Archie Sonic Update: SEGA & Archie Are “Talking”, Comics Getting “Resolicited” & “Cancelled” Listing

tssznews.com/2017/03/28/archie-sonic-update-sega-archie-are-talking-comics-getting-resolicited-cancelled-listings/

tl;dr Sonic may be getting canned because Archie wants to put all their money and writers into Riverdale. Not sure why they're so desperate for this shitty series to succeed.

Other urls found in this thread:

tssznews.com/2016/08/03/archie-lawsuit-documents-scott-fulop-is-plaintiff-cites-almost-1000-examples-of-alleged-copyright-infingement-in-comics/
web.archive.org/web/20161008202336/http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/08/now-scott-fulop-sues-archie-comics-and-sega-over-sonic-the-hedgehog-characters
web.archive.org/web/20170413173444/http://theamazingsallyhogan.tumblr.com/post/157126289491/sonic-the-hedgehog-scott-fulop-narrative-ark
sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Penders'_legal_cases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Putting all their eggs in one basket huh? Let them.

Why make a dark, edgy, and "realistic" Archie when you could make slice of life comedy Archie? I'm sure that would be more profitable.

That's logical and would make money over time. Fucks in charge nowadays only care about the opening profit.

Poor Ian. He finally gets to work on an official Sonic comic and he gets fucked over twice. How long until he kills himself?

This is one of the only good comics in the industry right now. Of course they would kill it. Because who'd want to see SANIC when they could see another obnoxious far left propaganda with the usual sprinkling of meme self awareness anti-humor.

Reminder that this is what they want to kill Sonic for.

So a licensed property might be killed by a licensed property. How ironic.

Sad part is that Riverdale is somehow a financial success.

I imagine that's mostly for CW

Does every franchise need an edgy reboot?

of course

Not soon enough.

Correction: they only care about the narrative

Every industry always seems to go through the same angst teen phase in their cycle. And since they don't die, they repeat the same cycle over and over again, not learning from past mistakes. The industry is an immortal manchild who tries to be everything and loses it all over again for all eternity.

They already killed mega man, now this? oh boy, glad i stopped following sonic after the unleashed arc

Because it's all theirs? They don't have to split profits with Sega nor worry that Sega is going to yank their licence because of, say, autists like Penders and their contracts

Just let IDW have the Sonic licence. Archie can go to the dustheap of history

Man that Unleashed arc just went on forever. Too bad the comic has to die before the new universe gets fleshed out.

The worst part about this is that Penders won.

oh god

This is exactly what's happening. IDW's just taking over use of the property is all. New IDW sonic comics will come out soon enough.

I can hear him laughing in the distance. Should we add Ian to the JUST crew?

Kinda surprising, I was expecting the Sonic comics to get arbitrarily fucked over by Sega, not Archie Comics.

Is it confirmed that IDW's getting the licence?

Not yet, Archie an Sega are currently negotiating.

This man keeps getting fucked yet he's the only person who can write Sonic.

He's written two episodes of Sonic Boom, so he may have a future with that. Though considering CN's treatment of the show…

I saw the 1st episode he did for it and it was by far the best Boom episode I had seen.

I hope it doesn't get canned just so I can read this.

This.

did they make Amy black?

They brought back Sonic man! That's fucking hilarious,these comics need to continue.

She's ambiguously brown, at least.

That's gay. At least they did Cream right.

They want to stand tall with Marvel and DC in the live action medium
I can't say I blame them for their ego; they're one of the longest standing comics companies after all, and even Harvey Comics had Richie Rich and Casper movies
But a darker, edgier, not-Twin Peaks just isn't the way to push their brand.

wait a second. They're trying to capitalize on the hype surrounding the upcoming 3rd season of Twin Peaks. It all makes sense!

Sonic needs to die completely. No more comics, no more cartoons, no more games.

If the autistic pedophiles that make up the Sonic fandom commit mass suicide as a result, even better.

