Is gachimuchi degenerate?

What is Holla Forums's perception of otoMADs/YTPMVs? Protected speech, or a degenerate artform?
I really don't like that this board doesn't allow embeds. This is what I was originally going to embed:
youtube.com/watch?v=rBr56k5udfE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ql8uTji-u6c
youtube.com/watch?v=4G-CEv45Jtk
youtube.com/watch?v=EkFvcq5HJ-U
youtube.com/watch?v=5eb-NIX8EWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

"Degeneracy" is a shitty right wing meme.

rude sage

if you're going to get upset at me for using a "shitty right wing meme", then this place is no better than Holla Forums tbh

That's nice. You should head on back there.

Holla Forums is garbage, apparently no different from this board.

Nobody here gives a rats ass about "degeneracy". It's all that pol cares about.

I'll say it again. You should head on back there.

It wasn't a serious question; it was posed ironically. I wanted to see if I could get a relevant discussion going about MADs/YTPMVs on this board.
Instead, I got:
which is a strangely similar response to when I post a thread involving anime on Holla Forums.
Did you seriously think I'd make a thread here seeking to determine whether or not gachimuchi is degenerate?

Degeneracy is a spook.

I never said anything about getting triggered, you insufferable faggot. I just pointed out that degeneracy is a Holla Forums meme, and that you're posting in the wrong board.

I never used the term "triggered", but that's essentially what happened. You saged and drew attention to the language of my post, rather than the content/substance. It's literally the same with Holla Forums, I could write up a very insightful thread and use an irrelevant anime image, and of course all of the stormweenies would sage and say "ANIME IS DEGENERATE, BEWARE THE EASTERN JEW >>>Holla Forums".
I wasn't aware that Holla Forums wasn't an appropriate context to use Holla Forums memes ironically in. Where is the appropriate board for me to post?

please kill yourself

You people are even more sensitive than Holla Forums
I don't remember the board being like this a year ago, what changed?

Anywhere other then here.

literally meme music
I've never listened to a good YTPMV

I like them, they are the are a form of art of our time

there's no objective difference between YTPMVs and MADs, just two terms for the same type of content.
However, if you want to draw the distinction between MADs and YTPMVs by the region in which they were produced, there are plenty of good MADs/YTPMVs that have been made in the west.
some ytpmvs I would consider to be good, abiding by the above definition:
1. youtube.com/watch?v=Ql8uTji-u6c
2. youtube.com/watch?v=4G-CEv45Jtk
3. youtube.com/watch?v=EkFvcq5HJ-U

I also really like a lot of the work that the korean YTPMV community does (these could probably be considered MADs as well, since they're made in the east).
youtube.com/watch?v=5eb-NIX8EWU is my favourite korean YTPMV

Isn't gachimuchi just those videos sampling gay wrestling sounds/clips? I like them, especially the older stuff (especially the ones from NND but also the well-made Western ones). Newer stuff, especially Western, is pretty bad once it spread to somekind of Twitch meme and people started making really lazy shit vids.

But I think the good stuff is actually at least somewhat interesting, not familiar with this kinda stuff aside from gachimuchi though.

yes

I agree that most of the gachimuchi made by the twitch demographic are awful, but some of them are making okay stuff. It really irritates me when these people refer to gachimuchi as cancer, since a lot of these works are profoundly beautiful (not that they'd know it since they're almost all too lazy to dig for the good content).

China is the definitely the worst offender though; their gachimuchi is by far the worst.

Well put. I find it a bit like vaporwave in this regard, where scraps of products from the different entertainment industries are stiched together to create something genuinely interesting.

I personally like it as a perverted sort of Detournement, at least a half step, removing the wrong message, but not necessarily replacing it with right one.
Gachimuchi tends to play entirely on the world of surfaces, that is, all aestheticism and not much of a message. But what since the content was originally used to alienate and repulse most people, it makes it so there's not much of a way to insert yourself or an ideology into it, making it removed from Debordian Spectacle in some part.
Though this is also true of Baneposting in some way, the opacity of the meme overtaking the real and personal, rather than the inverse, memes that rely on you inserting the personal into them for them to propogate.

No, actually it's pretty cool. People who cry about copyright, plagarism and "sample music" will be the first to the walls when the revolution comes.

As much as I love gachimuchi this seriously doesn't belong here.

More proof greentexters are fucking retards.

What do you mean?