Film club

Just gauging whether there's any interest in an Holla Forums film club. Thoughts on the idea? Exclusively non-meme movies or films currently in cinemas because we can talk about that crap in seperate threads, the more obscure the better. Throw out any suggestions for how this should work and any movie ideas and we can make a strawpoll for what to watch.

As regards streams I'd be against it but it's an option. We'd have to keep it occasional otherwise a 'film club' is pointless. Think it's better to give people time to watch on their own hours and not feel left out.

also I have the emotional energy to run regular threads so if there's no interest from people willing to make threads this might not last a second or third edition

Wouldn't work on this board. You might try the television board, or film if it's still active.

Won't work m8, it might if you want to do a spoof film club to throw jokes and shit with dumb flicks
If you want a "serious" film club, there's a board or two here who can pull it out, but they are certainly not Holla Forums

Depends on the movies. I think that Holla Forums has some surprisingly good threads sometimes, even breaks through the shitposting almost makes you think you weren't on Holla Forums

why not? It's slow enough to work and even on 4/tv/ there's a high enough percentage people actually interested in watching films regularly. I agree watching 1 film per week there wouldn't be enough material to dissect but I aim for a film every day anyway and a lot of people are crazy like that.

I've noticed 8/tv/ did get faster with higher memedensity when I took a break but it's honestly not bad.

Also by "non-meme" I just mean movies that are actively discussed here, because people are obviously gonna suggest TDKR, The Pest, Drive, etc. If they're obscure we get the chance to discuss films we'd never see talked about on Holla Forums otherwise, but it doesn't have to be obscure.

I'm always on the lookout for the unorthodox threads just to read up on movies to watch it's the main reason I come here

Have you actually lurked around here?
Coupling us with Burchan is bad enough for your thread to get slapped
But i'm somewhat interested in what you thought, so go on, if for some reason you had 10 men ready to follow you, what would yo do in 10 days?

Count me in, I don't have a life, might as well do this.

I'd hope some other people would be handling it because making strawpolls and threads is something anyone can handle. I'm not gonna be in charge of an internet club, I don't have the energy. I can make strawpolls and threads but I'm not going to if I'm the only one doing it and engaging.

Also chimping out jumping to bullshit conclusions because I mentioned I'm familiar with 4/tv/ is the worst reason to be uninterested in a filmclub. I'm not even gonna put any effort into explaining myself, but I'll say you're wrong. Don't make the idea about me though.

GET OINKED, FAGGOT!

Mite b cool, 7chan has been doing something like this for a long time. My advice is to not stream shit every single night like they do though, people will and do burn out.

This though. Do it on a board that isn't a Holla Forums-tier shithole like this one.

I'm down

This is premium bait, fam

Holla Forums is objectively the best board on this site. Now you can choose to either get

Sounds like fun

To this day, I wonder if that was done because
or

I would be down for it.
We need a list of films then we can vote on which is first.
I suggest we start the thread on Friday

Watched the movie and read the book
This is absolute /kino/ and the ending is just great

I only saw the film. It was good until the end where it completely fucked up any potential it had.

I request The Cuckold and Poor Little White Boy 3. And TDKR obviously.

It's been done before but it tends to fall apart. Set up a Discord and get people to join, see who wants in and who doesn't. Force people to actually get involved with each other not just post in a thread.

Make it exclusively Oinkino or I'll have no part of this

This place is Holla Forums2 now.

It would have to be weekly or fortnightly or something. If it's too frequent then it feels like you're missing out and not everyone has the time. It would also need to be timed so that it's not just Americans that can watch while it's 4am in Europe.

And I would say one kino and one 'meme movie' as a double feature. Keeps everybody happy.

Discord's always produce autism, always.

I think it could work if we have a film club general thread. If somebody feels like streaming a movie, they can just link to the stream in it. Could have a weekly voted thing as well. And maybe have a dedicated cytu.be channel or something.

Lets watch Okja first, then Mr. Pig with Danny Glover

Of course Discord causes autism.

Weekly or fortnightly isn't common enough. You will never build a community. Twice a week minimum

Rude, that's Holla Forums.

This is Holla Forums3.

if one isn't up tomorrow afternoon I'll start it. Suggestions probably won't come till

posting in threads is more than enough enough, discords are for fags. We'll see how it goes anyway.

I'm not against any of these ideas but we should get started with a film strawpoll to get the ball rolling, then anyone can link their stream or post whatever plan.

Wrong, /r9k/ is Holla Forums2, Holla Forums is Holla Forums3, and we're Holla Forums4u

Starting suggestions:

The Green Slime
Network
One Armed Boxer

Just signup for cinemageddon if you are this film-nerd tiered.

i suggest we move to /film/ then