Though I wonder how Archie succeeds at all. The main comic they're named after may have had some social relevance long ago but after the 70s ended it had no point anymore. Even the Punisher crossover wasn't any good. Didn't they also do one with Predator as if to say "we're still relavent, everyone!"

but IDW is the worst comic company in existence. All their books are terrible.

well it's not like it deserves quality.

Sonic Mega Drive was probably the one comic I was going to buy to for the whole year. It's a three part story that's taken about a year to tell and now they drop it at the last moment?

plsgodno

IDW? Well, we might get a crossover with Rom, Spaceknight or My Little Pony.

It's okay, Nintendrone. SEGA and Nintendo aren't rivals anymore you can chill out.

Sonicdash OTP

>>>/pone/

IDW were the ones that had that stupid #BLM issue of the MLP comic, weren't they?

IDW are really no worse than Archie

It was pretty average tbh. And the second one he wrote was shit. What a waste, he fucked up his chance.

Ok but if they gotta start all over again get fucking rid of the Freedom Fighters and the other old cartoon characters that shit got boring back in the late 90's and hasn't really helped the book since like, the first twenty issues. In fact it only ties it down.

Honestly they should of gotten rid of the freedom fighters during the pendering.

When it became clear they have no future outside the comics?

Not just that it just got old. The only people who still care about them are the autists who can't let go of SatAM.

Yeah, like really the only Freedom Fighter useful and worth a shit and not taking half the fucking screentime with her boring princess shit is Bunnie. And even she got old after a while because Flynn tied her down to Antoine and only thought to give her an arc after the comic pretty much went into enternal hiatus. Fuck's sake.

What about Lupe Wolf? She was solid as a contributor who also fought against Eggman. In fact when the reboot happened? She lost the worst parts about her. I mean her uninteresting boring family (including her adopted human daughters).

Though if there's one character that should never show up again is Hope because she blatantly gets in the way of Sega's canon for Shadow's characterization. He wants to move on with his life in the Sega games, but in the Archie he ALWAYS has Hope to keep reminding him of Maria should she ever make an appearance. And that's problematic. And enough said, anyway Lupe is a decent character who should stay.

Was Hope in the reboot? Shit she is so forgettable I don't even remember. And Lupe, well she's alright, but her kind of character can easily be replaced you know? Tribal warrior and all. If we start from scratch, the comic could use Sega canon, and slowly craft it's own ledgends that unlike the old comic don't go into really stupid places like Penders, Bollers and Flynn sometimes did. Hopefully the editors won't be stupid and Sega will actually care about what happens on it.

They probably already have a good couple of issues ready to go to the printer and they're so jewish/broke they can't even do that?

Spergs like chris chan wouldn't give two fucks, they probably already want sonic dead because sega changed the eyes, or the arms or some shit, and they'll probably just continue to flock to the pony show, or god knows what else.

She wouldn't need to be a tribal warrior, then again there is such a thing as a place for traditional warriors in sci-fi stuff. Just look at Samurai Jack for instance. But I won't argue if Lupe has to go. I just feel she's a harmless character that can be adapted to be made more worthwhile.

As for Hope herself, she's still in the comic because you know who did not create her. However she's a very useless and forgettable character that she shouldn't be used again.

If we're honest, Sonic is already "dead" because Sonic isn't Sega's first mascot. Sonic was always "created by committee" to be cool depending on the current times. That's it.

At first Sonic was what Mario wasn't. Then Sonic was edgy for a number of years. Then after that it became colorful and Saturday Morning style. Basically Sonic tries to lamely stay hip and trendy and that is Sonic's purpose as a mascot. He's not like other mascots like Ratchet & Clank in that they are defined by what they are and what their gameplay is all about and it stays recognizable right down to the tone of the presentation and everything.

