Valericucks on suicide watch

Valericucks on suicide watch

It will work well in China and Europe.

You'd have to pay me, let's say…30 euros.

what troglodyte writes this shit?

This will probably end up like the Dredd movie, not so good in theaters, makes all its money on dvd sales/home release.

did Dredd even brake even?

It looks like ass no matter what Cara is garbage

If it looks like Cara's ass i'd give it a watch if you know what I mean

It flopped because Americans are unable to intellectually process anything that falls outside of their nascar-wwe-capeshit cultural triangle. Truly a pitiable people, a nation of infants with dried up dreams.

404 ass not found

I'm sorry Dane, but your movie just sucks.

I'm not Dane but one thing I know is it did not depend on him. Dane's a very fine actor, second to none in his generation (save maybe for Jay Baruchel).

yeah, what about
Bubba? half Holla Forums would be sperging over how kino it is if it were shot in shitty grainy black-and-white and the actors spoke some incomprehensible slavic meme language

Besson is a hack by definition, and that isn't bad when you measure your steps, somehow like Melville did
Problem is Besson is no Melville, and people actually say into his ear he's good, so he keeps just improvising and doing retarded decisions, along with stealing mercilessly to quench his lust for flashy, non-sensical whims of desire

Everyone knows Star Wars, so that's bullshit.
So it focuses on the capeshit viewers, and this is a bad choice why? Capeshit dominates the market.
This had to be expected. It's a movie made outside of Hollywood, so the reviewers didn't get paid to write good reviews as is the common practice with capeshit movies.
He has a point here. Cara is hated around the world for her bad looks and everyone thinks the Dehane is a bad actor, amiright /leddit/.
Dunkino and Nigger Trip.
So he mentions that the 200 million dollar budget number is including marketing costs. This is never the case with Hollywood productions. So a 17 million dollar box office opening weekend is a good number because the movie will do better in Europe.

It seems like everyone is wanting to see this movie fail because it isn't a Hollywood production. I wonder why…

I won't argue with the portrayal of him as something of a more stylish and more sophisticated Lucas basically, except for him
please provide examples of him doing so

Leon has plenty of check-in frame copies from Le Samourai
5th Element is Die Hard guy with Blade Runner and Stargate fused, even with the same panoramic shots in both of them
Angel-A had a couple of Godard shots in a church
He steals our money for his shitty hack jobs, he got 20 bucks from me

Never heard of it

Here's the problem!

Lets try and make a lot of money! A Blockbuster!
1. Spend well over 200M
2. On something that isn't well known
3. Hire completely bad unwanted actors who are cheap instead of fresh faces or someone who is actually ok for cheap.
4. Movie gets bad reviews for everything because its probably succumbs to big budget madness
5. Nobody sees it and you lose $100-200 million and bankrupt your company (Europacorp)

vs.

Lets try and make a lot of money! A Blockbuster!
1. Spend 50-110 million
2. Get a couple decent actors who actually are pretty and or relevant. (Note how do you go from Bruce Willis to Dane Dehaan)
3. The script and effects are more practical instead of greenscreen and the film can be just as artistic and original and have more meaning than a blockbuster that has to have massive battles.
4. Movie gets good reviews because its different and practical and directed originally and has a decent to good cast.
5. Word of mouth make it gross $300-500 million and you come out with a nice profit and can make another.

Studio chooses option A everytime. Almost.

Oh ok, I see what you've meant. It's up to personal interpretation, but clear and deliberate homages shouldn't be seen as stealing imho, especially given the close relationship between cinéma du look and nouvelle vague when it comes to style and composition. Le Samourai was pretty much cannibalized by everyone in the industry, Besson did it in a more respectful and less disgusting manner than most.
About the 5th Element thing: Giraud and Mezieres were paid and credited for their work on the film and the style, architecture and world building is unmistakably theirs. If Blade Runner and Stargate came before 5th Element and failed to credit them properly despite being clearly inspired by their works then Besson's hardly the one to be blamed for theft.
Anyway, even though we don't seem to agree I really do appreciate that you've written quality posts and provided examples. Sorry about your loss of shekels, may they return to you quickly.

it's kino I swear, just go for the Director's Cut (also check out Atlantis if you liked it, cozy as fuck 80 minutes of underwater life set to electronic music)

Eh, think I'll go it it anyway. Like Luc Besson movies. A film's quality has nothing to do with its box office gross.

tbh I feel like it was marketed really bad. All I got from the ads were "Look at all da aliums!!!11!"