/leftytg/ General: The Tau Empire Did Literally Nothing Wrong Edition

Time for another /leftytg/ thread folks.

I finally got off my lazy ass and made a proper banner for the thread. plz no bully I tried my best.

Post all tabletop related discussions here, arrange and create campaigns, analyze lore, write stories, produce art or whatever it may be as long as its related to tabletop at least vaguely. Funposting allowed so post blueberry qt 3.14s, orks, heresy or whatever other shite you can come up with as long as it keeps the thread alive.

Also I wanted to ask everyone something: in the future, should we arrange and run quests/campaigns in these threads or should we make separate threads for them on some other board such as /leftyb/ or /quests/? Not sure if /quests/ would appreciate a bunch of lefties coming in and /leftyb/ doesn't get enough traffic so the thread would be pretty fucking slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/leftyb/res/1206.html
mediafire.com/?03vcucam1y9nt8o
mediafire.com/download/1vh5xdbw5lfqpm9/ADEVA V3 05.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh boy I can't wait for this thread to die before reaching bump limit and no significant discussion being archived.

Anyone here play Malifaux or TTB?
Its got proletarian hotties! Well its got one hottie and a bunch of depressed rail workers and wage slaves. One of the factions is the Miners and Steamworkers Union, but they are (allegedly) run by terrorist wizards.

Tau are not communists though. There are no good guys in the 41st millenium.

Try RedBlok

What are you talking about? Tau are totally commies, can't you tell by their class based oppression system centered around what you do for a living?

Wait a minute…

Huh. I literally just finished a game of age of sigmar. Me as chaos vs stormcast eternals. Completely wiped the floor with them.

Welp.

At least its not X-Wing.

Not my fault nobody plays Through the Breach. Its a roleplaying game and i asked about it. Why dont you start talking about GURPS or whatever?

I'd love to talk about role playing games, only thing is its 40k

Because no one on here is interested in roleplaying games unless its 40k (see )

I'm interested and you are interested so why must you be such a downer?

6mm miniatures representing, cheap, space-efficient and awesome.

i appreciate what you're trying to do here but find myself unable to contribute beyond saying something vapid like "the eclipse phase reputation economy was pretty spiffy to read about" with no followup

Kill thyself.

The Tau not only treat all other races like second class citizens, but they also stick to the cast system.

Also, they have giant robots THAT THEY DONT EVEN USE FOR CLOSE COMBAT.

Tau just need to be removed from the game.

No surprise here. Shitty game and cancerous fandom

Literally no one other then 40k people have posted anything. Try posting instead of whining, you cancerous faggot.

shut up or shut down bitch

Next you'll tell us Stalin didn't go past the NEP and it was still state capitalism!

How can you finish a game that doesn't even exist?

FUCK YOU!
I want a mech AI waifu!

ANYWAY!!!!

40K is shit.
Fantasy is far better.

We sould go Shadowrun, though. get ready for the future.

Again, try posting about a game instead of whining.

Fantasy is dead, enjoy Age of Shitmar.

I'm posting about games, 40k and how much I hate it
YOU post about a game

You are trying to say something but I cannot understand you…

Sounds like B████ ██████ .. words that doesn't exist..

To be honest he's right, I don't like 40k either but don't be a faggot, just post about what you do like

Why should I post about 40k when I'm just going to face the autistic rage of you?

I just started getting into shadowrun, unfortunately no one in my play group has played it either so I'm jumping in blind. Thus far I've made a character and I've grasped the general concept of hits however I still have a lot of uncertainties about actually DMing. Any tips for a new Runner?

Maybe because it's a stupid idea and guns are a trillion times better.

Sure.

Trust noone.
There is not such thing as a milk run.
Never make a deal with a dragon.

Anarcho-degenerates in space when? Infinity is the best minis game I've ever played, hands down. One of the subfactions is even called Bakunin.

No thank you.