Because Sonic isn't defined? He's essentially already dead. Even kids don't particularly care about Sonic. They can see that he's trying desperately to stay relevant because that's what Sonic has always been trying to be. To stay current. This makes Sonic soul-less and in time this will break the Sonic Franchise.

Once Sega is finishing squeezing a few bucks from Sonic? He'll be dumped like their original mascot and replaced by another. Sonic will join other failed mascots like Klonoa (Namco).

While I don't doubt that Riverdale focus plays a part, I think the bigger reason for what is happening is because of the lawsuit both SEGA and Archie are dealing with regarding another former writer claiming copyright.

Hope is not in the comic anymore. They dumped all characters made by or had major ties to former writers. Hope was made by Bollers, who isn't as much as a shit as Penders or Fulop now, but has said Archie would have to pay him to use them again. So she does not exist anymore.

i dont think you understand sonic at all man. Sonic was pretty much the same character all the way from 1999 to 2009. It's only since like 2010 that he became really flanderized.

theyre taking their sweet ass time to dump him alright.

And they literally have nothing else

Well, they got Phantasy Star 2 online too which is a pretty popular MMO but yeah Sonic's their main thing. They're never gonna let it go, they'll sink ship with it if neccesary.

Sonic really can't be a failure at this point. He'll probably just join pic related in hibernation for a decade or so then comes back with a budget title that sells well enough to get sega to see what else they can reboot for shekels.

They have Miku, pachinko machines and whatever in the fuck Atlus does and some indie shit occasionally

Sega has a surprisingly large amount of things that don't really fit eachother at all. Sonic, Vocaloid, Phantasy Star, ATLUS, the guys that make the 40,000 K games, Total War, Bayonetta, etc. Man, imagine if Sega went crazy and allowed all this stuff to show up in some comic. Now that would be a more interesing if possibly shittier crossover that worlds unite.

Persona, SMT series, all the million SMT and persona spinoffs? Sega has a lot of shit with Atlus. Though I don't know if Shin Megami Tensei is really mainstream, but Persona is popular with weebs and neets worldwide.

They have After Burner, Alex Kidd, Altered Beast, Baku Baku Animal, Beyond Oasis, Blazing Heroes, Bayoneta, Blazing Heroes, Bug!, Border Break, Chu Chu Rocket, Clockwork Knight, Columns, Company of Heroes, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Congo Bongo, Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA, Derby Owners Club, Dinosaur King, Dragon Force, Dynamite Baseball, Dynamite Cop, Dynamite Dux, Ecco the Dolphin, Eternal Champions, Fantasy Zone, Feel the Magic: XY/XX, Ferrari F355 Challenge, Fighting Vipers, Football Manager, Full Auto, Ghost Squad, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, Hang-On, Hatsune Miku games, Headhunter, Hero Bank, Herzog, House of the Dead, Jet Set Radio, Last Bronx, Let's Go, MadWorld, Metropolis Street Racer, NiGHTS, Oshare Majo: Love and Berry, Mushiking: King of the Beetles, Otogi, Panzer Dragoon, Phantasy Star, Pole's Big Adventure, Puyo Puyo, Rent-A-Hero, Rez, Rhythm Thief, Ristar, Sakura Wars, Sands of Destruction, Sangokushi Taisen, Samba de Amigo, Scud Race, Seaman, Sega Bass Fishing, Sega GT, Sega Rally Championship, Shenmue, Shining, Shinobi, Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5, Space Harrier, Spikeout, A countless number of sports games, Starhorse, Streets of Rage, Super Monkey Ball, Tempo, Thunder Blade, Thunder Force,Time Traveler, The Conduit, ToeJam and Earl, Total War, Toy Commander, Valkyria, Vectorman, Wonder Boy, Yakuza, Zillion, anything Atlus puts out, and much more.

Yet they only make sports games, Sonic, and Yakuza.

They ain't got that, also, they do put out shining games and puyo pop games, it's just the damn dirty gaijin doesn't get them and they're almost nothing like what they were on the genesis.

