record manipulation to cover for the mongrel Eldacar.

just to point something out, the Nazgul werent undead they were Wraiths, they simply faded away but were present physicaly, Peter Jackson was a fucking retarded who changed key scenes and plot motives for his own amusement

Also he didnt explain in the movie that Aragorn gave those Wrath weakening swords to Hobbits in first movie, there is just a scene where he throws swords at them and they catch them in mid air

Christcucks will never admit they are the destroyers of white civilization, a christcuck is worse than a kike at this point, always kill a traitor before the enemy.

Deus ex machina - LotR is riddled with convenient things like this.

its not Deus Ex Machina Aragorn hailed from the Northern lands where Wraiths also come from, i think the only stupid thing there was giving them to hobbits instead of skilled fighters like Gimli or Boromir

Gandalf already had an Sword like Sting as did Legolas, Boromir would have never traded his Gondorian Broadsword for a elongatet knife. Finally no way anyone seperates a dwarf from his axe.

They were made by the blacksmiths of ARNOR, the North Kingdom. Those blades were made by humans.

The books are damn specific that Numenorians started to live less because they mixed up with lesser men. It's right there, on the Apendix.

In the books, the hobbits get those swords from the tombs of Fornost Erain, The Northern King Citadel - ruins of one of the small Northen kingdoms that were destroyed by the Witch-King of Angmar. It's not a deus ex machina, it is (divine?) payback.

Gandalf had THE elven sword - Glamdring, the sword King Turgon of Gondolin.

What about Arwen/Glorfindel showing up out of nowhere to save Frodo and the Wraiths pissing off to give the heroes a chance to escape?

I'm disappointed how poorly my bait performed.

So was it a deus ex machina that Yukon Cornelius found Herbie and Rudolph before the Bumble attacked? You're just being ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that scene isn't about muh wimmin empowerment, but just to defeat the witch king in the most humiliating way. Is there anything more humiliating for some dark overlord than to be killed by a woman?

You can't call something that happens at the 20% mark of the story a Deus Ex Machina in any case. The whole point of a Deus Ex Machina is that it comes in at the very last moment and cleanly wraps up a story that is otherwise fucked with no solution.

A character getting saved early in the story isn't a Deus Ex Machina, it's the plot continuing on. Saving Frodo doesn't resolve the plot - it resolves one present situation. Resolving the plot would be if Frodo and Sam got captured, and then suddenly a Valar came down and tossed the Ring in the volcano.

*Numenorian humans. They were more advanced as the normies in ME and on par with the elves.

Gandalf emphasizes that the good side ALSO has blessing from the higher realms. As Sauron was using Morgoth's evil magic mroe directly for creating orc armies.
The blessing doesn't work in a direct way, but more like the TES Luck attribute. Slight pushes in the right directions.
Gandalf's resurrection was the most direct one. Bombadil's push of hobbits into the Barrow Downs was another.
Since he obviously knew that they would be trapped by the wights. And they got their numenorian swords that eventually killed their old for, the witch king of Angmar.

Yes you fucking can.
You are really grasping at straws now.

No, you can't you ignorant nigger.

A Deus Ex Machina shows up at the end of a story to resolve all dangling plot points. The Odyssey has a Deus Ex Machina because Athena shows up and makes peace between Odysseus and the families of the suitors. You are simply calling a plot point you find improbable a Deus Ex Machina.

Look up 'deus ex machina', you cumgurgling cockslut.

en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/deus_ex_machina

Not that user but the hobbits getting swords from the Barrow-Downs is just setup, then the payoff comes at the fields of Pelennor. A Deus Ex Machina is when you have no setup but resolve the plot anyway.

You don't understand anything how things work in LOTR.

In RL, race-mixing has a higher chance of producing inferior offspring (immunity, health issues).
That is not the case in LOTR, at least not with elves. A half elf can either choose to become a "pure" elf or a improved human. There are no downsides, thus, there is no problem.

There's not a Desu Ex Machina, since the elves of Rivendell were informed of Frodo and knew he was coming. Thus, actively trying to find him.
There is nothing unexpected or unbelievable about it.

No

You're optimistic, user.

Got a giggle out of me.