So they actually went through and made the Captain Underpants movie. The trailer honestly looks good...

So they actually went through and made the Captain Underpants movie. The trailer honestly looks good, using the same animation technique like the Peanuts but its being made by the guys from Kung Fu Panda. Anyone else remember reading this as a kid?

I'd webm it if I could, I physically can't at this time

I read those books as a kid. They were funny from what I remember. The trailer seems to be pretty faithful to the books. The voices for the two kids seems a bit weird.

I don't get it. What's supposed to be the appeal?

The animation looks neat but that's about it.

the children sound like fucking adults

NO FLIP-O-RAMA NO WATCH

Thats because they are voiced by adults.

I can see the appeal in the Madagascar movies which are exactly that, but this just seems so simplistic and lacking in substance.

The only thing I liked about the Madagascar movies where the Penguins.

I like that style. It's an appealing transition from 2D to 3D.

But the entire production is an advanced form of Flip-o-rama

Nothing beats 2d though but it works.

I remembere that I loved it though I honestly don't remember much about the story iself.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS HIM

Doesn't look terrible, glad they didn't shoe horn in some rap dance number like with the Peanuts trailer.
Other than the kids sounds like grown ass men I think this should be mostly inoffensive like the Peabody and Sherman movie, no one will fucking remember it a month after it came out.

I hate this this, it's so unsettling

I loved these books as a kid. I'll watch it.

I'm honestly surprised they even bothered. Had this movie been made in ~2001 or so I think it would've been a megahit on par with Shrek 2.

Loved the books as a kid. As long as the movie is faithful to the source material I am all good

BUT WHY THOSE FUCKING VOICES FOR THE KIDS MAN?!

A trailer that made me laugh?

Surprising isn't it?

No because I didn't have the reading level of a toddler.

Hate the kid voices. Like the animation style. Still hate the original for making the kids, or just one of them, gay. Forgettable but harmless movie most likely.

Dreamworks needs to be fucking put down.

wait one of them was gay? I don't remember that from the books.

it was in the last book.

And there's not gonna be another one because of pedophilia suspicions because of the entire premise

Don't get your hopes up too high. It's Dreamworks, not Blue Sky. There's still a chance they could fuck it up somehow.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be hype for this film, but there's just so much that could go wrong that it's hard for me to be excited.

Remember when Captain Underpants was about defeating robot booger monsters with orange juice

Bums me out, but if the creator genuinely loves progressive shit not much I can do about it.

just cause one of the characters is gay doesn't mean he's insufferably Progressive.

At least they didn't play "Auhaa, AYYaY"

Oh God I keep hearing that damn song what is it?!

Buttercup Gerbilchunks getting this derail started.

The Captain Underpants books are underrated, there's a lot of goofy jokes hiding some pretty smart jokes.

It's a Kanye song called (power). Came out 7ish years ago.

I hated the Peanuts Movie, the only part I remember laughing was the instant Charlie Brown picks up War and Peace and immediately falls asleep. The movie itself looked absolutely stunning though. Wouldn't mind if they made more cartoons using that style.

Flunky Banana-Sniffer

Could have been worse.

Greasy Pizzasniffer

Squeezit Gerbil-Brains. Not bad. Not good, but not bad.

Horton Hears a Who was shit

Blue Sky and Dreamworks are pretty much the same. Both are shameless in creating obviously corporate ideas and selling them for a quick buck, but when the movie is relying on the artform or story as its selling point, usually it's good.

It does mean that, unfortunately. Sneaking it into a kid's book, no less, is infinitely more degenerate.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY USE THIS FUCKING SONG

The voices really suck, the kids sound much too old.

What?

Pricing?

The blonde white kid, naturally. Fuck them all to death with a rusty hook.

Loopy Banananose

One of my friends went off about how apparently Captain Underpants is the "Western Evangelion". It was so absurd I had to believe him, of course, so someone here needs to avail me of that notion.

As for the trailer, it looks pretty bland. Maybe good enough for kids, but as stated here before, the two main kids' voices were poorly chosen.

Cuz no wun mah shoo hah all dah powuh, apparently.

Ok I'll bite. Why is Captain Underpants the Western Evangelion?

Now that is a comparison I never thought anyone would make, especially not with a children's book about a bald man hypnotized into going out and fighting crime in his underwear. Dare I ask about his reasoning?

Stinky Wafflechunks.

Not the original poster, but I think it was because Dav Pilkey had a Anno type break down looking after his dying father. The series was on hiatus for six years, when it returned in 2012, the final 4 books had sections where there's philosophical retrospective about adulthood and other similar subjects.

Fluffy Wafflechunks. I guess is my less-hygienic brother sister.

Stinky Chucklechunks, reporting in

The weird thing is Fripp is actually cool with it.
He says it's nice that the song is still relevant all these years later.

Stinky PickleTush

I remember flipping through some of the last books. That probably explains why he ranted about adulthood and the education system. Before he was subtle, but in the last books there was a sense of bitterness in those sections. I feel sorry for him. I think it's similar to what happened to the LISA dev.