Oh shit I forgot Sega has Yakuza. When's the persona/yakuza crossover?

We're living in the wrong fucking timeline and it hurts.

My body is ready
Knowing my luck, it would never be released in the west.

We're on Holla Forums. You'd think we'd all learn not to tempt the monkey's paw.

It'll be japanese gangsters fighting with ghosts and demons avatars, what could possibly go wrong?

Japanese exclusive will be the least of your worries. Don't tempt fate like this.

Can I have Yakuza but with Persona/SMT aesthetics instead?

Japan hasn't caught the SJW plague yet, so it's safe from that and shitty devs. But something tells me either Nintendo or Sony will bring about the end of the japanese videogame market if they keep hiring SJWs on the west and sending them to Japan. Most likely it will be Sony tho.

Also, Majima will be their because he is the fan favorite aka meme character.
Maybe Akiyama, because he's a cool guy.

lol just lol

Most young women in Japan are feminists, and are partially responsible for the population decline.

Prove it.

No japanese men are just kind of pussies and pushovers. Besides, they're not out there mutilating their bodies, putting tons of poison on it and overall just shitting all over themselves and everyone else. They're just being bossy. That's nothing compared to what we have to deal with here.

FUCKING THIS
Japan is just as liberal as the rest of the world, but muh greener grasses make them a psuedo traditional paradise. Conservatives have been dirty since the nuke; check out Russia or the Arab peninsula states if you want conservatism.

You niggers must be leaking from another universe because that's fucking bullshit.

From what I understand they just sorta dropped men there and focused on their careers. I'm sure if Japan's culture wasn't as repressed as it is, they'd be just as open with their feminism.

Supposedly South Korea has it worse than us when it comes to feminism.

Koreans also are known to purchase copies of Jewish holy books in exponential amounts.
I'm sure it's purely coincidental

Also they are run by a cult of ultra-rich women.

Yeah but Japan fucking hates Korea, and as far as I know the entire east fucking hates them. They hate them even more that North Korea. No one fucking likes Korea. At least not the adults and old people, the youth and teens have been a lot more accepting of korean culture. Mainly their entertaiment industry. Music, anime, movies, TV shows, stage plays, etc. Fucking japanese and chinese youth, they trust the pretty koreans too much.

They like Koreans because grandma and grandpa hate them and they want to rebel.

Doesn't the entire east fucking hate the shit out of Japan though, especially the koreans that the japs outsource their animes to.

Yep. To be fair everyone on the east hates eachother though. Everyone hates China, everyone hates Korea and everyone hates Japan. Meanwhile the Russians are content that their vast barren lands filled with nothing are a good divider with the east lands.

Is it possible to get him to work on the games?

No, Flynn is JUSTed for life and he's also not really that good. Though he's better that Warren Graff and Ken Pontac that's for sure.

Also the people that work on the Sonic Boom show have a higher chance to get on the game that he does lmao. Guys like Bill Freiberger, Alan Denton, Greg Hahn, Reid Harrison, etc. Though I think the Sonic games had enough of westerners with the Pontaff already. They should go back to have Japs write the games. But not lizuka, fuck that guy, he's the one that started that whole Pontaff stuff and babby tier direction for the games.

Also the people that work on the Sonic Boom show have a higher chance to get on the game that he does lmao.
Flynn did some episodes for Boom.

Forgot my greentext. Fuck mobile.

Please no, I'm sick of this meta "lol I'm so self-aware" humor infecting western media.

Not really. Sonic comics are some of the worst comics out there, even after Ken Penders left. Only good thing that came out of it was to see how autistic Penders truly was to the point where he even contacted other autistic authors to sue Archie all the while he bitches about sexists and nazis stalking him on twitter.

The only good comic left was Mega Men and its dead.

He did only two. And both aired already. Og Man Out was the secobd, which was the weakest episode of season 2.

