Was TV back in the day really so bad that Star Trek (TOS) was considered quality entertainment?

Was TV back in the day really so bad that Star Trek (TOS) was considered quality entertainment?
I can't believe anybody was able to watch it and not kill themselves out of despair.

Other urls found in this thread:

myjewishlearning.com/article/star-trek-jewish-thought-and-social-revolution/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technologies_in_2001:_A_Space_Odyssey
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It had nice special effects and some political undertones commie wishlist though. the only ones that could fund it were kikes. Plus, sci fi was something new.

Same as asking how could anyone watch silent cinema.
It was the best that they had with the tools available.

Well silent films died off, but Star Trek is still sorta relevant to this date. How did it amass the huge fanbase that it has?

Damn if only we could work together with communism, we'd be in the stars by now…

The fandom was born out of the innocent optimism of whites, and the idea that the future was space exploration and adventure.

Having watched all of it, under the influence of a trekkie friend, I can say:
DS9 was sorta good
Enterprise season 4 was actually good
the rest of it is garbage and I have no idea why anybody would watch it

I still like it.

Really makes you think.

Nah, Star Trek was always for nerds. It's schlock along the way of Xena and Hercules aswell.

Tv was better back in the day, used to be that the whole family would get together each week and watch their favourite show. Nothing close to Happy Days on tv nowadays.

Big Bazinga Theory was the modern Happy Days until we switched timelines when the universe ended in 2012. Now, it's probably Bill Nye The Gender Guy.

The films may not have had dialog but at most theaters they were huge productions. Movies were accompanied by score sheets and live musicians provided the music and other sound cues. Lights with color filters pointed at the screen could be used in to give additional variations of tone. Many films also employed tints, blue for moonlit scenes, amber for daylight, and red for fire or explosion, in addition to others. Prior to the Hays Code in 1932 which was written by Catholics to place limits on depictions of morality and violence in film themes, pre-1932 films often had plots and themes just as dark and depraved as today's films. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these films have been lost to time.

reruns. just like how everybody knows about the brady bunch, mash, gilligan's island, bewitched, etc.

decades of reruns.

when it was live, there were three channels.
by the time it was in constant syndication, there were maybe five channels, and Trek was up against The Andy Griffith Show and Sanford and Son.
(not that I'm saying anything bad about Sanford and Son, of course.)

Andy Griffith is cringeworthy nostalgiashit

Cosmos 1999 > Star Wars> Star Trek
End of the story.

go the fuck back to reddit right now

Star Trek maggots…

kys

The simple truth is that Star Trek was always shit. The only reason it keeps rearing its ugly head is because of how Jewish it is.

yfw DS9 Ferengi are literally ugly space Jews

I can understand people being bored by the stuffy later shows, but TOS is just pure fun and creativity. Tell me the happy spores episode isn't quality entertainment.

DS9 is over rated. Sisko's mission was to get Bajor into the Federation, not defeat Cardassia. The Dominion sucked as adversaries too. I found the Suliban to be more interesting.

Sisko was the worst part of the show. Dude can't act for shit.

I like to marathon Quark and Garak episodes and ignore most of the rest.

hahahaha oh wow, turn six please

He is a nigger.

This.

Star Trek: Jewish Thought and Social Revolution
myjewishlearning.com/article/star-trek-jewish-thought-and-social-revolution/
Sure thing Ephraim.

Gotta give Star Trek credit though. It did predict certain technologies. Cell Phones and Flat Panel TVs. Every other Sci Fi's were still using CRT displays.

It did nothing that other contemporary, and previous, sci-fi works hadn't already done.

Implying 2001 didn't have flat screen
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technologies_in_2001:_A_Space_Odyssey

doesn't star trek predate 2001 by a year or so?

I bet you like TNG though you disgusting faggot

OP here.
I hate TNG as well
also never watched a single ep of got if that changes anything.

2 years. Star Trek 1966 and 2001 1968.

What would be an excellent Star trek Plot?

turn non-redditor, please

ok
but at least it's not reddit wars

90% of the original series is straight up japanese-harem-visual-novel-level wish fulfillment. It's a show about a hot spaceship captain who saves and liberates entire species only through the power of dicking the hottest women around, and it's made with the exact intention of the nerdy loser audience self-inserting as him

/thread/
This is why Cosmos 1999 is superior in every department.

People overplay just how much of a womaniser Kirk was. If you actually watch the show, he doesn't get with women THAT often. Certainly not every episode.

Every superior civilization is genetically compatible with our sub-civilized seed spreading Captain. The ship and crew simply exist to serve in his five year conquest of spreading his seed throughout the galaxy. The universe shall tremble in the terror of the resulting acting for millennia to come.

McCoy had his own way with women.

You think that was bad? Travel back another decade or so when every fucking show on television was a cookie-cutter Western to experience true horror.

you suck dicks

I'm watching the show right now. This exact second. Season 2, episode 18 "The Immunity Syndrome" has just started.
And yes, he does. Maybe not every episode, but one in five is certainly accurate. And if we count every time some crewmember seduces a hot alien, it's upped to one in four, maybe even one in three.

It's by far more than any other sci fi show that came after ST TOS.

… if he's not nutting in a hot alien broad, he's usually sexually harassing a yeoman or a nurse. Captain's prerogative.

they are jumping on his dick like lemmings, it's no harassment

Not as many as that show you posted.

It honestly baffles me how powerful the western genre used to be back then.

It was kinda like capeshit now just less pozzed and entirely for the superior white man and his guns.

Can't handle that rapid hetero dick rifle fire or dat spicy rifle flip. Every bullet impregnated your wife.

Kirk the womaniser is a reddit and normie meme.

People who have never even seen the show will insist Kirk was a sexist womaniser fucking green aliens every week. (So of course that's what he does in the JJ films)

In actual fact the viewer standin is Spock. He's the exposition source as the non-23rd Century human, and he's also the standin as an emotionless autist who doesn't understand human humour or emotion.

All the aspies identify with Spock.

For this reason every Trek series has an emotionless autist for the aspies to relate to who can comment on humanity from the outside.

TNG has Data
VOY has Tuvok, Seven, and the Doctor
DS9 probably Odo, I dunno I haven't watched much
ENT has T'Pol (she's dual role for the nerds as she's also the fan-service)

Nah, the emotionless non-human of DS9 was Sisko.

Odo had emotions. He was just a miserable asshole.