Admit it: this is the Dark Souls of film

Admit it: this is the Dark Souls of film.

I do agree it's both boring and overrated.

So it's reddit as shit huh? Great, always knew that Tark was a hark.

I love Dark Souls!

this meme is cancerous and needs to die before it's born.

take that shit to halfchan or reddit, they'll give you what you want.

That would be a nolan or snyder flick.

anyone else hate tarkovsky now? I tried to watch the mirror and solaris and they were so meaningless to me. The only reason I kind of like Stalker is because I relate to the main character.

git gud

The beauty of The Mirror lies in it's poetic yet realistic episodic depiction of life, and it mirrors all of our inner self. That ending, where the main character turns back into a child and walks with his sister and aging mother is, in my opinion, the most touching moment ever existed in cinema history. If you think The Mirror is meaningless, you might be technically true, but that would also mean that you have no soul.

Tarkovsky's original vision for that film got axed so hard by Lem (the writer of the novel) that he had to follow his dumb restrictions. The end product is pretty dull, but it's still far from meaningless. Solaris is about longing for your normal life on earth.

Impossible, unless you're a saint, but even a saint would be too humble to relate themselves to the Stalker.

No story.
Boring, nothing but talking for 4 hours.

Does that mean it's something people praise for no reason that I haven't seen or played??

Tarkovsky is a legit good director and his films are all damn impressive. I'm not gonna let shitty contrarian memes dilute the truth on this one. Stalker is one of the best films ever made.

No, it isn't. You get no points for dickriding others.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
>>>/ovens/

t. golem

And you get no points for being an ironic contrarian. Name me one movie better than stalker, go ahead nigger enlighten me to why your taste is so superior.

Yep, sounds about right.

this

Wait, what? When? I watched all of Stalker and don't remember a single line about Judaism.

In the meat mincer. The Stalker says something like "You're going to live for a hundred years now!" to which the writer replies "And why not forever like the Eternal Jew?!"

Oh shit, you're right. I forgot about that.

Dark Souls is an easy fuck game where you really on lock on the whole game thats has a fame of ebing hard because the other games the kids were used to play were braindead easy, its also a lazy rip off of an old PC game made by dudes from spain.

So it should be a shitty movie praised at the best shit ever because faggots dont know any better and that is a straight copy paste from another movie.

Its a reference to the wandering jew who can't die until the second coming

Stalker is good so not really

Pretty much. It's not about naming the jew. The point of the scene is depicting the Writer as a both a visionary and selfish artist. The Writer dictated his vision as the absolute while hating to hear about what others have to say about his works. It's also a part of Tarkovsky's own introspection of his spiritual vision. The artist is supposed to be the servant, but what if his will to serve turned him into a dictator?

The Stalker, while he is also a spiritual servant, he's a humble servant. The difference between the Stalker and the Writer is the Stalker sacrificed himself for truth while the Writer is a dictator for truth. By leading him into The Room, the Stalker tried to lead the Writer into becoming a humble servant like him.

The only time Tarkovsky named the Jews for real was in Andrei Rublev. Andrei stated that it was not the people who killed Christ, but the Pharisee Jews.

Daily reminder STALKER is kino and haters just can't appreciate the superiority of eastern-European films.

The STALKER game is pretty shit though. It dumbed down the spiritual-philosophical discussion in the book that was explored even further by Tarkovsky's kino into some cookie cutter scifi story.

True

This meme is the Dark Souls of memes.

It really needs to die

It was inspired by the novelization of the movie, not the actual original novel

Roadside Picnic was also thick of philosophical and spiritual discussion, though not as much as Stalker film. STALKER has none of it.

Which is fine really, the idea of exploring the zone in and of itself is a good idea for a game, although making it just nuclear radiation and removing the extraterrestrial/spiritual element does make it slightly less interesting.

I think the exploration of STALKER is really dull. The NPC's also aren't interesting to talk with at all.

No
The first time it was amazing, but every subsequent use didn't really need to happen there should have been a meme in a different universe instead.

I see what you did there.

Dark Souls is fun but it's hardly the G(game)OAT.

they're still around?

Dark Souls is great, I'll watch this.