Holla Forums HoI3 AAR?

Morning, Holla Forums.

For those of you not familiar with the game in the screenshot, this is Hearts of Iron 3, a grand strategy game that takes place during World War 2. I'm also running a mod called BlackICE, which adds another layer of complexity to the game which satisfies my autism.

Now, a common practice within the grand strategy community is to create "AARs," which are essentially screenshot-narratives of their campaigns, which sometimes have an audience interaction component.

Since I know that Holla Forums does have an audience for grand strategy games, I was wondering if there was an interest in an AAR managed by Holla Forums?

Holla Forums will control:
Decisions taken on major events. This will allow you to decide the course of the Soviet Union. For example, an early decision offered to the player is whether or not to pursue military purges.

Laws enacted: There are a number of different sectors of law that control things like the quality of training for the military, newspaper censorship, etc.

Politics: HoI3 allows the players to decide what political direction their country will take via ministers, espionage, and internal factors. Holla Forums will be able to control which ministers control what section of the government.

Diplomacy: Holla Forums will decide what direction is taken during diplomacy. Over the course of the game, the Soviet Union will have plenty of opportunities to entice other countries towards the Comintern through espionage, political manipulation, and simple diplomacy.

I will control:
Military action and organization: It would simply be too tedious to allow Holla Forums to decide the exact makeup of the Soviet military. In HoI3's 1936 start, the Soviet military has 8 army groups, the highest level of military command. I intend to cut that in half.

Production: The Soviet Union, by the middle of the game, will be capable of producing hundreds of brigades at a time. It will be too tedious for Holla Forums to decide what exactly is built and when, so I will decide that.

Technology: The HoI3 research trees are quite expansive, and deciding what to research by committee would be tedious. There's typically one path for a country to go down anyways.

Intelligence: Mostly for stealing technology, military sabotage, etc. Holla Forums will decide whether or not Soviet spies attempt coups and what-not, but I will decide what they're focusing on for the most part.

Laws enacted: All of them :^)
Politics: Stalin
Diplomacy: take no prisoners

Good idea OP

pic1: my first playtrhough, world is controlled by comintern and will soon purge the french commune revisionists

pic2 : comrade Hoxha overseeing the first 5 year plan

pic3 : NIHON STRONG

whoops wrong pic

also soon/soon we'll have trotskite USSR, that as trotskite practice would follow, will declare war to everyone at the same time (in hoi4 you can get trotskij in power)

polite sage

I captured London but couldn't hold it so I retreated and bombed it.

Also does anyone know how to get the Trotskyist coup to trigger? I didn't purge anyone during the great purge but nothings happened as of yet and its almost 1946.

Civil war should have happened

same thing happened to me, there was no civil war and i didnt purge anyone.

It seems to be bugged atm

a paradox game broken at release? well that's just not believable

Trotskyite factions will be fully enabled and fleshed out subequent DLC

Was it Paradox who put Trots into the "true Leninist" box?

I'm Definitely interested

DO EET

Yes, you can send help and supplies to Abyssinia, the Spanish Republic, and the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army of China once their individual wars kick off, will introduce the decisions once the AAR kicks off fully.

Think it's random. I managed to get him.

Bump

EVERY SINGLE THREAD THE SAME FAGGOT COMPLAINING ABOUT PARADOX!

I feel you mon. If only they hadn't have to have profit…

I don't mind the DLC, but it lacks substance, often breaks shit, and Wiz maintains his snarky attitude and forces memes like 'realism is not a valid argument for game design.'

Just wait for a steam sales and buy the important expansions. Even vanilla Paradox games are still more interesting than most brain dead trash that gets released today

So, is there any woth to HOI4, or is it shitty and dumbed down as everyone said it would be.

FUHRER MANA

autistic fascism jerkoff simulator like all paradox games

…there is no hope.. everything is getting streamlined…

I played Darkest Hour, Arsenal of Democracy and Hearts of Iron III

I'm really enjoying the game and I can finally play it cool. I suffer from autism so for example I really hated the whole air wings thing in the previous game. It was too much of a headache to handle all the missions and always start and stop them and so on, and all those pop ups, and since I care for maximum efficiency I would just not be able to decide how to use them at best. Now many complain that air warfare is lacking here , but I find it really nice, where you basically just assign wings to an area, tell them how to behave and when to fly, and they automatically do it and replenishing when needed from reserves.

Also trade no more has to be automated, actually nothing here is handed to the cpu unlike HOI3, and trading just means that you give a number of your factories in exchange of resources (which means, to say, that the output of those factories is used to get resources from a foreign country in exchange). And of course, you can export as well and gain factories,

Also, now you can design your own divisions completely as you wish, which is a plus.

The graphics do look good and the game hardly ever crashes (and if so, it's because some shitty mod) unlike HOI3, which I have on steam and it was a mess.

Another big feature is frontlines, in which you take an army (you can create custom armies with generals assigned that give bonuses) and assign orders to them. The orders are carried out by the cpu but you can micro manage too. It's mostly useful for minor wars or maybe for wide offensive (like barbarossa) or boring tasks like occupying indonesia. The main thing is that you assign an army to a front, then draw an arrow that points to the line of offensive and the CPU will go for it.

They removed the OOB, which I never appreciated anyway, and now you have theaters to sort your armies and each army a general that gives bonuses. And they removed espionage, which I don't know about you, but was really shitty in Darkest Hour for example, complete waste funds. But they maybe implement it better in some dlc.

Technology is kinda less deep, you don't have all those ultra specific techs of HOI3 or DH, but some users pointed out that now it's more useful in the sense that the bonuses given matter more while in previous games you had to research 4-5 techs for the same effect. I felt it lacking at first though.

The production is much better, you have mil factories to build weapons and civ factories to build structures. I couldn't find any good moment to expand my industrial base/defenses AND weapons in previous games, and if I did it was just a few because it costed a lot. And micro managing all those sliders was just an hassle. And the AI didn't always do a good job at it either. Now these aspects are split and I could make USSR great again while steamrolling all the world.

With the focus tree and the government and laws you can edit you can now really change your country, so most countries (if not all actually) can change ideology as they wish and you couldn't really do it (or not this easily) in other games.

You could say it's dumbed down about air wings and OOB, but I can say I enjoy it much more and feel more in charge of changing history and doing ebun stuff. Previous games just feel limited to me. And anyway I don't think it's any more dumbed down than a vicky 2 for example. They just made it less of an autismal circlejerk for special people, anyone can learn it because it has a good GUI and many things that were just a pain to handle (trade deals, production, individual air wings) are now just easy to manage. Like all those gazillion trade deals you would have to do are just gone. Or switching sliders each day. I could say it's rather playable now.

I miss the after battle report though, but you can see total casualties in the wars tab.

You can crack the dlcs and no one will know
I do it for every pidarox game.

COLONIST MANA
DIPLOMAT MANA
MISSIONARY MANA

This. DLC turns the game into a Lensman Arms Race, and from what I saw of the LPs and AARs on Porkydox's forums before they refused to let anybody even lurk without enabling cookies
This also. I'd mind them less if they didn't have such a bitch attitude.

*and from what I saw of the LPs and AARs on Porkydox's forums before they refused to let anybody even lurk without enabling cookies, the games were broken and incomplete (ever play as Pagans before Fury of the North or whatever the Viking expansion was?)