I've been having a conversation with a friend, and it veered toward economy

I've been having a conversation with a friend, and it veered toward economy.

We hit a roadblock when neither of us could come up with the actual practical societal use for Wall Street and speculators as a whole.

Why does Wall Street exist? How do speculators help a country? And what do they even do? From what little I can understand, they are basically gamblers.

>>>/polblog/

You sure showed me.

sage and report lads

this. read a book OP

since this is going to get deleted anyway, checking:

So get rid of it. What’s the problem? Speculation = death sentence.

Don't start kvetching on me now.

The real cancer is when someone asks for information on something and turboautists go full smug-sage report instead of at least recommending a book.

The real cancer is when retarded newfaggots shit up the board asking to be spoon fed information because they can't research anything themselves.

Called out as what? My OP said - I don't know.

Your insult was : "lol u don't know"

My reply was: "yeah, I don't"

Instead of a simple recommendation you spend time sperging out. Also recommendation =/= spoonfeeding .

What is your guys problems with people asking for information?

Without trying to make a case for or against, what I understand speculators are supposed to do in theory is smooth out fluctuations in markets. So if some commodity is being overused but the market is somehow misled about the dwindling supply, a speculator who thinks the price will increase in the future makes a contract to buy a set amount at a lower price. If the price does go up they get it at the cheaper rate and can bring supply which would have otherwise been consumed back onto the market, which would slightly lower the price in a shortage situation.

I might have this wrong, maybe some econfag can correct me, this is just what I remember reading years ago.

Nothing. They are a drain on the economy and serve no purpose but making themselves rich.

Thank you. Had to read your post twice, but I think I got it.

Thanks.

I've got this one too, should be relevant.

I just noticed these images are actually the same. Huh.

sage for doublepost

Fuck off back to 4kike

Maybe it's you who should go back to cuckchan, friendo.

Fuck off, concern troll. We should share any information and insights we have with each other to build a wide base of knowledge and info and help the cause.

Yeah, I probably didn't explain it that well. The short version is basically "more efficient allocation of resources over time". Whether that ends up happening is an empirical question I can't really answer. It probably depends on the particular laws and institutions in place, so I wouldn't be surprised if in a Jew-dominated industry it ends up being more of a swindle.

Just wanted to thank you again - still reading that giant post. What I noticed is that the user in those caps provided shitloads of sources at the end which is great.

Thanks again.

You did. I'm not ashamed to say economics is usually a "can you run that by me again?" topic for me.

The share value of a company is an asset. Said company can borrow against this. Asset inflation thus spurs investment.

It's gambling for the most part. There are other ways to fund investment besides speculation.

The user is right, though. You can't just feed newfags like that because it encourages them to make more threads like this and eventually there will be a thread for every single little question. There are reasons why QTDDTOT exists. It's at page 10 now, but it still exists. It's not that sharing info is bad, it's just that the board does not need to be swamped up with one liner question threads.

Wall Street = trading activities in most cases so I'll assume that's what you are referring to. Trading is pure supply and demand, it is the thing that makes price discovery happen. The more efficiently price is discovered the more stable everything is. Yes, in the process of price discovery some win and some lose, but the market can be used for trading purposes other than those that are basically gambling, like hedging futures. A farmer can sell futures on his wheat crop today to lock in a price in case uncertain weather is expected in the future, for example. Long term investments like 401k is another good one.

Problem is, finance became thoroughly Jewed. Instead of trading on real things Jews started speculating on derivatives and even derivatives of derivatives of derivatives.

Financialization of an economy is bad, but trading in general or a stock market, for example, is not necessarily bad.

I agree, but this is a crucial subject, and it's also very large and complex. Understanding the threat that international banking and financial markets pose to our economy and also how much influence they can exert on our leaders and culture is very important to really digesting the red pill.

I guess what I'm saying is that this isn't something you could just ask in a QTDDTOT thread because it requires more than a single answer, it's a very complex subject.

I admit I probably should have lurked around for the QTDDTOT thread, so my bad there. Still - go fuck yourself and whoever thinks sharing information with others is bad, especially if your reason is "the board will be cluttered"

This is also a perfect topic for the anonwiki idea from another thread.

Polite sage

I don't get you types. You admit you made a mistake, and then you bitch when we point it out. Why do you thin skinned queers browse a chan? Mad your thread isn't going to be le next ebin maxed out thread?

This thread is akin to 'guys you don't think hitler was a good guy do you' type thread you retarded cuckchanners spew onto us constantly since the election started. There's a reason thinktank user hasn't come back I think, and its your type.

Read the fucking rules, especially what it says about quality OPs you dumb newfag. Stop posting until you learn how to write proper threads, instead of making other anons cater to your lack of knowledge. The newfag has the audacity to make a shitty one-liner thread and then spergs out when others call him out on it. You didn't even make a thread about financial markets, international banking. You just made a blogpost and attached a question to it.

Stocks provide liquidity and investment capital to businesses in a volatile, but highly efficient manner. Without access to market capitalization many companies would grow much slower. Investors are highly valuable to an economy, and speculation is morally neutral. The problem is fractional reserve banking and central banking, and also the fact that most wall street firms are propped up entirely by the Fed.

/thread
Wall street has it's uses but it became a tumour that eats the rest of the economy.

>>>/polarchive/
fag.