How many of Holla Forums users cares about privacy?

How many of Holla Forums users cares about privacy?

Windows 10 is part of late stage of capitalism and trying to collect as much information as possible and sell it to ads companies.

I find that the issues of privacy and corporate meddling in matters of quality has brought over a lot of the 'T' in STEM where I'm at from "IN A LIBERTARIAN CAPITALIST SOCIETY NOBODY WILL BULLY ME!" to "Oh, fuck, maybe there's a problem".

I like having privacy, but violation of it makes me cautiously optimistic.

W10 is a pretty girl but she has aids

personally, it doesn't affect me much. I use adblock everywhere I go, so most of it is already filtered out. But I hate it on a conceptual level. Nobody should be able to follow my activities without my explicit permission, for any reason. On the far end of the scale, where it really matters, it's one more thing that will make organizing a revolution a lot harder 150 years or so down the line. We're in for a cyberpunk dystopia, only one that's boring as shit, because I won't be able to physically surf the web, or turn my arm into a chainsaw.

You can do that if you want.

You're forgetting the cancer known as memes.
We're in the worst kind of cyberpunk dystopia.

I don't give a shit about privacy because I have literally nothing to hide

During the Apple/FBI case I saw people on TV exactly say this same thing lol

As far as I can recall Apple actually became far more privacy friendly as of recently. It is pretty ironic, if you think about it, that they are more respectful of privacy than Windows.

They don't care about their users' privacy, they just didn't want the FBI to have access to their shit. Like ancaps.

Also many people say Apple actually gave the FBI access and said otherwise to keep their reputation.

I personally don't give a shit about my internet privacy. If the government and corporations want to sift through all the data of me making posts on imageboards and watching lectures on YouTube, that's them wasting their time to begin with.

I know some people are a bit more paranoid about it however, which is fine. Either way it's a social vulgarity.

It's like nobody here knows how data mining works.

Post more sluts, please.

I dont use win10 but I know that I can't guarantee my privacy, so I might as well not try at all. If they want to incriminate me, they can do so without evidence. Information I dont want them to know, I simply don't put on computers of any kind, nor write down or say to people.

Aren't you guys scared that there are surveillance systems sophisticated enough to make somewhat accurate lists of political activists / dissidents right now?

Don't you think it becomes really easy to gulag your commie asses thanks to this?

Personally I use GNU/Linux.

I KNOW they exist. I am probably already on one.

You'd think a leftist board on an anonymous forum would be more concerned about corporations profiling the whole world for the sake of capitalism and companies selling your info to the highest bidder.

but dota is available on linux

I care enough to use VPN/proxies and occasionally TOR. I'd love to browse 2D sluts with the full force of my bandwidth and shitpost at full power but big data is too insidious to ignore.

Even methods taken to limit exposure aren't foolproof, and it only takes one security misstep for them to figure things out. If the former head of the CIA can't hide his adultery then the rest of us have no hope. That's not an excuse to be a data exhibitionist though, you whore.

So do I but it's not great.

So … how many people here use Tails or something similar?

That's not how it works in Fascist state. Name gets sent to the local gangs activists, they come, kill you and takes all your things for themselves.

Labor camps were for actual work rehabilitation.

I mean, yeah, if you're putting that on the same level of being a dissident in Russia or a whistle-blower in the US.

Not necessarily leftypol. Managing your bitcoins, for example.

Also, you have a very strange ideas about "dissidents in Russia". Soviet Union is no more, user.

what a day this is.

Did I say it was bad?

Privacy died when the technological ability to spider massive amounts of public information was born, you can make it illegal but foreign governments/private companies cannot be stopped at this point from analysing what's out there.

They cannot analyse it for shit. Too much data. Too diverse.

It's the ECP all over again.

This is only true for now. They are pouring TONS of labor and money into making it work.

They already have innovations like computers that can whistle at each other so they know when you've switched devices from say a PC to a phone.

They'll continue to offer free services and hardware to proles. They next thing Google will probably offer is some kind of household AI robot that can do simple chores while tracking you and recording you all the time

I do care about my privacy but there aren't too many tools to keep it
Being a freetard is just a placebo at this point.

Our only hope of for the online advertisment industry to collapse.

But user this thread was about an entire operating system being geared to collect your data and advertise and manipulate you. Using adblock on the internet doesn't stop microsoft from collecting your data. That's like saying you don't need a condom to protect you from STDs cause she's on the pill. Not to mention you're browser thumbprint.

But this means you literally cannot do anything important (politician, whistle blowing, etc.) without it being used for blackmail. Sure you won't care, but the average person would see loli shit and you'd immediately be a wanted pedophile. That's also not to say the stuff you're doing now might be legal, but what if it's made illegal? What if simply browsing Holla Forums is grounds to be put on a list by a shadow court? It'd suck if the US cracked down on potential dissenter and now you can't leave the country because you're on the no-fly list.

No it was a bullshit publicity stunt. They recently gave up the information of the owner of a torrenting site to the FBI that was crucial to their investigation.

I am using windows 7, and I browse with firefox and the usual extensions (adblock origin, ghostery, https everywhere).
How fucked am I?

My computer started breaking down a year ago and I am scared to get a new one because I don't want the Win10 botnet spying on me especially because Microsoft works for the gov practically. I could get a Mac since at least they care about privacy a bit more but I'm not sure what I need. Topping it off being in the US the NSA is watching. If you're not in the US don't be thinking you're not being spied on. It's already known the UK, Germany and likely Russia do the same thing. It is so bad I wish someone would attack these servers. I just want it to all go away. I don't want to have to feel like I have to encrypt my drive to keep private things private because im afraid of data loss. What sucks is we don't even have the hope of hackers destroying data because it can't be accessed from the outside I was told. They have servers not connected to the internet. So then all we have left is hoping for a physical attack but they have backup servers in different locations .