What is the purpose of wireless mouses and earphones?

I mean, i can understand why we have wireless controllers for consoles, but, why we have wireless mouses? what is the advantages of having a wireless mouse?

I gonna be always very close to my Pc while i am playing or doing whatever other thing anyways so i don't care about wires.

The same whit earphones (they even have worse sound), why they gtting rid of earphone jack so soon?

(the same whit keyboards)

they are getting rid*

I guess a wireless mouse would be handy on the go with a notebook when you want as few cables lying around as possible. A wireless keyboard would be handy if you have a PC hooked to your TV and want to use it from the couch.

Personally though I wouldn't want to use a full-blown PC from my couch, and otherwise the hassle of dealing with batteries doesn't make up for the minor inconvenience of a cable. You know what would reduce the cable clutter? Having a USB hub in the keyboard, then you could plug the mouse straight into the keyboard and have only one cable running to the PC.

It's so it is easier for the NSA to spy on you.

I KNEW IT

- To keep dumping lithium battery manufacturing waste into our oceans
- To spy on you easily through inexperienced skiddie contractors over insecure wireless protocols that get cracked every year
- To pollute your home with unnecessary electromagnetic waves disturbing your prana modulators
- To sell you same garbage for more money because it's wireless and 'convenient'
- To keep users unproductive. Memed-in programmers and gamers will get worse response time and typing experience than on 30 year-old Model M
- Look up who made the first wireless keyboard

Wires have tension. This produces a micro-Newton force on my mouse movements and causes me to occasionally miss shots in Counter-Strike.

Wireless headphones are nice if you have other people in the house at night. I enjoy begin able to listen to music/movies at full volume at 3am without waking anyone up. Wireless mice are only useful if you're using a PC away from the desk for TV or something similar. Beyond that they are just a pain in the ass that fail whenever you need them the most.

What does that have to do with the headphones being wireless? The same thing applies to wired headphones.

I like programmable wireless keyboards.

Are you surprised that wireless headphone users aren't very bright?

I'm obsessive about minor things like the mouse cord restricting my movement and my earbuds having too much weight and getting pulled/in my way.

I go wired keyboards because they don't move around and I get better security and response on PS/2. Wireless mice are also convenient for when I'm moving around my laptop to my bed or bath or porch.

It applies to wiresless headphones for the same reason it applies to console controllers: So you don't have long ass cable stretching across the room to the couch. It also allows you to get up and go take a piss of go to the fridge or whatever and keep listening. If I've seen something before I don't usually bother pausing to go grab a cold drink. Just hearing it is enough.

Not having wires? Are you retarded or do you really not understand the most basic fucking things?

I like wireless peripherals when I am using a computer from bed. I don't want wires all across my bed.

muh futurism

Of all the illiteracy in that post, you somehow managed to "correct" an insignificant typo to be even more of a grammatical clusterfuck.

So you can use the thing without wires.

I know it's hard to take in at first but all things will become clear with time.

It can be lighter, easier to carry around, and be less likely to break from constant movement.

You're right that they're not replacements for wired headphones, but they're convenient for times when mobility is more important than audio quality. For example, when listening to podcasts while going for a walk or doing the dishes or gardening. When it's time for high bitrate music, you switch to regular wired headphones.

but listening to music on headphones is shit. I rather listen at moderate volume than use headphones. Also you can listen to music on wired headphones, wireless is not needed

Why would you use your computer from bed? Are you terminal stage cancer patient? Beds are devices that are designed to make you sleep on them. Not use computer on them.

what a bullshit
wireless devices are heavy, they contain batteries

I am using wired headphones when doing walk, dishes, gardening. Why would you need wireless for that?

I'm sure a poorfag like you wouldn't understand but there are times when I route sound through
Home alone? Stereo. Friends over and playing a game? Stereo or TV By myself and at computer at night while others sleep? Wire headphones. Tripping balls and want private music throughout the house? Wireless.

Well, my Russian friend, unless your smartphone is on an armband, the headphone wire tends to swing into the way of your arms.

Also, who are you people who think audio quality is so important? 64kbps-like quality sound is good enough in almost all cases where you're focussing on something more important than what you're listening to.

the same with wired, if you're using a portable player which you keep in your pocket or something.
and if you don't, then having a connection loss possibility at an unpredictable time does really suck ass.

on the other hand, the only mandatory-to-implement BT audio codec is "SBC" and it has shit quality. so wired wins and wireless loses.

why watch again at all then?

So that your desk and room aren't covered in cables like a fucking datacenter.

You gotta stop making so many shit threads dude

Wireless mice are awesome, less wires taking up space on my desk and getting caught behind my monitors, and you can stick em in a bag or out the way really easy. Same with headphones. I just wish my hhkb was wireless.

Can you not?

always buy wired generic brands with good reviews online.

Mice are animals, mouses are devices.

I occasionally use a wireless mouse when i'm laying in bed relaxing, so i don't have to get up to do something.
It would also be useful if you were streaming to your living room TV or something.

I only use bluetooth headphones anymore and i'll never go back, it's fucking great to be able to just get up and walk into my kitchen, take a shit or go outside and keep listening to whatever i was listening to, and with bluetooth you can use it with your phone, too.

This happened too many times to count before i switched to wireless.