That's what we already get with Pontaff. Besides, the Boom writers are actually pretty decent, and much better at humor that Pontaff are.

If this goes through do you think we'll get to see some Penders bragging on twitter?

He's always bragging on twitter.

Who do you think will get the license? IDW is most likely but what if say Image or Marvel somehow acquire the license.

IDW has a hunger for all licenses so it's gotta be them. Or we could get a manga maybe. I think I would prefer if we got back to those Spin & Dash type of things, or even the earlier CoroCoro manga comic strips. They were pretty cute and funny.

because jews

Hopefully no one, so Flynn and the boys can unofficially continue it online like fans did with the Fleetway comics.

Are those still going?

No idea, I just know that it exists.

Archie Sonic Online is shit though all the mods are fucking cunts.

What did they ban you for?

meh
whatever i don't even know what their trying to do with the sonic comics anymore
don't even know what riverdale is either highly doubt it will keep them afloat then autism bucks from sonic

calling them cunts

Those comics are even worse. They're straight up Penders-tier.

Explain to me how Penders is a bad writer.

Do you want me to storytime a comic of his? Or did you just ask that question because you want to defend his sorry ass? Either way, I'd be happy to story time some Penders trash.

I want an in-depth explanation as to why Pender's writing was bad.

Fine, but you sure you don't want a storytime to go with it? I want an excuse to post this shitty Knuckles spinoff comic.

Anyway. Guy was horribly unoriginal for one thing. All his plot ideas and concepts were basically copied off other scifi-related media. And his characters were all essentially palette swaps of pre-existing characters, specifically Knuckles. Hell, 90% of everything he made was just a Knuckles with clothes and a different skin tone. His only original character was an ant with a hat that had an aussie accent. He often used plot devices that were fucking ridiculous and made no sense, and eventually his retarded plotlined devolved to the point where "an evil wizard did it". His writing is also pretty horrible in that it reads like some middle school fanfiction. He also has a freaky chosen one fetish with plenty of mary/marty stu bs.

There's more to tell, but aside from that he's a huge hypocrite who steals ideas from others and his primary work of fiction, The Lara-Su Chronicles, is all just his shit from Sonic in novel form. He even uses a Donut Steal version of Knuckles simply referred to as the Guardian in said novels. He also threatened to sue Archie and Sega over the stupidest shit because he believed he had the rights to Echidnas and Knuckles, and even Sonic Lost World triggered his sorry ass for Knuckles being in it. He's also the reason why Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood never got a sequel (and this was when Bioware started going full retard).

His art is also horrifying and disgusting.

You better not be gone, damn you. This better not have been a firecracker post.

fml

I'm here. If you want to show off Pender's comics that's fine, or at least post the best pages. I never read the early comics which is why I asked.

Sonic vs Knuckles

Written by Kent Taylor and Ken Penders

Kiss my ass Archie

Whatever happened to Randy?

I'm not sure who wrote this one but fuck it.

Fuck if I know. Maybe they removed him after the politically correct crippled character has to be in every show shit ended in 90s. I don't read riverdale shit so I can't say.

Also I think this was Penders too. Its ugly and poorly written enough to be his.

This I know is 100% Penders.

Ads because why the fuck not.

I hate that red hedgehog

Fuck me, did I seriously just miss a storytime because I was reading another comic?

Man, these terrible comics bring back some memories. Remember when Knuckles' dad microwaved Knuckles' egg before he hatched because he had a bad dream? Remember when Sally was pissed at Sonic because she thought it was more important for him to focus on their relationship instead of trying to stop Eggman? Remember all those shitty what-if future comics where Sonic and Knuckles had kids?

Since we're on the topic of shitty Penders writing, I finally tracked down the fucking Sonic/Image crossover and I'm gonna storytime it even if it kills me.

Also, if anyone has Penders' Lost Ones comic that ties into this shitheap, feel free to post it.

So are there actually any Lara-Su Chronicles, or is it all just creepy concept art?

