Are people inherently good?

Is human nature good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwwYAPdubNE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Humans are very much malleable, so it doesn't really matter.

sage

I like how the kid is writing upside-down (from his perspective) in this image.

Humans are pretty damn neutral if you ask me.

Human nature, if there exists such a thing, has not been determined and set in stone. Due to our intellect and malleability, humans can overcome even their most basic instincts, as demonstrated by monks self-mummifying by means of voluntary starvation.

Just do add to this, I'm a Buddhist and it's very hard work to overcome urges like the want to always feel satisfied with entertainment, food, sex etc, yet my realisation that they do not bring lasting relief from suffering can start to overcome these urges.

A lot of people don't bother to try it for themselves and so resign to the idea that it's impossible. It's very possible, but so excruciatingly difficult.

People aren't inheritly anything but people

Pretty much yes: youtube.com/watch?v=dwwYAPdubNE

The problem is, people are inherently sheeple.

Most people judge themselves as correct, or 'good' based on their own internal moral reasoning. But even that judgement is not inherent, since it is more than possible for a human to judge themselves on a whole as 'bad', and the judgement is usually based on the status of one's mental health derived from one's upbringing/environment.

Do humans see themselves as good naturally, and only as bad when affected by outside influences? We will never know, since you can't live your life without the world.

there's actually no difference between good and bad things

Yes.
Even if I rape someone, I think at this time, what I am doing is good for me.
The problem is, people don't want to think long term. They do not want to question common sense.

Stirner, Socrates, Marx, all had this figured out.

Humans are inherently evil so we need a firm dictatorship of the proletariat to force them to work for the greater good.

Fucking knew it.
Rape apologists.

Do you even materialism, bruh?

Idpol sympathizer, pls go

How is that an inherent thought? Its entirely possible that the rapist knows what they are doing is bad.

Please stop.
No reason to shitpost.

The tankieposting meme is even less amusing in the hands of someone who uses DoTP incorrectly.

Human nature I think is driven by self-interests, regardless if it is inherently good or bad, we just figure out that some of our interests inhibit on others self-interests, the society we are apart of shapes us to think whether we should care or not if it does inhibit other's self-interests.

How is it used incorrectly? I'm not referring to an actual dictatorship.

Yes, but it makes him feel good at that moment, so it he is doing good, for him/her, at that moment.

Also, this is where "victim blaming" comes from.

Define good. For that matter define people.

Nature is neutral. It is neither good or bad; it simply is. We may perceive it as bad or as good. Nature is mindless.

Humans are a part of nature. We carry all aspects of nature within ourselves. We are dictated by all aspects of our drives. We can call these drives good or as bad.

Humans project elements of nature. All of our behaviors project these elements mentioned. We are dometicated homo sapien sapiens. This domestication has been a veil over our natural proclivities. It's up to you to decide if this veil is also natural. A theist would say this veil comes from God. A naturalistic would say this veil grew from nature.

Humans have a nature because we derive from nature and we can supress it. Sometimes this supression is good or is as bad; It may be neither just as nature is neutral.

It might make them feel bad. They might be doing it to punish themselves.

Doesn't seem like it. Our current condition is a result of people, not of robots or any other external force.

The behaviors of various humans are the natures by which "goodness" and "badness" are defined.

natures - > standards

this

Does it really matter though? I mean, people act according to circumstance and based on how they have been made to believe is the best course of action, it isn't really to do with them being right or wrong but rather how they develop during childhood.

business owners (job creators) are inherentlt good
and workers (lazy parasites) are inherently bad

all workers are greedy and evil. Now get back to work!