The Mist series is fucking SJW trash galore

Jesus those fucking writers must be stopped.
So far the film was much better

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/04/11/stephen-king-the-mist-tv-series-first-trailer/
imdb.com/title/tt5639976/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
mobile.twitter.com/gypsydanger1013/status/879136581520642048
wetpaint.com/frank-darabont-says-cast-crew-795700/
thewrap.com/mist-showrunner-lgbtq-character/
pastebin.com/66qntM33
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The girl drinks has consensual sex when she is drunk the morning after says she was raped. The doctor says there is no traces of violence. Her best friend is gay who speaks like those intersectionality nutjobs on Tumblr.
I am only 20 minutes into the first episode.

How are they making a series out of a book that wasn't even 400 pages long?

Oh boy, can't wait to see a monster until the last episode. But hold on, the people are the real monsters! What a twist!!

By streching it, I have rewatched The Mist and it was pretty kino( 126 minutes).

Pretty much this.

Same way they made They Live movie from the short Story "Eight O'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelseon. Make shit up.

An hour and a half long movie is justifiable, a fucking series with hour long episodes is beyond ludicrous, especially when the story is all about a bunch of people trapped in a grocery store that's only a broken window away from being flooded with monsters.
Fuck I hate people

Strong woman alert, they are really playing this one by the book lol.

Nope they are not trapped in a grocery store for now 40 minutes in.
Oh no it is a shopping mall and the. others are in a police station. An entire 45 minutes for the mist to come, now the twist is that the girl who made false rape accusation is with the guy she had sex with.
Watching one more episode and I am done.

This new imagining of the Stephen King horror tale has so many "agendas" that I think I'll pass on the rest of the season. I realize that this first episode merely introduces the main characters, but jeez.
.. gender fluid teens, murderous prostitutes, date rape and homophobic football players have no place in this particular story. So what gives? Is this the Social Justice Warrior version of what should be a flat-out horror show? Maybe it will improve in subsequent installments, but this initial outing leaves me doubtful.

Chock full of agendas, this show begins in a most spectacular way where somehow, the producers managed to shove every single stereotype and every single social justice issue in 47 minutes of run-time.
SPOILERS AHEAD! Racism? Check.
Femme fatale who defeats any man she ecounters? Check.
Typical American family with problems? Check.
Queer/gay/whatever boy with make-up and lacking any sort of self-awareness, spouting SJW garbage like "male privilege" and accusing sports of somehow pushing masculinity? Check.
Typical "men are wrong, women are right" situation? Check.
Typical drunken party rape story and the "it's not your fault" thrown in after there were clear warnings which obviously weren't heeded? Check.
Typical spoiled brat jock Prince Charming with a father in an important position who promises him he won't go to jail? Check.
After all of this, what is left of The Mist? Well, a mist which doesn't bring outer world creatures, but instead some pathetic normal bug swarms that somehow turn people crazy. Basically… nothing.
This show is off to a really, really bad start. And if I were to guess, the blame will be thrown on us if it doesn't succeed. Because people don't like "diversity" right? Shameful 1/10. Wouldn't recommend it.

this really didn't need a tv show.

But the film was horrible.
Is it really that bad?

