How much worse can comics get and what will it take to finally raze the industry and start anew?

How much worse can comics get and what will it take to finally raze the industry and start anew?

Other urls found in this thread:

kirby.nintendo.com/triple-deluxe/hypernova/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This comic is already dead and the author had the gall to say she would end it in "her own terms" that is exactly what she meant by that.

One of the big two has to fall before a total renewed age of comics can happen. There has to be a new standard of american comics to be set.

The very fucking phrase "Wrong side of history" is like nails on a chalkboard to me

How can anyone be so fucking smug, so narcissistic, that they feel they have the moral judgement to make an educated assertion on what is the "right side of history"?

How unaware of how history or even reality works do you have to be? It blows my mind honestly

user, Marvel Comics have done much worse than this in the previous years with UNSOLICITED OPINIONS OF ISRAEL. Calm your tits.

I didn't say this was the worst that modern comics had to offer; I'm asking if any of you think comics can sink any lower, what the new nadir would look like, and what needs to happen for comics to start returning to the days before they were a subsidized cancer-cultivation farm, if that even could happen anymore.

We already been through this multiple times and there's already a hellcat thread too.

Personally I don't really think it's truly comics that have gotten bad but mainstream comics have fallen into the ditch. Everytime we have these threads we're mostly talking about how far from grace Marvel and DC have fallen (mostly Marvel though) to the point we can all agree for them to go back to their roots they would need a massive failure and tons of people to be fired. They've both gotten really cushy because there isn't a large third competition to oppose them and at this point who the fuck would want to? Valiant is trying to play catch up with the superhero movie universe stuff but the main public doesn't even know who the hell they are. The Big Two are lost to many of us and at this point all the changes we want ain't gonna happen.

Now other comics on the market in the indie department or even the webcomics there are some gems there. We've all gotten bored enough to look through indie lists and we find stuff we like. I think we should more support indie comics if we find something good, give creators a little boost in their moral to let them know there are others who appreciate what they're trying to do for the market. Even here on Holla Forums we've got plenty of people looking to or already making their own comics.

The truth is we should be shaping up a portion of the indie market to keep it from becoming what we all hate. So far up their asses that not even their own farts are sating the narcissistic beasts they've become.

Holy shit, stop.

The right side of history is all about virtue signalling, don't you know? Even the comic book stores know it.

I don't believe this article, anyone got some juicy info that disproves this?

Breaking the link, just in case:
abcnews.go. com/Entertainment/groundbreaking-female-comic-book-store-owner-now-appears/story?id=43029186

that's it, there's no return for the industry

I sure hope tumblr and twitter don't give those Marvel artists and editors trouble for lightening a Black woman's skin, straightening her nose, and portraying her thinner than she is in real life.
That would be terrible.

AYO

I'm surprised honestly. I thought there were other black comic store owners before her.

It's all about female, user

I'd be lying if I said this was the worst case of Identity politics shoving a titular character to the background of his own book, but it still upsets me.

Oh god

Enough is enough

And the fucker who built a goddam hulkbuster doesn't even get a shoutout.

I've met that guy at several cons, really cool dude and helpful as fuck too.

Do Marvel comics even give shoutouts to cosplayers anymore?

It's not even virtue signaling. It's just more of Bendis' bizarre fetish for black people, something that has been going on for over ten years. Even Dwayne McDuffie made fun of his obsession for the melanin enriched.

I wonder how Ms. Ariell Johnson feels about not only being the object of Bendis fantasies, but actively contributing to the renumbering/variant scams that the big two keep pulling on comic shops.

Invincible Iron Man #1 came out back in November, you fucking slowpokes.

also.. FUCKING COFFEE SHOP SHIT.

Wait isn't her shop somewhere in NYC?

No, they didn't. The body on the cover is turned more toward Bendis's OP niglet. The dreads are different, her shirt now covers her cleavage, and her face is made more attractive. It's clear the artist didn't trace the image and only used it as reference, which is why it actually blends into the over-all artwork instead of looking like some overly rendered monster.

Bitch that it's clearly pandering, bitch that it's another fucking variant, bitch that Marvel is once again renumbering issues to get shops to buy more of them, but don't fucking bitch that it's traced because it isn't. You've got more than enough reason to hate it without making up bullshit.

Gotta love the "What you're doing will be remembered as objectively immoral!" attitude from the "there's no such thing as objective morality!" crowd.

How legit is that hulkbuster cosplay? Is he actually wearing a normal iron man suit when he's inside that thing, or is that all there is to it?

Seriously hope yous guys aren't buying from the big 2

It's basically parts mounted over a frame he wears on the inside. It's interchangeable I think because he's also cosplay'd Bumblebee and currently Reinhardt from OW.

No
The way creators are hired is wrong.
The format of comicbooks is wrong.
The creative process of comicbooks is wrong.
All of it is not conducive to creating a healthy industry.
I think we all know what a more healthy industry looks like.

Realistically?
It doesn't.
Comic shops die out.
Practically everything becomes web based.
The difference between webcomics and "real comics" becomes little more than a paywall and a deadline.
More comic webrings crop up, but anything with a narrative doesn't get any recognition because they don't update as often.
People try to start their own little web publishing outfits where the creators have deadlines but none of them really pan out.
Some of the talent still left in the industry move on and start making their own comics with patreon donations.
Sadly a lot of the shitty creators do it also and survive all the same.
Even if the big two die I don't see any particularly good revitalization of comics.

