Did he ever find his tempo?

Did he ever find his tempo?

No, because he's a perfectionist piece of shit that'll never be happy with anything.

t. Rusher

Somebody get this Rushhead out of here.

No, because he's a sadistic cunt who just wants to torment people. He never had a tempo.

t. Draggers

if that guy slapped me I would've stabbed him with my drum stick

I would love to see a Holla Forums virgin try to be tough to some big guy

Do you feel in charge?

This movie over glorifies percussionists and drummers in general. No one fucking cares about the drummers. Even if they are child prodigies, the person on strings will always be at the top.

the sad thing is that rhythm is the most important part of most music and we time keepers never get respect

For you

speak for yourself, manlet

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

When will they learn?

best movie of the decade
also almost no niggers in it, thank god

Feels bad, man.

I prefer the excellent film Drumline from 2002 where a negro prodigy who can't even read music BTFOs all his instructors and teachers by his innate talent to play (supposedly) very complex music by ear. Too bad his love interest is only half white tho

This actually happens all the time.

Hey Skillinger…

No it doesn't, especially not to niggers

This. Knowing how to read sheet music comes in handy if you're in a situation where you need to play a song in an exact way, but that's only handy if you're in an orchestra or symphony. Chances are that most musicians you will meet in your life will play some form of rock or folk, which absolutely do not necessitate sheet music literacy.

My first instrument was the violin, learned on the Suzuki Method and played in the orchestra all throughout high school. But by then I had stopped taking lessons and had gotten fed up with snotty orchestra cunts. I left my violin in my closet for two years because I didn't want anything to do with it, then finally picked it back up at the request of my bandmates to play bluegrass. Totally rekindled my passion for violin, and I haven't read sheet music in at least seven years.

The fact is, any folk style (in my mind, this includes blues and all the styles that it spawned) will require you to play by ear, memorize scales and arpeggios and chord progressions and essentially it teaches you how to think on your feet and improvise. Unfortunately, almost no music schools here in burgerland teach their students how to play blues and jazz, so what you're left with are prissy orchestra students who are completely incompetent when it comes to improvisation and can't jam to save their lives, so they end up unwittingly relegating themselves to a style of music that hardly anyone wants to listen to classical music, and resort to protecting their egos with the delusion that since they have a diploma and can read sheet music, they're the superior musicians. In reality, some of the best musicians in the world (I would wager a majority, actually) can't read music any better than they could read hieroglyphs, but they are infinitely more entertaining and successful because of it.

Polite sage for blogpost

t. lazy nigger

I started just the opposite, jamming then picked up cello. If I could go back in time and tell my past self to take that shit seriously, I would in a heartbeat. Classical music is far superior to improvisational jams. A jam session is fun and entertaining, but you hear them enough times and it becomes dull and samey. That's not to imply that classical music didn't have those same issues, but at least there it is structured and the entertainment comes from improvising and changing the sheet music in slight ways. Bending it to the musicians and conductors will, rather than just fiddling around.

Jam sessions are good for learning chords and scales, but the real challenge comes from classical music. Plus, classical music tends to be about something, whereas a jam session is a jam session.

But can you play music?

Yeah, from my iPod

Legend has it he's still finding it.