Wow this fucking leftypol review.
Decent Horror Series, Updated for Modern Times
GB9090 | 13 Jul 2017
Shocked to see the bad reviews, which read more like a 4Chan thread or back-talk at a Trump Rally.
In fact, some of the nicest things about this show is that it does include an agender character, a very believable mother/daughter relationship, and a range of subplots that bring it totally into modern times. Instead of the usual tripe about a happy world where everyone's eating bbq and attending church and having 2.1 children, this world is America today as it is, warts and all. You can tell most of the reviewers are trolls who feel threatened by sexual dialogue and women in general by the way they throw around "Social Justice Warrior." The mother was no SJW, just a married lady who wanted to teach sex ed to high school students in the face of prudish townspeople. The most interesting part about her character was her own character flaws in having such a tough time relating to her daughter – and yet still loving her fiercely in her own way.
What it does lack is crisper writing and the faster pace others have complained about. We all like monsters and unexpected shocks. Still, the character development draws you into the story in more meaningful ways than the usual stereotypes in horror movies. Yeah, this is not your daddy's horror story where you scream "don't go there" as people do insufferably stupid, nonsensical things or have fights over whether a shark will drive tourists away. Nor is it Asylum or other schlock producers who make these things either monster-driven or blood and gore driven. And it is definitely not the kind of misogynistic blood and guts horror tripe that apparently the trolls here believe is a superior art form.
Having read the book, this version is closer in spirit to King's vision than the cheesy movie version, which depended on stereotypical characters, broad caricatures, including of course a pointedly "men save the world" point of view. This is a fresh take on horror that is not constantly showing dead women and mutilated men to gain points. They are trying to do something much more compelling and I think they succeed better than most, including American Horror, which I found unwatchable for its violence.
Frances Conroy is ALWAYS worth watching, and attacking Ms. Sutherland over her looks is just disgusting. She gives a tight, cold performance, saying so much about the character with her facial expressions. The trans kid is excellent as well.
All the adults in our household – grown men and women, mind you, who watch endless amounts of movies in this genre and one of whom is a huge King fan – have been enjoying this series, and can identify with terrorized, emotionally numb characters trying to maintain some semblance of sanity in the midst of a terrifying new reality. It isn't a 10, not even an 8, but it's a very respectable 6+ in this genre and considering the genre, that's saying a lot

The film was good shitlord.

i am shocked
shocked

No it wasn't it was so fucking annoying. That one bitch wouldn't shut the fuck up and then that ending was so fucking stupid.

Literally stopped reading there.

I'll be a son of a gun

Christian Torpe the screenwriter is an homosexual activist.

Is that what they're calling child molesters now?

Top lol.

Showrunner Christian Torpe has even gone on at length describing the show’s “timely” quality saying, “[W]e look around at what’s going on in the world, and everyone is constantly looking for someone to blame, or someone to lead them to the promised land. They find people to hate, either because of their gender or race or faith. Those are elements we tap into — how fear drives things like misogyny and homophobia.”
ew.com/tv/2017/04/11/stephen-king-the-mist-tv-series-first-trailer/

Aye, those evil white straight cis male christian capitalist conservative bigots must be stopped.

Written by a fujoshit who likes shit horror like Paranormal Activity and The Grudge.

>imdb.com/title/tt5639976/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

are the goyim stirring?

shut it down

Even the normies call it bullshit.

Don't Pull That Trigger!
1/10 | Babu Fits | 14 Jul 2017
When I first heard of this show, I rolled my eyes and thought, "Wow, a remake of a remake….
" I wasn't going to bother with it at all, but after noticing the large number of "alt- right" types that were so vehemently triggered by what they perceived to be SJW(aka anything that threatens my fragile ego) themes, I was intrigued and decided to give it a shot. Man, was I wrong and man, was I triggered - by how dull and plodding and stereotypical this was.
Insular small town stereotypes everywhere - the dumb, homophobic, bullying letterman- jacketed jock, the dumb, awkward teenage girl who goes to the clichéd high school house party with her cliché gay best friend where she gets drunk and is taken advantage of by the date-rapist jock(also sporting nifty letterman jacket!), who happens to be related to (gasp!) the chief of the inept, all-white all-male police force, who fail to heed the warnings of impending doom because they are far too busy locking up the proclaimers of the aforementioned doom and conspiring to obstruct a rape investigation. Also, the clichéd "the animals know what's up" scene which results in the obligatory "trip to the library to research old newspapers on microfiche" scene.
Notice, I have not yet mentioned the actual MIST. That is because as far as this show is concerned, the titular horror is a complete afterthought. Worse yet, anything that is not cliché is just plain stupid. In one ridiculous scene, an officer, caught in the mist decides to take a SELFIE. We are also introduced to a "mysterious" supposedly bad-ass woman, who, in one scene, mops the floor with a man twice her size only to get disarmed by a relatively unskilled, puny dweeb of a man in a later scene. What does she know about the mist? What is she doing sneaking around the town, literally digging things up? By the end of the episode, I just didn't care anymore.
The road to television hell is paved with good intentions. I understood what the writers were trying to do, but not why they tried to do it here in such an artless, ham-fisted way. I've seen after-school PSAs, episodes of Glee,"gangsta" glee(Empire) and even The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - which is very slapstick and played almost entirely for laughs - that did a more heartfelt, intelligent job of addressing homophobia, chauvinism, racism and other forms of discrimination. How ironic that the neocon, anti-equality, mgtow, he-man 'womun' haters club crowd are the ones that drew me into the The Mist that I am now trying to keep others away from.
This is easily in the running for worst of the year honors. Nothing you haven't seen done before and done far better. Don't waste your time with this uninspired, poorly executed mess.