Crusty Bubble-Fanny

Buttercup Gerbil Juice

Nice trips, Buttercup.

Thanks, agent No. 001

You know, he looks similar to evil andonuts.

Poopsie Toiletshorts
Talk about a dumpy name. What a shitshow.

I didn't want to use the original song link b cause the album had very kosher cover art.

Because it's a meme song from the early '10s and is still popular. So when people hear it, they would think of the movie trailers that used it.

Chim-Chim Giggletush reporting in.
I'm actually looking foward to the movies.

member those pages that were animated when you flipped the pages back and forth
I member

Crusty Wafflesniffer

Lumpy Wafflefanny

>>>/4chan/

To be honest I half forgot about them after like five.

I'm way past the point that Captain Underpants humour works on me, but it looks like a perfectly good adaptation. I'm sure kids will like it.

scat. jews love scat.

Again, this wasn't me that said it, just a friend of mine informing me. I just asked him about it and just says "weird interdimensional stuff."

Yeah, it's probably just exaggeration on his part.

Or this

Scatological humor has been around since at least the ancient Greek comedy The Cloud, Uncle Holla Forums.

Poopsie Lizard-Tushie.

Yeah, Book 8 had them go into a evil twin universe, and then nothing for about 5 years. I honestly stopped reading because I was growing older, and then when the newer books came out, the time travel shenannigans became way too complicated were getting too complicated. That might be what he thinks qualifies for "Western Evangelion".

I know what you mean.

Yeah, this is neat and all, but I'd rather have the real fucking deal: fluid 2-D animation

Never fail, truthseeker.

I'm saying it's been around longer in the West than you seem to think, Hans.

Fluffy Toilet-Chunks

Holy shit, the animation is fucking hilarious.

makes me sad every time

What happened to the movie? I thought they just cancelled it to make more generic crowd pleasing stuff.

got canceled cuz "muh damsels in distress"

I wonder if it's a reference to gay's old meaning of "happy".

Chim-Chim Waffle Buns

Flunky Pottybrain here to say it gets worse. One of the later books devoted a chapter to ripping on GOP (or, "Grumpy Old People"), with Fox News jokes sprinkled throughout. Saw it myself.

Maybe don't put political shit in your kids' series about incredibly naughty cafeteria ladies from outer space, equally evil lunchroom zombie nerds, and giant toilet beasts.

Loopy Toad Brains

Source? Cause I swear if it's true.

I thought they cancelled because of this guy

Day woint

bump

Did we became the 90s obsessively religious people who burn Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

Peabody and Sherman became one of my favorite movies. Mostly because I loved the segment in The Rocky and Bullwinkle show I also loved the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie

Not even close. There's being offensive and there's being annoyingly crude. Annoyingly crude is what we hate.

bump

It's a reference to how he realizes that his younger self hasn't been raped by his uncle yet, forcing him down the path of faggotry. And then he realizes that acting on his own degenerate urges and fucking his own adopted children has doomed them to a life of misery and probably suicide.

This makes me sad.

It makes me angry.

I love the books

I am laughing out of pure horror.

Well don't stop now. Post the one where the Aryans beat the Furry to death.

I believe that's called "the good end".

You mean the true end.

And you can read the rest of the story for yourself to see what happens to Barky and the Skullz. The comic's called Dreaming of Utopia. You can also read it on DeviantArt for the funny/sad comments. Most of it's just this one furfag who autistically comments on every single page.

I know this is an exaggeration but I remember an online add on somethingawful back in ~04 or so looking for babysitters that was for this exact kind of family.

Seriously? A real furry family that wore costumes around the kids?

it might've been a prank, but yes. even the kid wore one.

The fursuit making facial expressions bothered me, so I made these.

It makes me sad and angry.

He almost makes a good point, then destroys himself by saying that a child raised by never-changing stuffed animals will be MORE perceptive of facial expressions and human emotions, rather than worse at reading them than H.P. Lovecraft.

I honestly can't tell if the creator meant these seriously or not. They read like something Holla Forums would make if they wanted to scar people for life. Which this does.

Does that mean masturbation or is he literally going to lick the daily dirt off his fursuit?

Right, because people who attack other people for being different ALWAYS succumb to logic.

If that wasn't a slur for furries before, it is now.

No jury on earth would convict that ginger delinquent.

The ID shows him in his fursuit. My sides are orbiting Uranus.

The author of Black Lagoon and the author of Captain underpants went to my school when I was 7.

Can you imagine how bad the inside of a fursuit must smell? I mean mascot costumes reputedly smell like death and that's without mentally ill men having gay sex in them.

kek
The artist actually says he takes artistic license to make the masks expressive because he's not a good enough artist to convey their emotions through body language alone. And because his furries are insane autists that have literally made being furfags a religion.

There's another strip in the comic showing how hard it is for the furries to find work, because they never take off their suits except to bathe.

When I first saw the furry beatdown, I assumed it was done as a joke. But the comic is way too long and involved. The guy is obviously a furry who doesn't realize how crazy this is.

THIS
Madagascar was a shitty effort by four adult comedians who voiced themselves instead of voicing the animals.

There as just two brothers

They are innocent