So I've been watching House of Cards and I just got to a certain scene in season 2 episode 11...

So I've been watching House of Cards and I just got to a certain scene in season 2 episode 11, should I just stop watching now or does it redeem itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricia_Marshall
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_of_Protocol
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not even memeing. Stop watching it now.

Does it get worse? Frank has been a decent character up until that scene and the direction is good.

Frank is a cuck.

You mean the part where he reunites with his college butt buddy? Was already obvious he was gay/cuck before that, shouldn't stop cause of that should stop because s2 is shit and the next 2 seasons are exponentially worse.

You deserve to be lolercausted or watching this

I was told it was of the caliber of The Sopranos or Breaking Bad.

The part where he kisses Mitchum with his wife there, he was acting weird that episode but I didn't think he was a faggot.

Whoever told you that never take seriously anything they say ever again.

The writer of the show is a twit that has went on cringy multi tweet rants about Drumpf. I don't think the show has much to say of value.

It was a fat little beta who recommended it to me, he's a big fan of Joe Rogan.

Why are you watching the bloated American version?

The first two seasons are the only good one. Season 3 onward the show gets cucked, there was something about video games journalism, obviously someting from gamergate and Frank is show to be gay.

Frank is a faggot, just like Kevin Spacey.

It's going downhill from that point.
The third season felt like a request from Obama. They make an entire episode shitting on Russia with the Pussy Riot as guests and there's a music clip of them at the end of the episode.
In season 4 they introduce a republican candidate and just like in The West Wing, the character end up being better than the one we're supposed to like so they rewrote him in season 5 and he's gone.

A lot worse.
I stopped after the third season and as far as I know it gets even worse after that.

Season 3 was where I dropped the show. The Underwoods were obvious Clinton parallels (whether you want to consider them to be "the truth" or "THIS IS WHAT REPUBLICANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE" is up to you) and all of a sudden right as Hillary Clinton starts campaigning in real life all storylines with real-life parallels scrub themselves of any dirt. It's like they had some unpaid Correct the Record/MoveOn.org/Shareblue intern "clean up" the script by redacting anything bad Clinton-related and replacing it with whatever trash they want to write (hence the video game journalist shit).

It could easily be an uncredited ghost writer/editor, but parsing through IMDB for someone who may have been involved, I found a consultant (who only worked on that season) who has direct Clinton ties (both to Hillary and Bill).

I'll note that there's three other consultants for just the season listed, but they all appear to be nobodies, so what role, if any, they had in shitting it up is anyone's guess.

Who is she?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricia_Marshall

Her term as White House Social Secretary

Her term as Chief of Protocol

Which of course was the entirety of Hillary Clinton's term as Secretary of State.

By the way, Chief of Protocol of the United States. What is that position?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_of_Protocol

So we have a woman who has made a career of working directly for Hillary (and, to a lesser extent, Bill) Clinton for two decades to the point where she ran Political Action Committees on their behalf being given a position where she provided some nebulous form of input into the show. It could be that she just advised them how to depict meetings between a POTUS and the Russian PM or something along those lines (I doubt that considering how bizarrely informal Frank Underwood's meetings with his Russian counterpart were), or it could even be that they just disregarded everything she said and just kept her on as a consultant as some kind of a hand-out. But considering the obvious ideological slant of the writers and the way the Underwoods' characterization took a 180 in Season 3 (and the political environment Season 3 was released in), I think it's highly likely that Ms. Marshall here played a direct role in sanitizing Season 3 (and her input could have influenced the writer's thought process moving forward). She might not have been the only one, but I think it's almost certain that she was influencing the show on the behalf of Hillary Clinton.

Your post really activated my almonds, I went and read a summary of the rest of the seasons and the whole parallels with Hillary almost hit home when they make Claire president for vague reasons.

The product placement was pretty hilarious too now that I think of it.

Claire even uses Hillary's line of it's "My Turn." of whoever coined it first.

Also I'm two episodes into MR Robot and I feel like the show could go either way, I vaguely remember you guys talking about it as it came out then you dropped it like a sack of shit for some reason.
So far it's about and subtle and nuanced as a hammer to the skull.

Like I said 2 posts before yours, I have a feeling that the republican candidate (I forgot his name) was supposed to win but they re-wrote eveything either when Trump won the rep or the election. It makes no sense that the republican candidate acted like that in season 5.
The same shit happened in The West Wing. Arnie Vinick the rep candidate was nicely written and was way better than Santos (dem) but the writing staff being lefties decided that the show would end with Santos getting elected.

Finish watching season 2 and pretend the show ends there.

Got up to season 3 but that was enough for me. Liberal shit

ITT triggered permavirgins

What did he mean by this.

Stop watching.
Frank's a literal gay cuck later on, it's ridiculous.

Watch the original Britbong version. It's miles better and kino as fuck.

If you put it that way, it's actually a really good ending to the show too. Everything after is left up to the viewers imagination-and is probably less stupid as a result.

The Claire's mom/marriage troubles subplots were so boring and tedious. The show was better with Putin, but barely, and there wasn't enough of him or other foreign leaders.

no thanks

I started skipping the Clare scenes once I realized that they were all going to be shit.

Maybe those scenes should come with trigger warnings for thinskinned conservatives

WOW, what an endorsement!

It sucks. The actor was better in Until Dawn.

Seriously fucking stop now. If you continue watching there is nothing but disappointment and disgust in your future.

Neck yourself at the next possible opportunity

It's all downhill from that episode OP. Not even kidding it's absolute trash. Jewish poison for the soul.

You can look forward to many scenes of butt fucking and cucking and no real political intrigue

The show's just been very boring, to be honest.

this

making Frank become president at the end of season 2 really hurt what the series could have been.

Season 1 and 2 are enjoyable, season 3 was utter garbage. 4 and 5 are a mixed bag but they aren't as bad as 3.