Also I was on twitter and nobody was talking about #themist apart from two gay men.

Fuck, I never thought I'd be happy reading IMDB reviews. This truly is a wonderful day.

It's a guilty pleasure movie and we all know it. Most Stephen Kings movies are.

That ending tho.

The ending was better than in the novella, it had a really nice twist.

Holla Forums has now officially turned into irredeemable trash.

Poor thing.

ugh so problematic & toxic
why can't everyone just agree with me

So leave faggot

what's the point of wasting time watching this if you already know what the "gotcha" is?

This. This show is amazing and not filled with kike shit, go watch it.

the goyim are always stirring, the question is will they actually do dick about something.

< is trash

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/oven/

I want to see Half-Life shit going down at the military base.

is it rightwing or leftwing SJW though?
the movie was good until the lel so edgy XD ending shit the bed. i wish they had shot the original ending so it might be available on DVD or whatever.

Scoot on back to your hugbox, new meat.

I enjoyed the movie with Thomas Jane (Punisher)
What the fuck is this all about?

>>>/tumblr/

It is totally Leftist, just read the fucking thread user.
7:06 into the first episode, "I mean all football is is white male aggression."

10 minutes into The Mist series

OMGGGGG 20 minutes in and there's a rape because a young girl drank at a party!!!! My sides! My gender nonconforming sides!!!!

Okay, jesus fuck ok, the rape is blamed on the DAD FOR DISOBEYING THE MOMS ORDERS lololololol your kid is raped, wut do? Blame the dad!!!!!!

mobile.twitter.com/gypsydanger1013/status/879136581520642048

isn't a thing you fucking faggot.

Columbo wasn't trapped in a grocery store, you could easily pad his stories out by virtue of changing locations alone.

And here comes poleddit to defend a shittily written show because nazis don't like it or something.

Kill your self, you gypsy filth.

Is Frank Darabont still writing threatening emails to the Walking Dead showrunners?

Satan, i'll bet you a fiddle of gold that it is 'Cabin in the Woods' tier schlock

this is dumb

this should have been the easiest show to make

small town comfy holed up apocalypse scenario, with occasional CGI monsters that can get hidden by mist so they look more realistic than usual tv budget creatures

shit, I could have done it in my sleep. How did they fuck it up so hard?

I hope so.
Fun fact:
Three actors in the cast of The Walking Dead have worked with Frank Darabont before. They are Jeffery DeMunn (Dale), Laurie Holden (Andrea), and Melissa Suzanne McBride (Carol). The three of them worked with Darabont on his adaptation of Stephen King’s The Mist. DeMunn played Dan Miller in the horror film, but he also worked with Darabont on The Majestic, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.
A fourth actor that was in both ‘The Mist’ & ‘The Walking Dead’, Sam Witwer he had a small role as walker.
Had HBO picked up TWD, Thomas Jane would have starred as Rick Grimes. Jane was was the lead in The Mist.

____

Frank Darabont Says The Walking Dead Cast and Crew Were “Bullied and Threatened”
Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images The Walking Dead
Frank Darabont Says The Walking Dead Cast and Crew Were “Bullied and Threatened”
November 22, 2013 by GINA CARBONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Darabont is now promoting his new show, Mob City, which features two cast members from The Walking Dead, which he developed and ran for AMC until he was dismissed early in production on Season 2.

Since he's doing press for the TNT show, people keep asking him about his ugly split with The Walking Dead. He hadn't said too much about it in the past, but now he's just a quote machine.