Wait… This autist actually thinks he owns Knuckles? How?

You mean taking what made Sonic The Comic so great and ignoring it in favor of shitty fan fiction tired stories?

The ironic thing is, Flynn started out writing a shitty Sonic fan fiction comic, so I wouldn't put it past him to go back to that.

Well at least between this and Penders autism, we'll propably never be seeing the Sanic equivalent of Superboy Prime again.

Can we at least have a One Minute Melee between Scourge and Broly?

I didn't need to know this existed.

The guy doesn't look mentally stable tbh. For all we know he might be legitimately insane or have assburgers. I think part of his reasoning is that he thinks he expanded on the Knuckles character more than anyone else and gave him so much stupid backstory that he sees himself as being entitled to Red Sonic.

How bad was Flynn's fancomic?

Never read 'em, I didn't know how shitty they are. I only broughy it up as an example.

Should of stopped "monkey cheese taco" lolsorandumb shit as this is the natrual progression.

Come on, you can't storytime half the issue and leave. At least post the Sonic Underground part.

The second image's first three panels never cease to amaze me.

Well that certainly was something.

Now that would make a great banner.

mfw we'll never see Shadowhawk SNAP Eggman's spine…

Jesus, why is Dragon fucking retarded looking?

It'd be neat to see Sonic end up at DC.

Crossover with the He-Man comic series? Considering SatAM was just a cheap ass ripoff of She-Ra anyway… oh come on, tiny rebellion in the forest fighting an oppressive army in a dark tech fortress? Robotnik is a fat Hordak and Swat Bots look almost identical to Horde Troopers.

Fine damn you.

As someone who never followed the comic for most of it's lifespan how come the Sonic Underground characters never stayed in even until the Pendering?

Because they were part of a parallel universe, and also I guess its because some copyright shit. Although I heard there was going to be an actual Sonic Underground comic series but it was cancelled. Apparently there was some concept art of the comic that was supposedly going to finally bring the story of SU to an actual conclusion.

So anyone gonna request an issue in particular?

Well if you really wanna storytime some shitty Sonic comics, I've got some suggestions.

I really have nothing better to do than appease you snot-nosed anonymous bastards who I'm pained to say are the closest things I have to real friends.

Fuck you Campbells. Also, your tomato soup is dog shit.

Holy fuck, this came out in 2005? I thought the fat man was purged from the comic in the nineties, how the fuck did he manage to stay on that long?

Some things are best left forgotten. Stay tuned for issue 156 tomorrow since I can't find my copies of Sonic Live.

Fuck you for making me remember these.

Oh god it's all coming back…

Post the one with the black guy who had a bigfoot for a friend.

Aw, you mean the one with the ugly ass mobian caveman whose friends with midget Morgan Freeman who never amounted to anything. Fuck I hated that one.

Holy shit ust fuck my shit up and well I can never un-fucking-see this Sonic live or 'Diva-Isnous' phrase ever.

Sally looks so stoned on the cover.

That fucking dragon always looked out of place. At least she actually looks like a Sonic character in the new continuity.

Oh the 2005 nostalgia

FTFY

I got ads you wouldn't believe.

I forgot Tails got his waifu stolen from him by Sonic. Jeez, this comic.

He was on all the way until Flynn came to save us all.

But then Flynn had to go and kiss up to all those idiots on the forums, like that obnoxious sjw furryfag TheFatPanda and his yiffing buddies.

I have no idea what this is. I just read the comics.

who

Is Ian a SJW?

This one definitely goes in the trash.

I think the best part of this is the advertisements.

I kinda miss the old continuity with all the crazy bullshit that happened, even the Pender's shit. The new one doesn't feel the same, especially since Sega put limits on what Flynn can do so it's just the same story over and over.

The old continuity may have sucked, but it's always sad to see 20+ years of comic history go straight down the shitter.

I don't entirely believe this.

