Thoughts on Taiwan? Does china have a rightful claim on it or is it a country of its own?

Thoughts on Taiwan? Does china have a rightful claim on it or is it a country of its own?

So spooky, just like the "legal ownership of property".

nice trips

Yo Stirner, that's my glass and my clothes, man.

Come and take them then, my property. :^)

the civil war was formally between only the PRC and ROC (if we ignore the ongoing conflict both the PRC and ROC had against japan, as the sino-japanese wars overlapped with it). the PRC managed to defeat the ROC, which had superior numbers and firearms, and push them back all the way back to the island formosa (now taiwan). it followed capitulation and was to surrender control to the PRC, but never did, as it got support from the US which put the war on a hold, until now (although both are formally still at war, as PRC claims the ROC government in taiwan to make it a "rogue province of china" now, while the ROC claims it is the true successor to the civil war). it's essentially a war between liberal democracy and autocracy.

i studied there on exchange for 1 year at NSYSU. it was alright. very spooked people but the cool thing is, despite almost all of the aboriginal formosan people being massacred by first the japanese and then the ROC, there is still a very unique chinese culture that blends japanese and formosan aboriginal cultures.

if only victory from PRC is counted, yes. as i said, ROC formally surrender and should have technically given over its sovereigny, but was saved by the US.

by any other standard? hell no. i'm a communist but even i would prefer taiwan remained sovereign instead of becoming another region usurped by beijing autocrats. what happened to hong kong should already show you how awful it is for working class people. of course, they benefitted from muh privileges before they became SAR, like very cheap labor forces in the mainland, but now they are powerless and lack even bourgeois parliamentary democratic means to defend themselves.

So basically it comes down to violence to get thing done.

Stirner's anti-spook might as well be might makes right.

Wow. read The ego and its own

Uh, what's the point when might makes right solves the whole thing?

He really should rephrase it as Might Makes Right, but I guess somebody already wrote a book about that.

Taiwan controls some of the Spratley Islands? I didn't even know that, kek.

stirner is a meme beloved by the left only because nietzsche got stolen by the nazis. the ego and its own is kindling tier

it does not. however, it has claim wars over them, along with PRC, vietnam, philipines, etc.

the other islands noted on that map (aside from one, which i don't recognize) are Ponghu, Jinmun, Matsu, Wuchiou, Tongsha and Nansha. these are the islands where ROC has definite administrative control.

Give all of China to the ROC is the only real solution.

Might CREATES rights, because you need force to enforce them. The Romans had rights over their land in the Roman empire, what did it do when the barbarians invaded? Jack fucking shit.

50 center detected.

CPC deserves to burn alive, each and every single party member. How does that make you feel, chairman? I want you to burn alive for what you've done to a nation. I want you and all your rotten, corrupt, disgraceful kin to burn too.

Just like the failed dynasty you really are.

top kek. i wish i could be a 50 center and earn a little extra by spreading delusion but i've already lost my chinese nationality for signing charter 08 years ago and exiled to australia.

feelsgoodman, i want them to burn just as much. but i'm channeling kravchenko here. trying not to be another disillusioned useful idiot who thinks liberal democrats have my interests more than communist despots.

save yourself the edge and spooks, chiang.

Yeah, right

Taiwan is China.

well, like i said, it's "pick your poison". at least there is a seam of control with bourg democracy. for example, hong kongers and taiwanese are still (who knows for how long, though) allowed to organize and agitate. they can gather followings, even communist ones. on the other hand, in china this is impossible. it is a conundrum but, as zizek would say it, at least the mainlanders know they are not free, whilst the hong kongers and taiwanese still live under the illusion that they are. this is the fatal facade of the liberal democratic "freedom of a forced choice".

i'm definitely a communist and would like to a see a world free of bourgeois control, state and money, although it may not seem that way considering i'm against the PRC regime (so much that i left china permanently).