He previously talked about "truly malevolent people" pushing him out, and he's also called the execs "sociopaths." In a new interview with IGN, he explained the main source of the antagonism was the 25 percent budget cut when the show advanced to Season 2.

IGN noted that everyone in the cast and crew seemed afraid to comment on the showrunner split when it happened. "Oh yes, they were bullied, and threatened, and their livelihoods threatened, and there was some weight being thrown around,” Frank said. “Like I said, I'll write a book. And there are a lot of people who will go on record. That are actually very keen to go on record, because like I said there are a lot of people who felt tremendously abused."

wetpaint.com/frank-darabont-says-cast-crew-795700/

Grow the fuck up you pathetic little shits. Don't like it? Stop watching then. SIMPLES!

Sage for politisperg Holla Forumscuck trash. In a just world you would be permenantly banned from this board and we wouldn't have to listen to your impotent rage.

Real subtle

Get a load of this pathetic hothead! I bet you pass your time sniffing poppers and writing SJW articles on Tumblr about buttsex and homo-parenting.
Sage of course negated.
I will continue to complain until the show is cancelled and the sodomite screenwriter issue a full and sincere apology.

The Mist/TWD connection.

Am I wrong? We get it Holla Forumsyps are perpetually triggered, we don't need another thread to remind us. Did my text seem childish? Well guess what, thats exactly what you butthurt lil pigskins sound like when you come here to whine about "DA ESS JAY DUBYAS!" AND "DA JUICE!". Think about that.

Poor lil pigskin boi…

I'm guessing a lot of people have stopped watching it assuming they even started to begin with.

With the twist out of the way, the rest of the story is a crude retreading of every other horror survival scenario where the message is that humanity is the real monster. The Mist is a portal to random monster dimension, so you get any and every horror thing a writer or big SFX budget could ever want… and the rest of it is people trapped in rooms bickering over dumb shit until one of them does something stupid enough to get killed, or a monster finally breaks in.

This fucking pickaninny.
Holla Forums is not a fucking leftist board so get the fuck out.

Nope not at all because there is no unity of place and the show is more about social commentary and pushing an intersectional and Lgbt agenda real hard.
It is litteraly Tumblr the horror film.

“The way he speaks about his sexuality and how aware of it he is, I certainly did not have,” Torpe explained. “I knew what I was but I didn’t have the strength to be as open and as vocal about it as he is.”

thewrap.com/mist-showrunner-lgbtq-character/

…What the actual fuck were they thinking?

holy shit, so new

yeah it is, have you left th basement lately?
the alt-reddit, trump supporters, conservakiddies

At best that guy is a leftard trying to write a normie styled review and even then he still couldn't bring himself to defend the sprinkling turd.

Which is why only retards like you use the term. Got it.

This, this is why his review made me laugh, you have to be too far gone to defend this shit.

No matter how you try you'll never make white skin undesirable.

The acting is Days of Our Lives level melodrama shit, so much so that if I didn't know the origins I'd think it was a spoof on lefty teen garbage being included in an end of the world scenario where it has no business being relevant but somehow still is.

So racial cleansing, gassing kikes, and bogging faggots is "social justice" now. I thought I was just advocating for the murder of shitheads.

Also last time a checked the hard right doesn't control every piece of media produced for public consumption and fill it full of politicized bullshit as an explicit and widely admitted to policy of social engineering.

Then how come all the players are black ex-convicts?

You're such a moron.

lol nigger.

this show is libtard fantasy. strong alpha males are evil and are killed by the mist but betas and dopeheads arent

/Thread

Yawn.

I long for the days when agender meant a cool robot that has no gender because it's not biological and not a jackass with a stupid haircut who acts extremely feminine despite claiming to have no gender.

You guys are making this sound so shit it underflows and becomes entertaining again

Man, that message is getting so tired. How long until they make a survival scenario where in the end it turns out that humans weren't the monsters all along and we fucking rule?
I'm fucking sick of them pushing the reptilian agenda. I'm a fucking human, cater to me.

How about the humans grind the aliens into dust for their own interests, exterminate all intelligent life they encounter and are portrayed as wise and cautious when pursuing their interests and ensuring the survival of their own kind at any cost. You know like a successful species would.

pastebin.com/66qntM33