"The Defenders" are supposed to be the completely over-the-top fuckers who defend reality from things so crazy even the...

"The Defenders" are supposed to be the completely over-the-top fuckers who defend reality from things so crazy even the Avengers can't wrap their heads around them… not the street-level normie tv-friendly heroes… god damnit Marvel!

Go back to reddit.

Normalfag doesn't roll off the tongue well and you know it.

So in other words, they're supposed to handle the magical and cosmic-level threads. I can dig that.

TV budgets and normalfags love gritty street heroes with edge. Can't have actual ridiculously over the top fun. That's silly. Everything must be tacticool and dark. No middle grounds.

He's not wrong: Fuck off.
If you can't be arsed to type an extra 3 letters, you're either an impatient retard or a phoneposting retard, and both need purging.

You think they made them the Netflix teamup group because there's practically no chance they'll meet the movie characters?

We almost had mystical shit as a threat with The Hand but Iron Fist fucked that up

And Doctor Strange makes magic look lamer than Harry Potter did.

That and the Thor movies made magic look like it was actually some advanced science humans didn't understand rather than actual magic.

yes it does

Holy fuck I hate this is a thing that new stories try to push, the only thing I think did that new cliche well is Stargate but that is because it fit with the premise.

But never any actual tactics involved. Never any bad endings.

You know what's even funnier? Whenever these artists from Project Rooftop try to do realistic costumes they end up being less realistic and making less sense. It's a problem when trying to make things realistic.

That takes away from the self-insertion therefore is bad.

Is "actual magic" just the type without explanation?

By "actual magic" I mean like the more traditional magic you would see like incantations, spells, summoning demons or monsters and the supernatural.

Oddly enough, Daredevil's first costume in the netflix series was about as "realistic" as these things can get. It was a guy in dark colors, comfortable clothes, and a face covering. For a guy running around at night picking fights in dark alleys, that's damned near perfect.

I'd buy a comic starring these assholes.
But you know the artist would get tired of drawing all those folds and wrinkles and just have them all in spandex by the second issue.

Well, there's definitely better ways to describe that
If magic actually exists in a universe, then by definition it would also be scientific, if not full on technology

And I thought doc strange did an okay job with it, it had arcane metaphysical jazz learned from old books and shit as opposed to Thor's magitech

Fag.

I want to be a real life vigilante but I'm fat and lazy and clumsy.

Unless you're a billionaire, you won't have the money to drop on equipment that would be necessary to do the shit that a vigilante, a REAL vigilante, would need to do.

Not to mention real life doesn't work like that. Unless you were literally Batman, you'd be hunted by the police just as viciously if not more than they hunt for criminals.

I've considered the same thing, I got in excellent shape, cardio every day, etc. and it was all meaningless (in regards to being a vigilante) because I don't have the money to drop on weapons development, and other equipment.

Normalfags love Deadppool.
Unless over the top means so randum, there should be a distinction between he 2, although I don't mind the random aspect, it's just that normalfag feast on it to make shitty memes on facebook.

I missed out on that film, but it sounds like I dodged a bullet. How did they manage to fuck up magic?

I don't think they fucked up, but they over simplified magic, and since Stephen is so good at it it looks kind of lame.
Problem is that they mostly used "basic magic" that is always an stupid normal color and the magic wasn't really that varied.

george zimmerman pulled it of

Nah, the magic was pretty fucking dope actually. The issue is that a lot of the time is spent with them using magic summoned weapons, while the "oh my fuck what's happening" magic is reserved for a few moments. Also the way Strange "defeats" Dormammu was fan-fucking-tastic. It's one of the better MCU movies overall for sure.

In Thor 2 is explicitly made clear that they're using sufficiently advanced technology. There's some "maybe magic" still going on like with prophecies and whatnot, but most of it is just Alien Tech.

Most of those dudes do homelessness outreach more than anything. Almost every one of them says that they wanted to help fight crime, but they began to feel like assholes when they spent much more time walking by homeless people. Some of them are still badass in their own right though, The guy on the far left has actually been shot on more than one occasion and has kicked some ass a few times, though mainly with overly drunk chuckle fucks.

A good bargain, you could say.