If this film was capeshit related it would have been a smash hit

If this film was capeshit related it would have been a smash hit

No, because it looked like a mish-mash of Star Wars, John Carter, The Fifth Element, etc. The trailers and marketing never told us what the plot was, and the visuals they showed weren't that interesting. To this day, I still don't know what the movie is even about. The marketing was terrible.

Replace the stars, or just Cara.
Use practical effects and miniatures.
Get an art director that has a 1970s fascination and a french style.
400 domestic.
You tell me why it failed.

Give it up, Dane.

You should care about the quality of the movie, not how much money it made

I wish Dane posted here, he could come see Okja and Razorback at the New Beverly.

So did GOTG

If a movie is good, you hope it's a success so the director and crew have no problem making their next film. That's why it's so sad that The Neon Demon flopped, even though it was kino.

It is cape shit related. It's just a shitty french comic. They can't do anything right.

Also, the Fif Element was trash.

Guardians of Reddit showed you in the trailers for the first movie that a ragtag group of criminals come together to save the galaxy. That's the plot. What's the plot of Valerian, all I got from the trailer was a skinny whyte boi running through walls and muh stronk women.

hmm yeah I guess you're right. I don't think Refn has any trouble getting funding for his next movie. OGF didn't make money and he's still able to make TND.

Neon Demon only got made because Amazon funded it.

But it is based on capeshit.

does the comic have superheroes in capes in it? No? not capeshit then.

All comics are capeshit.

this is wrong kys

It is capeshit but it had literal whos and ugly literal whos starring

Neon Demon is pure shit Refnfags

It was a shit movie and the director hamfisted socjus bs into it, which only made things worse. The two leads don't even look like they want to be in the same room together and they tried to pull off a romance story.

It's already a massive bomb. $30mill on a $200 mill budget. It's going to be painful.

that sounds great.

With nothing much for people who've seen the trailer to go on: the movie offered flashy CG visuals to audiences cloyed by that sort of thing and the lead actor looks like he wants to go home and play video games while the lead actress looks like she stays up all night brooding about her hatred for everybody. It was doomed.

Ironically, Star Wars and the Fifth Element were directly inspired by the original Valerian comics.

that picture sums up how i feel about the movie

Sure it sounds great, just like John Carter sounded great.

it isn't?

John Carter was good.

6/10

Dishonorary capeshit.