WHEN THE FUCK DID THE NOMADS BECOME FURRIES

Why is infinity such an awesome game?

Daktaris have always been catgirls. Morlocks are semi-lobotomised, disposable shock-troops who have undergone forced genetic experiments, a few of them could be classed as furries I guess. Uberfall are special agents who undergo genetic therapy to be able to infiltrate furry dens and eliminate them. One of the Moderator models has bunny ears. Out of the many dozens of models in the Nomad faction that's really it tho.

The Nomad icon is what actually drew my attention, the three pointed star is the International Brigades logo on a red and black field. The low model count is also very much a plus 'cause I'm poor as fuck and can't afford to play anything that requires dozens or hundreds of models to play/win, and the rules are pretty awesome too- the whole "if my model can see yours I can shoot back" thing makes games a lot more engaging than anything else I've played.

I'm looking for roleplaying heavy games that are easy/quick to setup. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear 'em.

Are nomads in the lore actual commies?

Nomads are three disparate factions in an alliance, based on three massive starships.

Corregidor was a former prision ship, the prisoners overthrew the wardens and now they're basically syndicalist. The majority of the non-military population are tradespeople, orbital construction workers, things like that.

Tunguska is Eastern European crime syndicates, basically ancaps and leet haxxors.

Bakunin is more individualist anarchism than anything else. And, just like Holla Forums the anarcho-feminists are cancer and the most useless unit in the game.

/leftyb/ BO here. Quests are totally fine there. The only thing I care about removing is spam and shit that breaks global rules.

Thanks, good to know.

It begins.

i've been thinking of setting up a game of shadowrun on roll20

but i don't know dick about roll20

There's just one user taking part in the character creation phase of the quest thread on /leftyb/, if you want in you better be fast.

if I've got a bunch of game manual pdfs what would be the best way to share them? some of them are quite large

Roll20 is very easy to use, just read their wiki and you're done.

Size of "large"? There is sendspace.com

If it's actually big - probably torrent.

Shadowrun for cyberpunk.

Hackmaster for classic fantasy.

And if you want both try World of Darkness.

It's the series that inspired Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

You are an evil man.

Okay, so the end result of the character creation was a Tau Male Ethereal with an average level of field experience, he's seen some shit.

His stats are:
Charisma 9
Strength 5
Intelligence 6
Agility 8
Luck 6
Endurance 8
Perception 10

The user making the rolls was really lucky I can already see this becoming a great quest thread for being my first one.

Sorry but that's what the dice decided.

Appreciated!

You know, Everyone is John, Interview, Wolf, stuff like that.
Something with an established world and lore is fine, as long as it doesn't require me to create a campaign from scratch because the default modules are always awful.

Meh. Traveller and LotFP, if you ask me.

Made something that hopefully saves other people my headache.

pumping iron.

You made me feel like a hacker by using the wrong file-extension and forcing me to examine the file to find out the right one :^) for everyone else: it's xps

My pdf-reader (Sumatra) opened it anyway.

THINGS YOU DO FOR THE MOTHERLAND.

Could use some participants for the quest since that one user who usually rolls all the actions disappeared somewhere all of a sudden.

No, that fucking 40k fanfiction deserves to die

First time running a quest thread you can't exactly expect it to be perfect.

What do you have against fanfiction anyway?

Refer to:

👌

bump

Found this OC on /leftyb/'s thread.

This thread tanked pretty hard, but I figured that I might as well share this stuff with you guys:

mediafire.com/?03vcucam1y9nt8o

If you were thinking about getting the Humble Bundle for Vampire: the Masquerade Revised, you'll find all of the items for it in this.

mediafire.com/download/1vh5xdbw5lfqpm9/ADEVA V3 05.zip

Here's an interesting system called AdEva, a tabletop game based off of Evangelion with ver heavy crunch.

Yeah. Supporting book liberation is a good thing.

Except there is already halfchan's Archive and 7chan's /tg/. Any thoughts on how to do it better?