Jew York Times: Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now They’re on His Transition Team

Hunter Flores
Hunter Flores

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump, who campaigned against the corrupt power of special interests, is filling his transition team with some of the very sort of people who he has complained have too much clout in Washington: corporate consultants and lobbyists.

Jeffrey Eisenach, a consultant who has worked for years on behalf of Verizon and other telecommunications clients, is the head of the team that is helping to pick staff members at the Federal Communications Commission.

Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist whose clients include Devon Energy and Encana Oil and Gas, holds the “energy independence” portfolio.

Michael Torrey, a lobbyist who runs a firm that has earned millions of dollars helping food industry players such as the American Beverage Association and the dairy giant Dean Foods, is helping set up the new team at the Department of Agriculture.

Mr. Trump was swept to power in large part by white working-class voters who responded to his vow to restore the voices of forgotten people, ones drowned out by big business and Wall Street. But in his transition to power, some of the most prominent voices will be those of advisers who come from the same industries for which they are being asked to help set the regulatory groundwork.

The president-elect’s spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, declined a request for comment, as did nearly a dozen corporate executives, consultants and lobbyists serving on his transition team, which was outlined in a list distributed widely in Washington on Thursday.

A number of the people on that list are well-established experts with no clear interest in helping private-sector clients. But to critics of Mr. Trump — both Democrats and Republicans — the inclusion of advisers with industry ties is a first sign that he may not follow through on all of his promises.

archive.is/bKeBa

Henry Jones
Henry Jones

somebody who owns a phone company is head of federal communications
Energy guy holds energy independence portfolio
Food guy does food buisiness
etc. etc.
If you don't think this is just trump picking the right people for the right job you are either a shill pretending to be retarded or retarded.

Hudson Bennett
Hudson Bennett

You don't have to defend Trump on everything. He clearly fucked up here at least. Look into their history Trump needs to not let this happen.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

[citation needed]

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

I trust Trump to not fuck hiring his staff up, but at the same time, we have to be wary of compromises he makes to get things done. We need to be a vanguard, rather than yes-men.

Michael Long
Michael Long

I can't wait for Trump to sue the NYTimes, and make them cover the cost of his entire Presidential campaign.

Jose Moore
Jose Moore

I need to look into these people in more detail, but there is a difference between hiring someone who ACTS as a lobbyist, and someone who formerly worked as a lobbyist. If we were entirely puritan, we would disregard Trump since he has clearly, and admittedly used lobbyists to curry favor.

Jayden Hughes
Jayden Hughes

This is basically what Fascism is about:
Experts in their own fields (in this case business) advising and helping run the government.
Nor is this anything other than what he promised on the campaign trail.

What alternatives are there? Appointing some know-nothing paper pusher?
Besides, the way it works is: The team picks candidates for the various government departments (and his immediate staff). No one is appointed yet.

Ian Clark
Ian Clark

I don't trust him to not fuck up hiring for the administration, actually. It is impossible to be 100 percent sure of any job candidate and a lot of them turn out to be shit despite excellent credentials, as many business owners will attest to. Running an effective administration is more about firing people when they fuck up than hiring people, and if there is one thing Trump knows how to do it is how and when to fire people.

Robert Collins
Robert Collins

Hehehe.

Lincoln Clark
Lincoln Clark

Transition team means these people are helping Trump and his current team build their future team in co-operation with the current Obongo team.

You can't drain the swamp if you can't find the plug.

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

I think trump was referring to bankster kikes not the food and phone people…

Aiden Stewart
Aiden Stewart

Breaking: Hitler hires Goebbels, newspaper owner and radialist to his public communications cabinet. Jews point out conflict of interest!

Wyatt Lewis
Wyatt Lewis

This. I am going to wait and see. If the reforms don't come or stop, then OP was right.

For now, this is not something I am going to get salty over.

Jayden Cox
Jayden Cox

nazi
smoking
Anyway this thread is shit, check em

Dominic Hall
Dominic Hall

Can you even find people for these positions that haven't been involved in lobbying? The most important thing is that Trump has the final word and he won't let these people affect him. Even if Trump hires the biggest lobbyists (which he wouldn't do), it's up to Trump if he takes that money.

Jose Harris
Jose Harris

Wtf I love kikes now!

Jeremiah Bell
Jeremiah Bell

A number of the people on that list are well-established experts with no clear interest in helping private-sector clients.
Refusing to comment does make it look bad though. It's so simple to explain this in a positive way, like the first response already did.

Kayden Gonzalez
Kayden Gonzalez

Trump can do no wrong
First post, every time, a shill.

Caleb Gray
Caleb Gray

hiring someone who ACTS as a lobbyist, and someone who formerly worked as a lobbyist

In October, declaring that “it’s time to drain the swamp in Washington,” he promised to institute a five-year ban in which all executive branch officials would be prevented from lobbying the government after they left. He has also promised to expand the definition of a lobbyist, so it includes corporate consultants who do not register as lobbyists but still often act like one. - ibid.

Liam Cooper
Liam Cooper

Goebbels was an original party member
and was personally converted from Strasserism by Hitler's sheer charisma and philosophy
probably the most loyal person to Hitler in all of Germany afterwards
But no, it's totally comparable.