So much effort in protecting privacy, improving speed and supposedly fighting net neutrality...

So much effort in protecting privacy, improving speed and supposedly fighting net neutrality. Am I missing something here?

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you're missing a (you) and you wont get it.

A functioning brain.

Alright, sorry for triggering your sekrit club Holla Forumsnicians, I'll be leaving.

It's a good version of a good browser. This board is just contrarian.

You've been conned.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

checked, that page needs some additional tags

You're missing that you need to check your privilege and post more funny memes to make le internet a more awesome places xD

Complete bullshit.
Disable Telemetry in Settings and it won't do that.
It loads the page to take a snapshot so it can show it. You can disable it in about:config, pin as many websites as you can, change your default page or just use uBlock like everyone does.
This is disabled through Settings. Those Google URLs in about:config are only settings for Safe Browsing. If Safe Browsing is disabled, no connection to Google is made.
Again, disabled through Settings.
Change your search engine.
Pocket only records data if you save data to it (and you need to create a Pocket account or link your Firefox account for that.)
The Pocket logo is nothing but a glorified bookmark. See "Bookmarklet" for more information.
Can be configured through Settings too.
Firefox does not make any shady connections and everything can be configured through the GUI.

Wrong. Telemetry is disabled by default and the request is still made.

Shouldn't need to if Firefox was all about privacy like the OP claims.

But you just said I need to go into about:config.

Wait, you're just a shill, contradicting even your own post.

Telemetry and Health Report are enabled by default. These are the defaults. Disable them and no connection is made.
Irrelevant. Google is the most used search engine and what most users expect. Those who are wary of privacy or dislike Google can easily change it.
Firefox is thus far the only browser actively warning their users about tracking and privacy, as well as the only one to add anti-tracking measures such as Tracking Protection, Canvas spoofing and disabling JavaScript APIs used to track users (touchpad support, gamepad support, etc.)
I didn't say that. You don't need to use about:config, you can either use the GUI or about:config.
There are these things called "opinions" and "facts." Not everyone you disagree with is a shill user.
I didn't contradict myself. Perhaps you misunderstood me.

Forgot pic.

i only came here to say that this shitty new version of Firefox ruined many of my long-time most appreciated addons
Session Manager in particular.
I'm glad i mainly use Icecat like any sane person should. But still find it, from a technical, commercial and logical point of view, to make this big change in this webextension stuff. It is absurd and a shitty movement from Mozilla.

Then you don't understand the technical or logical point of view of why this happened.

EEE step two.

It's a BBB decision yo!

What does BBB mean?

Judging by the fact most posts here are fucking retarded, I see the smarter posters of Holla Forums simply got fed up with browser threads and just started hiding them.

I will do the same.

A functioning brain.
>implying government and (((government backer))) control of the internet is a good thing because reddit said so

It's opposite to EEE step two.

Doubt it.

Mozilla has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Just a few months ago everyone was outraged that their addons page was hiding google scripts that track user data, and Mozilla had nothing but excuses, I don't think they even apologized for it but kept doing it and everyone just kinda forgot.

"Don't be evil"

"The no-spin zone"

"the most trusted name in ____"

And this garbage

The excuse is that the data going to Google from Firefox analytics has no identifyable data. It is the tech paranoid who see "Google" and "analytics" who get a mental breakdown about spying and tracking conspiracies.