Holy shit that cosplay is fucking awesome!

That guy sounds like a pro. That type of cosplay along with kaiju outfits always fascinates me.

NOT YOUR CULTURE!

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT!

Good one.

How do you make these?

kirby.nintendo.com/triple-deluxe/hypernova/

make sure the part you want to HYPER UP is in centered horizontally, the editor only lets you scroll your image vertically.

you need a gold account

>>>/auschwitz/

It's clearly not traced you autistic kike that can't into art.

The complete destruction of the appeal of superheroes in American comics.

You will never live to see the day that American comics get any better until you see the day when superheroes are dead as a genre. You might hate it, you might be terrified of it, you might rather stop reading comics forever, but that's what it's going to take for American comics to get good.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Pretty much. Too bad most comic readers are beta manchildren that can't let go of their precious capeshit.

Oh hey it's another how do we fix it?!?!?! thread

I think this guy sort of has it right. Just make your own shit, as goofy as it is, and keep improving until someone notices or the industry dies.

You guys are really asshurt about men in tights, you know that?

Damn, I really want to pound that blonde until she is turned into a walking cumslut.

Okay, who the fuck wrote this shit? This is literally the most autistic thing read all week.

Kate Leth.

Nice.

The same cunt who agrees with this philosophy:

And this one:

God fucking damn it, why these hugbox comics are always a fucking thing? They are more popular than anything else on shit sites like tumblr or twitter.

Entitlement

Bingo. In the second panel, she comes to the realization that other people have it far, FAR worse than she does, but then reverts to a security blanket from someone she pays to tell her that her life is just oh, so horrible.

YOU HAVE NO TRAUMA.

yes, this is what we all want to see.
just like hellcat.
minorities and women hanging around chatting over coffee.
wow how did we get by without these people before

I'm still voting for stockpiling any and all good shows and comics made in the last 50 years, and then checking the fuck out. I'm done with this gay shit. Let these faggot crash the industry with no survivors without me having to pay attention to their agonizingly awful bullshit.

lol

Not him, but the super-saturation of western comics with capes is part of the reason they've become so bad. I certainly wouldn't say capes have to die, but they need to shrink and make way for other genres. There are comic book markets that are thriving right now, and part of the reason is the robust variety of genres in those markets.

This, I love super hero comics. I wish to see other genres get their due, but I don't want to live in a world where we stop making superhero comics all together.

Well, that's because the west is still struggling to accept the potential of the mediums it created. Comics are still seen mostly as a medium for superheroes (even though Archie or even the average webcomic proves that people will read about mundane slice of life shit for decades). Cartoons are only for kiddy shit and shilling toys with no continuity. TV is only for legal and cop dramas or "reality" shows. Movies needs to be big dumb spectacles that cost billions to make (and also they need to please China and fit their strict cultural guidelines)

Even if they tried to change things up, comic stores are dying (largely in part thanks to the capeshit constantly rebooting and retconning) and TV channels won't allow anything that isn't retarded low-effort Canadian flash animation or CalArts Noodle arm/grinning potato art.

Same
Just bought old good shit used and don't give a fuck about the rest
Resident alien is like the only new (post-2006) comic I've bought in years

That pod-cast was fucking magical.

Name a genre that isn't just some "slice of life" therapy bullshit written by a hipster faggot and drawn by someone with less talent than a three year old.

That being said, I'd like for horror comics to make a comeback.

No fucking shit.

I was almost with them for a second but then they let the stupid leak out.

Well, since Katey agrees with this philosophy, I wonder if she'd make "comics" for free from here on out?

REAL LIFE SURE IS HARD, UH

#relatable

That reminds me of something.

Japs do slice-of-life better than USAians

Straight white cis male privilege is having your achievements not include your sexuality, race, or sex in your achievement

You know, real achievements

#relatable

As someone who only started reading comics very recently, I think alot of my struggles are with which characters to follow, which era of comics (I've heard friends say to read the New 52 stuff of characters I like, like Deathstroke or TT.) Now, I've been buying up stuff like The Sandman, Glory, Predator Omnibus' All-Star Batman And Robin and thinking about getting the Joker book. There are so many comics and characters and stories that it gets confusing as all hell to follow.

problem is american cartoons are just big parodies nowadays

Is that a loss comic they're playing?

stop.

I'm sorry for your loss

This shit is more discussed than my questions about New 52 continuity.

Fuck you Holla Forums.

It's so shit that not even the DC writers can make sense of it.

I was talking about Joe Keatinge and Ross Campbell's new version of Glory.

Your mistake was assuming that people actually talk about comics here instead of just bitching about them.

You really are grasping at straws or fucking missing the joke completely

It's just that floppies would die and it would be for the better. People who want to do narrative will probably release one thick tome at a time, similar to how some comics in Europe are released. Line between books and comics would probably blur a bit too. In some ways it already is, with many bookstores carrying trade paperbacks, which was a rarity 15 years ago and unheard of before 90s.

Don't buy anything until you have read it and think it is worth the money. Especially if it was published by the big two (including Vertigo).

I usually look at a summary or advice from friends about good comics. Something with a reputation for being good, like Sandman is also something I may check out. But sometimes I'll buy blind and most times I am pleased with what I get.