I just noticed that my ssd makes noise when reading and writing. is this normal?

i just noticed that my ssd makes noise when reading and writing. is this normal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetically_excited_acoustic_noise_and_vibration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TURN IT OFF! QUICK!!!

maybe it's hungry?

maybe horny

user they know, get out now!

Install gentoo

Strangely enough, I noticed the same.
I think it may be the CPU fans turning on during writing/reading because of the load on the cpu itself.

It's a relaxing sound, no?

it's your cpu

Coil whine?

The cia niggers know your game.

Similarly I hear slight buzzing when my laptop is under load. I like to imagine it's the cpu making the noises but it's probably a capacitor.

It's called a CPU fan, dumbass

Look up coil whine. Chances are it's a cosmetic defect that you may not get rid of without swapping your mainboard.
On a desktop PC, sometimes the same happens to the video card; likewise it only manifests with some GPU load (e.g. vidya, cryptomining).

its the minix webserver that runs on all intel boards
it is meant to detect blackmailable material and send it forwards

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetically_excited_acoustic_noise_and_vibration

I have this issue but it only seems to happen when I'm booted into FreeBSD. I have absolutely no idea why.

the sticky bits are getting loose.
This is a common issue with hard drives in general. I've filled the chassis with epoxy to make them stay in their previous memory bank.
I know it's not perfect but it's a start

cia niggers

hey guys

Its your computer accessing ROM

So much shitposting and utter nonsense in here, it's not even funny anymore.

It's some miniaturerized voltage controllers or similar parts. My Samsung Evo SSD makes sounds as well, but only when writing, not when reading. And it did so since day 1. Ugly, but it does not affect functionality (in theory).
I have a 5 year old sandisk SSD that makes no sounds at all