Spoopy paranormal and the unknown

I want to know how do you guys feel about the so-called "paranormal", as in the realm of things unknown.

Why am I asking this here? well because the large majority of you are well-read and adhere to some form of materialism, yet this doesn't mean you've not experienced things which escape reason. And this is exactly why I am so curious about this, i've had my small share of logic-defying experiences, and i've met a considerable number of people who have told me some really wild and frankly unexplainable stuff.

Sure, you could say that people lie about shit like this, but are they all lies?

Have you experienced things which you can't reasonably explain?

How has your world view been affected by this if at all?

How does a predominantly materialistic understanding the world help explain the experiencing of the paranormal and do you think that leftism should account for the ideological belief in the paranormal as rooted in the collective psyche of the proletarian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bes7NEVo6FM
youtube.com/watch?v=4mSX2x_qrxc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UFOs and the Bermuda Triangle are certainly paranormal phenomena that have a factual basis, they've been experienced for centuries. As for weird animals like Nessie and Big Foot, until large-scale investigations take place, we won't know.

Short answer: It doesn't.

The "paranormal" are just phenomena we have yet to define.

Delusions.

Delusions!

I can't tell if your shit posting or not anymore

This. The universe is vast and complex. According to physicists there are 11 dimensions and we only exist in four (including time). All kinds of shit we don't understand might be lurking just out of our reach.

The "supernatural" doesn't exist. Nothing exists outside or above material reality. There is phenomena we don't fully understand yet, but that doesn't mean they're somehow separate from our world.

and what do you think about ghosts, spirits demons and so fort?

Most "sightings" can be explained as pareidolia, deliriums, charlatanry and so on, but are they always so? There's always that margin for doubt.

And since we can't define it yet, we define it under the umbrella term of "paranormal" for the sake of simplicity.

This is the problem, -always- delusions?

So, do you think that -for instance- ghosts can be a phenomenon that science could potentially identify and measure?

Mistaken phenomena or delusions, most of the time. Psychic residue for others.

Usually. Otherwise it's lies, or just a poor guess.

and what would that be? dearest comrade Yui?

And this is another beef i have with this subject, the fact that we are so woefully unprepared to deal with these supposed phenomenons; every theory, definition and concept could be as wrong as the next one.

I got to admit, in my old house I had a few very physical experiences on more than one occassion which were unexplainable, such as feeling someone sitting at the foot of my bed, my sheet being pulled off from me and very often like someone was pulling/pushing the door from the other side preventing me from opening it

Science should be able to measure and identify this stuff. If it can't then why bother with it because then we can't interact with it.

Yes, because science is the only field of knowledge that we have to utilize. Fucking retard.

Part of the problem is that these things would still remain, and that some people claim to be able to interact with them, and it *does* seem like some interaction does take place, like in how I described in my experience above.

For some reason I read that as "moth" and that movie "The Mothman Prophecies" came into my mind.

Such a spooky movie too.

Fuck off

The problem is that these are usually as the an com poster pointed out poor guesses, I remember when I was going through my fedora phase watching a debate about near death experiences, and the atheist said something along the lines of "what is more likely, that some ill-defined supernatural soul-substance that has never been discovered in any experiment, somehow stored and extrated information in the brain, or that people merely trip when the brain is under stress".

This is the problem with the paranormal, it gives more complicated answers that relies on huge assumptions. What do you believe happened to you. Do think that some kind of ghost, a being made out of a substance we that defies all know material, or that maybe there was just a draft that moved your sheet, or your doors are just stiff or some other combination of normal events

THE WINDOW. THE WINDOW.
RATS IN THE WALLS.
IA DAGON. IA HYDRA.
CTHULHU FTAGN.

Yes I always move on to try and explain whatever using Occam's razor, which I think is the correct approach, I mean there's a number of mundane explanations for any given occurrence.

But in the case of my personal experiences, there's always room for doubt.

Was the sheet being pulled down a case of involuntary movement? at my feet? Could be but I'm sure it wasn't. What about feeling like someone sat at the foot of my bed so many times?

I can try to reasonably explain if it happens once or twice, but when it happenes several times at different days I begin to doubt.

I've also heard some pretty wild stories comming from people who are most likely not lying, like family, friends who don't have the habit of pulling your leg, acquaintances who have no reason to lie about such things.

To me there's that room for doubt, I can't say that I trust every story about the "paranormal", but the persistance of such tales do give room for doubt, so many different people from so many different backgrounds can't all be lying or mad.

ayyy lamaos probably do exist. The universe is billions of years old, and in our own galaxy, there are expected to be around 40,000,000,000 planets. And that would be earthlike planets. Specifically orbiting a star in similar proximity as earth does to our sun.

If even a miniscule fraction of those, let's say .0001% have life, that still makes for 4,000,000 life bearing planets. over the course of countless millenia is it not possible that a hand full of those millions of planets gave way to intelligent life?

As for ghosts and psychic phenomena, I see no reason to believe in them, but I don't entirely discount them. We don't know everything about our own planet, or even our own species, and there is an entire universe of dark matter that we are incapable of interacting with or seeing without the use of scientific instruments, that composes the vast, VAST majority of the universe. Perhaps humans' meta thought, the ability to comprehend death, speculate about an afterlife, think about thinking, and so on, potentially creates an impression somewhere that occasionally breaks through and interacts with us. I'm not saying I think any of this exists, but it's not too far from being plausible, imo.

When it comes to so called celestial beings, like deities and such, I can only think of a three reasons for their existence. 1), it's a Boltzmann brain that somehow influences the universe. A Boltzmann brain being "a self aware entity which arises due to random fluctuations out of a state of chaos [as opposed to evolution]". 2) A super advanced society goes End of Evangelion, and merges consciousness in an extradimensional "computer" where each mind is simultaneously it's own and part of a countless collective, our reality exists within the collectives thoughts.. 3) A similarly advanced society, perhaps somewhat less so, creates a super computer that basically does the same thing.

All of this is pseudoscience, and not to be taken seriously.

I personally know people who have seen ghosts and aliens I also have friends with psychotic mental illness. I can tell a difference between them. I have had a few odd things happen but I never claim I heard a ghost I just say some odd things happened that I am unsure what went on.

reptiloid shape-shifting draconian capitalist kikes

the enemy extraordinate and ultimate

youtube.com/watch?v=bes7NEVo6FM
youtube.com/watch?v=4mSX2x_qrxc

ASHTAR SHERAN WILL BUILD A COMMUNIST BABYLON, WHERE THE BLIND AND DEAF CAN SEE, COUNT TO BILON!

Posadism is true

At first I thought it was just autism and attention-whoring but I don't really know anymore. My grandparents' house was really fucking strange after they died and I will never go back there ever again.

I've had a few strange experiences

One time I woke up totally unable to move and could sense some 'presence' nearby, I started to panic, but then realised it was just this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

another time I took acid and had a really spiritual feeling of connection to the cosmos and higher powers, it was really humbling and awe inspiring

then I remembered that I was on acid and it didn't mean anything

in short, strange/paranormal feelings or experiences can be fun and interesting, but don't forget to keep some healthy skepticism and doubt