While that user is over exaggerating Sega did put limits on the comic.

These are the only ones I can think of. Mabybe another user here has the full list. The only ones I kinda miss is 1 and 4. 1 because before the Pendering it actually felt like things were at stake and it was nice to see Sonic lose time to time and 4 because one of the things I liked about the comic is that it had it's own story with some stuff in the games thrown in.

So does that mean Uncle Chuck was written out then? It's not like he was affected by the Pendering, since he was a SatAM character.

He's still in it, but he's now everybody's uncle instead of Sonic's. You know, that one guy who ended up looking after all the kids when they were young before they grew up and joined the fight. That's pretty much what he is now.

That's pretty bizarre considering he still looks exactly like Sonic, but whatever. Though it's pretty funny that Sega obviously did this because of Penders' crazy obsession with Knuckles' family members.

1) Sonic and friends can lose, but it can't be a permanent loss
2) Sonic and friends can't have exaggerated emotions that don't fit the characters- the example often used here is when King Sonic had been drawn bawling, which was cut to a few tears. Amy can cry all she want, it's Sonic who's not in-character to cry (overall. Tbh I disagree with this specific instance- I think considering what'd happen, it was perfectly fine for King Sonic to lose it)
3) Ian's said already that SEGA would've allowed them to use the Dark Brotherhood. So again, it's less "no echidnas" and more "Knuckles has to remain the last echidna". Similar, but not the same.
4) It really doesn't. This was a choice by Ian and Editorial.
5) It's not about having families, it's about not contradicting the games. Sonic doesn't have an uncle in the games, so he doesn't have one here. Cream isn't an exception, she just has an actual family member established in the games. Same reason why Eggman can keep Gerald Robotnik or Maria Robotnik, but not Snively Robotnik.

It all boils down to "the characters have to be represented, in personal history and characterisation, much closer to what is shown in the games". And even then, as seen with Eggman or with Sonic remaining in the Freedom Fighters, they're given a fair amount of leeway.

Pretty much. About all of the rules make a fuckload of sense when you read them as 'Don't do all this dumb shit that Penders (and to a lesser extent Bollers) did, for the love of god'.

And pretty sure the rules are only strictly enforced for prominent characters, given Flynn loves dredging up and repurposing characters from the forgotten depths of Sonic lore.

Archy already canned megaman, like I give a fuck about the blue rat when the blue bomber is dead.

But still…

FML

I hated that comic so much but I learned to just pretend the bad shit didn't exist, just making my own mashed up continuity as it went on that made be subconsciously love it, but just seeing what it is now makes me hate it all the more.

It still hurts user.

So apparently Penders contacted Scott Fullop and told him that Archie had been using his assets or some crap which is why Sonic comics will never be a thing again.

Do you have a source? If true then this means that Penders really did cause the end of the comic, the new universe was just biding time.

They've been trying to sue for months and its been fucking with Archie heavily, and its only gotten worse with each passing month, and both were even bragging about their shitty legal actions on twitter. If you think two middle aged Deviantart-tier Tom Preston wannabe Sonicfags fucking over official brands is not a sign of the end times, then you need to re-evaluate shit.

tssznews.com/2016/08/03/archie-lawsuit-documents-scott-fulop-is-plaintiff-cites-almost-1000-examples-of-alleged-copyright-infingement-in-comics/
web.archive.org/web/20161008202336/http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/08/now-scott-fulop-sues-archie-comics-and-sega-over-sonic-the-hedgehog-characters (bleeding cool sucks ass)
web.archive.org/web/20170413173444/http://theamazingsallyhogan.tumblr.com/post/157126289491/sonic-the-hedgehog-scott-fulop-narrative-ark (fuck this too)

Christ, what the fuck is his deal?

Penders really hates fun, doesn't he?

I hate how this all started to happen right after the Sonic Unleashed arc ended.

I can grantee that the reason why Penders is so asspained over the comic still existing is because in his head he believes he owns Knuckles.

Well no fucking duh. He still even uses Knuckles in his novels, but instead of calling him Knuckles, he calls him "The Guardian", even though its just future Knuckles with the australian hat and one eye from that retarded ass future comic he did. He even still calls them Echidnas (except now its written as Echyd'nya which is still pronounced the same). Donut steal guys.

He also tried seeking legal action against Bioware for the Dark Brotherhood despite that the fat talentless fuck should've been grateful that the company bothered to do an ode to his crap and managed to make something decent out of his mountain of crappy lore. Some even claim that he's the reason why Sonic Chronicles 2 never came out.

I forgot the pic of Penders' original character Not-Knuckles.

Not because it wasn't very well received?

What would happen if you were to show him any Sonic game with Knuckles? Would he sue Sega?

Nope. They even said that they were developing the sequel, but then they suddenly stopped, and soon after we see Penders looking smug as fuck and we find out he tried to take legal action on that shit like the sjw scumbag he is. The fat fuck actually pressed charges against Sega and EA, and it was because of the Chronicles bullshit that the Genesis wave happened and why the Dark Brotherhood never appeared again, you fucking newfags.

sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Penders'_legal_cases

so this fat fuck hasn't only just fucked with the comics, but he's been fucking with the games and all media since 2008? Why has no one killed him yet? Why the fuck is he not a lolcow? This piece of shti deserves it.

I think he's just mad that the comic became more popular after he was canned and his own efforts have got him jack shit.

No one outside of the Sonic fandom knows who he is.

But the guy is so fucking mental that he actually went against corporate giants and one on nothing but bullshit and sperging and whenever you engage him on twitter he loses his shit. The first one alone is a worthy achievement in lolcow insanity. He's living the lolcow dream completely unopposed.

If you can get his best material try making a thread on /cow/. That would be a start, who knows maybe if it's good enough someone will make a thread about him on Kiwifarms.

I decree, The Sonic franchise is dead, all people with their deviantart accounts relate to Sonic should disable their accounts, and kiss their Sonic OC's goodbye. Good day to you all.

It's amazing to me that Penders can have achieved all this and yet have produced no comics, no novels, no cartoons, no games, not even a lousy fanfic.
I guess sitting on the IP and fucking everybody else's shit up is winning to him.

The Sonic fandom has been in decline ever since ponies became popular.

Well it's now officially dead and the pony fandom too.

autism is eternal

Damn right, your logic is rock solid, can't argue with that.

Damn shame. He's one of the few people in the world to ever take on a huge corporation multiple times and win.

good

Wait, you've actually read it? How? The only proof I have of the damn thing's existence is a single page on Penders' website.

Oh, my heart ;_;

This just makes me incredibly sad. It's like pulling the plug on a smiling kid with cancer.

He basically just picked on the retarded kids on the playground. Let's see him try and sue DC or Marvel

Considering the very likely possibility that the new character in Sonic Forces is one that you create, the OC's are about to flood the world.

I'm sure he'd somehow be able to win.

Disney and Warners have the best lawyers on the planet. Even Tezuka Productions, who had fairly good evidence that The Lion King was ripped off from Kimba the White Lion, didn't dare sue Disney. Penders would get fucked if he tried this at either DC or Marvel

Now I want to see that happen. If only they made an edgy movie about echinas…

This thread was almost at the bump limit. What happened?

Seems like the board's glitching out on us. I noticed the same thing with another thread.

Vol probably went on an autistic rampage again.

Somebody got D plused

Th mods have time to delete random posts but they can't be assed to do anyhting about the /a/nime /a/utist.

Oh don't worry, he's been banned for 4 days. Time will tell if he'll come back.

I'd like another cartoon Archie.

Penders finally kills Sonic…

You don't know image boards work do you?

No this is my first day here can you please explain?

Getting banned on image boards is a meme, you fag. If you don't know why, I'm not going to tell you.